Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    yes there are several times early on where you see that she's amused by Jack. Though there are times when even such a big Jackfan as me is with Daniel in Crystal Skull "Jack, don't be an ass." Sam is often amused but sometimes merely tolerant of him, I think.

speaking of fanon: We get a lot of Jack hanging around Sam's lab in fanfic and Sam telling him not to touch things. How much is that is really in episodes?
    I remember that . I liked how in Menace Jack was looking through a magnifying class or something, and he was making weird faces just as Daniel was talking about Reese being like a little child . And then they all looked at him like he was a psycho .

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    You'll do great!!

See told ya you'd do great! Well done!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
    Thanks, but the most I was worried about was seeing... *sigh* Mrs. Richardson again .

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      Speaking of Children of the Gods. I had to laugh when I saw this: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/03/25...or-matt-mason/

Think Sam will be going to the movie?
      I agree with Julia, I could see her going to see that movie with Jack, after all that's the first thing Jack and the rest of us learned about her .

Comment

Happy Birthday Scifigirl!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        i think sam likes a new toy just like anyone.

and, even if she ended up doing her best on the rifle range, i can see her at least thinking about what to do and internally debating to miss or not to miss
        I can definitely seeing her doing that, whether in a shooting competition or in her other interactions with Jack in early season 1, overthinking/analyzing things while perhaps trying to appear calm and collected.

On another topic, a question occurred to me during a discussion in another thread: do you think, if given the choice, Sam would choose to ascend when she dies?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

On another topic, a question occurred to me during a discussion in another thread: do you think, if given the choice, Sam would choose to ascend when she dies?
          oh, good question...

i think she would, because she has such a hunger for knowing...

btw, sam will never die.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            oh, good question...

i think she would, because she has such a hunger for knowing...
            That's true, she'd probably see it as a way to find out more about the galaxy and how things are .

btw, sam will never die.
            While some "Sams" have died , at least our Sam hasn't . Well, she has, but she always comes back . Btw, if she died, and ascended, she could always retake human form again .

Comment

Major Matt Mason. Too Cool! Of course, Sam would watch the movie and would probably take the rest of the team with her.

As for for trying to beat Jack or sandbagging it? I wouldn't see Sam sandbagging anything she ever did. I think she would be more afraid of what Jack would do if he found out she sandbagged than if she up-front beat him. IMO, Jack would be ruthless if he found out somebody in his command deliberately failed at something to make him feel better. Sam would know this.

I would hope Sam would ascend. Isn't she an angel? (from Enigma?)

Comment

do you think sam could handle just watching?

when you ascend you can't 'help'. you gotta just watch. can sam do that? just watch
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I know the lot of you have all seen the 2 videos of Amanda in Dancing Trees.

I'm not sure you guys have also seen the trailer. Here it is with a few more Amanda scenes. (just scroll down until you find Dancing Trees)

I can't believe I missed the movie TWICE. Even my cousin saw it. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                    Major Matt Mason. Too Cool! Of course, Sam would watch the movie and would probably take the rest of the team with her.

As for for trying to beat Jack or sandbagging it? I wouldn't see Sam sandbagging anything she ever did. I think she would be more afraid of what Jack would do if he found out she sandbagged than if she up-front beat him. IMO, Jack would be ruthless if he found out somebody in his command deliberately failed at something to make him feel better. Sam would know this.
                    I agree, Sam would never deliberately fail or sandbag anything. She's way to loyal and subordinate to Jack, and the SGC to do that. Like we've seen in plenty of episodes, "Chain Reaction" for example, even she doesn't like or agree with her superiors decision, she'll still follow orders. But she's no pushover, she'll stat her argument and why it shouldn't be done, but if no one listens, she'll do her best to make sure the "bad plan" works.

I would hope Sam would ascend. Isn't she an angel? (from Enigma?)
                    Not just from Enigma, I can't remember the episodes, but they're between S1-S10.

And what about Amanda?

when you ascend you can't 'help'. you gotta just watch. can sam do that? just watch
                    She wouldn't be able to physically help, but she could do what Daniel did for Jack and Teal'c in S6, she could help her friends through indirect ways. Like giving them hints and clues on how to handle a situation, or maybe sneak into their dreams (I wouldn't mind Sam being in my dream ). But in the long run, I think it would bother seeing her friends in trouble and not being able to help them much more.

Comment

I don't know. Really good question. She might end up doing what Daniel did, revolving through for a while then coming back. Or she'll find some 'doohickeys' in Ascended-land and changing things that way.

Comment

Thank you Lizlove for the link to the trailer. I was wondering...does anyone know if the movie is available on dvd??
                        Like you Rocky, I think that hospital scene was sad.
                        I should get to bed...I have to be up in 4 hours for the kids...at least I get to go back to bed after I drop them off for school!! Gotta love your days off!!
                        So...what would Sam do if she had a day off??? And she had to take it off base.
                        Id like to think that Sam does have other interests other than the SGC.

Night all, take care and stay safe. (((Samandans)))
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          Thank you Lizlove for the link to the trailer. I was wondering...does anyone know if the movie is available on dvd??
                          Like you Rocky, I think that hospital scene was sad.
                          I should get to bed...I have to be up in 4 hours for the kids...at least I get to go back to bed after I drop them off for school!! Gotta love your days off!!
                          So...what would Sam do if she had a day off??? And she had to take it off base.
                          Id like to think that Sam does have other interests other than the SGC.

Night all, take care and stay safe. (((Samandans)))
                          You're welcome. I've actually had the link for 1 month
                          It's a TV movie so I doubt it will come out on DVD...

Comment

Hello, thank you all that welcomed me, EvenstarSRV, samcarterrules, EH-T, Rocky89, and more (I only looked at two pages)!

I dont know what else to say about Sam/Amanda other than she is GREAT and I will be looking foword to seeing her at the con if she dosn't pull out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Corlonel Squee View Post
                              Hello, thank you all that welcomed me, EvenstarSRV, samcarterrules, EH-T, Rocky89, and more (I only looked at two pages)!

I dont know what else to say about Sam/Amanda other than she is GREAT and I will be looking foword to seeing her at the con if she dosn't pull out.
                              Which con are you going to? The one in Vancouver next week?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

btw, sam will never die.
                                Pats Sally reassuringly. (I agree, though. Not only will SG1 live for ever, but lives! )

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                                Good point.

Comment

Working...
                                X