No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost regret making this post, having just seen Neep's thing above. I was painting her in this as sane and responsible and the reason the whole Sanctuary Fiction Awards voting is going to work really, really well..... Timing, Neep... it's all about the timing!

16th March 2009 can only mean one thing. Nope, not one day to go until the special St. Paddy's Day Simpsons ep on Sky One (though that is pretty exciting too), no.... today is the opening of voting for the 2009 Sanctuary Fanfiction Awards! (Come on, I was expecting at least a woohooo!).

Right. It works like this. We have a lovely voting form, designed by the even lovelier antoa (clicky here), you fill in your name and email, choose the stories you want to vote for and hit submit. Seems pretty simple, right?

Well it is, as long as you're using a valid email address. Because then we'll respond to the voters, just to check that you're all real people. We will only tally those voters who reply. So make sure it's an email address you have access to!!

Just to explain the process... we'll keep a tally on a googledocs spreadsheet. The awards email will be accessible to all three of us (myself, Neep and Antoa) and all votes will be verified and so on, so there can be no cheating, favouritism or vote skewing. Not that we would anyway, but it's just to put the minds of our beloved tinfoil hat wearers at rest.

Voting will be open until 19th April 2009. Any votes received after this date (and we will work to midnight 19th/20th GMT) will not be tallied.

If you mess up and desperately need to change a vote, then I'd like to remind you that we are evil, souless b****es with hearts of ice (was there meant to be a "not" in there? Sorry, I missed the memo!). Seriously, send us an email at [email protected] and we will do everything we can to help you out and get you sorted. Antoa in particular is a pro at digging people out of a hole - she deals with me on a daily basis!

The nominations list can be found here on Livejournal, here on Sanctuaryfiction.net and you can follow our Author Spotlight series here

Any questions, queries, comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or comment here!

Notes for Authors
    Spoiler:

We would love you to spread the news far and wide about the Sanctuary fic awards. Feel free to make banners and shout it from the rooftops (ellymelly has a beautiful banner that was just like the one I originally wanted to make for the awards, lol). However, we would ask that you don't beg, bribe, torture or maim people into voting for you (although my opinion might be swayed if someone were to offer polyamorous Five fic - Owww! Sorry, Antoa!). Asking is considered bad etiquette as well.

Basically, "Yay for the Fic Awards! I got X nominations" or "Sigh... I don't really get a choice on my Sanctuary fic voting because I was nominated in every category and it would be stupid not to vote for myself" is acceptable, if bordering on narcissistic with the second. However "Vote for Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" and "I givez u chocolate if u votez" are bad. "I will strip naked and perform a lapdance if you vote for me" depends on the author.

Hope that makes things clearer.

I'm off to find more sugar now.
    Just to pimp these awards a little bit more, and just in case you weren't aware, there are quite a few Samandans nominated! ChopinGal, Ann, MajorSam, JenniferJF and Lilferret are some of our thread regulars who have received nominations... and I've got a couple too (thank you guys!). So by participating, you'll be supporting the Samandan family as well as reading goo fic!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Umm... yes. I'm stable and reliable- *salutes*

Did you like the wee SG1 stick figures? I'm particularly fond of the little Daniel. Actually, I can't pick a favourite.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        Umm... yes. I'm stable and reliable- *salutes*

Did you like the wee SG1 stick figures? I'm particularly fond of the little Daniel. Actually, I can't pick a favourite.
        I can't pick a favourite either. The Jack is scarily accurate for a stick figure. And I'm assuming by the hair (Yes, it's all about the hair!) that it's season four ish?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
          I can't pick a favourite either. The Jack is scarily accurate for a stick figure. And I'm assuming by the hair (Yes, it's all about the hair!) that it's season four ish?
          Indeed. Shaggy haired Sam

The note about the "SG" office hours don't refer to Stargate, sadly. Almost as good though- those are the initials of one of my lecturers. She's an Essex girl like Amanda
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Indeed. Shaggy haired Sam

The note about the "SG" office hours don't refer to Stargate, sadly. Almost as good though- those are the initials of one of my lecturers. She's an Essex girl like Amanda
            Heh. My tutor in Year 13 was S. Carter. I got a lot of milage out of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
              Heh. My tutor in Year 13 was S. Carter. I got a lot of milage out of that one.
              Did you see my post the other day about the Samantha Carter in my class?
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Did you see my post the other day about the Samantha Carter in my class?
                Yupp, I did. Just read your note on Facebook as well and was giggling. The poor girl!

Comment

Hi guys, before I start replying to things, I gotta you guys about this dream I just had.

I had a late night last night, and I went to bed thinking about meeting Amanda and y'all at a Con or AT5 . Then I fell asleep and I dreamt I was at AT5 , I met Julia, Sofie, Antoa, Jenni and Sky, and you guys were really nice . Then I met Amanda , and she didn't like me at all.

In my dream, she kept telling me to leave her alone, she kept telling me to go away, she kept walking away from me and what not . I know the real Amanda would NEVER do that, I mean, my epiphany post proves that . But now I'm even more nervous about meeting Amanda , I mean, what if I say or do something dumb and she doesn't like me? You know what I need? I need to be a bit more like you guys.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a fabulous day at Disneyland. Rode Space Mountain. Ate cake. What more can you want for a b-day?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      Hi guys, before I start replying to things, I gotta you guys about this dream I just had.

I had a late night last night, and I went to bed thinking about meeting Amanda and y'all at a Con or AT5 . Then I fell asleep and I dreamt I was at AT5 , I met Julia, Sofie, Antoa, Jenni and Sky, and you guys were really nice . Then I met Amanda , and she didn't like me at all.

In my dream, she kept telling me to leave her alone, she kept telling me to go away, she kept walking away from me and what not . I know the real Amanda would NEVER do that, I mean, my epiphany post proves that . But now I'm even more nervous about meeting Amanda , I mean, what if I say or do something dumb and she doesn't like me? You know what I need? I need to be a bit more like you guys.
                      I think you worry to much! So what if she doesn't like you? Why do feel you need her to like you? She's just like us don't put her on a pedestal...
                      P.S. Even if she doesn't like you she'll never tell you so ( she's much too classy for that )

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        I'm sure there will be questions at the Vancouver con about when the DVDs will be coming out. We'll be sure to pass on the answer. We'll also ask about commentaries for both Sanctuary and SGA. It will be interesting to see how many questions Amanda gets on Stargate v. Sanctuary.
                        I bet she gets a lot of Sanctuary questions--unless this is specifically an SG event & they discourage that...

I also wonder if Dancing Trees has been picked up anywhere.

Oh, and love your "notes," Neep. Very good SG1 & Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          I bet she gets a lot of Sanctuary questions--unless this is specifically an SG event & they discourage that...

I also wonder if Dancing Trees has been picked up anywhere.

It is a Stargate convention but I don't see how they could restrict questions.

I'll ask about Dancing Trees if I get the chance.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            It is a Stargate convention but I don't see how they could restrict questions.

I'll ask about Dancing Trees if I get the chance.
                            You should make a list! I'm way too shy to ask a question, I had thought about asking something at AT3 and just the thought made me all nervous lol (not because of Amanda, because of aaaallll the people in the room).
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              You should make a list! I'm way too shy to ask a question, I had thought about asking something at AT3 and just the thought made me all nervous lol (not because of Amanda, because of aaaallll the people in the room).
                              What? You weren't nervous of little ole us

The pea shooters didn't have anything to do with it, did it?
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                                Nice blog entry about Amanda.

http://yummymummyclub.ca/a_chance_to_cheer
                                Nice, thanks!
                                Sorry about the size and the fact the on topic part is very small... meet my "lecture notes."

Spoiler:
                                http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8022/doodlen.jpg
                                Hey Neep can I join your classes they way more fun than mine? Hehe!
                                Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

Rocky honey relax! If or when you meet Amanda she will not hate you even if you say something that YOU think is silly, Amanda will take it all in her stride, she understands that people do that when they're are nervous.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                What? You weren't nervous of little ole us

The pea shooters didn't have anything to do with it, did it?
                                Hahahaha! ah the memories! *sighs*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X