X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam
    AND THE VID IS UP!!!!!
    http://www.geocities.com/popcornsamo/P3X-717.html

Go there, then follow the link "Vid of Amanda's Big Win!" Click on the pic, and you're there!!!
    Thank you so much for letting us see the vid of Amanda. It's wonderful! I always love how Amanda comes across as such a genuinely nice person. It's also great to see how happy she is, especially with baby Olivia. She has such an infectuous smile, and now I have a big smile on my face!
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you so..so..so much for the Leo awards video of Amanda and the photos from it. I didn't like her hair in the first two photos of her actually receiving her award, but she did look good in these close ups. But I really think the busy hairdo takes attention away from her beautiful face. She doesn't need all the curls to be attractive. I wish the TPTB would let her grow her hair longer, that way she could wear it up while at work and in uniform, and wear it down for off-duty scenes.

Comment

Hey everyone!!!!

Guess what everyone!?!?!?

It was 4 YEARS AGO TODAY! That I first met Amanda!!!!!

At this very hour, 4 years ago, I was standing on set of Sg-1, watching RDA try and do a walking scene.... I wondered why he kept messing up, I mean, it's walking! Then I got a funny idea... I walked back slightly, out of his line of sight... BOOM, he got it right!!!

I was 'distracting' him too much

*Walks off in a daze of remembering that fateful day*

*sigh*

*is very happy today*

I'm glad those who got the vid liked it Unfortunately, my site is STILL down, at least for me....
        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          I come bearing fic...
          Pilgrim Soul by annaK. Great little Sam/Team fic. Go read now!
          Wow...that was some *heavy* angst - but beautifully written! Thanks for the rec, AD!

And to everyone who hasn't had a chance to watch MajorSam's video clip from the Leos - keep trying to get through - it's worth it! MajorSam did a great job of getting the vid onto the net - and it's just great to see AT smiling and laughing.

I loved what she said about having a child... something along the lines of 'everyone tells you that having a child is life altering... and you think, yeah, yeah... and then you have a kid... AND IT'S LIFE ALTERING... and you think WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?' .. she says this so well, and with such honesty - it's too bad that the interviewers interrupted her at that point and asked her something else.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

I loved what she said about having a child... something along the lines of 'everyone tells you that having a child is life altering... and you think, yeah, yeah... and then you have a kid... AND IT'S LIFE ALTERING... and you think WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?' .. she says this so well, and with such honesty - it's too bad that the interviewers interrupted her at that point and asked her something else.
            How about a transcript?

Pretty please, with Jell-O on top?
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Wow...that was some *heavy* angst - but beautifully written! Thanks for the rec, AD!

And to everyone who hasn't had a chance to watch MajorSam's video clip from the Leos - keep trying to get through - it's worth it! MajorSam did a great job of getting the vid onto the net - and it's just great to see AT smiling and laughing.

Hi there, could you do me a really big favour and post here what Amanda said on the interview
              as i did managed to down load it to my pc but because my pc (second hand) did not have speakers i could'nt hear what Amanda says!

Sorry to be a pain but daft as it sounds i'm still learning my way around my pc and was really pleased with myself for dl the link untill i tried to listen to it!
              ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                Thank you so much for letting us see the vid of Amanda. It's wonderful! I always love how Amanda comes across as such a genuinely nice person. It's also great to see how happy she is, especially with baby Olivia. She has such an infectuous smile, and now I have a big smile on my face!
                You lucked out, because the site is down again.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Thank you MajorSam! Way cool...Oh, and I've changed my mind about her hairstyle. I didn't think it was becoming from the earlier pics I saw...but these show how really pretty the hairstyle is I think. Just MHO, but those other shots didn't do her hairstyle any justice...

And here are some screen caps for your viewing pleasure:

OK, several folks asked for a transcript of MajorSal's video clip of AT at the Leos... Now I didn't have time to get it all transcribed before I have to leave for an appointment, but here's what I had time to get down:

Amanda’s Leo Award for Threads

Clip starts with a short piece from the other nominee’s (Erin Karpluk) submitted work (something about the actresses character having trouble clearing her ears!) from Godiva’s “Begin It Now” “Ooohh! Oh, wow! (sounds like she’s having good sex to me) My ears just popped. Finally! (and the guy with her looks really concerned… Looks like they are sitting next to each other in a bedroom – but not ‘in bed’)

Then there’s a title shot
                  ‘Amanda Tapping
                  Stargate SG-1
                  “Threads”

Clip is the scene of Carter and O’Neill in the observation area above Jacob’s bed.
                  “Thank You, Sir.”
                  “For what?”
                  “For being here for me”
                  (The clip is *very* short)

And the Leo goes to… Amanda Tapping, Stargate SG-1, Threads

Amanda is on stage, in front of the microphone and with the award in her hand (and it looks heavy to me)

AT: “Wow… I gotta build a shelf.. or something… Thanks You Walter Duroush (sp?) and Sonny Wong for giving me… stuff… to show for nine years on an incredible series… you know, besides the house and the car…”

AT is now backstage with two interviewers from the show

Female Interviewer (FI) holds up what looks like a white pamphlet… it says “Leo Awards” across the top, and is apparently something like a formal certificate to go along with the trophy that AT is still holding.

FI: OK, When you win your Leo Award, not only do you get the beautiful statue, but you get one of these, and it’s just like… do you all remember we did ‘participaktion’ (I deliberately spelled it this way to emphasis how she said the word) in elementary school (AT laughs at this… she apparently ‘gets it’)? We all get top honors in our categories…

Male Interviewer (MI): pointing at the words on the front of the ‘certificate’: “Amanda Tapping has received top honors…

FI: In Stargate SG-1… congratulations… (and she turns back to AT who is waiting patiently)

AT: (laughing) Thank you, very much.

MI: This is your second year, right?
                  AT: Second year in a row that I’ve won, this is my third Leo, actually… not to boast or anything..

MI: (comes in over the top of the end of AT’s last sentence): So have you run out of things to say on stage now… Do you thank the same people… What do you do…?

AT: I do!.. I say the same thing over and over again…

MI: You’re getting good at it!

AT: I am…! (big smile) And I’m more practiced at it this year than ever before….No, I was really nervous this year, because I didn’t expect to win…. ‘cuz they only had two people nominated…. and I thought, well, they’ve just thrown my name in, ‘cuz I always get nominated…it’s just the thing…

FI: (hard to make out she said because she started speaking over the top of AT’s last words and the male interview tried to say something at the same time… so all three of them were talking for a moment): Well, it’s at least a 50-50

MI: It’s a Leo tradition (I think he’s referring to AT getting nominated)

AT: 50-50…exactly, it’s a Leo tradition – throw Amanda’s name in there….

FI: Now another congratulations is in order, because you just had a baby…

AT: I just had a baby… little Olivia…. um, she’s 2 months old…

MI: A nice name! (and he says it like ‘awww, that’s sooo cute)

AT: Yeah, she’s awesome.

MI: Uh, how is that? That’s cool isn’t it?

AT: It’s amazing.

MI: I know, it’s hard to describe to people, I have a child

AT: Yeah, yeah, you people keep saying ‘It’s life transforming’, and you go ‘Yeah, yeah, whatever, and then it happens and you go ‘Oh My God, It’s Life Transforming!...(the MI chimes in and choruses “It’s Life Transforming” with AT)… AT continues without missing a beat: Nobody Told Me!’

FI: (cuts in over the top of AT last words and what the MI is trying to say): Now you’re back at work and I know a lot of people, uh, take a little bit of time off, not yourself, you took off a few weeks, and now you’re good-to-go, How does one balance being in a series like Stargate and having a newborn like Olivia-?” (The male interviewer started talking over the female interview right here) MI: Do you think…? (and his words were to difficult to make out over the female interviewer’s words). FI: Look at her face – she’s looking great, though…
                  AT: I am, it’s like this (and she crosses her eyes)

MI: Does Olivia come on the set?

AT: Olivia comes with me to work every day, and it’s a balancing act…it’s like, you know, you’re breast feeding and (she puts her finger in her mouth and pops it out against her cheek to make a ‘popping sound’… like a baby getting pulled away from mom’s breast)… and I gotta go save the world from aliens…. and you run to set

MI: So, can we see that one more…

And AT knows exactly what he wants, and she pops her finger in her mouth and and makes that popping sound again.

MI: Okay, okay… (both the male and female interviewers are laughing)

AT makes a hand gesture like she handing her baby from her breast off to someone else. “Yeah”

MI: Wow.

FI: And you don’t need a sound effects artist on Stargate, because they have Amanda!”

AT: (chimes in over the FI’s last words): because they have me, breast feeding, on set…

MI: Very nice. Uh, you guys are taping right now, aren’t you?
                  AT: Yeah we are
                  MI: Are you shooting right now? (AT and the MI's words are overlapping here)

...and that's where I had to stop... there's still about 45 seconds left out of the 3min25sec total clip...

Comment

OK, several folks asked for a transcript of MajorSal's video clip of AT at the Leos... Now I didn't have time to get it all transcribed before I have to leave for an appointment, but here's what I had time to get down:....

...and that's where I had to stop... there's still about 45 seconds left out of the 3min25sec total clip...
                    Great--thanks! I look forward to the last 45 seconds when you get a chance. I couldn't get to the site & I don't think I'd get it to load on my computer in any case. With the pictures and transcript it's almost as good as viewing it.
                    Blue jello for you!

Comment

My pleasure!

By the way everyone, what are the 3 things I keep reminding you all about?!??

1. Vote for Amanda at syfyportal.com

http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php

2. SEND ME YOUR PICTURES! Body shots please, casual dress...yadda yadda...just for our use...blah blah blah...

3. Get your Blue Jello this week! MajorSam and I are working with SEVERAL other AT/Sam fansites...IT'S NOT JUST US!...and we are considering who the best target, I mean, recipient should be of the blue deluge... And write your notes! Make them friendly and let them know how much you appreciate AT/SAM!

This is not a request people...it is an order! Am I understood?!??

(salutes) Yes sir! Will buy many boxes of blue Jello immediately, sir. Then you have to tell me what to do with them. Too bad we can't send tptb a mold of AT in blue Jello!

As for a pic, I'm not really a member of Samanda, and I don't think I have recent pic, full body, of me. There ain't much body anyway.

And yes sir, have been voting for AT EVERYDAY!

Comment

ROTFLOL! Thanks so much for posting that 1speed! Love your humor!
                        ROTFLOL! Great post, tsaxlady - thanks for sharing this with us!
                        Hey, who said anything about it being humour? It's all true, I tell you...

And my thanks to tsaxlady too - great story, yet another example of our Queen's sheer class.

Thanks also to MajorSam for posting the vid - I tried to download it, but then the Pop-Up Police leapt into action and ordered me to put the download down and back away slowly, so I did. Guess I'll just have to make do with the screen caps and transcript - thanks Uber.

1s4S

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                          (salutes) Yes sir! Will buy many boxes of blue Jello immediately, sir. Then you have to tell me what to do with them. Too bad we can't send tptb a mold of AT in blue Jello!

As for a pic, I'm not really a member of Samanda, and I don't think I have recent pic, full body, of me. There ain't much body anyway.

And yes sir, have been voting for AT EVERYDAY!
                          That's a poor excuse! NONE of us have much body ANYWAY! And if you post on Samanda, then you ARE a Samandan! SO SNAP TO!

As for OPERATION: BLUE JELLO, orders for Jello deployment will be forthcoming...be at the ready!

btw, for the record, I'm a ma'am...not a sir! But the respect is appreciated nonetheless...

Carry on!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

OK, several folks asked for a transcript of MajorSal's video clip of AT at the Leos... Now I didn't have time to get it all transcribed before I have to leave for an appointment, but here's what I had time to get down:

Amanda’s Leo Award for Threads

<snippety doo da...>
                            And congrats on being post 8800 and for making my screen caps part of this momentous occasion.

(Post WHAT?!???!? How did it get so high so fast???)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Samo! Love the clip! Thanks again for being so cool!

Yep... I had it up to *here* with those interviewers and their interruptions, that's for sure, but she was still able to get a word in, so they are forgiven.

Maybe this proves the theory that the lack of interviews has been a decision made by Amanda? She probably couldn't avoid the backstage interview without raising a few eyebrows, and probably didn't need to do so.

I'm hoping that, by mid-June, they have an all-new trailer that has ALL of the characters (not just Mitchell, Vala, Landry, and Daniel) and some new interviews that feature those who are missing.

Comment

That's a poor excuse! NONE of us have much body ANYWAY! And if you post on Samanda, then you ARE a Samandan! SO SNAP TO!

As for OPERATION: BLUE JELLO, orders for Jello deployment will be forthcoming...be at the ready!

btw, for the record, I'm a ma'am...not a sir! But the respect is appreciated nonetheless...

Carry on!

My, but you're feeling forceful today! Good for you. You know I believe in people always saying what's on their minds.

Photo: I will find one as soon as I get up from the computer, and I will scan it in tomorrow morning. You will have it sometime tomorrow, ma'am!

Voting: I've been doing it every day, including today, ma'am!!!

Blue Jello: Bought and waiting on kitchen counter for deployment. Polite appreciation note written. Awaiting further instructions, ma'am!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X