No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you will be fine when you get to see amanda. remember, y ou're gonna be surrounded by many of us that have met her before.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      you will be fine when you get to see amanda. remember, y ou're gonna be surrounded by many of us that have met her before.
      And I'm sure those of us that have met her, will give the others the needed 'little' shove in the back

*not pointing any fingers Jan*
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        maybe it has to do with the country?

maybe the canadians are just more laid back about this stuff while in LA and Hollywood the paparazzi and such are so ott that things get blown up, sometimes out of proportion
        I think it's because most Americans are a bit to OTT fangirl/guy when it comes to celebs. The media (paparazzi in particular) have imho, put so much stock in getting publicity for the celebs that Americans are now greedy/hungry for any and all news on their fav celeb.

I also think that some Hollywood actors are in it for the fame and glory, not for the love of acting/directing/writing of a good story. Those kind of actors fade just as quickly as they light up (unfortunately for them) it's folks like Amanda, RDA and the other SG1 cast who last in the business because they don't make a point of getting "seen" when they go out.

Maybe in the acting world there in Canada they have a similar thing like the acting scene in Australia. It's called "Tall Poppy Syndrome" (ask Ben B or Claudia about it) and if any actor starts acting like a "big shot" or "primadonna" the other actors around them will cut them down (meaning, make them realize they're not all that and a bag of chips). I think it helps those actors (the Aussies that is) keep more grounded when their peers call them on their behavior.

Sadly I don't think anything like that is in place here in the US. It might be and if it is, I don't think it's working.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
          Remember that Amanda is used to meeting people at her Conventions, and most people calm down within a few seconds of actually being face to face with her.
          It's because Amanda is so good and making people feel like she's really interested in what they have to say. I'm not saying she doesn't genuinely feel that way (because I think she is genuninely interested in what her crazy fans have to say). She just has this aurora about her that makes people feel calmer around her. I think it's because she LOVES what she's doing (well most of the time anyway) and she cares about the product she's producing and how it's received by her fans. If she didn't, I don't think she'd have nearly as many fans as she does. I know of people who've been won over to the Amanda side (kinda like the dark side in that we do have cookies, but it's not nearly as dark) just by meeting her in person.

I know I was kinda nervous meeting her for the first time, but I had already (at previous FS cons) met two of my other fav actresses (Claudia and Francesca Buller) and the fan girl in me had kinda left. However, Amanda is so stunning in person it kinda makes you stop before you blunder on. I know many of you have heard about my story so I won't bore you with it again.

Amanda is one very special lady and I think she'd still have tons of adoring fans if she hadn't become an actor. She's just that kind of person ya know?
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            And I'm sure those of us that have met her, will give the others the needed 'little' shove in the back

lolol

shoving is good. I recall shoving MG a time or two. I woulda done the well placed kick in the tush but she's so tall and i'm not and it woudla been a mess

sigpic

Comment

doesn't cananda also have paparazzi laws????

the press can't chase them around like animals

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                It's because Amanda is so good and making people feel like she's really interested in what they have to say. I'm not saying she doesn't genuinely feel that way (because I think she is genuninely interested in what her crazy fans have to say). She just has this aurora about her that makes people feel calmer around her. I think it's because she LOVES what she's doing (well most of the time anyway) and she cares about the product she's producing and how it's received by her fans. If she didn't, I don't think she'd have nearly as many fans as she does. I know of people who've been won over to the Amanda side (kinda like the dark side in that we do have cookies, but it's not nearly as dark) just by meeting her in person.

I know I was kinda nervous meeting her for the first time, but I had already (at previous FS cons) met two of my other fav actresses (Claudia and Francesca Buller) and the fan girl in me had kinda left. However, Amanda is so stunning in person it kinda makes you stop before you blunder on. I know many of you have heard about my story so I won't bore you with it again.

Amanda is one very special lady and I think she'd still have tons of adoring fans if she hadn't become an actor. She's just that kind of person ya know?
                We have cookies?
                Where are the cookies???
                ...and here I thought we just had blue jello
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Even though I met her at Comic Con, I will still probably need a push. Because I was so damn sleep deprived that weekend it still doesn't seem like it actually happened. It's all a blur.

Comment

A question for you GABIT gurus: When did the tickets for G3 go on sale? I noticed the charmed passes are already sold out and it's only January!! Just wondering when I should start looking for G4 tickets (providing there is a G4!!) I figure if I can't get a charmed pass, then I probably shouldn't go. This will be a once in a lifetime for me so I'm going all the way! Well, maybe not first class since it's going to cost $1800 for two of us to fly there in economy, and since our stupid dollar is in the tank the tickets are gonna cost like $500 each!! But it will be worth it!!
                    sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                    Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Hi Bekah *waves*
                      Charmed passes went incredibly quickly
                      Your best bet to keep up to date on news for upcoming GABITs and whatnot is to check out www.gabitevents.co.uk ... or to ask on either here or the GABIT thread, as the people in the know tend to hang out in those locations
                      Hope that helps!
                      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                      ames on facebook
                      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Charmed passes I think went in like 5 minutes or so.

Really, I wouldn't even be thinking about AT4 until after AT3 is over. They will announce it if there is going to be an AT4, then they will announce the dates, then they will announce when the tickets will go on sale (they gave us over a month advanced notice I believe).

I know that in March last year I knew there was going to be an AT3, but no date had been announced, but it was announced a few moths after that. Tickets went on sale the beginning of August (after at least a month's notice if I remember correctly).

So, to sum it all up, no need to be concerned for a while yet.

Comment

Hi guys, I need your help. I'm working with RepliCartertje to create my first "supporting Sam Carter" sig. And I'm almost done with the details, but I need help with the tagline. I looked at Ubers for example, hers was awesome! And I thought it was too bad the tagline A new leader for a new day" was taken though. It's all good, so if it's cool I need some ideas on taglines. So far I got "The new true leader of Atlantis" or "A or The new leader and hope of Atlantis" So yeah, any ideas from you guys would really help. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky456 View Post
                            Hi guys, I need your help. I'm working with RepliCartertje to create my first "supporting Sam Carter" sig. And I'm almost done with the details, but I need help with the tagline. I looked at Ubers for example, hers was awesome! And I thought it was too bad the tagline A new leader for a new day" was taken though. It's all good, so if it's cool I need some ideas on taglines. So far I got "The new true leader of Atlantis" or "A or The new leader and hope of Atlantis" So yeah, any ideas from you guys would really help. Thanks
                            "shinyest hair on atlantis"?
                            sigpic

check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                              It's because Amanda is so good and making people feel like she's really interested in what they have to say. I'm not saying she doesn't genuinely feel that way (because I think she is genuninely interested in what her crazy fans have to say). She just has this aurora about her that makes people feel calmer around her. I think it's because she LOVES what she's doing (well most of the time anyway) and she cares about the product she's producing and how it's received by her fans. If she didn't, I don't think she'd have nearly as many fans as she does.
                              I think you're probably right. I'm sure some days she's tired or cranky & has to "put on her game face" for the convention but from what people have said she never comes off as phony. I don't think even with as talented of an actress as she is, she could so consistently fake it.

Us? Bored with an AT story? Never. Tell it again--use spoiler tags if you must.

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/~bekahsee is the link to my fanfiction.net page. All four stories on my list are Sam whumps, but A Mile a Minute is the newest and the...uh...whumpiest. is that a word???
                                Sure--whumpy, whumpier, whumpiest

Comment

Working...
                                X