Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Lida
    ChevronSeven....Congrats on Post 1000!And congrats on your new position as Royal Shopper....can't wait to see your first purchases.

    Sal.....I think we all loved answering those questions, even if you didn't mean us too. I know I did.

    SamFan1....thank you for the wallpaper I love it!

    And now for the not so great news. I don't think coming back was a great idea. The F.O.R.D. people are already red dinging me. I honestly didn't do anything. WHY are they so immature and just plain mean? I'm truly frustrated. I thought if I stayed away for awhile, people would leave me alone. Guess I was wrong, at least about those fanatics. Everyone else, here and on other threads, have been wonderful. I really don't know what to do. Part of me says ignore them....but the other part is fuming. Oh well, I'm sorry to bother you with this nonsense. I don't want to bring you all down on the eve of a great weekend.

    I think I'll just leave again, for a while...and see how I feel. I've had so much fun the past few nights. I've really missed all of you. You have made me laugh, smile, and even cry. As always, you are the BEST!

    All my love,

    Lida/Sam
    Lida , I hope you are feeling better. You should stay here. As what everyone is saying, we will miss you if you go. Do not bother about the other sites. Take care. Hope to see you around the forum
    gatebee

    avatar and sig by flidget

    Comment


      Late to the party... again.. how stunning is Amanda looking in the new cast shots!

      As a friend of mine pointed out in the Amanda lovin thread on the Mariska Hargitay forum (for some reason there always is one)....

      Looks like Amanda Tapping is one of those people who can get up at 4 am and work for 16 hours a day for 8 years, have a baby, be back to said 16 hour days a month later and STILL look better than amazing...
      Loved that, thought I'd share...
      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by Myrth
        Late to the party... again.. how stunning is Amanda looking in the new cast shots!

        As a friend of mine pointed out in the Amanda lovin thread on the Mariska Hargitay forum (for some reason there always is one)....



        Loved that, thought I'd share...


        Just goes to show how much Amanda is thought of in other circles
        I thought the picture of Amanda was really lovely and much longed for!
        Amanda imho looked quietly serene and fulfilled in the cast photo of just her.
        Motherhood is it seems sitting well with her bless her!
        ......TARA......

        Comment


          Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

          ... These forums are supposed to be recreational.....giving us an opportunity to chat with others who share our interests. I decided that for me, it wasn't worth it to go places where my views weren't welcome. I don't want to deal with unpleasant people during my recreational time.

          ... this thread ... free to express ourselves without the fear that someone will be nasty.
          Exactly the point ... we seem to have found a way to all co-exist and respect the diversity of opinions in Samanda and humor helps to move us along when we begin to take ourselves a bit too seriously. From what I've seen elsewhere, we seem to be the exception rather than the rule, and that is unfortunate. (Don't get me started on a treatise on the downfall of civility in public life!)

          In the meantime, we wish you well, Lida, and hope you decide to keep posting here in Samanda.

          I have just tried, unsuccessfully, to translate the following thought into Latin (always more regal and official) as a possible suggestion for the Samandan Motto (which I don't think we ever finalized). As Lida mentioned the rudeness elsewhere, I thought of what AT wished for her new daughter when asked at the Leo Awards interview - Amanda wished that there be "more kindness in the world".

          So, my dear Samandans, what about something like "Hic caritas regit" which means "Caring/Kindness reigns (or rules) here" as our kingdom's royal motto?!

          It's the best I could do as it's been years since I've read Latin ... if any of you can do a better translation around the idea of "let kindness rule here" or some such Amanda thought, please help out!

          And, while on the subject of Samandan protocol and inventions ... how is the official Samandan Flag turning out? Royal Photographer and Graphics Designer, what say you? Do we have the new image in place? The Latin phrase above would kinda look nice imposed upon the new flag.

          What do my fellow Samandans think?

          Comment


            Whoa, what did I miss last night? I hope Lida remains here. I myself might be partly to blame. During the day, I like to see what others are posting and I went onto the thread she was referring too. I saw the hateful responses to her post, which I thought was informative and pro-Ford. Shows what I know. I posted something to that effect and guess what? I got rippped, 6 ways from Sunday. I went back and deleted my posts and needless to say I'll never return there. I don't know how such mindless drivel or cruel, nasty people can be allowed to continue on GW. Well, I guess Darren is a true believer in equal opportunity posting. Too bad there aren't more threads like this one and the Sam/Jack Ship thread.

            I would like to add my congrats to the many others.....Congrats (a little late) to ChevronSeven, on 1000 great posts!!!!!

            And ChopinGal, your idea of a Royal motto is fantastic, esp. the one you have chosen. I knew there was a reason I loved AT so much. We do need more kindness, understanding and tolerance in the world. From my limited knowledge of Latin ( and it IS limited), Hic Caritas Regit, could be translated as Esteem/Affection reigns here.....but I may be wrong (probably am). In any case, I like it very much. I think kindness=comitas and tolerance= tolerantia, but I am having trouble remembering my gramar, and a Latin scholar I NEVER was.

            I'll ask my hubby if he can help. He knows more Latin than I do. In the meantime, I know some of you out there took Latin!

            My final response to what I think, I vote Yes on the official motto AND on the flag. I guess our official photographer and all around multi-talented Graphics designer has a new project.

            Comment


              A message from your Royal Baker/Chef: As I am already late for a weekend celebration/concert, I am presenting your July 4th feast today. As always, the food is guaranteed not to go to your hips, or any other place you deem unacceptable. Enjoy the weekend and for those in the States, enjoy the holiday! Let the feasting begin!

              ***********************************************








              *********************************************

              Enjoy!!!!!!

              Comment


                Originally posted by Atteria
                Whoa, what did I miss last night? I hope Lida remains here. I myself might be partly to blame. During the day, I like to see what others are posting and I went onto the thread she was referring too. I saw the hateful responses to her post, which I thought was informative and pro-Ford. Shows what I know. I posted something to that effect and guess what? I got rippped, 6 ways from Sunday. I went back and deleted my posts and needless to say I'll never return there. I don't know how such mindless drivel or cruel, nasty people can be allowed to continue on GW. Well, I guess Darren is a true believer in equal opportunity posting. Too bad there aren't more threads like this one and the Sam/Jack Ship thread.

                I would like to add my congrats to the many others.....Congrats (a little late) to ChevronSeven, on 1000 great posts!!!!!

                And ChopinGal, your idea of a Royal motto is fantastic, esp. the one you have chosen. I knew there was a reason I loved AT so much. We do need more kindness, understanding and tolerance in the world. From my limited knowledge of Latin ( and it IS limited), Hic Caritas Regit, could be translated as Esteem/Affection reigns here.....but I may be wrong (probably am). In any case, I like it very much. I think kindness=comitas and tolerance= tolerantia, but I am having trouble remembering my gramar, and a Latin scholar I NEVER was.

                I'll ask my hubby if he can help. He knows more Latin than I do. In the meantime, I know some of you out there took Latin!

                My final response to what I think, I vote Yes on the official motto AND on the flag. I guess our official photographer and all around multi-talented Graphics designer has a new project.
                Your experience and Lida's and many of our posters at this thread show all the more reason to honor Amanda with her own philosophy and I hope that most Samandans will like what I've proposed. Thanks for the Latin input ... yes, I believe comitas is the word I was searching for, but my Latin dictionary didn't supply all nouns and I just couldn't put my hands on it.

                Hence,

                Hic Comitas Regit may be the more appropriate translation of "Here Kindness Reigns"

                Oh yea, what say fellow Samandans? We'll then appropriate Kat's and Uber's talents to apply this to an official Samandan flag (which last seen had the important color of orange as its backdrop).

                Since this is the weekend for North Americans to be waving their flags ... can we create the Samandan Motto/Flag by Fourth of July, o astute and talented Kat and Uber?!

                Please accept my apologies if the flag is already done and actually a part of the Samandan Scrapbook which Astrog has already sent to the bindery. I was out of the loop in the Berkshires for over a week and haven't had time to check out the PDF file completely. Also, Uber and Kat ... did the group photo ever come to light?

                Jester

                Comment


                  Hic Comitas Regit

                  I love it! You get my vote!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Atteria
                    A message from your Royal Baker/Chef: As I am already late for a weekend celebration/concert, I am presenting your July 4th feast today. As always, the food is guaranteed not to go to your hips, or any other place you deem unacceptable. Enjoy the weekend and for those in the States, enjoy the holiday! Let the feasting begin!

                    ***********************************************








                    *********************************************

                    Enjoy!!!!!!
                    A Samandan Feast fit for the loyal royal citizens of Samanda! Great job (see you got the bratwurst in!) and you may have to bake one more Samanda cake when you return from your outing ... once we have a photo of the "official Samanda flag and motto"!

                    Happy Holiday Weekend to all!

                    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...eFireworks.jpg

                    Last edited by ChopinGal; 02 July 2005, 09:45 AM.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Your experience and Lida's and many of our posters at this thread show all the more reason to honor Amanda with her own philosophy and I hope that most Samandans will like what I've proposed. Thanks for the Latin input ... yes, I believe comitas is the word I was searching for, but my Latin dictionary didn't supply all nouns and I just couldn't put my hands on it.

                      Hence,

                      Hic Comitas Regit may be the more appropriate translation of "Here Kindness Reigns"

                      Oh yea, what say fellow Samandans? We'll then appropriate Kat's and Uber's talents to apply this to an official Samandan flag (which last seen had the important color of orange as its backdrop).

                      Since this is the weekend for North Americans to be waving their flags ... can we create the Samandan Motto/Flag by Fourth of July, o astute and talented Kat and Uber?!

                      Please accept my apologies if the flag is already done and actually a part of the Samandan Scrapbook which Astrog has already sent to the bindery. I was out of the loop in the Berkshires for over a week and haven't had time to check out the PDF file completely. Also, Uber and Kat ... did the group photo ever come to light?

                      Jester
                      I think your motto is outstanding, ChopinGal! It encompasses the kingdom's atmosphere and the queen's sentiments. A really big *yes* vote from this corner.
                      Last edited by SamFan31; 03 July 2005, 09:59 AM.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        ... These forums are supposed to be recreational.....giving us an opportunity to chat with others who share our interests. I decided that for me, it wasn't worth it to go places where my views weren't welcome. I don't want to deal with unpleasant people during my recreational time.

                        ... this thread ... free to express ourselves without the fear that someone will be nasty

                        It's like Teal'c said, "O'Neill, ours is the only timeline of consequence ."
                        Well said, sg-1fanintn!
                        Originally posted by Myrth
                        Late to the party... again.. how stunning is Amanda looking in the new cast shots!

                        As a friend of mine pointed out in the Amanda lovin thread on the Mariska Hargitay forum (for some reason there always is one)....
                        Looks like Amanda Tapping is one of those people who can get up at 4 am and work for 16 hours a day for 8 years, have a baby, be back to said 16 hour days a month later and STILL look better than amazing...
                        Loved that, thought I'd share...
                        Thanks for posting that here for us to share Myrth!
                        Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        Exactly the point ... we seem to have found a way to all co-exist and respect the diversity of opinions in Samanda and humor helps to move us along when we begin to take ourselves a bit too seriously.

                        I have just tried, unsuccessfully, to translate the following thought into Latin (always more regal and official) as a possible suggestion for the Samandan Motto (which I don't think we ever finalized). As Lida mentioned the rudeness elsewhere, I thought of what AT wished for her new daughter when asked at the Leo Awards interview - Amanda wished that there be "more kindness in the world".

                        So, my dear Samandans, what about something like "Hic caritas regit" which means "Caring/Kindness reigns (or rules) here" as our kingdom's royal motto?!

                        It's the best I could do as it's been years since I've read Latin ... if any of you can do a better translation around the idea of "let kindness rule here" or some such Amanda thought, please help out!
                        Let Kindness Rule! Wonderfully put.
                        Originally posted by Atteria
                        A message from your Royal Baker/Chef: As I am already late for a weekend celebration/concert, I am presenting your July 4th feast today. As always, the food is guaranteed not to go to your hips, or any other place you deem unacceptable. Enjoy the weekend and for those in the States, enjoy the holiday! Let the feasting begin!

                        ***********************************************








                        *********************************************

                        Enjoy!!!!!!
                        What a wonderful spread! Thanks Atteria!
                        Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        Hic Comitas Regit may be the more appropriate translation of "Here Kindness Reigns"
                        I vote Yea!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by majorsal
                          great pic, forever! why would your hubby think you're craz(ier), though?


                          sally
                          My hubby thinks all my Stargate interest is a bit crazy, but he doesn't mind. He's actually quite supportive of it all. In fact, he's spent the past few days transferring all my season 8 episodes from our tivo to dvd's so I can make screen caps, ect. I've even got him eager to go to Gabit if/when it's rescheduled. He's already said he'll drop me off at the party and he'll go sightseeing until I'm done. I have to admit, he's definitely a keeper.

                          Comment


                            what a sweet guy!!!!

                            you're very lucky
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?


                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              Exactly the point ... we seem to have found a way to all co-exist and respect the diversity of opinions in Samanda and humor helps to move us along when we begin to take ourselves a bit too seriously. From what I've seen elsewhere, we seem to be the exception rather than the rule, and that is unfortunate. (Don't get me started on a treatise on the downfall of civility in public life!)

                              In the meantime, we wish you well, Lida, and hope you decide to keep posting here in Samanda.

                              I have just tried, unsuccessfully, to translate the following thought into Latin (always more regal and official) as a possible suggestion for the Samandan Motto (which I don't think we ever finalized). As Lida mentioned the rudeness elsewhere, I thought of what AT wished for her new daughter when asked at the Leo Awards interview - Amanda wished that there be "more kindness in the world".

                              So, my dear Samandans, what about something like "Hic caritas regit" which means "Caring/Kindness reigns (or rules) here" as our kingdom's royal motto?!

                              It's the best I could do as it's been years since I've read Latin ... if any of you can do a better translation around the idea of "let kindness rule here" or some such Amanda thought, please help out!

                              And, while on the subject of Samandan protocol and inventions ... how is the official Samandan Flag turning out? Royal Photographer and Graphics Designer, what say you? Do we have the new image in place? The Latin phrase above would kinda look nice imposed upon the new flag.

                              What do my fellow Samandans think?
                              Oh I like both ideas: the motto and flag. However, seeing as there are so many people who are graphically talented, perhaps we can have sort of a contest. Anyone who wishes to design a flag can do so and we'll put it up for a vote by all Samandans. Even if you aren't talented with Photoshop, you can still participate. Post your ideas of what you think the flag should look like and if possible, I or someone else who is willing, can make up the flag per your description and post it on the thread.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                My hubby thinks all my Stargate interest is a bit crazy, but he doesn't mind. He's actually quite supportive of it all. In fact, he's spent the past few days transferring all my season 8 episodes from our tivo to dvd's so I can make screen caps, ect. I've even got him eager to go to Gabit if/when it's rescheduled. He's already said he'll drop me off at the party and he'll go sightseeing until I'm done. I have to admit, he's definitely a keeper.
                                LOL Yippee ... another Samandan who may take the plunge and fly to London for GABIT! I just heard from one of the GABIT organizers who says that they are busy "behind the scenes" corresponding with AT and deciding on exactly when her schedule will allow for the event to be rescheduled (for the third, and I certainly hope, the last time)! Will keep you all posted if I hear anything specific.

                                Perhaps Coley and 1speed4Sam can use their mountain bikes and cycle in to London for the event too! (Hint, hint!)

                                Tara and her hubby are coming; my daughter and I should be still registered. And, depending on the target date, we will either be able to recommit and maybe Sky and Sue C., her fanfic friend, will be able to come too.

                                We can book a table for Samanda if all goes well!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X