Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    Oh, cool lists.

You know, when I think back overall on the series, I usually don't think there has been a lot of Sam whump, but looking at ^those you see just how much that character has been put through. And it's more then enough to fuel my need for more Sam whumping. Is that a bad thing?
    I did a rough count of about 85 or so episodes where Sam got whumped, or about 35% of the time across the SG-1 seasons and movies and SGA. And they're also several more episodes where Sam was doing whumping.

Oh, just remembered another one, Insiders when she's zatted by Ba'al.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Great lists Sky and Evenstar, amazing memories! My favourite "Unending: temporarily blown up on ship".

Only one I could think of in addition to your lists was the cut to her hand in One False Step as mentioned before.
    Well, it was partly from memory and partly peeking at GW episode summaries. Though it's probably not a good sign that I seem to have better memory for Stargate episodes than I do for microbiology.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Happy Birthday Ann

I got you something for your birthday, I hope you like it
      Spoiler:

oops, sorry I started unwrapping your present
      LOL Hey hands off present
      Oh and congrats on your own milestone

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      Hi Everyone,
      Happy Birthday Ann!!
      Also happy Birthday to anyone I missed.

Julia(samcarterrules)
      Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

Happy Birthday ann_sgcfan!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN! Good to hear it is going well so far.
      Thanks everyone for the Birthday Wishes!
      I did have a good day.

Comment

Belated BDay wishes Ann!
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          As to age and going to Cons..
          I think alot has to do with how 'motherly' parents sometimes are. They worry and feel that the big, bad world is going to gobble you whole so basically don't want to let you out of their sight, no matter how old you may be.
          Yes and no. As a mum, it's not so much about the big bad scary world, but also the big bad scary people that attend and the fact that my daughter doesn't look at all like a 16 year old...she looks a lot older and that concerns me. Having said that though, I just got confirmation today that she's off to a Twilight convention in December and she doesn't know it yet. And she'll be going solo to this one. So big and scary for mum and dad I can tell you! Now, how to tell her without having her faint is going to be fun...I'll have to sit her down...no, lay her down and tell her! Callum Lutz (sp?) is going to be there! Whatever that means!!
          Originally posted by PengYn View Post
          I have decided that you may borrow my icon for the day...
          http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...uary/Will1.jpg
          now get up off the floor and go have a great day![/CENTER]
          I got you something for your birthday, I hope you like it
          Spoiler:
          http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4962/will1ub5.jpg
          oops, sorry I started unwrapping your present
          *sputters* Oh wow!! O M G!!! You are one lucky chicky Ann!!
          Happy Birthday Ann!!
          And happy belated birthday to LaCroix!!

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          I'm very happy to hear that you and your daughter are going to AT4,
          And hey, maybe you can tell her about that dream you had of her, you know that dream when you were jogging, and she ran up and joined you
          Actually...Niki is not coming to AT4...she will however be going with me to meet Amanda at Armageddon here in Melbourne next October. And even then I'm not sure if I want her there all weekend with me...but that's more to do with her health issues rather than me wanting to go solo!!
          As for me telling Amanda about my dream...I don't think so!! Knowing what I do know of Amanda, she may very well challenge me to jog with her..and there ain't no way that's ever gonna happen...unless it's in my dreams again!
          I did note in the team thread recently that Sam does seem to get a lot of hand injuries (Entity, Redemption, One False Step).
          And head injuries too....
          Originally posted by PengYn View Post
          Spoiler:

the EW - Kawalsky attacks Sam in the elevator and knocks her unconscious.
          Emancipation - Sam versus Turghan.
          the Broca Divide - she gets stabbed.
          the Nox - um she dies.
          the ToT - Jack launches himself at her to get them out of the way as the ceiling caves in and they roll down the stairs together (I mean that had to have hurt)
          Solitudes - she gets hurled through that 'gate at high speed/falls down the ice slope etc etc
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          a list of sam whump
          please correct me if i'm remembering wrong
          Sam whumped
          Spoiler:

enemy within - knocked out by Kawalsky
          emancipation - kidnapped, maybe beat up, fought for freedom
          broca divide - virus'd, stabbed
          first commandment - roughed up by Hansen
          The Nox - killed, revivied
          Torment of Tantalus - rolled down stairs
          Fire and Water - memory messed with by Nem
          Hathor - thrown around by Hathor
          Solitudes - tossed through gate, frozen, slid down glacier, nearly died
          tin man - knocked out
          TBFTGOG - au sam killed
          ITLOD - taken over by tok'ra and nearly killed by the Ashrak
          need - worked in mine to the point of hallucinating!
          Spirits - knocked out
          Fifth Race - almost cooked on the planet/heat exhaustion
          Matter of time - in close proximity to bomb going off
          Out of Mind - kidnapped by goa'uld
          Into the Fire - ribboned by Hathor
          Seth - knocked out
          Legacy - possessed by machello's slugs
          Deadman Switch - knocked out by Aris
          Demons - knocked out by Canon
          Rules of Engagement - knocked out by kids, scratched on face
          Jolinar's Memories - traumatic memories of Jolinar
          TDYK - roughed up by Apophis, blood of Sokar
          Foothold - drugged by aliens, roughed up by hammnd alien
          Urgo - knocked out by Urgo, burned on arm
          New ground - captured by and tortured by Bedrosians knocked out again!
          Crystal Skull - radiation sickness
          Upgrades - exposure to tok'ra armbands
          D&C - mental anguish, drugged
          Watergate - almost drowned
          BTS- kidnapped, drugged, memory stamped
          PONR - kidnapped, drugged, almost blown up
          The Curse - tossed against wall by Osiris
          2010 - AU sam killed
          The LIght - addicted to Light
          Entity - possessed by alien, zatted twice
          DM - kidnapped, drugged a lot!!
          Summit/Last Stand - caught in tok'ra cave cavein
          fail safe - electrocuted
          REvelations - captured and ribboned
          Redemption - shocked and knocked out
          Descent - nearly drowned
          Frozen - sickened by Ancient Plague
          Nightwalkers - possessed by symbiote knocked out again!
          Allegiance - attacked by Ashrak
          Prometheus - kidnapped
          Unnatural Sel - mind raped by replicators
          Meta - DNA rewritten by Nirti almost liquefied!
          Forsaken - knocked out by bad guys
          Prophecy - shocked/burned by gate overload
          Lifeboat - knocked out by alien
          Evolution - beaten up by kull warrior
          grace - concussion from falling
          death knell - attacked by kull warrior, caught in self-destruct
          new order - kidnapped/tortured by replicators
          lockdown - possessed by anubis and knocked out again by Jack with a zat!
          off the grid - captured and beaten up
          flesh and blood - trapped in space suit
          morpheus - sickened by sleeping virus
          COT - knocked out and captured by bad guys
          LITS - shot by ori warrior
          I added a couple of things to your list if that's alright Sky!
          Are we talking only SG1 or SGA as well...in that case...
          Spoiler:
          TR - memory loss
          Trio - fell and got winded, fell again and again got winded, fell a third time and broke leg
          TLM - future Sam died on the Phoenix while battling the Wraith

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          Kawalsky attacked Sam and knocked Amanda unconscious. No acting needed.
          Correction, Kowalsky attacked Sam, Amanda also hurled herself back (getting into he part ) and got knocked out. So it was a combination of Jay and Amanda that knocked Amanda out
          I still cringe when I read about how Amanda really got knocked out in that ep...ouch!!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

LOL, it seems I also got a present for Ann's birthday...
            my 6,800th post
            Spoiler:
            Sam and Amanda Rock !
            WooHoo!! Congratulations chatterbox!! Mandy!!!!
            As I said on the other thread, sometimes I wonder if it's the camera that captures Amanda beauty, or Amanda's beauty that captures the camera.
            Well there's food for thought...does it matter either way??
            To avoid homework for a while, I looked up some more sam whumping:
            Spoiler:

The Serpent's Lair: knocked out/temporarily blinded
            Prisoners: knocked out by Linnea
            Gamekeeper: knocked out by VR chairs
            Serpent's Song: brief flash of traumatic memories
            1969: cut on hand
            Ascension: knocked out by Orlin
            Red Sky: tumbled down steps exiting the gate
            2001: Fell through gate
            Smoke and Mirrors: almost blown up
            Paradise Lost: zatted by Maybourne
            Homecoming: fight with Herak
            Endgame: zatted by Trust guy
            Gemini: hand in head/punched by Replicarter
            Moebius: died in one timeline
            Prototype: knocked out by Khalek
            The Road Not Taken: zatted by Secret Service guys
            Talion: knocked out by Teal'c
            Unending: temporarily blown up on ship
            Continuum: killed in alt timeline
            Tabula Rasa: infected with amnesia disease
            Trio: fell twice, breaks leg
            The Last Man: killed in alt timeline
            Oooh...cool...more whump!!
            Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
            Oh, cool lists.
            You know, when I think back overall on the series, I usually don't think there has been a lot of Sam whump, but looking at ^those you see just how much that character has been put through. And it's more then enough to fuel my need for more Sam whumping. Is that a bad thing?
            As in should we be concerned??? Hmmm...nope!!
            I did a rough count of about 85 or so episodes where Sam got whumped, or about 35% of the time across the SG-1 seasons and movies and SGA. And they're also several more episodes where Sam was doing whumping.
            Oh, just remembered another one, Insiders when she's zatted by Ba'al.
            And more whump...I'm in whump over drive!!! Yay!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              Just thought I'd quickly mention how Niki went with the neurologist,...OT ahead...
              Spoiler:
              She went well...she needs to have an MRI and EEG done soon but otherwise it was ok. She suffers from Syncopal convulsions....basically, she's prone to faint and convulse from the faint. Which in itself is not necessarily a bad thing...she just needs to understand the symptoms of a faint coming on and get her legs above her heart. And she needs to basically take care of herself...like have breakfast and drink more water...something a lot of teenagers don't do! We just need to rule out any thing else especially after losing some sensation on her left side of her body two weeks ago. So though we have some answers, we're just going to have to wait a little longer for the rest. But all is ok!! Yay!!

Speak of the devil...she's home from dancing so gotta choof...night all, take care and stay safe! (((Samandans)))
              *Hugs, hugs, hugs*
              Spoiler:
              Oh Chelle, I hope you both are OK, thanks for confiding in us, and remember, you've also got a place to come and talk . You're both strong, and we know you'll be OK

Yes and no. As a mum, it's not so much about the big bad scary world, but also the big bad scary people that attend and the fact that my daughter doesn't look at all like a 16 year old...she looks a lot older and that concerns me. Having said that though, I just got confirmation today that she's off to a Twilight convention in December and she doesn't know it yet. And she'll be going solo to this one. So big and scary for mum and dad I can tell you! Now, how to tell her without having her faint is going to be fun...I'll have to sit her down...no, lay her down and tell her! Callum Lutz (sp?) is going to be there! Whatever that means!!
              Spoken like a good mum

Actually...Niki is not coming to AT4...she will however be going with me to meet Amanda at Armageddon here in Melbourne next October. And even then I'm not sure if I want her there all weekend with me...but that's more to do with her health issues rather than me wanting to go solo!!
              As for me telling Amanda about my dream...I don't think so!! Knowing what I do know of Amanda, she may very well challenge me to jog with her..and there ain't no way that's ever gonna happen...unless it's in my dreams again!
              Oh I see . I hope you guys have a great time . As for jogging with Amanda, I'm sure she'd be a sport and let you win, just like she'd probably let any fan win . Besides, what's the worst that could happen? If I were jogging against her, or playing anything, I'd definitely let her win, but probably so would she, so we'd both be trying to lose .

Comment

As for jogging with Amanda, I'm sure she'd be a sport and let you win, just like she'd probably let any fan win . Besides, what's the worst that could happen? If I were jogging against her, or playing anything, I'd definitely let her win, but probably so would she, so we'd both be trying to lose .
                Hehehe...yeah...I can see it now..rather than jogging, we'd both be walking backwards!!! I don't jog...and for a good reason!! Besides, it'd create a panic...people would think there's an earthquake!!! The seismometers would be going nuts!!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hehehe...yeah...I can see it now..rather than jogging, we'd both be walking backwards!!! I don't jog...and for a good reason!! Besides, it'd create a panic...people would think there's an earthquake!!! The seismometers would be going nuts!!
                  I don't really jog either , the most exercise I do is at work, and on my lap-top . My fingers get more exercise than me .

And let me guess, you don't jog because....... you don't like to show off your good athletic skills, and you like working out on your computer like we do .

Comment

I don't really jog either , the most exercise I do is at work, and on my lap-top . My fingers get more exercise than me .
                    And let me guess, you don't jog because....... you don't like to show off your good athletic skills, and you like working out on your computer like we do .
                    ...uhm...no!!! Athletic skills I have none!! Like you, my fingers get a better workout than me...in fact, the term workout to me means I work out..of the home!
                    So I just watched the YT clip of the behind the scenes videos...I've never seen them before...how cool...and Amanda was on rubbish duty...I had to laugh at that one!! They were all soo young back then...or rather not just young but they all seemed rather green...not in the way they looked but that they were still rather new to the show. Anyhoo..it was fun watching that!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

...uhm...no!!! Athletic skills I have none!! Like you, my fingers get a better workout than me...in fact, the term workout to me means I work out..of the home!
                      So I just watched the YT clip of the behind the scenes videos...I've never seen them before...how cool...and Amanda was on rubbish duty...I had to laugh at that one!! They were all soo young back then...or rather not just young but they all seemed rather green...not in the way they looked but that they were still rather new to the show. Anyhoo..it was fun watching that!!
                      I see .
                      Last edited by Rocky89; 20 November 2008, 09:46 AM.

Comment

well, to be accurate

Jay was supposed to throw amanda back, when he did it, amanda threw herself back while jay also did it, thus she hit the wall harder than anticipated and yes, did knock herself out.

if you look close in the briefing room scene after that, jack touches sam's arm and speaks to her,a nd i've always interpreted that as Rick asking amanda, back after a day off at the hospital, 'you okay'
                        A day at the hospital? Yikes. Though I guess they wouldn't want to risk any serious damage.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Correction, Kowalsky attacked Sam, Amanda also hurled herself back (getting into he part ) and got knocked out. So it was a combination of Jay and Amanda that knocked Amanda out
                          well, to be accurate

Jay was supposed to throw amanda back, when he did it, amanda threw herself back while jay also did it, thus she hit the wall harder than anticipated and yes, did knock herself out.

if you look close in the briefing room scene after that, jack touches sam's arm and speaks to her,a nd i've always interpreted that as Rick asking amanda, back after a day off at the hospital, 'you okay'
                          Either way, there was an Amanda lump on the floor. Poor girl. The things she does for her art.

I like your take on the briefing room scene.

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          A day at the hospital? Yikes. Though I guess they wouldn't want to risk any serious damage.

suse
                          She ended up with a slight concussion. Owwie. I whacked my head pretty good a few times, but I don't think I've ever been knocked unconscious. I wonder how long it took everyone to realize something was wrong.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

She ended up with a slight concussion. Owwie. I whacked my head pretty good a few times, but I don't think I've ever been knocked unconscious. I wonder how long it took everyone to realize something was wrong.
                            They probably realized something was wrong when the director said cut and she didn't immediately open her eyes and get up.

I think AT has said that after that incident the crew made extra sure to check on her after stunts.

I have the unfortunate combination of being rather tall, a bit of a klutz and not always as aware of my surroundings as I should be, so I've whacked my head on things more times than I can count. The most memorable was probably when I was excitedly getting up from my desk in my dorm to greet a friend and promptly cracked my head on the metal bed frame I had forgotten was lofted over my desk. Lost consciousness for only the microsecond it took me to fall back into my chair and got it back in time for my friend to laugh that she'd literally 'stunned' me with her arrival.

sigpic

Comment

Hehe... I have concussed myself by landing on my tail bone. The impact jarred up my back and caused the concussion in my head apparently... I don't remember much of it That's what I get for going roller blading with no breakfast, the week before my period when I'm at my most klutzy self.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Um...you do realize who you are asking right?
                                Hehehe...gotta love the whump *g*

and that train of posts inspired lots of fitness ads lol.

Either way, there was an Amanda lump on the floor. Poor girl. The things she does for her art.

I like your take on the briefing room scene.

Being knocked unconcious is weird, but it doesn't take long for people to realise that you're out even when they're not expecting it. I think even if you're good at acting unconcious (as AT is) there is still a difference when you're actually unconcious.

They probably realized something was wrong when the director said cut and she didn't immediately open her eyes and get up.

I think AT has said that after that incident the crew made extra sure to check on her after stunts.

I have the unfortunate combination of being rather tall, a bit of a klutz and not always as aware of my surroundings as I should be, so I've whacked my head on things more times than I can count. The most memorable was probably when I was excitedly getting up from my desk in my dorm to greet a friend and promptly cracked my head on the metal bed frame I had forgotten was lofted over my desk. Lost consciousness for only the microsecond it took me to fall back into my chair and got it back in time for my friend to laugh that she'd literally 'stunned' me with her arrival.
                                What's my excuse? I'm short and I've been knocked out a whole lot of times and had concussion several more (though never seriously *touch wood*) I think the worst one was when the swing I was on broke and I fell and hit my head on the concrete edging to our garden path. I was by myself and I have no idea how long I was out for.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X