Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
    Forgot to say 'thank you' for all the kind birthday wishes from here and by PM.
    Had a lovely day on Friday, spent most of Saturday recovering, had more visitors Sunday and I'm off to Wales for the week today.

FF
    Don't forget to say Hi to Alan (our Forum Alan) I tought he lived in Rys, Northern Wales. If you can visit that village ya know that one with 26 or more letters.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

RealmofX: thanks for the link. The pics of Amanda made me go: oooooooo how cute! And in the land of Samanda there's no punishment on saying: Amanda is hot! Not only looks wise also eh person wise.

On the Sanctuary poster: Looks great just one teany pitsy problem. If ya ask me: that's not our 'Manda. I can't recognise her as the woman we all love. And yes that poster does reminds you of wolves hawling at the moon.

BTW Happy Birthday Hisg-1fans.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Just to beat a dead horse another time

Per Carter's promotion from Colonel to Brigadier General....see the following legal text defining the time-in-grade which says a Colonel must serve at least one year before being promoted. Even by 'real life' time, she's served this amount. (scroll to bottom for the fast read)

§ 619. Eligibility for consideration for promotion: time-in-grade and other requirements (a) Time-in-Grade Requirements.—

(1) An officer who is on the active-duty list of the Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps and holds a permanent appointment in the grade of second lieutenant or first lieutenant or is on the active-duty list of the Navy and holds a permanent appointment in the grade of ensign or lieutenant (junior grade) may not be promoted to the next higher permanent grade until he has completed the following period of service in the grade in which he holds a permanent appointment:

(A) Eighteen months, in the case of an officer holding a permanent appointment in the grade of second lieutenant or ensign.

(B) Two years, in the case of an officer holding a permanent appointment in the grade of first lieutenant or lieutenant (junior grade), except that the minimum period of service in effect under this subparagraph before October 1, 2008, shall be eighteen months.

(2) Subject to paragraph (4), an officer who is on the active-duty list of the Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps and holds a permanent appointment in a grade above first lieutenant or is on the active-duty list of the Navy and holds a permanent appointment in a grade above lieutenant (junior grade) may not be considered for selection for promotion to the next higher permanent grade until he has completed the following period of service in the grade in which he holds a permanent appointment:

(A) Three years, in the case of an officer of the Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps holding a permanent appointment in the grade of captain, major, or lieutenant colonel or of an officer of the Navy holding a permanent appointment in the grade of lieutenant, lieutenant commander, or commander.

(B) One year, in the case of an officer of the Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps holding a permanent appointment in the grade of colonel or brigadier general or of an officer of the Navy holding a permanent appointment in the grade of captain or rear admiral (lower half).

I've said my piece and will leave it in one....piece. Now, I leave in Peace!

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
          More photos from TCA:

Spoiler:

GAH!!!! wow AT is Hot.......thought I might just say that.......even though everyone already knows that....but still......those pics are amazing

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          OMG that woman is totally hot!

You all know why she's laughing don't you? She thinks we're all silly.
          I Totally agree......to both comments.....HEHE

Happy Birthday hisg1fans
          sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Sanctuary - IGN: Inside Sci Fi's Sanctuary:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....8&postcount=56

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

Ask yourself:
              ................... How many times in your life have you seen photo of 5 people leading a world-wide, mega-million dollar project where the central figure, both literally and figuratively, is a woman?

I've seen a handful of photos, but really very few of this magnatitude. And I'm not talking just in show business either. Yes, I know AT is the 'star' of the show and they intentionally put her in the middle for the photo opportunity.

But, think about the photo from the 'behind-the-scenes' aspect. The woman -- through her brains, beauty, brawn, and beneficence -- has inspired the men, who are leaders in their own fields, to risk both their reputations and wealth publicly on her.

This is a photo of power. Amanda's power to be exact.
              i like the sounds of this!

and that poster also showed who the *star* is. but you know what? AMANDA EARNED IT!!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                Sanctuary - IGN: Inside Sci Fi's Sanctuary:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....8&postcount=56
                thanks *again*, morjana.

i was thinking about this this morning that with sam egan being a ptb on the show, i wonder if they call him 'egan' because if they called him sam... i wonder if amanda would answer to that?

(i used to think when saying 'this morning', it was 'smorning'.... i even tried to look up the spelling once. )

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

I've made some lj icons from the beautiful pics of Amanda at the TCA Tour.

Find the rest here.

Comment

23 pics from the TCA Tour and party...including high resolution photos here at my LJ:

http://lilferret.livejournal.com/133304.html
                    Jenni

Comment

thanks those are beautiful
                      sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                        23 pics from the TCA Tour and party...including high resolution photos here at my LJ:

The ferret rules!
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

Hey! JM got penguiny goodness...

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ce-happenings/

Wonder where THAT came from...

*giggle*
                          Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                            I've made some lj icons from the beautiful pics of Amanda at the TCA Tour.

Find the rest here.

YAY so many prettys to get out of bed for, I can't say wake up to because I wasn't asleep, but YAY icons and pictures. AT is so gorgeous.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            The ferret rules!
                            Doesn't she just.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              I actually liked it when AT grew out her hair. I think the longer hair looks better. Still not sold on the dark color. But the length is excellect. ;-)
                              I love the longer locks. I think my all time favourite is in early season 4...eg. Small Victories and WoO!! I loved that hair style!!
                              I do love the new longer hair in Atlantis too. I love the bangs...wish I had bangs like that!
                              And I do love the darker hair too...but if I had to choose my most favourite hair colour...then I would have to say I prefer the blonde over the dark......hair length...the long over the short...but that's just what I think.
                              I love the natural curl in her hair too...Amanda has beautiful hair. And the best smile in the world...IMHO!!
                              Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                              Just to beat a dead horse another time
                              Per Carter's promotion from Colonel to Brigadier General....see the following legal text defining the time-in-grade which says a Colonel must serve at least one year before being promoted.
                              Spoiler:
                              Even by 'real life' time, she's served this amount. (scroll to bottom for the fast read)
                              Spoiler:

§ 619. Eligibility for consideration for promotion: time-in-grade and other requirements (a) Time-in-Grade Requirements.—
                              (1) An officer who is on the active-duty list of the Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps and holds a permanent appointment in the grade of second lieutenant or first lieutenant or is on the active-duty list of the Navy and holds a permanent appointment in the grade of ensign or lieutenant (junior grade) may not be promoted to the next higher permanent grade until he has completed the following period of service in the grade in which he holds a permanent appointment:
                              (A) Eighteen months, in the case of an officer holding a permanent appointment in the grade of second lieutenant or ensign.
                              (B) Two years, in the case of an officer holding a permanent appointment in the grade of first lieutenant or lieutenant (junior grade), except that the minimum period of service in effect under this subparagraph before October 1, 2008, shall be eighteen months.
                              (2) Subject to paragraph (4), an officer who is on the active-duty list of the Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps and holds a permanent appointment in a grade above first lieutenant or is on the active-duty list of the Navy and holds a permanent appointment in a grade above lieutenant (junior grade) may not be considered for selection for promotion to the next higher permanent grade until he has completed the following period of service in the grade in which he holds a permanent appointment:
                              (A) Three years, in the case of an officer of the Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps holding a permanent appointment in the grade of captain, major, or lieutenant colonel or of an officer of the Navy holding a permanent appointment in the grade of lieutenant, lieutenant commander, or commander

(B) One year, in the case of an officer of the Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps holding a permanent appointment in the grade of colonel or brigadier general or of an officer of the Navy holding a permanent appointment in the grade of captain or rear admiral (lower half).
                              I've said my piece and will leave it in one....piece. Now, I leave in Peace!
                              Well....I love your piece...so Sam can be promoted to Brigadier General...yay!!
                              Of course even if she hadn't served the required time then I still think she deserves an early promotion...coz she's just that good!!!!
                              Hey! JM got penguiny goodness...
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ce-happenings/
                              Wonder where THAT came from...
                              *giggle*
                              Yay!!! WTG Jenni!!
                              I only sent Joe a penguin card with a pug bookmark in it...I thought I should send my army of little penguins to Rob and Brad...thinking they are likely to listen more.
                              Hehe...so the army is slowly making it's way to Canada!! Cool!!
                              I wonder what Amanda would think of MOP and all the little penguins??

Happy Birthday hisg1fans!!

Goodnight folks...hope you've all had a great day! Take care and have fun!!
                              (((Samandans)))
                              Last edited by Chelle DB; 22 July 2008, 04:14 AM. Reason: I just forgot a wee something!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                                Does anyone else have stories of real-life Sam Carters they've met or been friends with?
                                Good question. I can't say I've ever met anyone who exemplified in every aspect all that is our Samantha Carter. She's a very unique individual and realistically, I haven't found anyone to compare to her in totality.

I have met over the years different women who stood head and shoulders above others through varied personal trials and circumstances, stands they've made to better themselves or others and simple determination/toughness through out it all though. These women might have shined for an instant or for many long days or years, but I instantly recognized the personality of Sam in each of them at that instant and couldnt help but applaud them for it.

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                                Happy Birthday hisg1fans
                                Gah I'm late!

Hope you had an awesomely fantastic day hisg1fans!

Comment

Working...
                                X