Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Wonderful as always Lies! You know, they kind of remind me of a certain someone we know.

Thanks for sharing. Any specific memories you want to share?
    Well, for a con virgin, it was just a great experience. Amanda was so genuine and so funny...such a cut-up! She wore almost no makeup the whole time...mainly just a little mascara and blush. When I had my photo made with her...and when I got my autograph...I remember thinking how great she looked.

Carmen was there too. They did one session together, and they played off each other wonderfully! I was just excited to get to meet her and tell her how much I had enjoyed her work.

Or course, as great as it was, seeing her with RDA at Gatecon last summer was even better! When she first came out on stage:

after the initial greeting (above), he said, "I didn't know you were coming."

She said, "That's because you haven't returned my phone calls."

Actually, I really think he probably knew she was coming. But it was cute anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      Or course, as great as it was, seeing her with RDA at Gatecon last summer was even better! When she first came out on stage:

Actually, I really think he probably knew she was coming. But it was cute anyway.
      Actually, no he didn't know she was coming. It was a well kept secret.

Kay aka Mumsey
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

and the question, about who was the best kisser?

that was amanda's idea to get rick going.

One reason - in my opinion - that the two characters got along so well on the show is because the actors are such good friends.

it shows in how they can tease each other
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          Actually, no he didn't know she was coming. It was a well kept secret.

Kay aka Mumsey
          Tee-hee! Well...he should have returned her phone calls.

Comment

Well, for a con virgin, it was just a great experience. Amanda was so genuine and so funny...such a cut-up! She wore almost no makeup the whole time...mainly just a little mascara and blush. When I had my photo made with her...and when I got my autograph...I remember thinking how great she looked.

Carmen was there too. They did one session together, and they played off each other wonderfully! I was just excited to get to meet her and tell her how much I had enjoyed her work.

That's great. Thanks. Going to any cons this year?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              That's great. Thanks. Going to any cons this year?
              Back to Shore Leave. I think that's it for '09.

EDIT: Kinda quiet here tonight...
              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 18 January 2009, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                I've just been looking at the thread title and thought "maybe it should be changed to -

'Sam's an amazingly brilliant and fantastic character - she spoils us *EVERY* season!'

Hey, that's a great idea Alan . Wait, how about-

'Sam's an amazingly brilliant and fantastic character played by an amazingly brilliant and fantastic actress she spoils us *EVERY* season!' and every episode. No that's too much .

Or why not just name it Samanda?

That's awesome . Whether he knew or not, that's really cute .

Kinda OT--

I was out surfing the net, and I found this. Could this man be an old ancestor of Amanda's?- Alfred Tapping

Comment

Enemy at the Gate –

Spoiler:
                  Finally watched the SGA series finale. I was very pleased with Sam’s role in it. It had everything I could ever hope for the character and more. It did Carter justice. She got to be in charge of the SGC. Got to bring Atlantis home. Got to talk to the president. And she will be in command of General Hammond, which means she will be mobile. With SG1, Area 51, Atlantis, SGC and General Hammond under her belt, she can do anything! She can definitely be in an SG1 movie. She can join an SGA movie. She can also join the Stargate Universe premier. WOW! The possibility is immense! Loved it!

Comment

* Nudge*

Such a beautiful, warm smile!

Comment

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...DA-AT1-web.jpg
                      I just smile from ear to ear when I see the pictures from Gatecon when Amanda and Rick hugged...I so wish I had been there.
                      I mean really...who wouldn't return Amanda's phone calls.
                      It's really hot here today so I wont be online long as I'm pooped from the heat...that and sleep continues to elude me. Am seriously considering getting some professional help! For the sleep that is!!:rollseyes:
                      Night all, take care and have fun! (((Samandans)))
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                        Kinda OT--

I was out surfing the net, and I found this. Could this man be an old ancestor of Amanda's?- Alfred Tapping
                        hmmm could be
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          I've just been looking at the thread title and thought "maybe it should be changed to -

'Sam's an amazingly brilliant and fantastic character - she spoils us *EVERY* season!'

Very Nice! I agree :-)
                          sigpic

Comment

Is there actual talk by mods of changing the thread name or are we just joking around?
                            --jckfan (far out of the loop)

Love the Rick/Amanda pic sg-1fanintin! It's always great to see how they are friends. (I'm also a bit jealous that she gets to hug RDA! )

Comment

Is there actual talk by mods of changing the thread name or are we just joking around?
                              joking as far as i know.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                --jckfan (far out of the loop)

Love the Rick/Amanda pic sg-1fanintin! It's always great to see how they are friends. (I'm also a bit jealous that she gets to hug RDA! )
                                That's just Alan messing us around
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X