Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by majorsal
    (editing to add what the name of the mag is: 'SFX', # 132, article by thomasina gibson)

    this 'might' be the interview that bink was talking about? anyhoo, i just read a new interview with amanda (and others). i got the links off another forum. it's split up into three (four counting the first page pic of mitchell which i left out).

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/SFX132-2.jpg

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/SFX132-3.jpg

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/SFX132-4.jpg


    i typed out amanda's part:


    spoilers for s9

    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1
    1


    One shining star who will be returning to the Stargate firmament is Amanda Tapping (aka Olivia's mum) as Colonel Sam Carter. Tapping has taken six weeks off to get to know the precious addition to her clan but rest assured, Carter returns to help save the day when the bad guys look set to take over and the good ol' boys need a bit of help to protect the Earth. "When Mitchell arrives there is no SG-1," says Kindler, "Everyone is scattered to the four winds and Mitchell has to bring the band back together again. Carter will return once the threat of the bad guys becomes obvious and it becomes evident that she is needed to continue the fight."

    Amanda Tapping is relishing the time she's spending at home with her new baby and is looking forward to returning to work. "Being a mother is all that I thought it could be and more and Olivia is totally, totally beautiful, although I might be biased," she grins. "There is no way that i could leave her for any length of time so we've come up with what we hope is the perfect solution. We have an on-set nanny and Olivia will be with me at work. That way I get to stay part of the Stargate family and Olivia enjoys the benefit of an immediately extended family."



    ~~~





    sally

    Wow another interview with Amanda and i'm feeling sooo much better now that we've heard from her!
    Looks like the drought is over where Amanda is concerned!
    ......TARA......

    Comment


      Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Dear Royal Security Guard

      I am so excited to know that your indoctrination has begun in earnest. Seeing our Queen in Emancipation and Broca Divide has surely cemented your loyalty, albeit having to view said episodes under periods of duress because of Royal Accountant's insistence on the restraints and distractions.

      As to sharing images of the RA with the local populace, methinks that may have been stepping into the abyss. The Bean Counter usually requires that all Samandan photographs first be autographed (even those of the Court and not just the Queen) and then be distributed via a communication outlet called the Royal eBay which has managed to turn quite a profit for the kingdom! I could imagine her shock when you mentioned that you had casually used one of her pictures without her having autographed it first.

      On the subject of photographs, I sincerely hope that you have provided our Royal Photographer with something of substance and not just your knobblies. By the way, wasn't that a splendid pair of knobblies on our own Strix? I was disappointed, though, that we did not see Murray at all at the Jaffa Gate.

      'Tis good to know that our Royal Accountant can provide her guests with ample food whilst enjoying the tales of the Stargate. I am certain that the Royal Liquor Cabinet added to the conviviality. (Psst ... methinks she uses the sloe gin in the bolognese meat sauce.)

      Keep up the good viewing habits and continue to report on your education of the Gate.

      Cordially,

      Jester
      My Dearest Jester,

      I am pleased to report that my excitement at seeing our Queen in all Her glory (well, almost all… ) was in no way diminished by the Royal Accountant’s attempts to divert my attention – she’ll just have to try harder in future.

      As for the Royal Accountant’s reaction to my unauthorised circulation of her image, I had no idea this was due to fiscal concerns - I thought it was simply because she perceived her cheeks to possess pronounced hamster-like qualities in the photograph in question. I have tried to assure her that this is not the case, but you know what she’s like.

      But I must not say too much - I have entrusted the Royal Accountant with providing an image of myself for inclusion in the Royal Photographer’s masterpiece, and fear she may wreak further revenge by choosing a particularly unflattering one (which would be most of them, to be perfectly honest). Maybe I should just appear as a mysterious pair of immense knobblies?

      On the subject of which, I was delighted to see our very own Strix following in my footsteps (maybe this could develop into a special Samandan greeting – “And the Faithful shall know each other at the sight of their knobblies”?). A splendid set indeed, and so much cleaner than mine – I regret to say that due to an unfortunate drought affecting the hot water supply at the Royal Accountant’s abode, it was not possible for me to clean them properly before our Queen made her appearance on Saturday (not even with assistance from the large and spirited dog).

      And I can assure you that the Royal Liquor Cabinet remained untouched throughout Saturday afternoon, partly because I had to drive home afterwards, but also because it is presently obstructed by a wall of rucksacks and other outdoor equipment. It would require a person experienced in climbing techniques to scale these obstacles in order to purloin any of the contents. And where would we find such a person… ah, yes, of course - The Royal Accountant herself. Silly me… But the thought that the octane rating of the Bolognese sauce might have been improved with sloe gin had not crossed my mind – I simply put my headache down to the after-effects of our The First Commandment moment.

      Until next time,

      1s4S

      Comment


        Originally posted by Atteria
        I don't want to start anything, I just have a question. I know a great many of you are from the UK, so you didn't see the trailers for the new season, but last night, on SciFi Stargate Monday, they ran the season 9 trailer several times and one line just stuck in my thraot. BB states the Col. Mitchell is being brought in to "get the team back together again". Say what? Sam is in charge of SG-1 and it seemed to be together to me. Am I missing something? I know AT did take maternity leave, but I was assuming the tptb would explain her absence as either "personal" (a girl can dream) or service related.

        Am I getting angry or upset for nothing????
        Hi Atteria,

        MayorSal posted an interview where they explain.

        Originally posted by majorsal

        One shining star who will be returning to the Stargate firmament is Amanda Tapping (aka Olivia's mum) as Colonel Sam Carter. Tapping has taken six weeks off to get to know the precious addition to her clan but rest assured, Carter returns to help save the day when the bad guys look set to take over and the good ol' boys need a bit of help to protect the Earth. "When Mitchell arrives there is no SG-1," says Kindler, "Everyone is scattered to the four winds and Mitchell has to bring the band back together again. Carter will return once the threat of the bad guys becomes obvious and it becomes evident that she is needed to continue the fight."
        Amanda Tapping is relishing the time she's spending at home with her new baby and is looking forward to returning to work. "Being a mother is all that I thought it could be and more and Olivia is totally, totally beautiful, although I might be biased," she grins. "There is no way that i could leave her for any length of time so we've come up with what we hope is the perfect solution. We have an on-set nanny and Olivia will be with me at work. That way I get to stay part of the Stargate family and Olivia enjoys the benefit of an immediately extended family."
        As Dancer of Spaz says, they can't live without her... I love the idea of how they justify that she won't be in the first eps.

        Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

        Comment


          Originally posted by tsaxlady
          School is out for the summer so it leaves a little time for fun and games!


          By the way I have added some pictures to my Vancouver Con Prop Museum Gallery
          Wow! Where is this tsaxlady? (It looks like big fun!)

          Comment


            Originally posted by majorsal
            (editing to add what the name of the mag is: 'SFX', # 132, article by thomasina gibson)

            this 'might' be the interview that bink was talking about? anyhoo, i just read a new interview with amanda (and others). i got the links off another forum. it's split up into three (four counting the first page pic of mitchell which i left out).

            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/SFX132-2.jpg

            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/SFX132-3.jpg

            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/SFX132-4.jpg


            i typed out amanda's part:


            spoilers for s9

            1
            1
            1
            1
            1
            1
            1
            1
            1
            1
            1
            1
            1
            1
            1
            1
            1


            One shining star who will be returning to the Stargate firmament is Amanda Tapping (aka Olivia's mum) as Colonel Sam Carter. Tapping has taken six weeks off to get to know the precious addition to her clan but rest assured, Carter returns to help save the day when the bad guys look set to take over and the good ol' boys need a bit of help to protect the Earth. "When Mitchell arrives there is no SG-1," says Kindler, "Everyone is scattered to the four winds and Mitchell has to bring the band back together again. Carter will return once the threat of the bad guys becomes obvious and it becomes evident that she is needed to continue the fight."

            Amanda Tapping is relishing the time she's spending at home with her new baby and is looking forward to returning to work. "Being a mother is all that I thought it could be and more and Olivia is totally, totally beautiful, although I might be biased," she grins. "There is no way that i could leave her for any length of time so we've come up with what we hope is the perfect solution. We have an on-set nanny and Olivia will be with me at work. That way I get to stay part of the Stargate family and Olivia enjoys the benefit of an immediately extended family."



            ~~~





            sally
            Thanks for posting the AT portion, Sally!
            Since I can't rep you, here's some Royal Blue


            And just a reminder for everyone to vote today (and every day) for AT
            http://www.syfyportal.com/
            Last edited by astrogeologist; 07 June 2005, 10:32 AM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              I would just make an observation after watching The Fifth Man again tonight...

              How cool was it to watch Sam being interrogated by Simmons? How she wasn't intimidated for even a second and even took a shot at him for his online activity...exposing his agenda to fish for anything that could hurt SG-1.

              Way to go Sam!
              Cool indeed. I love the way she glared at him. I also loved how she broke into the computer files when they cancelled her password. Daniel says something like: "So you can't get in." and Sam says: "I didn't say *that*."

              Comment


                Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                In regards to the article...

                Kindler said: “'Carter will return once the threat of the bad guys becomes obvious and it becomes evident that she is needed to fight.'”

                Tapping said: "'Being a mother is all that I thought it could be and more and Olivia is totally, totally beautiful, although I might be biased,' she grins. 'There is no way that I could leave her for any length of time so we’ve come up with what we hope is the perfect solution. We have an on-set nanny and Olivia will be with me at work. That way I get to stay part of the Stargate family and Olivia enjoys the benefit of an immediately extended family.'”
                This info and AT's Leo interview make me feel a bit better about the S9 situation. that they're working with her on the baby situation seems to indicate that TPTB do value her. As they should. But I'm still doing the blue jello letter.
                I'm thinking that it might be safer to send the empty boxes (virtual jello), perhaps taped to the letter, rather than the actual jello. (9/11 fears on both sides of the border). I stand waiting for orders and the address. (Salutes.)
                Do we have a special salute of Samanda so members will know each other should they meet (other than by knobblies)?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by jckfan55
                  This info and AT's Leo interview make me feel a bit better about the S9 situation. that they're working with her on the baby situation seems to indicate that TPTB do value her. As they should. But I'm still doing the blue jello letter.
                  I'm thinking that it might be safer to send the empty boxes (virtual jello), perhaps taped to the letter, rather than the actual jello. (9/11 fears on both sides of the border). I stand waiting for orders and the address. (Salutes.)
                  Do we have a special salute of Samanda so members will know each other should they meet (other than by knobblies)?
                  (returns salute)

                  You send whatever you feel comfortable with...just as long as there is clear reference to blue jello.

                  For me, I will be sending out 10 boxes...SEALED, of course...to the target PTBs.

                  ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    Wow! Where is this tsaxlady? (It looks like big fun!)

                    This picture was taken at Great America in Santa Clara, CA. I took my middle school band there to perform May 21st. On the way to lunch as we were passing the Skyflyer ride one of the parents said I don't know anyone crazy enough to do that, I said looks like fun to me. At which point one of the students piped up "Hey Ms. A. we would love to see you do that" The parent I had been talking to said "I'll pay for it if you will go on the ride." I said okay - he regestered me for the ride and a group of my students gathered around to watch - so in fun I decided the "Superman" pose would be best as I flew over them - one of the parents took the picture.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by tsaxlady

                      This picture was taken at Great America in Santa Clara, CA. I took my middle school band there to perform May 21st. On the way to lunch as we were passing the Skyflyer ride one of the parents said I don't know anyone crazy enough to do that, I said looks like fun to me. At which point one of the students piped up "Hey Ms. A. we would love to see you do that" The parent I had been talking to said "I'll pay for it if you will go on the ride." I said okay - he regestered me for the ride and a group of my students gathered around to watch - so in fun I decided the "Superman" pose would be best as I flew over them - one of the parents took the picture.
                      Might I suggest the title of ROYAL SUPERHEROINE????

                      ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by tsaxlady

                        This picture was taken at Great America in Santa Clara, CA. I took my middle school band there to perform May 21st. On the way to lunch as we were passing the Skyflyer ride one of the parents said I don't know anyone crazy enough to do that, I said looks like fun to me. At which point one of the students piped up "Hey Ms. A. we would love to see you do that" The parent I had been talking to said "I'll pay for it if you will go on the ride." I said okay - he regestered me for the ride and a group of my students gathered around to watch - so in fun I decided the "Superman" pose would be best as I flew over them - one of the parents took the picture.
                        The Skyflyer Ride was not there the last time that I was at Great America! I'm jealous! And impressed - you've got spunk tsaxlady - good for you for doing that for your students! You Go Girl!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Madam Vice President

                          May we add to your present title with the appropriate Couples Counselor as requested? Or perhaps just Royal Counselor?

                          What say, oh yea? I am retiring for the evening but will read your answer and make the necessary changes before Keeper's final deadline this coming weekend.

                          Cheers!

                          Jester
                          Holy Hannah!!! The Keeper's final deadline is upon us so soon?? I still haven't finished all the royal banners or sent in my submission to the book. GOOD GRIEF!! Where has the time gone!!! Well hopefully I'll be able to get something put together before then. Unfortunately my husband is out of town yet again and I've been bogged down this week dealing with landscapers and chimney repair people and to top things off, my ips has been acting up the past few days and the earliest they can get someone out here to fix the problem is Friday

                          I wouldn't even be here now except I've illegally piggybacked a ride on the internet from one of my unsuspecting neighbors. I know it's very very wrong and unbecoming of a loyal citizen of Samanda, but I haven't had much time to read the posts for nearly a week now and I don't think I could handle another four or five days without a moment with my beloved Samanda!

                          Wish me luck that my internet connection is fixed soon and that I can get my submission in on time.

                          Kat

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            Let me see what my feeble mind has...

                            Sam/Anubis... yipes.
                            Sam/Ba'al... creepy.
                            Sam/Daniel... metaphorical incest.
                            Sam/Faxon... out of his league.
                            Sam/Fifth... weird and pathetic.
                            Sam/Jack... ahem... heh.
                            Sam/Janet... not gonna happen.
                            Sam/Jonas... just plain awkward.
                            Sam/McKay... hilarious.
                            Sam/Narim... old school.
                            Sam/Pete... really sad.
                            Sam/Teal'c... see "Sam/Daniel," thought it's a bit more acceptable.
                            Sam/Thor... wow... just wow. Can anyone say beastiality?
                            I think I got them all, but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed a few... sheesh.
                            You forgot

                            Sam/Orlin
                            Sam/Hanson
                            Sam/Barrett
                            Sam/Corso
                            Sam/Martouf
                            Sam/Lantash
                            Sam/Graham

                            Man, Sam really has a following doesn't she??

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              You forgot

                              Sam/Orlin
                              Sam/Hanson
                              Sam/Barrett
                              Sam/Corso
                              Sam/Martouf
                              Sam/Lantash
                              Sam/Graham

                              Man, Sam really has a following doesn't she??
                              Egad! How could I have forgotten those?!?! Sheesh, you're right. That woman...

                              Nah, I definitely should have remembered all of those, with the exception of the rat, Corso, though I must admit that he was VERY attractive.

                              Jeez... I still can't believe I didn't remember Sam/Barrett or Sam/Martouf. I think there's just about ever letter of the alphabet in that list!
                              Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 07 June 2005, 02:12 PM.

                              Comment


                                I just finished reading Sky's Phoenix Trilogy Fini, Primodium and Natus.

                                HOLY HANNAH!!!

                                I don't think I have cried so much after reading a fic in all my short lived fandom life. I was literally weeping like a blubbering baby by the end of the last story. I absolutely love UA stories and this has got to be one of the best I have read.

                                If you don't like the ultimate in tragedy, don't read it but if you have a strong heart and you can handle lots and lots and LOTS of death, please do not let this story go unread.

                                Sky! I'm at a lost for words. Wow. I loved it!
                                I've never really come across a symbiote character outside of Selmac that I have cared so deeply about, but you changed all that with Talya...and the little twist at the end... gasp... *still crying*.


                                Kat

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X