Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    RE: Amanda pics.

That and they've taken off her two skin moles. Odd to do so...since she's never hidden either.
    she is perfect the way she is. photo shopping/air brushing should be used to correct flaws, not flaws in ppl. or, in this case, take normal ppl and make them look fake.

i wrote syfy to complain (nicely), and ask them if they could release the *untouched* photos too.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      LOL, I think AT has another fan.

From Ming-na's twitter page:

Amanda Tapping is the loveliest person! The #SGU gals had the best power lunch! I have the photo, but not the cable! UGH! Post soon!

@JGLenic No need 2 thank! Such a great time w/ the other SGU gals! LUV Amanda Tapping! Hope I get 2 do scenes w/ her one day!

For all Amanda Tapping fans, I did talk to her about twitter & tried 2 recruit her to join. So if she does, I'll take all the credit! LOL

Tweer Pressure! YEAH! Amanda Tapping, there's nowhere 2 hide! LOL RT @Syfy I'll work on Amanda when I'm in Vancouver next week.

Happy Birthday donamac, hope you have a great day!
      sally

sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONAMAC

LOL, I think AT has another fan.

hehe, AT makes fans everywhere she goes
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          ^me too, it sets off my worrying again. also in the commercials they have this new girl...
          maybe it's all a trick to set us up for Ashley's grand re-appearance.... but AT has said that Helen
          Spoiler:
          goes to a dark place (or something like that) this season. losing Ashley would do that. crosses fingers it's only temporary.

Counting down to Oct. 9
          Spoiler:
          I was thinking of the picture of "Vampire Ash" and couldn't help but think that it would be a fantastic way for Tesla to have a hold over Helen, with regard to his new race of vampires. Say Ash got killed and brought back by Tesla, there is then very good reason for Helen to help him find a way to make the vampires autonomous and free thinking. It would be dark, would encourage the morally ambiguous Helen seen in the webisodes, but the character of Ashley wouldn't be completely lost to the the audience.

Shame the chances of such a thing are so slim!
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
            Spoiler:
            I was thinking of the picture of "Vampire Ash" and couldn't help but think that it would be a fantastic way for Tesla to have a hold over Helen, with regard to his new race of vampires. Say Ash got killed and brought back by Tesla, there is then very good reason for Helen to help him find a way to make the vampires autonomous and free thinking. It would be dark, would encourage the morally ambiguous Helen seen in the webisodes, but the character of Ashley wouldn't be completely lost to the the audience.
            Are you kidding? That is an awesome theory...I love it but loathe it at the same time. No offense Tracy. But wow...
            Spoiler:
            that's an excellent way to address the death and then a way to keep Ashley in the show.

(((Samandans)))

Been a bit quiet here lately...hope all is well with everyone. I bet you're all busy watching your Sanctuary dvd's...the best excuse to not come online I say! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend. I'll be working but with all this rain we are getting and the cold days ahead...I'm am one happy chooky! And Sunday see's the return of my son...I miss him terribly.
            Better choof...night all. *hugs*
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Happy Birthday donamac!!!

Are you celebrating by getting yourself an SE ticket?
              Ah, YES!!! Now I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna pay for all the things I've signed up for next year! I'm trying to get more work--but it's not easy right now. There are too many graphic designers out here in the same situation. But next summer is gonna be FUN!!!

Enjoy fall! Winter will soon be here!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                she is perfect the way she is. photo shopping/air brushing should be used to correct flaws, not flaws in ppl. or, in this case, take normal ppl and make them look fake.

i wrote syfy to complain (nicely), and ask them if they could release the *untouched* photos too.
                I totally agree. with good lighting and a good photographer (and a little judicious "air brushing") you can get great glamorous photos without making the person look artificial.

Trying to think of things that need "fixing" in final proofs....
                Thinking hard...Well, AT has some small smile lines when she smiles, which in my book do not detract one bit from her looks. I much prefer that to people who have faces that don't move due to surgery & botox etc.

Of course Helen's not smiling in the promo shots, so I'm mystified as to what "problem" they thought they were "fixing."

I mean heck, AT looks great in candid convention snapshots by amateur photographers in areas that you can be sure don't have Hollywood glamor lighting--so why do they feel the need to photoshop the bajunior out of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONAMAC

hehe, AT makes fans everywhere she goes
                  To know her is to love her. (that applies to Donamac and AT )

I totally agree. with good lighting and a good photographer (and a little judicious "air brushing") you can get great glamorous photos without making the person look artificial.

Thinking hard...Well, AT has some small smile lines when she smiles, which in my book do not detract one bit from her looks. I much prefer that to people who have faces that don't move due to surgery & botox etc.

Of course Helen's not smiling in the promo shots, so I'm mystified as to what "problem" they thought they were "fixing."

I mean heck, AT looks great in candid convention snapshots by amateur photographers in areas that you can be sure don't have Hollywood glamor lighting--so why do they feel the need to photoshop the bajunior out of 'em.
                  No truer words have been spoken.
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

Send some Sanctuary love:
                    http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2009/09/...ng-forward-to/
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                      Spoiler:

Wow, that sounds great, fingers crossed that we get something along those lines, however remote the chances.

And a few more tweets re AT:

Ivon Bartok:
                      Fun day today... so great to see Amanda Tapping. They don't get nicer than her. Sweet as pie.
                      2:32 AM Sep 24th from web

@alainahuffman It was actually amazing... it could have been a talk show. You guys could have chatted for 5 hours.

Alaina Huffman:
                      @Saliza88 our lunch was great! It was fun to see Amanda... it should be on syfy.com soon...
                      about 18 hours ago from web in reply to Saliza88

@Ivonbartok totally! We were all chatting in my trailer for the hour before and in the make-up trailer before that hahahaha...

sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                        Happy Belated Birthday Donamac!!
                        Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        (((Samandans)))

Been a bit quiet here lately...hope all is well with everyone. I bet you're all busy watching your Sanctuary dvd's...the best excuse to not come online I say! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend. I'll be working but with all this rain we are getting and the cold days ahead...I'm am one happy chooky! And Sunday see's the return of my son...I miss him terribly.
                        Better choof...night all. *hugs*
                        I still don't have mine yet, silly Amazon.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Wow, that sounds great, fingers crossed that we get something along those lines, however remote the chances.

Ivon Bartok:
                          Fun day today... so great to see Amanda Tapping. They don't get nicer than her. Sweet as pie.
                          2:32 AM Sep 24th from web

@alainahuffman It was actually amazing... it could have been a talk show. You guys could have chatted for 5 hours.

Alaina Huffman:
                          @Saliza88 our lunch was great! It was fun to see Amanda... it should be on syfy.com soon...
                          about 18 hours ago from web in reply to Saliza88

@Ivonbartok totally! We were all chatting in my trailer for the hour before and in the make-up trailer before that hahahaha...
                          A few more

@rhodanyc @MsMingNa I believed you! LOL I will pass it on to Amanda - all good here - see you SOON!

@MsMingNa See, I was telling the truth! Hey Maureen, @rhodanyc how's it going? Tell Amanda Tapping I tweeted a big "hello & I love you!!"

@MsMingNa RT @rhodanyc HAHA, I'm covering an interview w/Amanda now and she said that you told her she should tweet - I swear Twitter should pay you!

Comment

exactly! amanda is a naturally beautiful women, and like you said she looks great in candids... she definately doesnt need airbrushing...

Originally posted by kes View Post
                            A few more

@rhodanyc @MsMingNa I believed you! LOL I will pass it on to Amanda - all good here - see you SOON!

@MsMingNa See, I was telling the truth! Hey Maureen, @rhodanyc how's it going? Tell Amanda Tapping I tweeted a big "hello & I love you!!"

@MsMingNa RT @rhodanyc HAHA, I'm covering an interview w/Amanda now and she said that you told her she should tweet - I swear Twitter should pay you!
                            thanks for the tweets its always great to read lovely comments about AT

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            Hey everyone,

Happy Belated Birthday Donamac!!

I still don't have mine yet, silly Amazon.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            silly amazon indeed, i havent got mine yet either which is weird since they shipped on the 14th, and the first lot of dvds from my buy arrived within a week
                            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DONAMAC & samcarterrules
                              sigpic
                              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

And happy belated anniversary to Amanda and Alan.

As much as I would love to see Amanda on twitter, I hope it's not something that she's coerced into. On one hand I would love it but on the other, I think the poor woman has enough on her pate. I dunno...I'm torn!

(((Samandans)))
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X