No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Amanda-related school news (and I tell ya, this could be a regular feature, given my new kidlets)...

Spoiler:
    I got my timetable given to me in the middle of form time. The girl with the timetable came in and said "And Mr A says to tell you that you're teaching Year 7 science to your form."

My jaw must have dropped in horror, because little C put her hand up and said t me, "Don't worry, Miss. You watch enough Stargate.... just copy what Sam Carter says. That's science."

I don't quite think we've made it onto theoretical astrophysics yet, dear!

OT: Possibly of interest to penguins
    Spoiler:
    As well as science, I am teaching food, textiles and various other subjects this year (and not much French *growls nastily*). Anyway, I was given half an hour to show the head of design and technology what I can do on a sewing machine / play with resources and was given a basket of scraps and things as well as some black cotton. The result was a gawky/scrawny looking beastie, about the size of my hand (under the spoilers).

Basically, I was just clearing out my school bag for the evening and was about to throw this thing in the bin, but thought that one of you guys, being fond of penguins as you are, might appreciate him. He's not childsafe, not washable and not brilliantly made - he was a half-hour job, as stated. But if anyone would like him, please let me know via PM.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      Two?

Just kidding. I should write in a little word of demand...er, persuasion. Got an addy handy for where to send it? If it was posted here, I most likely overlooked it which would be completely in fashion for me.
      Be gentle dear.

Ask and ye shall receive!
      Email addy: [email protected]
      Subject link: Suggest a Guest

This will be the new "Get Amanda On Leno" campaign and much more fun than a real Gaol.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

Thanks Chelle

A polar bear was delivered today....

Spoiler:

and I must say, Missy is finding it quite intriguing (if not tasty)
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          Eek! Canadians have invaded our televisions! I thought Christopher Plummer was English. And isn't Keifer American? His dad was already well established in Hollywood by the time he was born. Is his mom Canadian?

Ooops, I may have said too much and our secret infiltration of your country may now be out . (Think about it, Peter Jennings - Canadian, the "scud stud" Arthur Kent - Canadian, Alex Trebek - Canadian, the cast and crew of Sanctuary - Canadian, need I go on? Be very afraid (Anubis - Canadian))

To answer your question, Keifer is Canadian as is his father (Donald Sutherland) and his Mom (well known Canadian actress Shirley Douglas). As Mandy mentioned, his maternal grandfather was Tommy Douglas who was recently voted the greatest Canadian in a poll for being the father of Medicare.

Good on ya and Lilferrit for writing to the Tonight Show (original theme song written by Paul Anka - Canadian ). Think they'll care for my opinion since I don't count in their ratings?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Be gentle dear.

Ask and ye shall receive!
            Email addy: [email protected]
            Subject link: Suggest a Guest

This will be the new "Get Amanda On Leno" campaign and much more fun than a real Gaol.
            I'd watch Leno for AT. And I hate Leno.

Comment

Just found something at the NBC site. http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_...shtml#feedback You can select "Suggest a Guest".
              here's my letter:

(and i used capital letter too! )

Hello,

I'd love to see Amanda Tapping guest star on your show. She has a new series ('Sanctuary') on the Sci-Fi Channel that'll premier October 3rd. You could help her promote the series.

Sincerely,
              Sally Murphy

~~~

it's rather boring, but it gets to the point. hehe.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

wow, you know, it hit me, only the sam and jack thread has more views than this one does.

we even beat the rda thunk thread
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i know some guys here will want to participate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58631

they're putting together a 'fan book' for claudia...basially like the book Forever (i think that's who it was) collated for amanda.

if you want to play, follow the link and the guidelines there.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    wow, you know, it hit me, only the sam and jack thread has more views than this one does.

we even beat the rda thunk thread
                    that's cuz we're so dang cool! have any of you looked at the number of stories for sg1 on ff.net? There's almost twice the amount of any other TV show. Now, granted, Harry Potter has like 371 THOUSAND stories, but hey, we're pretty close with...uh...18 thousand. okay, not close, but that's still pretty dang good!
                    sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                    Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      Ooops, I may have said too much and our secret infiltration of your country may now be out . (Think about it, Peter Jennings - Canadian, the "scud stud" Arthur Kent - Canadian, Alex Trebek - Canadian, the cast and crew of Sanctuary - Canadian, need I go on? Be very afraid (Anubis - Canadian))

To answer your question, Keifer is Canadian as is his father (Donald Sutherland) and his Mom (well known Canadian actress Shirley Douglas). As Mandy mentioned, his maternal grandfather was Tommy Douglas who was recently voted the greatest Canadian in a poll for being the father of Medicare.

Good on ya and Lilferrit for writing to the Tonight Show (original theme song written by Paul Anka - Canadian ). Think they'll care for my opinion since I don't count in their ratings?
                      I knew there was something oddly familiar about that Anubis character.

Go Tommy Douglas! Keifer's got quite the pedigree going on.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      As long as she can be on the Tonight Show before Conan takes over. I won't be watching it after that. Though for Amanda, I could FF through the rest of the ep.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

SG1/SGA/Sanctuary - Celeb Salon: Stargate star Amanda Tapping with a dark brown hairstyle for 'Sanctuary':

(Please follow the link for the complete article and photos.)

Amanda Tapping with a dark brown hairstyle for ‘Sanctuary’

Though she’s been seen as a blonde throughout her Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis runs, Amanda Tapping dyed her hair dark brown for her new role in Sanctuary. (See Amanda Tapping with blonde wavy hair here!)

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                          *sigh* I guess I could make the trip up the street.
                          LOL That's the spirit! Don't let that...block or so...slow you down!

*snickers*

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                          He did actually ask if he wrote me a cheque if I would be able to cash it and I assured him I would. But I did tell him it was going to be framed. So now it's destined to bug him for ages because his chequebook won't balance
                          Evil Becks, just...evil. And damned amusing.

Excellent! And love the piccie too...How many of our emails do you think it will take?
                          Gracias! God only knows. As I told someone on LJ tonight, it'll amuse me to no end just to know they'll get a ton of requests...even if they don't choose to invite her on.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          I think every opinion counts. *nods*

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          HEH. Just don't tell him that, k? LOL

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          here's my letter:~~~

it's rather boring, but it gets to the point. hehe.
                          sally
                          We'd just have to have a little convention of our own...going to the taping...
                          Jenni

Comment

*comes in shaking with laughter*

I know this crack!fic is a couple of years old, but I just found it and I was absolutely DYING of laughter. Especially since it was written round-robin style by several of our very own Samandans. And since I know we have a lot of relative newbies on here (me included), I'm gonna post it. If you haven't read it, DO IT! It will absolutely make your day!!

As The Stargate Turnz
                            sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                            Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                              Today's Amanda-related school news (and I tell ya, this could be a regular feature, given my new kidlets)...

Spoiler:
                              I got my timetable given to me in the middle of form time. The girl with the timetable came in and said "And Mr A says to tell you that you're teaching Year 7 science to your form."

My jaw must have dropped in horror, because little C put her hand up and said t me, "Don't worry, Miss. You watch enough Stargate.... just copy what Sam Carter says. That's science."

I don't quite think we've made it onto theoretical astrophysics yet, dear!

OT: Possibly of interest to penguins
                              Spoiler:
                              As well as science, I am teaching food, textiles and various other subjects this year (and not much French *growls nastily*). Anyway, I was given half an hour to show the head of design and technology what I can do on a sewing machine / play with resources and was given a basket of scraps and things as well as some black cotton. The result was a gawky/scrawny looking beastie, about the size of my hand (under the spoilers).

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...3092008165.jpg

Basically, I was just clearing out my school bag for the evening and was about to throw this thing in the bin, but thought that one of you guys, being fond of penguins as you are, might appreciate him. He's not childsafe, not washable and not brilliantly made - he was a half-hour job, as stated. But if anyone would like him, please let me know via PM.
                              Oh that is too cute
                              OH I Love it.....wana wana.....
                              sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

becky, you should post a pic of the check....after properly blacking out his address and account number of course.(anyone that knows photoshop can block out that information without ever hurting the original...or little post its can do it too)

I'm not a fan of game speak, but hon, you owned him

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X