Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Awww....that's lovely (tho' it sounds a wee bit painful )
    Don't worry, I won't contort you like the girl I saw in the window today in Amsterdam.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

So, as some of you may know, while Sanctuary merrily carries on in the US (and I believe the UK as well) those of us in Canada have to wait until the end of January for a new episode. Here' my top 10 list of why I'm not complaining:

10. One word: spoilers!
      urgh, but spoilers are not good. Spoilers need to be avoided. I don't want to be spoiled!

9. I can listen to the podcasts on Syfy, although I can't see the pictures, so it's just like Sanctuary as an old radio show (except they all get so distracted by other things that they often don't talk about the episode so maybe not so much like a radio drama after all ).
      Radio show? shhhtt, kids, don't laugh! Auntie EH-T is talking about the good ol' times when they still made radio shows. *

8. Christmas is very distracting.
      It's just two days!

7. I'm sure if I think real hard I can find something else to do on a Friday night.
      May I suggest the obivous? Hockey! I am sure there's a game going on at a hockey rink or pond near you!

6. Good things come to those who wait so with all the waiting we have to do the next few episodes should be really good.
      ...and we are waiting...

5. I have video tapes of the first set of episodes so I can rewatch those. Luddites love the smell of video tape!
      I just threw out some old video tapes to make room for new DVDs.
      I also set up my phone to receive/send emails.
      fresh horse is no luddite

4. New Year's Eve is very distracting.
      I still haven't made up my mind what charity to support with the money that I don't spend on fireworks. The Sea Shepherds come to mind. Go kick some Japanese butt!

3. I hear there's a place in town that holds auctions on Friday nights.
      Your house? *ducksandruns*

2. I can spend my time watching the season 1 DVDs again. No wait, those were stolen except for one disc. Correction, I can spend my time memorizing disc 1 from season 1.
      Memorizing is analog as opposed to DVDs being digital, isn't it?

1. Canadians are too polite to complain!
      Yes, you are.

* fresh-horse owns War of the Worlds - the original on CD.

Comment

So, as some of you may know, while Sanctuary merrily carries on in the US (and I believe the UK as well) those of us in Canada have to wait until the end of January for a new episode. Here' my top 10 list of why I'm not complaining:

*snipped for size*
        thats the spirit EH-T

speaking of sanctuary, ill finally get to catch up on some eps today!!!!!
        Last edited by katjoy; 12 December 2009, 08:39 PM.
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Don't worry, I won't contort you like the girl I saw in the window today in Amsterdam.
          Neep, what are you doing in the Red Light District?
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
            Visiting the Royal Palace?
            If I recall, the Netherlands royal residence was near the red light area? But I was there a long, long, long time ago, (1980? 81?) I might be mis-remembering.

FF
            sigpic

Comment

If I recall from my brief visit to Amsterdam a few years ago the Red Light District is neatly shaded onto the tourists maps so it's as easy as possible for everyone to find.

And I think perhaps cos it's there...and actually worth a visit.
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I saw it from the canal boat tour. Nods.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                  If I recall from my brief visit to Amsterdam a few years ago the Red Light District is neatly shaded onto the tourists maps so it's as easy as possible for everyone to find.

And I think perhaps cos it's there...and actually worth a visit.
                  Absolutely!
                  I was in Amsterdam when I was in my teens. The city rocks. I think the Dutch are always (at least) two steps ahead of the Germans when it comes to music and fashion.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  I saw it from the canal boat tour. Nods.
                  So that's you're story and you are sticking to it?

Comment

I think I’m still trying to get my bearings around this thread, so apologize if I’m still seem to be in lurkmode at times, lol!

So let’s see if I’ve got this straight: We started off with some discussion about snow and holiday weather (btw finally got some snow around here too! It’s barely visible but it’s there, I promise), then there was a moment of much needed chocolate induced posts (and yes I totally see Helen going for the really dark chocolate, probably specially imported and hand made from some local Belgium chocolaterie which she enjoys with some fine red wine, it’s good for the heart you know *nods*), after that the question of Helen’s mother came up (great question btw) and somehow we moved onto Neep visiting the red-light districts of Amsterdam.

Snow – chocolate – Helen’s mother – prostitutes
                    Yup, makes total sense to me

And somewhere in the midst of that there’s a very polite and apparently not so bitter Canadian trying to explain the reasons for not being peeved about having to wait for new Sanctuary eps!

Now I’m off to look for some Penguin bars – I haven’t given up my hunt yet. I know they’re out there somewhere.
                    *off scavenging*

Comment

Hehe 2Shy... best just to go with the flow and not think about it too much

In a way it's all on topic, because we are Amanda's fans. Or something.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
                        I think I’m still trying to get my bearings around this thread, so apologize if I’m still seem to be in lurkmode at times, lol!
                        Very well done !

You are learning very quickly

Comment

OK. Since lately we've been comparing Sam and Helen and then somebody introducted the topic of "mothers" into the conversation...... let's compare Sam's mother and Helen's mother.

1) What traits do you think their daughters inherited?

2) How did the mothers instill such strength and independence into their daughters?

3) Every daughter rebels in some way, so what trait do you think Sam and Helen deliberately avoid because their mother had that trait?

4) In what other ways do you think Sam and Helen rebelled?

P.S. I must go call my mother as it was her birthday this week and I forgot

Comment

OT whine:
                            Spoiler:
                            It's raining AGAIN!!!

I DO NOT live in the PNW!
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post

Snow – chocolate – Helen’s mother – prostitutes
                              Yup, makes total sense to me

And somewhere in the midst of that there’s a very polite and apparently not so bitter Canadian trying to explain the reasons for not being peeved about having to wait for new Sanctuary eps!

Now I’m off to look for some Penguin bars – I haven’t given up my hunt yet. I know they’re out there somewhere.
                              *off scavenging*
                              Never expect the expected in this thread is all I can say. We have some very colorful people here.

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                              OK. Since lately we've been comparing Sam and Helen and then somebody introducted the topic of "mothers" into the conversation...... let's compare Sam's mother and Helen's mother.

1) What traits do you think their daughters inherited?

2) How did the mothers instill such strength and independence into their daughters?

3) Every daughter rebels in some way, so what trait do you think Sam and Helen deliberately avoid because their mother had that trait?

4) In what other ways do you think Sam and Helen rebelled?

P.S. I must go call my mother as it was her birthday this week and I forgot
                              Ooh tough questions. I've never really thought much of Helen's mother since she seemed to be raised by her father and took after him in many differing ways. They seemed very, very close. How much was mentioned in the eps about her mother anyways and when did she pass?

Hope your mom wasnt too terribly upset either. How did you make it up to her? I know I circle many times over my mom's birthday on the calendar so I don't forget. Holidays and birthdays are big to her since her mom passed away before she was in her teens and her dad wasnt around much. Havent forgotten yet!
                              Last edited by Celandine; 13 December 2009, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                Never expect the expected in this thread is all I can say. We have some very colorful people here.

Ooh tough questions. I've never really thought much of Helen's mother since she seemed to be raised by her father and took after him in many differing ways. They seemed very, very close. How much was mentioned in the eps about her mother anyways and when did she pass?
                                Same goes for Sam. Her mother died when sam was in her early teens. Maybe we should talk about their fathers^^
                                SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

Working...
                                X