Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Yes, you are expected to work at a higher level in college than you were in high school. Welcome to the "big time."
    Wait until he gets out of school and has to work in the "real world"! I long for my University days!

As for all the changes and reactions to them, I think I have some potential recruits for Luddites International! Our motto: We not like change!

However, as with all technology, I have come to accept (though not necessarily embrace) change.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      Hi Guys,

Wow things are very different around here, ah well I guess we'll get used to it.

Julia(samcarterrules)
      Inorite! You go away for five minutes and someone redecorates and moves all your stuff

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Wait until he gets out of school and has to work in the "real world"! I long for my University days!
      Yeah, turning up every day gets really old really fast.
      sigpic
      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I'm kind of liking the colors now, thanks for toning down the white. I noticed my eyes were really reacting to the brightness after reading the threads for a while.

And thank you to all staff working on the upgrade. I know how these can go.

I'm used to not being able to find stuff, so the moving things around part hasn't bothered me

Even Sam had an upgrade go bad didn't she? In the episode with Felger? Were there any other times her "tweaking" caused problems?

Comment

As for all the changes and reactions to them, I think I have some potential recruits for Luddites International! Our motto: We not like change!

However, as with all technology, I have come to accept (though not necessarily embrace) change.
          Ah, the good old days. I remember them well. There weren't many problems that pizza and beer didn't solve. Now those two things just add to my heartburn

My Luddite membership is paid up for the coming year isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
            Ah, the good old days. I remember them well. There weren't many problems that pizza and beer didn't solve. Now those two things just add to my heartburn

My Luddite membership is paid up for the coming year isn't it?[/
            Actually, no. Please send me a cheque immediately!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I'm getting used to the changes. I like the wider look

Ohh ... and settings is now names my controls again ... yay!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                I'm getting used to the changes. I like the wider look

Ohh ... and settings is now names my controls again ... yay!
                I'm getting used to it too, plus the white isn't as bright on my home PC as it was at college.

BTW, I love your sig!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I'm used to not being able to find stuff, so the moving things around part hasn't bothered me

Even Sam had an upgrade go bad didn't she? In the episode with Felger? Were there any other times her "tweaking" caused problems?
                  Heh, I'm usually the same. I hate reading directions sometimes as I hate to take the time, so exploring new things is more of an adventure you could say. ;

There's not many episodes that I can recall where Sam's 'tweaking' caused a problem. 'Red Sky' comes to mind with the wormhole going directly through the planet's sun, but that was more a team thing and wasn't really a direct cause of any tweaking on Sam's part. They did try to rectify the problem though, tweaking it in a sense, in a effort to find a solution before it was too late. Does that count?

Comment

Not sure if it was really tweaking, but maybe the device going off in Message in a Bottle while she was studying it? Or maybe the gamekeeper chair in Avatar.

It's going to take a bit to find all the controls in the new format, but I like the wider pages and the way the quotes look now.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      Yes!!! Thank you...I feel the same...was there a vote on this or what?? I really do not like the new GW...ewww! Makes playing here less fun. Looks like I'll be venturing elsewhere more often now. Sorry GW...you screwed this one up!
                      A case of fixing something that wasn't broken...so not happy with the new layout...it's absolutely horrid. Too white and clinical and not as easy to navigate...taken all the fun away. And where's the spoiler tag thingy??

If you're having this much trouble with it then what hope in Netu have I got in figuring it out? I just gotta ask...Why??? Why did they do it? It was so cool the way it used to be.

Me too...I feel like I just moved away from home...except this is worse coz it's really not that appealing.

Well worth repeating. I had to take from my AT5 account to donate...but it was well worth it...and I'm going to donate my Australia Day pay when I get it...coz it's a public holiday we get time and a half so I'll donate that and the money I got for working the Boxing Day holiday too...as soon as I get paid!

I understand that tweeks take time to sort through but I'm mystified as to why he changed it in the first place. Not that I'm having a go at Darren personally...if there's a reason I'd like to know why my fave play place is not so inviting anymore.

My eyes are not happy with the white...hoepfully that's something Darren is yet to "tweek".

(((Samandans)))
                      Ok...I need some help...how do I find the threads I'm subscribed to? I'm lost already

It's alright...I found it. Is too tired to play here tonight..sorry. Totally had the fun sucked out...I just hope Darren fixes the whiteness!
                      Oh Chelle *hugs* it seems you're really bummed out about this, as I'm sure a lot of others are too, but at least we're all still together, and even though the page is different, the people are still the same.

Well worth repeating. I had to take from my AT5 account to donate...but it was well worth it...and I'm going to donate my Australia Day pay when I get it...coz it's a public holiday we get time and a half so I'll donate that and the money I got for working the Boxing Day holiday too...as soon as I get paid!

So...Amanda's tweet today bought a huge smile to my face...is immensely proud of S4K.
                      (((Samandans)))
                      So am I.

@amandatapping: $ is going to Save the Children Canada - Int'l. They've been in Haiti since 1978. Low overhead, lots of experience & support.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      *clings* Give it a few days Chelle. There's likely to be a bit more tweaking with the update so who knows what might be a bit different then. If you still don't like it, then I won't miss you too much...not.

Same here. Anymore, I've gotten used to rolling with the changes. Life seems to be full to overflowing with them as it is. But that's not always a bad thing.
                      2010 so far has been HARD on me, I've been juggling college, work, my duties at home and my fandom, and college is taking up to much time. I haven't cleaned my house in like 2 weeks, and it shows, I get like 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night, I've had to cut back my shifts at work, and most importantly, I haven't been spending as much time on my fandom as I should be. It's only going to get worse, and I'll be super glad when it's over, then I can get back to what's important. Again, if it wasn't for my HUGE disadvantage, things at college would be easier for me.

I have so much more respect and admiration for Amanda, the things she's gone through and goes through now, and those here who go to college, like Julia. How do you do it hon?

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                      Hey Samandas!

I hear that a lot of you don't like the new update...

Heres a few things:
                      The update HAD to be done, the older software has become unsupported by its creators, so if anything went wrong it could have taken Darren week to months to fix it. Whats worse, a new gateworld or being without it for weeks?

Yes, the new layout is different. Alot of things mentioned in this thread are TEMPORARY. Darren is working on a new Stargate related theme, which will be closer to the old theme, i hope. At the moment its just using the default theme with a few tweaks. I get the feeling Darren wasn't planning on updating anytime soon... and he has been thrust into doing so.

ALOT of you have been asking about the spoiler button. I've asked Darren and the mods about this, i believe its on the todo list. I was the person who got it added to the quick reply section in the beginning.

Yes it's a little white, Darren has tweaked this once already, but i feel he might have to do it again... Hoping it will be nicer with the new theme...

Give it some time, Darren is one man trying to do it all. Its like one person rebuilding the World Trade Centre and making everyone happy on how its built - NOT an easy task. Trust in the Darren, the Darren is good.

Updates for the board software are coming out almost daily, and with them; fixes and some more bugs. A writers story is never the way they want it at the first draft.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if any suggestions pop up, and if so I'll post them in the forum tweaks thread.
                      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      we had to change because VB3, the version that we had, was due to hit the 'no longer supported' list

meaning they were cutting off fixes and updates etc

we'd have had to do this eventually, so he picked now, a relatively slow time in forumland, rather than have it thrust upon us later in the year
                      I see.
                      Last edited by Rocky89; 19 January 2010, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I'm cool with what's happening now...especially that I now understand it more. So gonna kick back a bit and hope that the kinks and what not are sorted out soon...and hope that Darren has little trouble with it as possible. So please just ignore my grief at the sudden change in my fave little site. I suppose there are bigger issues happening in the world than a slight...or even not so slight, change in a forum.
                        On that note...good night all, take care and stay safe...and don't forget to donate to the Haiti relief fund via Sanctuary For Kids....and spread the word!!!!
                        (((Samandans)))
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

maybe its just me but i prefer working to uni

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          Oh Chelle *hugs* it seems you're really bummed out about this, as I'm sure a lot of others are too, but at least we're all still together, and even though the page is different, the people are still the same.
                          the look of the forum may have changed but its purpose and the people on it havent
                          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                            maybe its just me but i prefer working to uni
                            I think I'd have to side with EH-T on this one. When I first began Uni, I still lived at home so working wasn't much of a priority compared to getting through a full load of classes. It was pretty cool though, regardless of the amount of homework as I always found free time for fun.

Now, I'm working full time and am part-time Uni due to life just happening and have lots less free time. Money is more of a priority strangely enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              I think I'd have to side with EH-T on this one. When I first began Uni, I still lived at home so working wasn't much of a priority compared to getting through a full load of classes. It was pretty cool though, regardless of the amount of homework as I always found free time for fun.

Now, I'm working full time and am part-time Uni due to life just happening and have lots less free time. Money is more of a priority strangely enough.
                              i did uni in 4 years and was lucky, my parents didnt expect me to have a job while i was studying... so i did the first 2 years full time... then i did the last 2 years part time with a part time job...

i now work 5 days a week, so weekends and nights are mine to do with as i please...

but i dont go out much so the thing i missed most during uni was having time to read a book that wasnt a subject text book...
                              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

and most importantly, I haven't been spending as much time on my fandom as I should be.
                                Rocky hon, real life comes first. You don't 'owe' the fandom anything...so if you have a choice of doing your homework or playing on the forum, do your homework. cause it'll be there long after the forum ends

real life comes first
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X