Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    I *think* that ginger beer is darker and more gingery...at least that's what I recall.
    Definitely more gingery. It's also less sweet and carbonated. It can be alcoholic sometimes, but not usually I think. I don't think it's necessarily darker, but maybe. Both can vary in color some.

...I wonder which Sam likes more, if either? (good save, eh?)
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Here's what Wikipedia says about ginger beer:

Spoiler:
      Ginger beer is a type of carbonated soft drink or rarely, alcoholic beverage, flavored primarily with ginger, lemon and sugar. It originated in England in the mid 1700s, and it reached its peak of popularity in the early 1900s.[1] The original recipe requires only ginger, sugar, and water, to which is added a gelatinous substance called "ginger beer plant" (see below). Fermentation over a few days turns the mixture into ginger beer. Lemon may be added. A simple version of this recipe can be made at home today in which the following is bottled in a 2 liter bottle: grated fresh ginger, sugar, a small amount of baker's yeast, and (optionally) lemon juice. It is sealed at room temperature for a day or two before refrigerating.[2]

Instead of using the ginger beer plant, some other form of live culture may be used to produce fermented ginger beer. This is often baker's or brewer's yeast, but can also be a culture of lactic acid bacteria, kefir grains, or tibicos. Ginger beer is fizzy due to carbon dioxide. The alcohol content when produced by the traditional process can be high, up to 11%,[1] although it is possible to ferment ginger beer in such a way as to produce little alcohol. Ginger beer may be mixed with beer (usually a British ale of some sort) to make one type of shandy, and with Gosling's Black Seal rum to make a drink, originally from Bermuda, called a Dark 'N' Stormy. The soda version of ginger beer is the main ingredient in the Moscow Mule cocktail.

The beverage produced industrially today is often not brewed (fermented). Such ginger beer is carbonated with pressurized carbon dioxide, does not contain alcohol, and is sold as a soft drink. Ginger beer is similar to ginger ale except that it has a significantly stronger ginger taste, often being described as ginger ale with a kick to it. Its other distictive properties include its traditional cloudy appearance, its predominately citrus sour taste base and its spicy ginger bite.
      Mmmmmmm Moscow Mules one of my faves

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
      Definitely more gingery. It's also less sweet and carbonated. It can be alcoholic sometimes, but not usually I think. I don't think it's necessarily darker, but maybe. Both can vary in color some.

...I wonder which Sam likes more, if either? (good save, eh?)
      Yep, good save
      I think Sam would be a Ginger Beer kinda gal, it's definitely got more taste and body to it, and if you can find an alcoholic varietey it definitely has more kick.
      -

Comment

Have people seen this Robert Picardo interview? He's got some sweet things to say about Amanda at the beginning.

http://io9.com/5037382/robert-picard...rgates-tapping

.. we used to brew our own ginger beer, which was fabulous stuff, but we had to stop when the jars kept exploding in the woodshed! It was great though, much more 'peppery' than ginger ale.
        "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
          Our welcome question at Cell Group last night was "What's the difference between Ginger Beer and Ginger Ale?" and none of us knew. Sigh.
          Ginger beer is so much better than Ginger ale. Although both have that "my throat is on fire" burning feeling, which is great!
          Ginger beer is great mixed with pineapple juice and a squirt of lemon. Drooolllll...so good in summer! Ginger ale is more like a fizzy soft drink that is ginger flavoured. Ginger beer is kind of a stronger taste and darker and cloudier in appearance. *craving ginger beer* (don't think it's the best thing before a hockey game...turns to my grape powerade instead)
          sigpic

Comment

*shakes head in disbelief at the power of an idle question in Samanda*

In all seriousness.... I'm not sure Sam would necessarily like either ginger beer or ginger ale. It's definitely an acquired taste. Although if she was, it would have to be a diet brand.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by wibbling View Post
              Have people seen this Robert Picardo interview? He's got some sweet things to say about Amanda at the beginning.

http://io9.com/5037382/robert-picard...rgates-tapping
              Cool, thanks for the vid . I have to admit though, the only reason I watch the vid was because you said he's says sweet things to say about Amanda . Like when he said
              Spoiler:
              "No-one can replace Amanda Tapping. The fans say, How do you feel about having to fill Amanda Tapping's shoes?" I said, look, "I would rather wake up in the morning, go into the bathroom and see Amanda Tapping than me." So I understand how the fans feel. She's a great actress and a beautiful person."

I felt good to hear him say that because it just shows my much praise and respect he has for Amanda, and in a way he's sorta saying he think she's better in same way. And he's right, no one can replace Amanda . I also thought he was honest enough to admit that he knows fans still have mixed feelings about him going over to Atlantis, given Woolseys history on Stargate in general. Like I've said before, I like RP, but Woolsey still has a looooooooooong way to go. Also, here's some related RP interviews where he says more sweet things about Amanda

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...rdo-11186.html

http://scifi.about.com/od/actors/a/SGAT_picardo.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                Like when he said
                Spoiler:
                "No-one can replace Amanda Tapping. The fans say, How do you feel about having to fill Amanda Tapping's shoes?" I said, look, "I would rather wake up in the morning, go into the bathroom and see Amanda Tapping than me." So I understand how the fans feel. She's a great actress and a beautiful person."

I felt good to hear him say that because it just shows my much praise and respect he has for Amanda, and in a way he's sorta saying he think she's better in same way. And he's right, no one can replace Amanda . I also thought he was honest enough to admit that he knows fans still have mixed feelings about him going over to Atlantis, given Woolseys history on Stargate in general. Like I've said before, I like RP, but Woolsey still has a looooooooooong way to go. Also, here's some related RP interviews where he says more sweet things about Amanda

I must admit that since the episode before this last one I am finding myself liking Woolsey.
                Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  cookies? we have cookies???
                  Of course we have cookies.....down here in the gutter we have lots of cookies.....unlimited supply of cookies....another reason the gutters great....

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  she'd watch diving, they're the ones in the speedos...the bad thing is, there ain't a cute one amongst them

now if the male beach vollyball team would just wear as tiny 'uniforms' as the ladies, THEN we'd be in business.
                  Hmmmmm....I Like your thinking there Sky

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                  Do you think Sam watches the Olympics? Yes. Who doesn't admire May-Walsh????

And with how much enthusiasm?? Her patriotism would come out. Plus, I think she'd like the Judo with all that hand-to-hand training. Cam would, of course, like fencing, especially with 3 US women sweeping one event.

Do you think she would watch it alone or with the team?? Both. Depending on how long she can stand 'the boys' oggling the scantily clad women.

Do you think the SGC might have their own special Olympics?? Yes. SG1 serve as judges rating Siler's falls

What do you think Teal'c would think about the Olympics?? That there was NO WAY the Chinese female gymnasts are at least 16 years old! Plus, he'd keep asking 'where's the jello'?

Spoiler:
                  I think Cam looked up Katherine Langford. He could talk to her about the stargate and he knew enough about history to make tons of stuff and buy her antiquities.

I personally like the 6'5"-6-8" swimmers myself. That Jason Lezak is incredible. Plus, he's pretty good at swimming too
                  The Wrench lifting compititions

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  *pops in*

*drops wallpaper*

Hopefully you all like it..*looks shyly*

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/wyattrulezz/Posters/th_ATnewposter.jpg

*pops out*

Dat is beautiful

Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
                  Ginger beer is so much better than Ginger ale. Although both have that "my throat is on fire" burning feeling, which is great!
                  Ginger beer is great mixed with pineapple juice and a squirt of lemon. Drooolllll...so good in summer! Ginger ale is more like a fizzy soft drink that is ginger flavoured. Ginger beer is kind of a stronger taste and darker and cloudier in appearance. *craving ginger beer* (don't think it's the best thing before a hockey game...turns to my grape powerade instead)
                  Yes I agree, Ginger beer is so much nicer, Ginger Ale is weak and not as nice

Cool, thanks for the vid . I have to admit though, the only reason I watch the vid was because you said he's says sweet things to say about Amanda . Like when he said
                  Spoiler:

Owh I Love Robert.....not as much as Amanda....not even near as much as Amanda....But I still love him....he is cool.....Woolsey on the other hand.....*shakes head*
                  sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                    Owh I Love Robert.....not as much as Amanda....not even near as much as Amanda....But I still love him....he is cool.....Woolsey on the other hand.....*shakes head*
                    I agree, I love Rob too, but of course not nearly as much as I love Amanda, my love for her is light-years long. Yup noooooooooo one loves Amanda more than me .

Comment

woolsey had a backbone in Ghost in the machine

spoilers

Spoiler:
                      he stood up to the reps well and i admired him for that

however i had the thought of:

well for those that have seen it, 'weir' kinda hijacks the puddle jumper and is trapped in the city's puters, until she uses rodney's rep machine to make herself a body - and since torri didn't come back, weir's consciousness was in Fran.

then she needs/wants their help to help her brethern

and i kept thinking, man what a goldmine for Sam backstory had sam still been with the show. Not only is there the entity situation (which this show is kinda a mimick of) but also the 'trust a replicater' issue and SAm dealing iwth replicarter

Now, i personally, had sam been with the show, doubt that the writers would have even touched this rich history, but man, there was potential there had they chosen to delve into it and had amanda been on the show
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree, I love Rob too, but of course not nearly as much as I love Amanda, my love for her is light-years long. Yup noooooooooo one loves Amanda more than me .
                        As I said before......Keep dreamin sweetheart
                        sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                          As I said before......Keep dreamin sweetheart
                          *snickers and giggles*
                          Jenni

Comment

Heheh uh oh. Here we go again....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amanda_tapping_fan View Post
                              as i said before......keep dreamin sweetheart
                              I wish I dreamt more about her . And I'm sure you love, admire, respect, etc, etc, and I do too...................... X100000 I mean, my sigs says it all:

Spoiler:

Comment

I wish I dreamt more about her . And I'm sure you love, admire, respect, etc, etc, and I do too......................
                                Yeah you wish you had crazy dreams about her like me where we dress up like Indians and seek revenge on giant fish!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X