Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
    Oh, both times? Coolness! So it was YOU I got my package from. I had mine with the first release, not the second, more recent one.
    i have no idea what he's doing with them now. Basically i sent out my last copy after i got back from AT3. Anything he's sold since is his baby. We copied and sold 150 copies of the movie
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
      hey guys- long time no see!

HAPPY B-DAY FROSTFOX!!!!
      Hey nice to see you! You don't mind if I just borrow that little birthday greeting and say DITTO!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
        You do know that the producers never meant that scene to be meant literally, right? That there was a deleted scene that explained in detail that Vala had only tricked him into thinking they had sex? Like her comment about her and Daniel having sex in Avalon and him being the father of her child, we were never supposed to think that she was actually a slut. She's way more talk than action, about everything in her life.
        OT:
        Spoiler:
        If the producers never meant it to be taken literally they should have left the deleted scene in. *You* think we weren't supposed to see her as a slut. I did. No one on Stargate (even Anise) was ever written that way. It's OOC for the entire franchise. And I'm not so sure TPTB didn't want her that way. It was "sexy" and "fun"

Shut up suse, shut up!!
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

they were just kids in a candy store and indulged themselves too much

vala's not really on topic here, not in depth discussion of her and her flaws or credits

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
            Now that's song's been around a....*cough*..long..*cough* time. I'm about to date myself and most of the 'kids' on this thread will not even know who I'm talking about but I used to listen to Ed Ames sing that song on my Mom's 75's..."albums". Yes, vinyl...LP's... She still has them too... Ha It's a great song!
            Who?

*runs*

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            i have no idea what he's doing with them now. Basically i sent out my last copy after i got back from AT3. Anything he's sold since is his baby. We copied and sold 150 copies of the movie
            I got mine from him many, many months before AT3. Why can't I remembr when?
            Jenni

Comment

they were just kids in a candy store and indulged themselves too much

vala's not really on topic here, not in depth discussion of her and her flaws or credits

<<sighs in relief at the appearance, if not usage of, the noodle>>
              <headdesk at self>>

On topic:
              Me Lurves Sam

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Who?

*runs*

*Is patient....can wait many days (a week maybe?) for paybacks can come around*
                sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Who?

*runs*

i could possibly look it up, if i were so inclined...but i'm not

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=jasminaGo;8595325]And I clearly remember a scene that went kinda like this

Sir, you did it again
                    Yes, off course...How did I do it this time?

I just don't remember which episode.

QUOTE]

It was Bane.

As for 200, in the "Brad Wright, Robert C. Cooper, & Jim Menard" commentary, RCC said Carter was originally Dorothy, but then he saw Vala's ponytail, so he switched the two roles.

He also mentioned that the scene was done because fans had sent in drawings in which Carter was Dorothy.

Comment

many moons ago, before youtube had to get rid of some stargate vids, there was a sam centric vid from the song 'stronger', by britney spears. does anyone know where that vid can be found now?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jz9 View Post

As for 200, in the "Brad Wright, Robert C. Cooper, & Jim Menard" commentary, RCC said Carter was originally Dorothy, but then he saw Vala's ponytail, so he switched the two roles.

He also mentioned that the scene was done because fans had sent in drawings in which Carter was Dorothy.

i have more to say, but i'll just

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

yes, well, let's not dwell

Sam will ALWAYS be dorothy to me, no matter how they flash stuff back

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Hey nice to see you! You don't mind if I just borrow that little birthday greeting and say DITTO!
                            No problemo! nice to see you too!
                            Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            many moons ago, before youtube had to get rid of some stargate vids, there was a sam centric vid from the song 'stronger', by britney spears. does anyone know where that vid can be found now?

sally
                            i think i remember that one... couldn't tell ya where to find it now, sadly.

to the stuff in bold: HERE HERE!

i think i'm gonna go to bed now.. or soon... can't decide which..... so goodnight everyone Sleep well
                            --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              That was exactly what I had heard. Did she discuss it during a commentary for another ep? One of those, "do you remember" moments? I seem to remember it being brought up as they were discussing an injury she received in another ep.
                              erm, I totally can't remember where I heard or read it before. Might have been commentary for another ep...sheesh wish I can say definitely. Anything and everything AT related I try and get my hands on, though afterwards I have zero total recall sometimes as to where I found it.

The Seed and Sam
                              Spoiler:
                              Totally and undeniably STILL the most horrible way to write out of existence a major and beloved character. The only mention of Sam was a brief two-liner between Keller and Teyla in the beginning...something along the lines of, "Cant believe Sam isnt coming back." Nothing was said as to why the IOA demoted her and no mention was made as to what Sam was reassigned to next...if anything. No explanation by Woosley personally either when he arrived in Atlantis...nothing!!

I changed some major plans tonight to make sure I would at least see the beginning of this ep because I have to admit I was dearly anticipating what, if anything, the PTB might do to redeem themselves concerning Sam after last week's botched ending. Just wish I handnt changed my plans now cos it totally wasnt worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                                Hmm...Me? Just kidding, Amanda right? Lucky you, what else happened? Oh and btw, no Amanda dream for me last night .
                                yeah me neither ....I dreamed I was famous though.....

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                                Ehm what are you guys talking about when discussing Stuck? I read some comment Amanda made and, out of respect for her, I don't watch that movie. That's also why I made an alternative to the (pages ago) Samandan TV scheduele . Unless you Samandans give your "blessing" to me seeing it. What scene is it? I'm 21 so, (this is mean without an insult) ya don't need to tell me the kids version of it.

Rocky, During every AT convention at the Rennaisance Hotel, I'm as close to Amanda as I'll ever be, the distance London-Tongeren included.

What do you think a series of "what ifs"

- What if there was a comedy with Amanda in it, and the other cast members were Samandans.
                                - What if there was a documentary: excursions with Amanda and her Fans. Which cities / Countries would we go to. (For practicle reasons, no traveling hotel costs, or airplane costs, just if the rule'd be: if everyone who participates in it would donate 10 bucks to Unicef or DWB (Doctors Without Borders, Médecins sans frontiers) we'd a ) have a great time with Amanda and b) we tried to make people happy (Unicef or MSF donation), so we'd have fun with an eased mind
                                - What if the next movie was partially shot in my town.
                                - What would Amanda say / do when we named one of our kids Amanda (If I ever have the change I do that)
                                What if....
                                I would but with my name being Amanda it would be weird, but if I ever found out what her middle name is.....

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                i've been playing some odd vids on youtube, and one of them is the song 'the impossible dream' from the stage play 'man of la mancha'. that song is awesome and so are the lyrics. when i looked up the lyrics, i realized how they could stand in for the entire of sg1. take a lookie...

To dream ... the impossible dream ...
                                To fight ... the unbeatable foe ...
                                To bear ... with unbearable sorrow ...
                                To run ... where the brave dare not go ...
                                To right ... the unrightable wrong ...
                                To love ... pure and chaste from afar ...
                                To try ... when your arms are too weary ...
                                To reach ... the unreachable star ...

This is my quest, to follow that star ...
                                No matter how hopeless, no matter how far ...
                                To fight for the right, without question or pause ...
                                To be willing to march into Hell, for a Heavenly cause ...

And I know if I'll only be true, to this glorious quest,
                                That my heart will lie will lie peaceful and calm,
                                when I'm laid to my rest ...
                                And the world will be better for this:
                                That one man, scorned and covered with scars,
                                Still strove, with his last ounce of courage,
                                To reach ... the unreachable star ...

the lyrics don't do this song justice enough, so here's the link for the vid i've been watching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZE4KGB6Wt4

i could see this song being used especially for teal'c, or the sam from 'the way' series.

sally
                                Wow that song takes me back, I used to sing that in my vocal classes it was one of my fave songs that we sung

yip, to me too
                                sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Working...
                                X