Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    mmhm, so what? i need to watch all the behind the scenes thingies?

I know i've seen it. she's kneeling behind the 'rock' and her gun jams and she turns back to the camera, laughing and frustrated with herself and the gun and calls out 'i'm stargate barbie and we're all gonna die'
    Yeah, that's on the US versions :

lol: I just couldn't tell what she said. Oops.
    suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

ok, i have all my variuos specials and dvd's out and i'll look. it's not on the beyond the gate thing for her, so maybe it's on the lowdown or something else

i KNOW i've seen it, i just don't knwo where
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
        Hehe, no, that's Lindsy Lohan.
        LOL

Dear lord, PLEASE tell me this is in the extras for what ever episode/season this happened.
        Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
        It is on the region 2 dvd's indeed. I know cause i have it on my dvd box of season 7... It is hilarious.

I am not sure about the other regions though... If you youtube it, you might be able to see it though. I know at one point or another it was on there... I think a Samandan uploaded it once. But I could be wrong.
        Hmm, I don't see why it wouldn't be on all of them.

Hmm, makes you wonder why they didn't go back to the P90. Or why the switched it up in the first place. Glad they stuck with it though.

Yeah, I got nothing on there.

The thing is, I'm crazy (sad?) enough to get a dvd player from the UK, a power converter, and the region 2 dvd set.
        When the individual seasons came out, the UK sets had extra bonus material. Don't know why. It never made any sense to me. Especially since it was US/Canada companies that created the content/discs and they were the countries that got shorted.

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
        The director's cut is there, but no, that bit is not in it. *sniffle* I've only seen it online...somewhere...
        yeah, it's not on the directors' thing
        I know I had grabbed all the UK extras before, but I thought they were all included in the complete set. All of the stuff that we had missed out on originally is now there.

I just still can't believe that they never did commentary for Threads. It was such on important episode.
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

ok, i have all my variuos specials and dvd's out and i'll look. it's not on the beyond the gate thing for her, so maybe it's on the lowdown or something else

I'm sure some responsible Samandan will find it and post where it is so we can all see it.

'Cause...it's what we do...

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
            Umm....and how do you feel about our liquid sunshine
            Rain? Not a problem for me.

Have hairspray. Will travel.

Comment

... You're amazing.

Comment

... You're amazing.

<snicker>

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I looked into this particular behind the scenes moment just recently. Scoured my DVDs to no avail. So yeah, if someone finds it on the Region 1 DVDs, anywhere....please tell me.
                  Jenni

Comment

found it!!!
                    it's on the region 2 'beyond the gate' thingie with amanda. which is longer than the one on the R1 dvd's.

i'll see if I can get it in an uploadable format tomorrow and get it somewhere. or I can e-mail it to someone to put up
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I knew it wasn't on ours.
                      Jenni

Comment

speakig of sam kicking tushie

http://annerbhp.livejournal.com/43819.html?format=light

cute little fic, short and sweet...and something i'd just love to have seen
                        Understated power.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                        I love that fic. This one is very good too.
                        Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        Sign of a good actress that she's so believable in those types of scenes. She always says she's a klutz, but she's always believable in the physical scenes. On the other hand, I seem to recall the guy who plays Pendergast saying he used to play tennis with her & she was quite athletic, so I think she's also modest.
                        From the story by annerb: http://www.annerb.com/reckless:

Daniel managed to forget sometimes that Sam was more than just a brilliant scientist.
                        I, too, forget that Sam is a scientist and soldier all in one - AT makes it seamless.

I also forget how much work AT puts into the character of Sam. All the research, memorizing, as well as the physical aspects of the character. For me, forgetting all this is what makes AT a great actress. I forget she is acting. I forget her character is a character.
                        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                        Quint Studer

Comment

she used to say, like when she did POV and au 'sam' had to cry, that she'd get herself depressed and 'in the mood' to cry, then would spend the time between scenes on her own to keep the mood and to be able to perform
                          All day working on being depressed? Must be hard - glad I don't have to do that!

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                          I can't watch heroes without crying. Never could. Amanda's performance was just stunning, her emotions, all of it. I guess it was pretty sad to see Teryl go, that that must've helped somewhat, but other than that, i don't know how she can make herself cry like that.... just seeing Carter in tears made me even more weepy.
                          I can't watch Heroes. Too sad. I hate that Janet was killed and I hate that Sam was so upset. For me, Frasier was the best doc and I still don't like she isn't front and center as the main doc character.
                          Last edited by tagger; 14 September 2008, 10:36 PM.
                          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

Wondering about the multiple posts are we?

I never know if I should do a ginormous multiquote or, a divided post-ette.

No super-sized posts tonite, so a bunch of mini ones.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Just a thought on the topic of Sam showing some emotion or what not...I was watching Company of Thieves this afternoon...I think that scene where Emerson was shot and later when she was brought back to the holding room...very powerful!!
                            (((Samandans)))
                            I hate that Emerson was shot, and Sam totally captures the injustice of those scenes.

Great acting from my perspective.

Originally posted by suse View Post
                            Random Observation:

Quiet morning!

On topic: What's the snarkiest line you've ever heard from Sam?

suse
                            Gotta go with the line to Maybourne in Foothold.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            i hope amanda gets an assistant.
                            Me too.

You guys don't tan, you rust.
                            LOL!

Originally posted by rderoch
                            I just still can't believe that they never did commentary for Threads. It was such on important episode.
                            Never noticed the lack of commentary until now. I haven't listened to all the extras over the seasons, but I totally agree. Pivotal episode, a commentary would have been great!
                            Quint Studer

Comment

<snicker>

suse
                              Naughty naughty, suse
                              sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

found it!!!
                                it's on the region 2 'beyond the gate' thingie with amanda. which is longer than the one on the R1 dvd's.

i'll see if I can get it in an uploadable format tomorrow and get it somewhere. or I can e-mail it to someone to put up

Thank you for finding out though.

Comment

Working...
                                X