• Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the best and have fun!
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
      Hi Everyone. Suse had surgery earlier today on her wrist for carpal tunnel disease. She asked me to make a post here to let you know that surgery went well, and she's doing fine. When talking to her, I can tell she's on pain meds, but she sounds cheerful and not in too much pain. She doesn't have internet access, so she can't contact anyone directly for a bit yet.
      Thanks for passing on the message sft speedy recovery Suse!

And to the girls who are off to Vancouver today (to many of you to mention ) you all have a great time! Safe travels! And say hi to Amanda from all of us.

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
        Best wishes for Suse! I wish you a speedy recovery.

That's so nice to read!

Well, I'm off to Vancouver in a couple of hours. I will try to post from the Hilton about our experiences there (lol, well, maybe not about all our experiences, but the Amanda related ones)
        Have fun! And good luck with the flight schedule! *I* still get a headache thinking about when you set it up ((hugs))

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          Hi Everyone. Suse had surgery earlier today on her wrist for carpal tunnel disease. She asked me to make a post here to let you know that surgery went well, and she's doing fine. When talking to her, I can tell she's on pain meds, but she sounds cheerful and not in too much pain. She doesn't have internet access, so she can't contact anyone directly for a bit yet.
          Tell Suse we're thinking about her and looking forward to her getting back with us.

Best wishes for Suse! I wish you a speedy recovery.

That's so nice to read!

Well, I'm off to Vancouver in a couple of hours. I will try to post from the Hilton about our experiences there (lol, well, maybe not about all our experiences, but the Amanda related ones)
          Be safe and have a wonderful time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove View Post
            Dancing Trees aka Nicole et Martha in French.

Belgium: la deux/RTBF 2
            France: TF1

I hate French dubbing. Most of the time I'm watching the dutch channels, they air tv shows in English with subtitles =)
            When I watch a non-English language film, I always prefer the subtitles to dubbed versions. I like to hear the actors' voices even if I don't understand them.
            The fact that it's airing somewhere, gives me hope that it will come to a channel I get eventually.

Oh, and Pengyn---"Dancing Trees"

Comment

Ambassador: this would be easier if she'd just log on.
              Sam: You DO realize she just had wrist surgery, Ambassador. Radio contact is better anyway.
              Ambassador: But you lost the signal!
              Sam: Well, she sounded a bit loopy when I got her before. She may have lost the frequency. This would go faster if you stopped pestering me. Sir.
              Ambassador: Fine, but she is important to our mission.
              Sam: Just be patient, sir. I'll get suse back.

Get well soon, suse!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5307/samtunelf7.jpg

Ambassador: this would be easier if she'd just log on.
                Sam: You DO realize she just had wrist surgery, Ambassador. Radio contact is better anyway.
                Ambassador: But you lost the signal!
                Sam: Well, she sounded a bit loopy when I got her before. She may have lost the frequency. This would go faster if you stopped pestering me. Sir.
                Ambassador: Fine, but she is important to our mission.
                Sam: Just be patient, sir. I'll get suse back.

Get well soon, suse!
                LOL, good one!

Best wishes to suse as well for a speedy recovery, and to all those going to Vancouver this weekend. Have fun!

sigpic

Comment

Here's a topic:

Leaving ship aside, what is the one thing about Sam that you would change? What is the one thing she does that you personally consider to be 'wrong' or a flaw in her character?

For me, especially in early Sam, her tunnel vision. when she's convinced that she's right, she's right and she'll fight for it. For example in Entity when she just had to talk to the computer, or in matter of time, when she got her tunnel vision about studying the black hole and didn't see the other side of the story - the team that was doomed to die

So, even if it's something that Sam did wrong to facilitate the plot, when has Sam been wrong? when has she messed up? When has she been human?
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The Hilton?? (faints) Great choice !

Ya know if your boss is controlled by his boss, who controlls him? Just to ask eh since you look after Amanda on tour, I hope she'll look after you.

Have lots of fun ya'll

Have lots of pics taken (if allowed)

And Lies and other lucky Samadans

Have a save trip

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      Here's a topic:

Leaving ship aside, what is the one thing about Sam that you would change? What is the one thing she does that you personally consider to be 'wrong' or a flaw in her character?

For me, especially in early Sam, her tunnel vision. when she's convinced that she's right, she's right and she'll fight for it. For example in Entity when she just had to talk to the computer, or in matter of time, when she got her tunnel vision about studying the black hole and didn't see the other side of the story - the team that was doomed to die

So, even if it's something that Sam did wrong to facilitate the plot, when has Sam been wrong? when has she messed up? When has she been human?
                      You know, Sky, I was thinking the same thing. The tunnel vision that you mentioned and the occasional leaning towards the sanctimonious and preachy. It's not intentional and it really is to facilitate the plot exposition, but sometimes I end up rolling my eyes and going, "Really, shut up. They don't need to know" or "Seriously, no woman can know all that."

I felt that, at least for a couple of seasons, she became "SuperSam" and could do no wrong. That annoyed me. Because I like my humans fallible. For me, Sam at her best was in Unending when there was nothing she could do.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

tenacious.

she gets very tenacious. often good, sometimes not so good

sigpic

Comment

Here's a topic:

well, the only thing i've ever thought 'sam, why!?' was ship related, but with pete. it was when she didn't get upset at him doing his background check/following her in 'chimera'.

out of that, i can't really think of anything else.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

well, you can see her and pete as part of her tunnel vision

my interpretation of events was

after Grace, she was bound and determined that she'd give a relationship a try. so when Mark set her up, she not only agreed - something i don't think she'd done before - but i also think she ignored/denied any warning signs with the attitude of 'by golly, i WILL make this work'

I think her stubborness led her to ignore her personal inclinations

sigpic

Comment

Here's a topic:

I agree about the tunnel vision, she has a tendency to get locked onto an idea and starts to sort of ignore warning flags against it. I like that it's often her teammates that get her to back off an idea or shift gears, like Jack in Matter of Time, or her hallucination of Daniel in Grace getting her to talk to the girl.

Gemini is the first that comes to mind of when Sam was wrong. I think she got it into her head that she could handle dealing with her Replicator double, perhaps in part because she wanted to prove to herself that she'd gotten over Fifth's torturing her. But she couldn't, her judgment was too affected by the circumstances that led her to sympathize with the replicator far more than she probably should have.

sigpic

Comment

Here's a topic:

1) Accepting Pete's proposal; the Pete story arc made sense up to that point, Sam wanting to have some fun outside work, but accepting a proposal from someone she doesn't love and how she accepted in the middle of an op with a kiss and Pete's hand on her butt
                                2) Accepting Cam's leadership and her losing of command of SG-1 with such ease - I would have loved to see some conflict between them especially when Cam was too over the top
                                3) Get rid of Sam/Teal'c hints in "Unending"
                                4) I would have loved more mentions of Cassie or Sam/Cassie interaction especially post "Heroes"
                                5) Sam and Vala sharing their experience as hosts and maybe showing them practice to improve their use of Goaul'd devices

Comment

Working...
                                X