Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    You didn't dream it. When she walked out of the booth to go around to the room with Jacob, she lost it in the hallway and had to pull herself together to go in and do the scene.
    Really? Oh that is so sad. See, when I hear/read about how Amanda reacts to certain things, it kinda makes me sad. Gee, when she gets into a scene, she really gets into a scene! (((Amanda)))
    Originally posted by morjana View Post
    All of the 'Requiem' publicity stills are available here:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=64
    Uhm..it says it's airing Dec 5...but this Friday is Nov 28...are we missing another week of Sanctuary? Coz I really do not want to wait til Dec 5 to see Requiem!!!
    Ok...gotta run...busy busy busy!!
    Night all...(((Samandans)))
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Uhm..it says it's airing Dec 5...but this Friday is Nov 28...are we missing another week of Sanctuary? Coz I really do not want to wait til Dec 5 to see Requiem!!!
      (((Samandans)))
      Yeah, I don't want to wait either but I'm afraid we're going to have to
      It's Thanksgiving in the US and it got bumped
      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Aw man!! You have got to be kidding me!! Bummer!!! I'm so not happy now! You know, I'd be a lot thankful if they put it on...this being my weekend off and all...I actually have time to watch it. I had it all planned...watch Sanctuary, put the Christmas tree up and re watch Sanctuary...then go to dad and mums for advent then come home and watch Sanctuary again. Well there goes that plan.
        Ok...I got it re planned...I'm gonna go to the Smith family Christmas party on the 6th then watch Sanctuary before work on the Sunday then go to work, then come home and re watch Sanctuary while eating dinner before doing advent, then organise hubby to get daughter from the Twilight con before watching Sanctuary again! Easy!!! It just means I have to wait. Dang! I was so psyched for this ep this weekend...bummer, bummer, bummer!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

attached to that camera just looks like a harddrive to record the footage and a small lcd monitor so you can see what you're shooting
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Aw man!! You have got to be kidding me!! Bummer!!! I'm so not happy now! You know, I'd be a lot thankful if they put it on...this being my weekend off and all...I actually have time to watch it. I had it all planned...watch Sanctuary, put the Christmas tree up and re watch Sanctuary...then go to dad and mums for advent then come home and watch Sanctuary again. Well there goes that plan.
            Ok...I got it re planned...I'm gonna go to the Smith family Christmas party on the 6th then watch Sanctuary before work on the Sunday then go to work, then come home and re watch Sanctuary while eating dinner before doing advent, then organise hubby to get daughter from the Twilight con before watching Sanctuary again! Easy!!! It just means I have to wait. Dang! I was so psyched for this ep this weekend...bummer, bummer, bummer!

It seems like SciFi (and other channels) put off regularly scheduled programs the day after Thanksgiving, and then run the next new episode the following week every year. Apparently, SciFi feels that this year, running a marathon of Mork & Mindy is a good replacement for Sanctuary and SGA the day after Thanksgiving. Oh well. At least it will only be a week longer to wait for the new episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
              Hey Everyone,

I agree, I was really sad when they killed Jacob.

I agree.

That always seemed odd to me too.

It does yeah, in fact did Amanda not say somewhere that Sam's tears in Jacob's death scene were also Amanda's b/c she was so sad about saying goodbye to Carmen? Or did I dream that? LOL.

Julia(samcarterrules)
              You didn't dream it. When she walked out of the booth to go around to the room with Jacob, she lost it in the hallway and had to pull herself together to go in and do the scene.
              Really? Oh that is so sad. See, when I hear/read about how Amanda reacts to certain things, it kinda makes me sad. Gee, when she gets into a scene, she really gets into a scene! (((Amanda)))
              (((Samandans)))
              That's so sweet , it's things like that, that make people love Amanda, and love working with her . She's so normal and human .

Comment

And didn't she say it reminded her of when she lost her step?father? I know *watching* scenes like that can be hard after a loss, can you imagine acting in them?

Re: Requiem--I'm sure AT will rock as always. Should be a great chance to exercise those acting muscles.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

(((((Amanda)))))) she's just wonderful!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    And didn't she say it reminded her of when she lost her step?father? I know *watching* scenes like that can be hard after a loss, can you imagine acting in them?

Re: Requiem--I'm sure AT will rock as always. Should be a great chance to exercise those acting muscles.
                    If she was using her stepfathers passing as her "moment" to pull emotion from, combined with the genuine sadness of seeing Carmen leave, the poor girl's heart would have been breaking. No wonder she lost it. Who wouldn't?

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                    Hey Everyone,

(((((Amanda)))))) she's just wonderful!!

Isn't she just?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

She'd have been on crutches for weeks with a broken leg--there'd be no need to say exactly when it had happened. Also it would have been an excuse for a little extra attention paid to her by Teal'c, right, Sky? I loved the Sam & Teal'c moments in that ep. I got a warm glow seeing their close friendship & how Sam lit up upon seeing him.

I just hope she's not *behind* the camera too much. I selfishly want to *see* her.
                      And yeah, I wondered if they got a deal on using the SG drawings--maybe cheaper than hiring an artist to do them all from scratch.

You little Sam/Teal'c shipper you!

Well after the whumping lists I said I was going to do a Sam whumping mini-marathon:

So, I watched LitS and Evolution this weekend.

LitS: I loved how they showed Sam getting seriously wounded and thinking about the letters she left just in case. They mentioned Cassie! Yay. I liked that she figured out a way to save the day despite her wounds. That last bit when she's barely hanging on & is fixing the program on the computer felt painful. (((Sam)))
                      When she's lying there and instructing Cam, did anyone else get a Camille vibe? When she gestures to him weakly it really reminds me of Garbo at the end of Camille. I had to wonder if AT thought of that at all when she was playing it.

Evolution: I liked Sam's dealings with Dad in this one. She's annoyed with him and worried. Some of the looks she gives Jacob are classic. I particularly like her expression when he lets them in through the air vent on the space station after being out of touch & he says "you weren't worried wre you?"

And then after she's hurt when jacob comes over to see how injured she is and makes her lie still--nice moment. They're each a bit protective of each other, but also respect each other's abilities.
                      Love those episodes! Love the Sam/Cam friendship in LITS. Love the father/daughter relationship. Similar in Descent which we just watched for the team thread. Great moments with Jacob telling Sam to be careful and her "yes, Dad" was perfectly delivered by Amanda. Heartbreaking moment when Jacob can't open the door to the section filling with water and he says "Sam, I'm sorry".

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      I think one of the best relationships on SG1 was the father-daughter relationship with Jacob and Sam. When they killed Jacob off, they made a big mistake, this could have been used in s9,10 or in the movies
                      Agreed. For those who weren't there, Amanda's response at AT3 to the best thing TPTB ever did for the character of Sam was introducing Jacob and the father/daughter relationship.

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                      darn it...they really didn't think that one through was one set of lottery numbers too much to ask for?

I too love the relationship between Sam and her Dad, it was awesome and any episode with them both in was gonna be a good one. I do think the show did a good job of each character balancing their protective urges with respect *nods*

Yes! TPTB seemed to kill too many characters before their time, when there was so much more story that character had to tell and Jacob is one of them. I'd loved to have seen him in the latter seasons, the movies and seeing Sam getting command of Atlantis too.
                      Agreed!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        At least we didn't bump it for DARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                          I think so, though it seems to have a lot of other stuff attached to it.

Hee, my first successful attempt at including a picture in a post.
                          Excellent picture posting. There may be hope for me yet.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            It seems like SciFi (and other channels) put off regularly scheduled programs the day after Thanksgiving, and then run the next new episode the following week every year. Apparently, SciFi feels that this year, running a marathon of Mork & Mindy is a good replacement for Sanctuary and SGA the day after Thanksgiving. Oh well. At least it will only be a week longer to wait for the new episodes.
                            Being it's SciFi it's lucky you're not getting Mork vs MegaSnake
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Mork would be bright enough to not go anywhere near a movie called Mega Snake.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

What an image that presents.

Comment

Working...
                                X