Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    there's a new martin gero interview on gateworld.
    http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/landmarks.shtml
    i like what he had to say here.
    spoilers for s5 atlantis -
    Spoiler:
    GW: What's it like writing for Woolsey this year?
    MG: I love Woolsey! I'm a big Woolsey fan. I was very vocal in my wanting Carter to come over and I think she was an incredible addition to the show last year. To be very honest we were really, really sad to see her go. It was a hard thing for, I think, both her and us to get our heads around.
    We definitely understand. It's tough doing something for 11 years, and I think given the opportunity to do something else, I think we all understand that and wish her nothing but the best. She'll be a presence in the show this year, too. Even in the episodes she's not in, she is referred to.

i especially liked:
    Spoiler:
    "She'll be a presence in the show this year, too. Even in the episodes she's not in, she is referred to."
    she might not be there, but she's not forgotten.

sally
    Loved it Sally...thank you for posting it here...that's IMHO,
    Spoiler:
    a much better way with dealing with a character who has been such an integral part of the franchise for so long...much better than just having her leave and never hearing a thing about her again...I do hope however that when she is mentioned, that it's all good stuff...nit that we hear something negative about her reason for returning to earth and not returning.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

<Snipped 4 length>

Oh hey...I have to admit that I tend to get wary and a wee bit nervous about mentioning anything about Amanda looking gaunt *I just don't like to point out other peoples imperfections and what not when I'm way from being anything near perfect myself if you know what I mean*...but she has on occasion looked just that...but...I have never seen her look ill from losing too much weight...unlike some Hollywood starlets...but Amanda seems to have been able to maintain her gorgeousness extremely well...and you know what...like every single human out there, so what if her weight goes up and down...mine tends to just go up...it doesn't like descending...ascension is so overrated!!!

<Snipped 4 length>
      hahaha brilliant....I think Daniel would agree with you there too

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Yes.

*pokes Spaz*

Or would this be more effective?

Spoiler:
      *lifts top*
      Oh that might work
      sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        Well you know what they say... it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

*shimmies*

Spoiler:

I'm so getting the noodle.
        Hooray for Neep and her...you get the idea

Heh, could be more alarming. One of my friends weighs about 90 pounds and would fit into children's tops easily, if it wasn't for the 32 D strapped onto a frame equivalent to that of an small 14-15 year old. And judging by an article I recently read on bra sizes, she's actually probably a 28 DD or even F, only those sizes are so rare that just tell her she's a 32
        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all good wishes and hugs for my Mum, we really appreciate it.

And I think Amanda has always looked healthy but the last three years she's blossomed!

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            Hey Everyone,
            Thanks for all good wishes and hugs for my Mum, we really appreciate it.
            And I think Amanda has always looked healthy but the last three years she's blossomed!
            Julia(samcarterrules)
            You know there's a saying that some folks are able to age gracefully...I think Amanda is doing just that...she just never seems to age per se...she's ageless!!

On that note...I'm going to love and leave you all tonight...I shall return in the moro!!!
            Take care my fellow Samandans...stay safe and have fun!!
            (((Samandans)))
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i think, since olivia, priorities have changed and she's not stressing over things that used to bug her.

what's that phrase she's used? more comfortable in my own skin?

there's more important things in life than what size clothing you wear
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                you lose weight in your boobs because all boobs are a good part fat. they have a certain amount of breast tissue, the rest is body fat. I lost weight and yeah, my boobs got smaller
                My contribution to the breasts conversation:

I went to a plastic surgeon for an evaluation after I lost 100 pounds. He was explaining the breast lift and told me he could do implants at the same time. I told him that my theory of body parts is smaller is better. He was a bit surprised to say the least.

I'm still obese, so my body image issues are huge. I just have to keep reminding myself that I've lost a lot of weight and am significantly healthier and that's what really counts. I'd love to lose another hundred pounds though.

Amanda was talking about the Arctic filming at AT3. You have to eat about 5000 calories a day because your body burns them to keep warm. She said something along the lines of "I'm an actress, and you're telling me I can eat? I'm so there."

I've read articles where she's talked about food and exercise, but it's always been about health as opposed to weight. It makes me sad that she has to focus on the weight as well because God forbid a woman have curves. Not that I didn't know weight had to be an issue as well.

It's ironic that one of the reasons for the rise of obesity may very well be this focus on being unnaturally thin. (No, Resurgamlaura, I'm not saying you're unnatural because you have the metabolism of a racehorse.)
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post

I went to a plastic surgeon for an evaluation after I lost 100 pounds. He was explaining the breast lift and told me he could do implants at the same time. I told him that my theory of body parts is smaller is better. He was a bit surprised to say the least.

I'm still obese, so my body image issues are huge. I just have to keep reminding myself that I've lost a lot of weight and am significantly healthier and that's what really counts. I'd love to lose another hundred pounds though.
                  As someone who is also struggling with weight (had to alter my diet to tackle another issue, eating more fruit and veg and have put weight on! ) I say CONGRATS! on the loss. Even if you have a long way to go every pound that comes of is a success.
                  sigpic

Comment

100 pounds?? Wow!!! Good for you.

And I made more icons for The Ultimate Sanctuary Icon Challenge. Again I'll post just the Helen ones here. They're from webisode 2.

(she's on the pic right??)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      And I made more icons for The Ultimate Sanctuary Icon Challenge. Again I'll post just the Helen ones here. They're from webisode 2.
                      <snip>
                      Beautiful icons.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        OT: College interview
                        Spoiler:

I had an interview at college today, to do a computing course, its not official yet as I haven't had the acceptance letter, but it looks like I'll be starting college in September!

More OT: My Mum
                        Spoiler:

My Mum got home from hospital and rehab, she is doing well at home. She still can't feel her legs but she is able to walk a little and has a wheelchair for going out or to her work. We and her doctors are still hopeful that some of the feeling will return eventually. Thank you all so much for all the prayers and thoughts, they really did help.

((((((((Samandns)))))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        Julia congrats on the college keeping my fingers crossed for you! I will also keep your mom in my prayers. I'm glad she is back home!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                          100 pounds?? Wow!!! Good for you.

(she's on the pic right??)

Great icons of Helen... I can't wait until October!!

Comment

that's one reason i like dr who...the brits don't have that 'the only worthy people are size 0's with 38 inch boobs' thing going on
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              that's one reason i like dr who...the brits don't have that 'the only worthy people are size 0's with 38 inch boobs' thing going on
                              Oh, come on, SG was never like that until S9... They tried with Anise/Freya, but they quickly realized their mistake...

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                                My contribution to the breasts conversation:

Amanda was talking about the Arctic filming at AT3. You have to eat about 5000 calories a day because your body burns them to keep warm. She said something along the lines of "I'm an actress, and you're telling me I can eat? I'm so there."

I've read articles where she's talked about food and exercise, but it's always been about health as opposed to weight. It makes me sad that she has to focus on the weight as well because God forbid a woman have curves. Not that I didn't know weight had to be an issue as well.

It's ironic that one of the reasons for the rise of obesity may very well be this focus on being unnaturally thin. (No, Resurgamlaura, I'm not saying you're unnatural because you have the metabolism of a racehorse.)
                                I love ya no matter what. You know that, right?

The more pressure you put on people to do something, more often than not the reverse happens, especially if there are less usual circumstances involved. If you for example are on certain meds for depression, they lead to weight gain and lethargy. The person may then feel fat and unhealthy by social standards, and will then feel even worse. And if they didn't have a great relationship with food to begin with...yeah. Horrid vicious depressing circle, which I've seen a few times.

Heh. I know my metabolism, relationship to food, overall diet, body shape and image are part genetic and part inherited behaviour, so I'm aware that my family is unusual, but not unnatural.
                                sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Working...
                                X