No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a message on FB today from my cousin who lives near the city she said that she and hubby are fine but the street behined them is flooded and that there son lives couple of streets down she said they havent been evactuated yet, it was good to here there okay

Know worried about my mum she works in the city and she has to go to work tommorow i hope she'll be okay.

I agree Kat.

Today my dad at work was asked to send as many buses as he could out to the city to help those people who had been asked to leave certain area's ,he got them all out which was good
    sigpic
    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Them running into AT at comicon would be great.

there's them in their costumes and geeking out...and there's AT, pretty in professional dress and she corrects sheldon's science...and she's right
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        speaking of that interview; does anyone know of a version of this interview that doesn't have a delay with the voiceover and the video?

(i was going to write it's out of sequence, but as it's not in sinc... how do you spell 'in sinc'? )
        Here's the original file. The upload to YouTube corrupted it somehow.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A6VOUJHW

Comment

another nice moment in 'solitudes' is when they finally figure out where sam and jack ended up, and before daniel and teal'c can even finish their sentences (on wanting to go there for the rescue mission), hammond interrupts and tells them they can go.

teamy love and caring and it's just wonderful.
          Solitudes is a great favourite of mine (Jack whump and Sam caring). The only thing that irritates me is the thought that the SG folk had to fly from Colorado to the Antartic to help rescue them. I'm just remembering when we sent air craft to the Falkland Islands (a sort of similar distance I would think) - just how long it took them to fly down with five air-to air refuellings on the way. Those poor souls had to wait an awful long time to be rescued!!

I'm just saying...

Mumsey
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
            Solitudes is a great favourite of mine (Jack whump and Sam caring). The only thing that irritates me is the thought that the SG folk had to fly from Colorado to the Antartic to help rescue them. I'm just remembering when we sent air craft to the Falkland Islands (a sort of similar distance I would think) - just how long it took them to fly down with five air-to air refuellings on the way. Those poor souls had to wait an awful long time to be rescued!!

I'm just saying...

Mumsey
            That was one of the things that annoyed me a bit in various episodes. How it seemed like such a short trip to get where they were going when it would likely have taken all day to get to the destination. From Colorado Springs to Antarctica would have taken most of a day. In Redemption, when Jonas and Teal'c flew to Hawaii to board the DSRV to go to the crashed mothership, its at least a 5 hour flight from the west coast, so an additional 2-3 hours would be added from Colorado Springs, and they made it seem like it took only an hour or two.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
              I've heard this criticism of Sam before and have to respectfully disagree she did anything wrong.

I haven't seen Heroes lately to remember the timing and position of all marines and airmen, I don't think that is apparent anyway. But, I watched the show for the first time with people who would know if Sam did anything wrong. They never said anything about the tactics or movement, and they ususally would if somebody did something stupid, especially since it was usually the Air Force that did something stupid (a little inter-branch rivalry). In fact, those people had nothing but high praise for Heroes. Still do to this day.

Recently a "living" soldier was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for leaving cover and bringing back another soldier who'd been hurt, not once, but several times. He is the only "living" recipient of the award for many, many years. Many of the other CMOH honorees, both dead and alive, received the CMOH for doing the exact same thing, saving their comrades in arms.

I would rather go to war with people who care enough to do something about their wounded squad mates, than those who would leave them out to die. In my opinion, Sam did the right thing.
              I'm glad Sam did what she did, I just wasn't sure if this would happen in RL, and if she put others in danger by doing it, but then I guess a wounded person couldn't be left unprotected on the battlefield.

Hope everyone in Aus who are were the floods are, are safe. *hugs*

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                I have an update too. My Aunt, Uncle and cousins in Ipswich are safe. The water is in their street up to their letter box, but their driveway is quite long. They have a route straight up hill to the evacuation centre and they are ready to hoof it if needed. My cousin's New Zealand boyfriend and his parents are in a motel on the other side of the river. They are safe, but my cousin in very annoyed they wouldn't come stay at their house, since the bridge is nearly covered and there is a lot of rain forecast tonight and into the morning.

My uncle is out of town, but they have been in touch with his family in Toowoomba. They are safe, but I don't know about their houses or anything. Mum was worried about the family with a girl a bit younger than me with down syndrome, thinking it might make evacuation more difficult- turns out they are on holiday in New Zealand.

I feel sick with worry for these people.
                Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                I got a message on FB today from my cousin who lives near the city she said that she and hubby are fine but the street behined them is flooded and that there son lives couple of streets down she said they havent been evactuated yet, it was good to here there okay

Know worried about my mum she works in the city and she has to go to work tommorow i hope she'll be okay.

I agree Kat.

Today my dad at work was asked to send as many buses as he could out to the city to help those people who had been asked to leave certain area's ,he got them all out which was good
                Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                and yet they let laptop chargers in the cabin so dont get the logic there!

*raises both hands*

haha, thanks rocky

that would be so funny!

that's my fave BBT scene as well! so awesome!

i was reminded of that scene when amanda left the scure from whatever she was eating on our table at the cocktail party in melbourne

rain ot:

dad cant get to work... i was at work for a little over an hour before dad messaged me and told me to come home... ppl were banked up on the main road to get out of my suburb and prolly back to brisbane... kidwizz cant get off his street... one of my coworkers had to go home as his unit flooded... another had to leave about the same time as me as the daycare centre said they were closing and she had to pick up the kids... at least two others cant get to work... AND ITS STILL RAINING!
                Thinking of all those in Aus. Stay safe.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                  Here's the original file. The upload to YouTube corrupted it somehow.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A6VOUJHW
                  Thanks for posting this, been wanting a clean version of this for forever.
                  No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                  It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I've heard this criticism of Sam before and have to respectfully disagree she did anything wrong.

I haven't seen Heroes lately to remember the timing and position of all marines and airmen, I don't think that is apparent anyway. But, I watched the show for the first time with people who would know if Sam did anything wrong. They never said anything about the tactics or movement, and they ususally would if somebody did something stupid, especially since it was usually the Air Force that did something stupid (a little inter-branch rivalry). In fact, those people had nothing but high praise for Heroes. Still do to this day.

Recently a "living" soldier was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for leaving cover and bringing back another soldier who'd been hurt, not once, but several times. He is the only "living" recipient of the award for many, many years. Many of the other CMOH honorees, both dead and alive, received the CMOH for doing the exact same thing, saving their comrades in arms.

I would rather go to war with people who care enough to do something about their wounded squad mates, than those who would leave them out to die. In my opinion, Sam did the right thing.
                    I couldn't green you for this post so here's some virtual green. This is what I've always thought about Sam's actions in this episode and it's nice to hear it's shared by some people in the know military-wise.

Coming up with my top 3 "bad" things Sam did is difficult because so much of what she did was as the mission for the SGC. Just because Sam did them doesn't mean she was the final authority responsible.

I would put Red Sky in this category. Yes, Sam is the one that bypassed protocols. However, the SGC's mission was to explore and obtain useful technologies. Period. Bypassing protocols was a symptom that overall mission. Blaming Sam for Red Sky is the same as blaming Walter for anything bad that happens on a mission.

Most of the times I remember not liking something Sam did were more times of her inaction rather than her action.

1) Wanting to continue to watch Henry Boyd's team for scientific discovery. The "watching good men die" was a secondary thought. Also, her instinct was off, which it usually isn't, in that the SGC could watch the black hole without any consequences.

2) There were a couple of mis-steps in the episode with the orb that shot steel rods into O'Neill. Again this is not necessarily her fault because she was told to "stop what is happening". But, I think she wasn't used to thinking way outside the box like she learned to do based on this incident as well as others.

3) There were several times during The Quest I thought she should have confronted Cam and tried to get him to head in a different direction. Can't think of any specifics now, but Sam was unusually submissive in the episode if I recall correctly. Except for hitting Baal of course Much about Seasons 9 and 10 is a blur because I haven't watched those episodes as much as Seasons 1-8. Maybe I'm confusing that episode with the whole seasons.

This was a hard task, but thanks for asking. It brought back a lot of good memories of episodes. Great question!
                    Nice examples. The Matter of Time one I think you can also say was because Sam wasn't used to thinking that outside of the box yet, since she didn't seem to think any effects of the black hole could come through an out-going wormhole.

sigpic

Comment

are the negotiations for sanctuary season 4 still happening?
                      sigpic
                      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                        are the negotiations for sanctuary season 4 still happening?
                        Since there still isn't any renewal news, ... they probably are. I do wish we'd hear something real soon, though.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

I'm just saying...

Mumsey
                          i hadn't seen this ep in years. YEARS. i was a bit taken aback by how sad it was. i didn't remember that. or, i'm just in a kind of meh mood these days, so maybe that's transferring over, but... that end, where sam returns to jack to die with him...

yeah, i'm thinking it's just my blue-ish mood.

but it was still lovely to see how much they cared about each other. through the years, the emphasis on that drifted away. or was severely watered down. meh.
                          Last edited by majorsal; 11 January 2011, 01:30 PM.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                            I couldn't green you for this post so here's some virtual green. This is what I've always thought about Sam's actions in this episode and it's nice to hear it's shared by some people in the know military-wise.
                            at the time the episode aired, the only ppl i saw complaining on this subject were anti s/j fans. whenever there was an opening to slam the ship, they took it, even if it was such a stretch that it made it laughable.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

i hadn't seen this ep in years. YEARS. i was a bit taken aback by how sad it was. i didn't remember that. or, i'm just in a kind of meh mood these days, so maybe that's transferring over, but... that end, where sam returns to jack to die with him...

yeah, i'm thinking it's just my blue-ish mood.

but it was still lovely to see how much they cared about each other. through the years, the emphasis on that drifted away. or was severely watered down. meh.
                              I think the sadness is just your "meh" phase. I remember feeling Sam's loss of hope when she crawled out the hole onto the glacier and saw nothing but ice forever and forever. It was an incredibly stark moment.

Comment

It's weird how different episodes effect us differently depending on when we watch them. I remembered Window of Opportunity as light hearted and funny, so watched it in the car on the way to my grandma's funeral to distract myself (didn't want to lose it until after I had done my reading). I had forgotten why the alien dude was trying to tinker with time- very sad.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X