• Time
  • Show
Clear All

two amandas, no waiting
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
      I know, eh!! I'm dying to meet her, but haven't ever been able to rustle up the funds to get to any of the cons. Such is life as a student, I suppose... *shakes fist at ridiculously high school fees*
      *pouts* Me too! Gosh I would give ANYTHING to meet her!

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
      We have not only talked to THE Amanda, we have also talked to the OTHER Amanda*. Both are lovely conversationalists and a lot of fun.

*otherwise known as antoa
      *confused look* What OTHER Amanda??
      sigpic
      My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
        *pouts* Me too! Gosh I would give ANYTHING to meet her!

*confused look* What OTHER Amanda??
        Known around here as antoa....stands for Amanda no the other Amanda
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

What did Suse have to do with it?
          LOL I already posted Suse role on your profile...go look at your message
          sigpic

Comment

I had this strange feeling that people were talking about me...

It's good to know that at least some one thinks that I am a lovely conversationalist. I am not sure if I can measure up to AT though I resort to dancing more than talking as a means of entertaining myself and others.

Those going to TSE are now warned - I could be spontaneously breaking out into dance more than usual that weekend since I have a competition the following weekend.

Comment

lol! Clearly! I mean, I don't know 'bout anyone else, but I know I look at Sam's hair when I want to figure out what season I'm watching!

Heh, I used to do the same thing with the X-files using Scully's hair. That and what kind of cellphones they used.

Ten years later, I think she would have done it. She would feel bad about it, but she'd weigh the consequences of not acting and make that choice.
              Yeah, or even just 3 years later with her having to kill Martouf.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              *Spilling*

When Jan and I were getting our autographs and talking with Amanda, we mentioned one of the autogrpahs was for our penguin friend AnnSgcfan which we actually picked out a shippy photo Then Julia R mentioned we were the resident Polar Bears, to which we had to explain Polar Bears were non-shippers and I believe Amanda asked what if people were in the middle...I said that they were Panda Bears at which time I said at the same time as Amanda they go both ways
              LOL, thanks for sharing! I can live with being a panda bear, they're so cute.

I know, eh!! I'm dying to meet her, but haven't ever been able to rustle up the funds to get to any of the cons. Such is life as a student, I suppose... *shakes fist at ridiculously high school fees*
              I feel your pain, though I'm cursing college fees at the moment. I was kinda bummed that AT5 will be in February next year since I'll still be in school then, but there's always AT6...I hope.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                As a Luddite without a computer at home and as someone who assumes you need one of those camera-thingies to have a Skype chat, I am waiting for the auction item "become AT's pen-pal".

Congrats.
                Got your rock and chisel ready?

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                No way! When I think Eh-T I think elegant and graceful. *runs*
                Are you referring to OUR Eh-T?

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                Your going to be awful tired trying to sleep with that one eye open.
                A little super glue on the eyelid and she'll be good to go.

*Spilling*

When Jan and I were getting our autographs and talking with Amanda, we mentioned one of the autogrpahs was for our penguin friend AnnSgcfan which we actually picked out a shippy photo Then Julia R mentioned we were the resident Polar Bears, to which we had to explain Polar Bears were non-shippers and I believe Amanda asked what if people were in the middle...I said that they were Panda Bears at which time I said at the same time as Amanda they go both ways
                Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                i can so hear her say that

likely with a grin and twinkle and slightly 'naughty' look
                Love her when she's naughty.
                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                Anon

Comment

Or as Amanda stated after Mandy and I explained it to her......."oh so Panda's swing both ways."

It's Suse and Fresh horse's fault we had to explain it to her.
                  Ha-ha! I live to serve. <<snicker>>
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

A nice walk down memory lane... and, apparently, the origin of Samandan pandas. (Please click the pix. They are worth it. )

Time for a little Captionary

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/3668/coldfp6.jpg

Jack: Come on Carter you've been at this for hours.
                    Sam: I know Sir, but some how Mandy managed to bury suse under all this ice.
                    Jack: Why would she do that?
                    Sam: Something about revenge being cold I think.
                    Jack: Well it certainly is cold in here, what say we take a break and have some nice hot coffee?
                    Sam: But what about suse Sir?
                    Jack: Ah she can wait, besides she probably deserved it.
                    Originally posted by suse View Post
                    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
                    ICE MELTS AT NORTH POLE

In a nefarious plan to use her arch-nemesis as a catalyst to cause global warming a weedwackingo Canadian named MandySG1 kidnapped Suse and buried her in the northern polar cap. It seems as the second movie of the late, lamented sci-fi series Stargate SG-1 was being filmed the close proximity of Amanda Tapping and Richard Dean Anderson - who already produce a HOT chemical reaction - to Suse caused the polar cap to melt.

It is unknown why Mandy, a confirmed "polar bear" (a rare breed that can't see Sam + Jack = together4ever is reality) chose to bury suse in her own back yard. She has since moved to South America to feast on "penguins".
                    Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                    Beneath the Surface of Kidnapper Mandy
                    How she took it too far

As scifithinker scratches her head in dismay at the news, antoa consoles a hysterical JanSam. The forum is in an uproar, and many have ragequit.

"I just can't believe she did it," JanSam says over and over again.

Indeed, few suspected the once respected Samandan, Mandy, to be a penguin eater. Nor did they think she was capable of burying anyone in ice. Beyond other slightly odd habits, she was known to be quite peaceful.

"Mandy bit people," minigeek affirms in a telephone interview. "A lot. But we just thought it was a bit of a fetish, you know? Nothing more."

Though Mandy and suse were amicable, there was some tension between them when it came to the issue of "Jack and Sam." A witness, who wishes to remain anonymous, notes that Mandy took the battle to extremes.

Still, there are those who maintain that Mandy is simply misunderstood, and that her penguin dining habits are a simple quirk that can be easily overlooked.

"She's really a good person," RepliCartertje says. "I know she is. And she only eats the small, weak penguins, which really makes her more of a mercy killer."

Agent Dark just wants everyone to move on. Upset that people are missing the "main point," he observes, "It's possible that Amanda [Tapping] melted those ice caps all on her own. She didn't need any help - not from the bloke and not from suse." He pauses. "Well, maybe from suse. But not from the bloke."

Suse was rescued from the lukewarm water hours after the film crew had officially departed. She was the last to be spotted by a disoriented crew member who'd also missed the boat. No information has been released regarding her health.

"It's just one of those things," minigeek continues. "You think you know people online, but this just goes to show you how crazy some of them really are."

Scifithinker agrees, "It's a scary world out there. You can't trust anyone."
                    On a related note, Mandy's comment that hell would freeze over before the penguins defeated the polar bears seems to have become a self-fulfilling prophesy. As a result of the melting of the Arctic ice caps, hell has averaged a balmy temperature of 63 degrees Fahrenheit in the last week, and forecast models predict it will freeze over within a year. Rising waters have swept the polar bear herself out to sea. Apparently Mandy was so focused on making the sauce for her now-famous penguin stew that she failed to notice the rising waters. She was last seen on an ice floe moving toward the Equator.
                    Newsflash....

This just in, two polar bear have been spotted on a tropical beach....

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9...onbeachzk8.jpg

Mandy, "Boy about time you got here! Spring break is just starting."

Jan, "Sorry I had to borrow the Samanda's bartender's tips to rent the boat."
                    Originally posted by suse View Post
                    Addendum: The Berlin Zoo has picked up the polar bears who were spotted riding an ice flow to the tropics and deposited them with Knut, the polar bear who was ignored by his mum. They have taken to him like penguins to water. Though they seem inordinantly interested in their black and white neighbors, the pandas.

suse
                    Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                    Hey... Maybe my ship/non-ship hybrid animal can be a panda. It's black and white like the penguins, it's temperamental like the polar bear.
                    Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                    http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5...shybridhw9.jpg
                    Spazzy & friend heading down to the tropics to join the party
                    Last edited by suse; 11 April 2010, 08:53 PM. Reason: fixing pic displays to current rules
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

it's nice to see the thread so alive and happy.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        it IS all about the hair
                        ... and the boobies!

Heh, someone get the door for Spaz, she will arrive any minute.

I saved for 4 years while taking out the maximum weekly entitlement for living costs on my student loan. Ate noodles and rice, saved the rest of it for AT4 last year. Trip of a life time

Of course after spending so much time and effort getting there, a jetlagged Neep promptly burst into tears when seated in front of Amanda.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

Are you referring to OUR Eh-T?
                        Eh-T called me straight!
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Sooooooooo, Ten Commandments. Haven't re-watched it again but I've been reading Thomisina Gibson's latest book (picked up at AT4) which is a bigger glossier version of her books on the various Stargate seasons. This one covers seasons 1-5. There was a comment in the book that when AT punched the guy her machine gun swung around and whacked her in the hip which apparently hurt quite a bit. Isn't one of the reasons we like AT so much is because she's such a klutz?
                          Yes it is! LOL. And I think most of us have that in common with Amanda too.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          ... and the boobies!

Heh, someone get the door for Spaz, she will arrive any minute

I saved for 4 years while taking out the maximum weekly entitlement for living costs on my student loan. Ate noodles and rice, saved the rest of it for AT4 last year. Trip of a life time

Of course after spending so much time and effort getting there, a jetlagged Neep promptly burst into tears when seated in front of Amanda.
                          I think you did great meeting Amanda! *hugs* at least you didn't end up in the hospital. (I did the first time I met her lol)

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

As a Luddite without a computer at home and as someone who assumes you need one of those camera-thingies to have a Skype chat, I am waiting for the auction item "become AT's pen-pal".
                            hehe, id be pen pals with amanda, and i have a laptop

Sooooooooo, Ten Commandments. Haven't re-watched it again but I've been reading Thomisina Gibson's latest book (picked up at AT4) which is a bigger glossier version of her books on the various Stargate seasons. This one covers seasons 1-5. There was a comment in the book that when AT punched the guy her machine gun swung around and whacked her in the hip which apparently hurt quite a bit. Isn't one of the reasons we like AT so much is because she's such a klutz?
                            indeed!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            Yikes, I go away for a day and all Netu breaks loose! I don't want to get the debate going again, but just for the record (since my name was mentioned in the above discussion), I took no offense at any ship related comments. I assumed chrono was joking--if a bit with an edge. Some of those newer to Samanda don't have the experience of our penguin/polar bear joking rivalry and the way we coexist. I think we are usually somewhat self-correcting here. When we go astray a bit (be it shippy or anti-shippy talk, imho mostly best reserved for those threads--or 3 pages of hair! discussion ) someone will steer us back to the center.

Yay for Sam, AT (and Helen Magnus)! Must go watch First Commandment. (((Samanda)))
                            ive only been on gw and samanda since may 09 and i came to learn quickly what penguins/pandas/polar bears ment and that we all happilly co-exist here on samanda with the occassional good natured comments from all sides...

of all the threads on all the forums i have ever been a member of samanda is the most welcoming and respectful i have come across... here everyone is welcome to discuss any topic and have any opinion and it will be respected...

Or as Amanda stated after Mandy and I explained it to her......."oh so Panda's swing both ways."

It's Suse and Fresh horse's fault we had to explain it to her.
                            that is classic

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                            There was an scene where Daniel and Sam were running through the woods, and I think on one take AT got hit by some pyrotechnics that were set off too soon. And I think she hurt herself tackling a Jaffa in Homecoming. And I believe RDA or Dan Shea has mentioned at a con that AT has gotten hit in the head by some casings, though hopefully when she wearing was helmet!
                            hehe, dan told us about that at the stargate con in march... he said the worst stunt gone wrong was the day they nearly set amanda on fire and went on to tell the story of a good looking extra (who yes he had a man crush on) who set the mine off catching himself on fire and running around nearly taking amanda out as well...

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            Yes it is! LOL. And I think most of us have that in common with Amanda too.

I think you did great meeting Amanda! *hugs* at least you didn't end up in the hospital. (I did the first time I met her lol)

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            oh, do tell...
                            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                              i dont believe i could ever criticise the main four they were brilliant.
                              Ha! You must be new here then!
                              I swear, the things Sam and the others get criticized about made me watch TV in a whole different way.
                              I always thought you watched a show because you found it entertaining, silly me! Nah, apparently you watch so you can take every single scene and every action apart and criticize it to death.

What some people seem to forget when doing so is that it is only a TV show!

No reason to get your knickers twisted about. Some things may not come out as the writers had intended to, some scenes may lack because of time/budgetary constraints.

Favorite example of the latter: 2001 - Sam falling down the ramp and the team just looking down on her.
                              Reason: the reaction shots were done on a different day so nobody looked as compassionate as they should have...or maybe they all just hated Sam's guts.

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                              So....(blinks innocently) when are we getting to the three pages of talk about Sam's hair?
                              Actually, in response to chrono trigger's innocent question: Sam/Amanda has been criticized about her haircut in season 4.
                              I seem to remember a comment from way back where someone wrote something like: "she looked awful and her hair looked generally uncared for. There was no way the military would allow an officer to run around like that!"

lol! Clearly! I mean, I don't know 'bout anyone else, but I know I look at Sam's hair when I want to figure out what season I'm watching!

Absolutely!

*Spilling*

What did Suse have to do with it?
                              And poor Fresh Horse! *looks innocent*

We have not only talked to THE Amanda, we have also talked to the OTHER Amanda*. Both are lovely conversationalists and a lot of fun.

*otherwise known as antoa
                              Are you using the royal "we"?

LOL I already posted Suse role on your profile...go look at your message
                              I did not threaten your bears! Just cuddling them. *cough*
                              Last edited by Fresh_Horse; 12 April 2010, 01:48 AM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                o_0 Julia! Haha... we think we can resist her charms but they overpower us.

You looked happy and healthy at AT4, so that was cool
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X