Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
    Oh, I read it that way, too. But I happen to believe that Sam grew her hair out because Amanda wanted long hair. Which is another way of saying that I think Sam would keep her hair short for as long as she was in the military, so it doesn't seem in character to me. I don't know if this will make sense, but I think it's a case of the actor projecting her desire onto the character rather than Sam suddenly telling Amanda that she's tired of short hair. Not that I blame Amanda for wanting a change.

Amanda has had a history of growing her hair out between seasons and/or putting in extensions (as I recall), so I sort of suspect that Amanda actually prefers having long hair. This makes sense to me, because her hair is beautiful, and she looks great with long hair.
    Very deep.
    And I agree with your other post about the personality transplant in Atlantis. It took a good chunk of the season before she started acting like herself. And AT has said something to that effect too.

AT has commented to the effect that at times military boots, BDUs and short hair make her feel less feminine. I think it's safe to say--not to us. But not in a "we can't take you seriously as a soldier" way.
    Spoiler:
    I think she joked about it at one convention where she was commenting on the guys all swooning over some sexily dressed guest star and there she was in cammo or something.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    every appearance of her's that i've seen that's pre-sg1 days her hair has been short

i don't think it's that it was short for so long but that she had to KEEP it short that became the issue
    I think it was a bit longer than as Sam, but not long. I think she had to cut it to be above the collar for SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
      Hey all.

For those who are thinking of pre-ordering Continuum and are checking the Amazon site, consider tagging it for AT.
      Sorry to be dense, but what does 'tagging it' mean and what does that do for AT?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Go Sam

Comment

Hello ladies.

Since we are talking hieght, I guess I'm really short compared to AT. I'm 5 foot, not even I think.
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
          Sorry to be dense, but what does 'tagging it' mean and what does that do for AT?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Go Sam
          I sent you an PM

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
            I got AoT yesterday morning and watched it after work last night...spoilers ahead:...
            Spoiler:
            to me I got the feeling that I was watching Amanda at the end in the infirmary scene with Cam...not Sam Carter...I loved the way she said sorry when she patted his sore leg...and when she bounces back into the room and says..."I baked these for you"....to me...that was more Amanda than Sam...or am I the only one seeing this????
            Spoiler:
            Yeah, I see what you mean. I thought it was a cute scene, but it did remind me of Amanda!

As for height, well Amanda would be about 7 inches taller than me... And the hair, perhaps it was time for change, for both actress and character.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
              It's from the 200th

Thank you for responding

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                I kind of agree with you on the Cam thing.
                Spoiler:
                Thei dea of the macaroon thing was kind of nice, but the way the scene played it felt, I don't don't know, artificial? And I was thinking "what's with the kiss on the cheek?" Not that I thought it was shippy, just a bit OTT.
                Spoiler:
                I actually loved the macaroon scene...and not because of the Cam kiss. I just felt it tied AoT into the series and actually brought the season full circle. A perfect ending imho.

Originally posted by ames View Post
                Anyways - is it just me, or does CJ have an enormously long tongue??? Or maybe it's just that picture... hmm.

As always, AMANDA ROCKS!!!
                That was exactly my first thought too! Well, besides the circumstances of why CJ would be licking Amanda of course.

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                SciFi did an interview with Amanda and they posted it today... so not sure if this is posted anywhere else or not.. but just in case.

http://www.scifitv.com.au/Blog/2008/...uary-And-More/

oh and some major news
                Spoiler:

Intervewer:Is that frightening? Do you now go look at your previous producers and say 'oh my god, I had no idea!'.

Amanda:I actually went up to Joe Mallozi and Paul Mullie on my first day of Atlantis because I was directing an episode

She's directing an episode!!! YAY!!! I have to see that!
                Ooh nice! Thanks for sharing the link. *bookmarks to read for later*

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                Very deep.
                And I agree with your other post about the personality transplant in Atlantis. It took a good chunk of the season before she started acting like herself. And AT has said something to that effect too.

AT has commented to the effect that at times military boots, BDUs and short hair make her feel less feminine. I think it's safe to say--not to us. But not in a "we can't take you seriously as a soldier" way.
                Spoiler:
                I think she joked about it at one convention where she was commenting on the guys all swooning over some sexily dressed guest star and there she was in cammo or something.
                Spoiler:
                lol...that just depends on who's looking and what your attracted to.

Comment

Random (Alkyhole fueled) post of the day:

What sort of drunk would Sam be? A silly drunk, a violent drunk, a melancholy drunk, a slightly dirrrrrrty drunk....?

Would she ever have "one too many" or would she always restrain herself?
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hey y'all I'll tought I came in and visit my Samandan friends before I went to bed (with friends I do mean all of you, yes even the penguins and polar bears lol).

Thanks for posting the interview I'm gonna read it first thing in the morning (after coffee hehe). NZNeep, nice picture of you and Chris, oh Chris... What's with the hair ? lol, I think it looks good on him. Tough I still need to get used to a Black haired Amanda, I'm already used to a eh "Magnus black / brown haired" Amanda.

As for the Dutch, yes I can confirm they are generally known as the tallest people (don't know in Europe or the world).

I also noticed there are more Belgian fans here, did I start it? If so yay! If not well, I'm glad I'm not alone.

Well I'll tell ya what I think of the interview (I peeked at it and for the moment, only bad part is, from the eh introduction part of the interview , before the first subtitle, there's no clear seperation between Q&A)

But for now, I'm gonna go to bed... and if I dream of polar bears playing soccer with the penguins.... somebody is gonna get tickled

Bye y'all

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post

What sort of drunk would Sam be? A silly drunk, a violent drunk, a melancholy drunk, a slightly dirrrrrrty drunk....?

I always thought that it would take a LOT for Sam to get drunk. Not b/c she doen't want to but cause she can't. We've seen that there is a need for huge amount of drugs to sedate her, probably due to the proteine marker or the naquada. I think it will be the same with alcohol.

But if she does get drunk, my bet is on a silly drunk.
                      sigpic

Comment

I wrote a story (my first and only fanfic ever!) about this for a ficathon last fall. As I recall, Sam was a 'sleepy' drunk

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                          Well I'll tell ya what I think of the interview (I peeked at it and for the moment, only bad part is, from the eh introduction part of the interview , before the first subtitle, there's no clear seperation between Q&A)
                          regarding the interview... yeah if you are just skimming the interview it will be hard to read. If you read from start to finish it will be little easier to decipher who said what. So I am sure it will make more sense after you have had your coffee in the morning

Comment

I kinda agree jasmineGo I think after Jolinar it would take more for Sam to get drunk. At the same time I think she would restrain from getting completely drunk, because she could be called for some emergency on base at anytime. I think the workaholic in her would always keep that 'what if' scenario in the back of her mind.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                              It's from the 200th
                              d'oh....! thanks for knocking my brain back into focus

ok, I'm not sure Sam would ever let herself get really drunk, or even a bit drunk. But, let's say she did for a sec, and I'd say that she'd be a silly drunk because that's the total opposite of how we usually see her. Y'know, all uptight and whatever, but that's wearing off a bit now and we are getting to see some silliness! But if Jack was around that would be a whole different story..... Please excuse my gutterish mind
                              Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                              Hey y'all I'll tought I came in and visit my Samandan friends before I went to bed (with friends I do mean all of you, yes even the penguins and polar bears lol).

Thanks for posting the interview I'm gonna read it first thing in the morning (after coffee hehe). NZNeep, nice picture of you and Chris, oh Chris... What's with the hair ? lol, I think it looks good on him. Tough I still need to get used to a Black haired Amanda, I'm already used to a eh "Magnus black / brown haired" Amanda.

As for the Dutch, yes I can confirm they are generally known as the tallest people (don't know in Europe or the world).

I also noticed there are more Belgian fans here, did I start it? If so yay! If not well, I'm glad I'm not alone.

But for now, I'm gonna go to bed... and if I dream of polar bears playing soccer with the penguins.... somebody is gonna get tickled

Bye y'all
                              G'night Daivy!
                              --Kate

Comment

I agree that because of her protein marker after Jolinar, Sam would probably need to drink a lot to get really drunk. I also doubt that she'd never let herself go too far. That said I think she'd be a silly and quite "nerdy" drunk. In my own experience, I know a kid (a physics major) who gushes out string theory (and suppliments it with his own) whenever he gets tipsy. He says when he is drunk he isn't inhibited by rules and laws and stuff, and that thinking about it all is really, really exciting. I could see a similar kind of silly awe with theorizing in Sam.

Comment

Working...
                                X