Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ProdGrl32 View Post
    Union rules state that the crew must break for lunch 6 hours after Call Time. Calling "grace" happens when they know they will go over in order to complete a scene, by doing this they avoid paying meal penalties.

I hope that helps.
    Thanks for the info, and welcome to the thread!

I was rewatching Urgo the other day (RIP Dom Deluise ), and I was wondering why Sam seemed to the one most reluctant to get rid of Urgo. I would have thought, given her experience with Jolinar, that she would have been freaked by the idea of someone else in her head reading her thoughts and influencing her actions.

That said, I loved Sam in that episode, being the first to figure out what Urgo was, arguing with him in the hallway, tricking him with the EM pulse, and then empathizing with his fears and helping to convince Togar to let him live. Definitely one of my most re-watched Stargate episodes.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

I was rewatching Urgo the other day (RIP Dom Deluise ), and I was wondering why Sam seemed to the one most reluctant to get rid of Urgo. I would have thought, given her experience with Jolinar, that she would have been freaked by the idea of someone else in her head reading her thoughts and influencing her actions.

That said, I loved Sam in that episode, being the first to figure out what Urgo was, arguing with him in the hallway, tricking him with the EM pulse, and then empathizing with his fears and helping to convince Togar to let him live. Definitely one of my most re-watched Stargate episodes.
      I think that was mostly the scientist side of her. Urgo was true AI. A program, written code with personal thoughts, feelings, desires. Given the chance I think she would have spend a lot more time studying him (how it's possible for him to exist, why does he exist...), instead of studying how to destroy him.

I love that scene in the hallway. Especially in the later part, when the camera focuses on Hammond and Janet, you can still see Sam in background yelling at the air. And I still wanna know what Urgo said about Janet.
      Last edited by jasminaGo; 15 May 2009, 01:33 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
        I think that was mostly the scientist side of her. Urgo was true AI. A program, written code with personal thoughts, feelings, desires. Given the chance I think she would have spend a lot more time studying him (how it's possible for him to exist, why does he exist...), instead of studying how to destroy him.

I love that scene in the hallway. Especially in the later part, when he camera focuses on Hammond and Janet, you can still see Sam in background yelling at the air. And I still wanna know what Urgo said about Janet.
        I love that whole scene, but would add how bewildered that poor airman who was following Sam around must have been. When we see Sam in the background yelling at the air, after she passes by Janet and Hammond, the airman is standing there looking at her as though she's yelling at him. I also got quite a chuckle out of the airman in the doorway in the infirmary when Teal'c turned on the defibrillator, and the other three were telling Janet what Urgo looked like and what was being said. That airman must have had a horrible time keeping a straight face during that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I love that whole scene, but would add how bewildered that poor airman who was following Sam around must have been. When we see Sam in the background yelling at the air, after she passes by Janet and Hammond, the airman is standing there looking at her as though she's yelling at him. I also got quite a chuckle out of the airman in the doorway in the infirmary when Teal'c turned on the defibrillator, and the other three were telling Janet what Urgo looked like and what was being said. That airman must have had a horrible time keeping a straight face during that scene.
          Also my favourite part. I always watch him. If you look at Amanda in that scene, she has her eyes so wide open - something she does when she's trying desperately not to laugh. I've noticed it in other episodes - particularly when Rick is 'playing' with the dialogue.

Mumsey
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Row row row your boat, gently down the stream...

Sorry I won't sing any further, I saw pie! And according to O'Neill, there's talk of cake

I like that episode because (story-season wise), there was finaly some R&R time for the team on that moment. I mean, when your fighting the Goa'uld today and tomorrow go to a village where they see Teal'c as a "Demon", having a chat with some "imaginary friend" (who happens to be just the same for your other 3 teammembers) a lil' day off (or a week, depending how long Urgo was in their heads) will definatly be welcome after all that action.

I also see window of oppotunity as a R&R episode.
            It really cracked me up when I saw Jack on a bike. And when Teal'c got a door against his face for the ....th time... (poor airman)
            But how annoying it must be, when, your best friend asked you a question, and you weren't listening to him in the first time !

I hope that they put some funny stuff in the new movie.

Of the Ark of Truth I don't remember anything funny, but from Stargate continium, Sam picking up a pack of fruit loops, reminded me of a (in my reality ) grey but very clever, funny colonel, who likes Sam a lot more than he's supposed to.

Oh BTW... "what is an Oprah"

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
              I don't really remember any new information. It was pretty much all questions that I had heard at previous conventions. I am also horrible at remembering details about Q&A and I never take notes (too busy taking pictures). I did ask about which of the Beatles Helen knew and she said John. I was hoping it would be Ringo - he never gets any love.
              Your memory is as bad as mine. Good thing we have SJSL to write reports.

Initially Sam's reaction to the whole Jolinar thing was negative but later (in Tok'ra?) she says that if she had understood it then it may have been a positive experience (can't remember her exact words). Maybe she viewed this experience with Urgo in that light. Not assuming it was a bad thing but willing to see the positive side.

I also love Sam in this episode. Lots of fun moments.

I love that scene in the hallway. Especially in the later part, when the camera focuses on Hammond and Janet, you can still see Sam in background yelling at the air. And I still wanna know what Urgo said about Janet.
              Good point.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              Also my favourite part. I always watch him. If you look at Amanda in that scene, she has her eyes so wide open - something she does when she's trying desperately not to laugh. I've noticed it in other episodes - particularly when Rick is 'playing' with the dialogue.

Mumsey

All great moments. I love it when AT is trying not to crack up because of RDA. One of the things I always liked about Sam was that her reaction to Jack's humour, a smile or a laugh, was always similar to my own.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Something *extraordinarily* cheeky, I'm sure

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                  I did ask about which of the Beatles Helen knew and she said John. I was hoping it would be Ringo - he never gets any love.
                  i would have liked it to be paul, just because i think he's the cutest.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    i would have liked it to be paul, just because i think he's the cutest.
                    Speaking of that episode, the Gershwin thing gets me every time. In my head, though, Gershwin may have let her listen to it, but it was Ross Gorman,the virtuoso clarinetist, with whom she had thetryst. The things that man could do with his fingers and tongue... have you heard that opening glissando (though Gorman admittedly played it as a straight run with a slide at the very end).
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      As we met.
                      Point goes to Eh-T! This time.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        Initially Sam's reaction to the whole Jolinar thing was negative but later (in Tok'ra?) she says that if she had understood it then it may have been a positive experience (can't remember her exact words). Maybe she viewed this experience with Urgo in that light. Not assuming it was a bad thing but willing to see the positive side.
                        Very good points! She has had time to get a different perspective on the Jolinar thing, and I agree she would be fascinated by the technology Urgo represents and would want to study him further. She even starts to ask if they could share information at the end after Urgo is removed, but then Togar sends them home.

All great moments. I love it when AT is trying not to crack up because of RDA. One of the things I always liked about Sam was that her reaction to Jack's humour, a smile or a laugh, was always similar to my own.
                        I think my favorite moment is when Jack does the Dr. Evil impression in Demons (I think?) and you see AT cracking up in the background.

sigpic

Comment

I agree with you Jasmina. On all accounts.
                          And I can only imagine what Urgoi said about Janet...and I'm sure that Amanda and Teryl would have come up with a few doozies themselves.
                          BTW, both Amanda and Teryl were in my dream this morning. I'm getting concerned that I dream to much! Seriously...I don't mind the odd dream here and there but 2 in one week...oh boy!
                          Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey
                          I've also noticed that she sucks her cheeks in when she tries to suppress a smile...it's gotta be hard working with those fella's. And it's hard when you get told to ot smile coz the first thing you want to do is smile. Like in yoga class the other night, I got a case of the giggles when I should have been deep breathing and relaxing...it's hard to not laugh when all you want to do is laugh!!
                          Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                          Speaking of that episode, the Gershwin thing gets me every time. In my head, though, Gershwin may have let her listen to it, but it was Ross Gorman,the virtuoso clarinetist, with whom she had thetryst. The things that man could do with his fingers and tongue... have you heard that opening glissando (though Gorman admittedly played it as a straight run with a slide at the very end).
                          ...OMG!!! I hope I didn't read that wrong...but going by the stitches in my side I think I might have!!
                          You know I used to hold the notion that Helen was quite reserved and dignified...now I'm thinking that woman is just so cool and everything I want to be...and she's done things I want to do...and she's more liberated than I thought. But she really doesn't show that side much at all...I hope we get some of that in season 2!!
                          I think my favorite moment is when Jack does the Dr. Evil impression in Demons (I think?) and you see AT cracking up in the background.
                          Oh I have got to see that now!! Thanks for the heads up!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
                            SALLY!!

(majorsal)

"Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Sanctuary / Stargate - Movehole: Amanda Tapping Interview:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....68&postcount=1

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X