No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the sun out yet in Samanda? I’ve been lurking the past few days, and it seems like it’s been dark and cloudy almost every time I check in. I know the hiatus is always hard, with no new episodes to chew on and discuss, and it’s doubly hard this year with almost no news about Sam/Amanda. We’re predictably anxious about what the new season has in store for our favorite character, with all the changes that we know are coming, and we’re worried about what those changes will mean for Sam.

Having said that, do we have to assume the worst? We’re taking the lack of information to mean bad things, and of course that is possible, but it doesn’t have to be that way. There can be lots of reasons for the shortage of Carter news. I understand the mental strategy of assuming the worst case scenario, so that any thing else will look good by comparison. I’ve used it myself on occasion. But for the next season of SG1, I’m in a wait and see frame of mind. I’m not being a wide eyed optimist, but we just don’t know what’s going to happen. I’m going to come down on the side of trusting TPTB and Amanda with protecting the character that they have created. I know that some of you (and me) have not been particularly fond of the way they’ve treated her on occasion lately, but I’ll ask you to do this: Name one other female character in a current tv show that you like and admire as much, even with the problems of the last couple of seasons. Go ahead, I’ll wait. (hums theme song from Jeopardy )

Ok, any takers? I know I couldn’t come up with any.

My point, belabored as it is, is that I don’t think that we should give up on TPTB and Amanda yet. They’ve done a good job for the most part with the character and I for one am willing to believe that they’ll continue to do so in the future.

NC

Comment

What kind of tree would sam be???

A willow. it looks all soft and sweet and is rather unassuming

its long, downdrooping branches give shelter to various creatures

but since it bends, it can weather and withstand a storm that will crush a 'stronger' tree
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        too much. in my opinion.

i'm just going to send a postcard on this date, instead of blue jello.

sally
        Kidding! I was TOTALLY kidding!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          What kind of tree would sam be???

A willow. it looks all soft and sweet and is rather unassuming

its long, downdrooping branches give shelter to various creatures

but since it bends, it can weather and withstand a storm that will crush a 'stronger' tree
          Yes! Willow it is -

The seasoned wood of some willows is so strong it's cut to shape and hollowed out to make the soundboxes of wire-strung Irish harps, where it may hold half a ton of tension from the strings of a 5-octave harp. All wire strung harps have an exotic tone, like bells, but a willow soundbox gives an extra brilliance and clarity to the bell-like tone. Sam's like that, taking unlikely, common and disparate elements and applying science to make something brilliant and utterly unexpected.
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Caption
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
              Is the sun out yet in Samanda? I’ve been lurking the past few days, and it seems like it’s been dark and cloudy almost every time I check in. I know the hiatus is always hard, with no new episodes to chew on and discuss, and it’s doubly hard this year with almost no news about Sam/Amanda. We’re predictably anxious about what the new season has in store for our favorite character, with all the changes that we know are coming, and we’re worried about what those changes will mean for Sam.

Having said that, do we have to assume the worst? We’re taking the lack of information to mean bad things, and of course that is possible, but it doesn’t have to be that way. There can be lots of reasons for the shortage of Carter news. I understand the mental strategy of assuming the worst case scenario, so that any thing else will look good by comparison. I’ve used it myself on occasion. But for the next season of SG1, I’m in a wait and see frame of mind. I’m not being a wide eyed optimist, but we just don’t know what’s going to happen. I’m going to come down on the side of trusting TPTB and Amanda with protecting the character that they have created. I know that some of you (and me) have not been particularly fond of the way they’ve treated her on occasion lately, but I’ll ask you to do this: Name one other female character in a current tv show that you like and admire as much, even with the problems of the last couple of seasons. Go ahead, I’ll wait. (hums theme song from Jeopardy )

Ok, any takers? I know I couldn’t come up with any.

My point, belabored as it is, is that I don’t think that we should give up on TPTB and Amanda yet. They’ve done a good job for the most part with the character and I for one am willing to believe that they’ll continue to do so in the future.

NC
              I'm very new here, so my opinion doesn't count for much, but I'm NOT giving up on AT/SC, or TPTB. I love SG-1 and have since it first aired on Showtime. As for the character the writers scripted for AT, she made Carter her own, and she did a fantastic job. I doubt TPTB will not continue to use AT to her fullest abilities, as they would be fools to waste such an important resource. She MADE Carter come alive to us. I guess that's it, it's late. I've just watched both SG-1 and SGA twice and I'm getting sleepy. I just had to put in my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                I'm very new here, so my opinion doesn't count for much, but I'm NOT giving up on AT/SC, or TPTB. I love SG-1 and have since it first aired on Showtime. As for the character the writers scripted for AT, she made Carter her own, and she did a fantastic job. I doubt TPTB will not continue to use AT to her fullest abilities, as they would be fools to waste such an important resource. She MADE Carter come alive to us. I guess that's it, it's late. I've just watched both SG-1 and SGA twice and I'm getting sleepy. I just had to put in my 2 cents.
                Hey Atteria new or not your opinion is just as valuable as anyone elses.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  Caption
                  (daniel thinking) 'My, gawd... the next time we go out for pizza night... standing between these two garlic lovers is killing me!'

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey Atteria new or not your opinion is just as valuable as anyone elses.
                    Thank you tsaxlady. I just feel like you all know each other, and I'm getting the impression that something happened this week, I hope no one is ill.

But the sun is coming back out, I can feel it. It's June 4th...July is just a kiss away.

If you want to smile, just take a moment and picture AT sitting in a rocking chair, feeding Olivia, humming the Stargate theme to her. Works for me everytime!

By the way, I love the pic in your sig....I can't believe Thor actually signs autographs. I want one!

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                      Thank you tsaxlady. I just feel like you all know each other, and I'm getting the impression that something happened this week, I hope no one is ill.

But the sun is coming back out, I can feel it. It's June 4th...July is just a kiss away.

If you want to smile, just take a moment and picture AT sitting in a rocking chair, feeding Olivia, humming the Stargate theme to her. Works for me everytime!

By the way, I love the pic in your sig....I can't believe Thor actually signs autographs. I want one!
                      Michael Shanks does the voice for Thor - had the auto done at a con that both AT & MS were at last year

Comment

spoilers for s8's reckoning part one

Spoiler:
                        i watched reckoning part 1 again tonight, and i sure enjoyed amanda's performance as sam 'and' replicarter!

my fave parts of the ep were sam almost running into jack's desk after thor beamed her down , and replicarter's all-around evilness.

i still think there's a way replicarter could be alive, so maybe next season...

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Alright gang I will be adding more to this over the next few days - now that school is out and I only have 3 gigs on the books for the next week I'll have time to finish uploading pictures - but until then here is the link for pictures from the prop museum that I took in Vancouver http://img81.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=16tw.jpg

Comment

Caption
                            Daniel: "Hell! I work out three times a week and still don't have glut's as good as those!"

Comment

Okay gang...put your thinking caps on!

List the BEST quotes for:

Samantha Carter (any ep, any season)

AND

Amanda Tapping...from conventions, interviews...whatever!

Let's hear 'em!

Also...if you haven't sent me your frelling pictures, hurry up and send 'em already!

...and lastly...

Don't forget to vote for AT at SyFy Portal!

http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php
                              Last edited by Uber; 04 June 2005, 12:04 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Okay here is a quote from a new Dreamwatch Magazine article with Robert C Cooper "If you like Stargate, you’ve got to check out season nine. It contains what I think everybody has loved about the show from the beginning, and in a new way. People who loved Farscape because of Ben and Claudia did so for good reason. They are unbelievable and so likable. I just think the chemistry between them and our returning regulars, Michael and Chris and, later on Amanda, is really magic."

Comment

Working...
                                X