Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atlantis-abydos View Post
    Hey everyone, thought maybe someone here might know... I was looking everywhere for the name of the actor who plays Sam's brother, Mark. He wasn't credited and thus far nobody knows. Thought I might try my luck here, can't hurt to ask, right?
    So does anyone know who plays Mark Carter?
    Me and my best friend both think we've seen him somewhere else but for the life of us we don't know where, and it's just something that'll nag us til we found the answer.
    Thanks for your time!
    The man who played Sam's brother in "Seth" looks very much like the same actor that played Sheriff Wade Stokes in SG1, S10, "Uninvited", and that actor's name is John Murphy. If it isn't the same actor, they sure look alike.
    Last edited by hedwig; 06 May 2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis-abydos View Post
      Hey everyone, thought maybe someone here might know... I was looking everywhere for the name of the actor who plays Sam's brother, Mark. He wasn't credited and thus far nobody knows. Thought I might try my luck here, can't hurt to ask, right?
      So does anyone know who plays Mark Carter?
      Me and my best friend both think we've seen him somewhere else but for the life of us we don't know where, and it's just something that'll nag us til we found the answer.
      Thanks for your time!
      Sorry, don't know offhand.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      The man who played Sam's brother in "Seth" looks very much like the same actor that played Sheriff Wade Stokes in SG1, S9, "Uninvited", and that actor's name is John Murphy. If it isn't the same actor, they sure look alike.
      Really? I usually recognise when the use an actor again but I missed that one. Good catch.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        This is from the website for the voting:

The nominees have selected one of these YWCA program areas and explained why she chose it:

•Early learning and care for children
        •Reducing child poverty
        •Safe and affordable housing
        •Healthy choices for youth
        •Preventing violence against women
        Note: there are several nominees who chose the same program areas.

Click here to see the nominees’ photos, bios and quotes
        The nominee with the most votes will receive the Connecting the Community award. The recipient will be announced at the Awards event on June 1 and Scotiabank will designate $10,000 to the YWCA program area that she chose.
        You go girl!!!! remind me to never be on the opposite side of you in a court case!
        sigpic

Comment

Ah, Amanda has such a caring soul. I shall vote for her! If I can...

Comment

Just a quick question...isn't YWCA an organization S4K is affiliated with as far as being an organization that they have donated to? Just asking...not starting a war or anything.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I think YWCA was one of the organization S4K was giving to...but I don't think this is going through S4K.
              sigpic

Comment

^Thanks Jan. Thought I heard of YWCA through S4K...maybe Amanda will donate on their behalf. Either way, it's a good cause.
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

exactly. no matter which group it is, they all do good, and that's what counts
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi guys! Just wanted you all to know I’ve started a project to make a photo mosaic poster that is to be sold at the AT5 charity auction in February. And all the thousands and thousands of mosaic tiles will be made out of photos of Amanda Tapping! Sounds pretty neat, huh?

So if you have photos you’ve taken of the lady herself or if you have the slightest of Photoshop know how, you can help. Any contribution however small will be much appreciated. If you want to know a little more you can read my post over at the GABIT thread or if you want to know a lot more you can read the participation specifications here.

Thank you for your time.

xo
                    Sanna

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      Just a quick question...isn't YWCA an organization S4K is affiliated with as far as being an organization that they have donated to? Just asking...not starting a war or anything.
                      Why would it start a war?

The only charities listed on the S4K website to which they have donated so far are the Nepal Orphans Home, Watari and Save the Children.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Thank you, that really was a good catch, they sure do look a lot alike, wouldn't surprise me if John Murphy played both the Sheriff and Mark Carter. Brilliant!
                        sigpic
                        The Tok'ra * Rodney McKay * Whump * Ba'al * // "Electric Sperm!" - Jason Momoa [25.10.09]

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
                          Hi guys! Just wanted you all to know I’ve started a project to make a photo mosaic poster that is to be sold at the AT5 charity auction in February. And all the thousands and thousands of mosaic tiles will be made out of photos of Amanda Tapping! Sounds pretty neat, huh?

So if you have photos you’ve taken of the lady herself or if you have the slightest of Photoshop know how, you can help. Any contribution however small will be much appreciated. If you want to know a little more you can read my post over at the GABIT thread or if you want to know a lot more you can read the participation specifications here.

Thank you for your time.

xo
                          Sanna
                          that is a cool idea sanna! good luck putting it all together
                          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

@amandatapping We lost the incredible Babz Chula today. Indelible mark on the arts and on our hearts. F$&k cancer. Seriously. Shine on brilliant star. Xo
                            4 minutes ago via Echofon

Oh wow.

But I knew Babz Chula's work. That's such a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post

Thank you for your time.

xo
                              Sanna
                              this sounds like a great idea i hope plenty of people send you picsi will try to send you a picture in the next few days.
                              sigpic
                              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Ok so it's been a bit slow around here so how about some more voting for Amanda! This one is totally for fun, Amanda was in 1st place but has since slipped to 2nd and is fallling further behind

You don't need to have a twitter account to vote...just be human
                                so let's have some fun and get Amanda back in 1st place

http://tweeter.faxo.com/Actress_of_the_Month/2010/04
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X