Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    Tis why she has left her luddite roots behind and embraced technology. She NEEDS a device to keep track of her schedule. I wonder if she's had a moment yet where she woke up and couldn't remember what city she was in.
    Don't know about Amanda but when I was on tour with music groups I would often wake up and not know what State I was in and sometimes what Country when in Europe forget knowing the city. That happens often with musicians - it is one of the reasons you hear about someone saying the wrong city name from stage. I remember one tour where we did a series of concerts in the Minnesota then went to Colorado for a big festival and then went back to Minnesota and back to Colorado again. By the end of two weeks I had no idea were I was, every morning it was just point me to the bus and then the stage at night.

I know Amanda is going to be in Atlantis's season/series finale I just hope it is more than just a couple minute guest spot ala "Letters from Pegasus".
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

yeah, me too. It was kinda disappointing that 'special guest star amanda tapping' and the sum of her appearance was in the promo
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        yeah, me too. It was kinda disappointing that 'special guest star amanda tapping' and the sum of her appearance was in the promo

That was pretty darned useless.

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
          I haven't seen it........heard it was only on the UK DVDs with Avenger.
          Hmm, I don't see why it wouldn't be on all of them.

Originally posted by suse View Post
          Avenger 2.0 Not sure if that take was used in the BTS, but they talked about it.

The Carter Special, a gun they had to build cobble because the blanks were going to the military ((made into real bullets) for tr was in Iraq.

suse
          Hmm, makes you wonder why they didn't go back to the P90. Or why the switched it up in the first place. Glad they stuck with it though.

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
          It is on the region 2 dvd's indeed. I know cause i have it on my dvd box of season 7... It is hilarious.

I am not sure about the other regions though... If you youtube it, you might be able to see it though. I know at one point or another it was on there... I think a Samandan uploaded it once. But I could be wrong.
          Yeah, I got nothing on there.

The thing is, I'm crazy (sad?) enough to get a dvd player from the UK, a power converter, and the region 2 dvd set.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i hope amanda gets an assistant.

(((amanda)))

sally
            Sounds like the perfect job for me! I'm enthusiastic, detail-oriented, trustworthy, adore Amanda, have a show business background..and since my visit to Vancouver last month...have realized how much I'd like to live in the Pacific Northwest.

Sign me up.

Please.

Comment

the box for the us box set says it has the avenger director's series on it

I'll look at it tomorrow and see if it's on there

sigpic

Comment

Thank you! *+1 invisible rep point*

Comment

I don;t think it had that bit. Not of *her* saying it anyway. They talked about it though
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    Sounds like the perfect job for me! I'm enthusiastic, detail-oriented, trustworthy, adore Amanda, have a show business background..and since my visit to Vancouver last month...have realized how much I'd like to live in the Pacific Northwest.

Sign me up.

Please.
                    Umm....and how do you feel about our liquid sunshine
                    sigpic

Comment

mmhm, so what? i need to watch all the behind the scenes thingies?

I know i've seen it. she's kneeling behind the 'rock' and her gun jams and she turns back to the camera, laughing and frustrated with herself and the gun and calls out 'i'm stargate barbie and we're all gonna die'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                        Umm....and how do you feel about our liquid sunshine
                        You guys don't tan, you rust.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

*shakes rust flakes on Suse*
                          sigpic

Comment

mmhm, so what? i need to watch all the behind the scenes thingies?

I know i've seen it. she's kneeling behind the 'rock' and her gun jams and she turns back to the camera, laughing and frustrated with herself and the gun and calls out 'i'm stargate barbie and we're all gonna die'
                            If you have time you could watch them all yet. I was just trying to youtube it and I havent found anything yet... But i did find a funny moment of Frozen, cracks me up everytime I see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jyThrht_lA

I know for sure it is on the dvd boxsets of regio 2. I would say if I have time I would put it on youtube for a few days for people who would love to see it but I can't promise anything atm cause I am kind of busy lately.

Comment

The director's cut is there, but no, that bit is not in it. *sniffle* I've only seen it online...somewhere...
                              Jenni

Comment

yeah, it's not on the directors' thing

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X