X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Off to the con, yep, the Chicago con where Amanda is going to be. I'll be sure and tell you guys any good spoilers i get my hands on
      Did we know you were going (and i just forgot)?

Have a great time! Be sure to report back on AT's talk.

Is redroch going too? Anyone else?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Happy birthday Dipsofjazz!!!

Have fun at the con Sky!!
        sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Dipsofjazz!!

Did everyone see this?

http://www.dignews.com/news/sanctuary-coming-home

The DVD for Season 1 of Sanctuary sounds great. Can't wait.

Thanks to parsifal for the heads up.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Have fun everyone going to the con!

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            Happy birthday Dipsofjazz!!!
            Boring Lies' cos it's so pretty! Have a great day and I hope there are cards, presents, cake and fun for your birthday

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Did everyone see this?

Oooh thanks! to Parsifal and you for linkage.
            sigpic
            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

here's hoping they allow sam to not be blonde
              Yeah, I'm kind of looking forward to a slightly less blond hair color for Sam myself. AT did say her hair would be a bit darker, right, but still blond?
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                Yeah, I'm kind of looking forward to a slightly less blond hair color for Sam myself. AT did say her hair would be a bit darker, right, but still blond?
                I think Amanda said she was planning on just letting her dark hair go lighter. But I guess it would depend if tptb approve of that, or that they insist on a wig if they think it's too dark.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                    ^ arr ok, so as long as you can keep it off your collar during the inbetween its ok... that makes more sense...

yeah, it got a bit short there in s4 i wonder if at times she was disappointed having to cut it especially if she had just gotten it to a length she was happy with...
                    But it was so cute short. I really liked it in Beneath the Surface.
                    She could even wear the super short do in S6 and look great.

Off to the con, yep, the Chicago con where Amanda is going to be. I'll be sure and tell you guys any good spoilers i get my hands on
                    <sniff> I was so hoping to be able to go. But I hope you and everyone else who's going has a great time. Samanda love to AT.

Did everyone see this?

My DVD is all ordered. Now I wait impatiently for it to arrive.

Comment

I think Amanda said she was planning on just letting her dark hair go lighter. But I guess it would depend if tptb approve of that, or that they insist on a wig if they think it's too dark.
                      Given that last terrible wig (it reminded me of Barbie artificial hair ) I would hope they'd go for the light brown option. I don't think Sam would dye her hair. But they could do a quick explanation.

Someone could ask about it and they could explain it by saying Sam lost a bet or she had to dye it for some alien ritual or something. A bit fan fic-y, but I could cope.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        I read or rather saw/heard that interview too and I have to say that I am quite confused over that statement coz when season 5 started, Sam had the longer locks but they cut it several eps in for BtS...so I dunno...I get the feeling that the cliffhanger excuse is just that...an excuse. I'm sure that if Amanda really wanted to grow her hair longer they would have been able to accommodate it somehow. I just reckon that it was easier for Amanda to keep it shorter given what she had to do to portray Sam.
                        I did hear though that the Air Force adviser did advise that Sam's hair had to be short...that the longer style was not acceptable. So maybe it was a bit of both reasons.
                        well we probably forgot that the leader of the atlantis expedition for the longest time was a civilian and even though was the head of the SGC for a short time before so long story short didn't exactly follow military protocol in regards to her haircut either at the SGC or on atlantis so i suppose gave the atmosphere on atlantis and kind of relaxed feel and i suppose they wrote 's character into atlantis in a way that she didn't have to keep her hair short when they brought her in

Comment

Originally posted by AustrALIEN View Post
                          This may have been discussed before and probably is a boring topic ......but after watching SGA: EatG for the first time last night.......I found myself cringing at the terrible wig that AT had to wear......it got me thinking to the first time Our Sam had longer hair..........

When AoT came out....I was shocked to see Sam with longer hair......aspecially with so many episodes over the years having Sam talk about her hair being "Military"......what made her grow it now........?¿

I've always seen Sam as a "to the book" officer.....so her growing her hair....just seemed so out of character......!¡
                          the only reason for the wig in EATG was because her hair was dark for sanctuary and she couldn't get it stripped light then go back to dark without pretty much destroying her hair

here's hoping they allow sam to not be blonde
                          Sky's right, she had just finished shooting Sanctuary, and because she was to do Atlantis so soon, her hair was still too dark for Sam, thus they gave her a wig, and it was so cute . And I'm actually glad she did, because like Sky said, she could have damaged her hair if she tried dying it back to blonde.

Hopefully now that she's done Sanctuary, she can be real blonde for the movie, but it depends on the schedule the Stargate movies and the show, I'm hoping enough time will go by for her hair to go back to blonde just enough for her to pull it off, it's probably already going back to blonde now that the season is over.

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
                          Hahaha.

Um, hugs? I'm fairly sure.
                          Oh, so that's what it means, the brackets are arms .

And, I agree. When one has the brains - which she definitely does - it's the se- most attractive asset one can have. At least that's what I'm attracted to the most.

Oh, and humor. But then, I'm of the school of thought that says you can't have biting wit without intelligence, so.

And our girl has it all. <3
                          Only 3? You're selling Amanda short, she's so, so, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                          EEEKK thats the one rocky, thanks for posting the pix
                          It's a shame she never wore that dress more often .

she sure does...

and im attracted to smarts and personality first, i think who a person is is extremely important... no point if they are hot but there head is full of cobwebs i want to be able to have an intelligent convo with a person as well as the ordinary every day stuff...
                          Me too, I look for what's inside the person first, inner beauty, and Amanda's inner beauty is just as pure as her outside beauty .

i remember reading/hearing AT say in an interview that she had to have the short hair all through sg1 as the season finals always ended with a cliff hanger so her hair had to be the same length coming into the new season... and then with sga there had been that break so she was able to grow her hair without it messing up continuity and also she thought it established her as in command sga sam...
                          Well, I'm sure Amanda said she prefers it long right now, I don't see it changing anytime soon. I'm 90% sure she kept it short all those years because of the character, not because of her preferences. Wow, that Amanda, talk about dedication to her work .

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          I read or rather saw/heard that interview too and I have to say that I am quite confused over that statement coz when season 5 started, Sam had the longer locks but they cut it several eps in for BtS...so I dunno...I get the feeling that the cliffhanger excuse is just that...an excuse. I'm sure that if Amanda really wanted to grow her hair longer they would have been able to accommodate it somehow. I just reckon that it was easier for Amanda to keep it shorter given what she had to do to portray Sam.
                          I did hear though that the Air Force adviser did advise that Sam's hair had to be short...that the longer style was not acceptable. So maybe it was a bit of both reasons.
                          Most of the seasons of SG-1 ended in cliffhangers, so she's have to come back to work with her hair looking the way it did when the season ended to avoid plot holes and such.

Have a lot of fun Sky, and I'm ure if you get your hands on spoilers you'll share, but if you get your hands on Amanda, you'll give her to me .

Have fun, and take lots of pics .

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          Actually in the US Air Force the only time a woman can have her hair loose and longer than her collar is when she has permission to grow out her hair and is in the awful in between stage, not short but not long enough to pull back neatly. When you put your hair up in a bun or ponytail there must be no loose edges sticking out.

Sam's hair in later SGA eps was not regulation, not because it was long but because of the loose edges. I think if it is a ponytail then it must also be above the bottom of the back of the collar but I can't clearly remember the rules at the moment.
                          Leave it to Amanda to follow US Air Force rules and regulations . I don't remember much of her little ponytail, but it was really cute .

Happy Birthday Dipsofjazz!!

Did everyone see this?

[*]FROM THE PRESS RELEASE

*This September, E1 Entertainment proudly brings to DVD one of television’s most talked about and groundbreaking new series. Blazing an innovative trail, the hit Syfy original series Sanctuary features awe-inspiring virtual sets and visual effects as it follows Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping) on her quest to study and protect the extraordinary and legendary creatures that secretly live among us. On September 15, prepare to believe in the unbelievable as SANCTUARY: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON debuts on DVD in a deluxe, 4-disc set featuring all 13 exhilarating Season One episodes plus over two hours of bonus features for only $44.98 SRP.

*“With cutting-edge technology, Sanctuary creates a world teeming with mermaids, dinosaurs and monster mayhem”
                          *TV Guide

*Presented in 16×9 anamorphic widescreen with 5.1 Surround Sound and optional English and Spanish subtitles, SANCTUARY: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON also includes an arsenal of exclusive extras including: audio commentaries on all 13 episodes with cast and crew including Amanda Tapping, creator Damian Kindler, director Martin Wood and more; three making-of featurettes (”Welcome to the Sanctuary,” “Sanctuary Residents” and “Sanctuary Visual Effects”); the original Sanctuary webisodes (which provided the inspiration for the television series); a bloopers reel; behind-the-scenes photo gallery and an exclusive sneak peek at Season Two, which premieres on Syfy Friday, October 9 at 10/9 Central.

*Sanctuary follows the adventures of the beautiful, enigmatic and always surprising Dr. Helen Magnus, her new recruit, forensic psychiatrist Dr. Will Zimmerman and her fearless daughter Ashley. Together they track down, study and protect the strange and often terrifying creatures that secretly populate our world. Although dismissed as monstrous figments of our imaginations and the stuff of our nightmares, Magnus recognizes that the world is full of nature’s mistakes and triumphs. And she has the spectacular proof that they are indeed real. For some ‘abnormals’, Magnus is their protector. For a dangerous few, she is their captor.

*Sanctuary stars Amanda Tapping as Dr. Helen Magnus (Stargate SG-1), Robin Dunne as Dr. Will Zimmerman (Dawson’s Creek), Emilie Ullerup as Ashley (jPod), Christopher Heyerdahl as the sinister John Druitt (Stargate Atlantis) and Ryan Robbins as Henry Foss (Battlestar Galactica).

*Braving new worlds in each episode is just the start for Sanctuary. The series is also proudly credited for pioneering new techniques and technology in television production. Recently nominated for a 2009 Primetime Emmy® for Outstanding Special Visual Effects, Sanctuary is one of the only series to shoot extensively on green screen. The series was also the first in North America to shoot with the new RED camera a digital system that captures images at four times the resolution of a high definition camera, resulting in a look that is unmatched on television.

Now that is what I call a great review, especially the bolded parts, which was almost the whole review . And bonus points for calling Helen/Amanda beautiful .
                          Last edited by Rocky89; 26 August 2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Did we know you were going (and i just forgot)?

Have a great time! Be sure to report back on AT's talk.

Is redroch going too? Anyone else?
                            I'll be there.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Well given that my dark hair has lightened considerably since I had it done (the blonde is coming through!!)...I think it was 2 or 3 months ago now...I would hazard a guess to say that if Amanda doesn't dye her hair, it could very well get lighter...although maybe not blonde like it used to be...but lighter to distinguish from Helen hair to Sam hair...if that makes sense? I hope they don't resort to using a wig again I wasn't that impressed with the blonde wig.
                              But you know they have still yet to set a date for production for the next movie...I'm putting my money on 2010 to start filming.

Re: the Sanctuary dvd's...apparently, according to my order through Amazon, we're getting it on the 9th of September. Yay!!

(((Samandans)))
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i didn't advertise that we were going. my friend sue is taking her nephew to his first con and i'm going along to help out

it's a fast run, drove up today, back sunday
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X