Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forestia View Post
    <snip> Hi everyone! Long time no see. Well, you'll have to excuse me if I'm not able to catch up with 2 months worth of posts. If anyone remembers about my hand, I'm fine except it stiffens up on me once in a while, but what can you do?

P.S (so to speak): I'm gonna be pretty busy, what with the holidays and all, so I might not have that much time to stop by, but I wanted to say hello and let you all know I'm still around. Take care everyone! ((((Samandans))))
    awe..glad your hand is getting better! Holidays are a busy time for everyone but we will miss you lots. You take care and hurry back!

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
    and you were telling me about wearing thermals?

It was -40 (F and C) at the top of my mountain yesterday and it got as warm as 0F/-17C during the middle of the day.

Thankfully it was a little warmer today..it got up to 18F/-7C during the middle of the day.
    meh..was quick! Ooh and your thermals will be coming soon! Sounds like you need it too! Brrr!

It's a nice cozy 19 F here right now with a bit of lake effect falling. Least the streets are cleared. Nothing like the sledding I had to do last night driving home! heh

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    <snip>
    I think I'm getting withdrawal symptoms - no new Atlantis eps, no new Sanctuary webisodes!! I think I'm going to have to breakout the DVD's and start an SG1 marathon soon to get a Sam fix.

Oh and I have to start my Christmas shopping real soon. I wonder if I can con my Mum into taking me shopping cos even though I'm seeing better, reading can be extremely difficult.

I wonder when Sam managed to fit shopping into her busy schedule?? Even for basics like food. Can you imagine how hard it would be to keep fresh food in the fridge when you wouldn't know when you were going to be offworld or not??
    I still manage to get my Sam fix in every day. I've got numerous eps of Stargate on my ipod which I take to work so during breaks and lunches if I'm not gabbing with friends I'm usually found with my eyes glued to it's screen totally enthralled. *nods*

Have to agree...Amazon and other internet sites is the key to Sam's shopping worries. Oh and keeping fresh food in the fridge wouldnt be a problem for Sam. She'd just order out! Least that's what I would do.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    cute fic, sam and her bike...or lack there of
    http://rolleson.livejournal.com/500708.html

just heed a sam/shep warning please
    Thanks! *saves for later* doh...I got some homework to do first.

Comment

<irrelevant.offtopic.content>

The Titans won!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooot!!!!

We're still alive in the AFC playoff race!!!

</irrelevant.offtopic.content>

Hey...is Carter great, or what?????
      (See??? I can do on-topic stuff too)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
        The internet! Heck...I am on the same planet all the time (allegedly) and I struggle....I think she eats a lot of frozen stuff...but they gotta taste better than MRE's and for Christmas she hits amazon! *nods*

Yup....you think I am naturally this weird? It's the altitude I tell you! And cool...any plans to come back any time soon? Cheap skiing holiday? I can hook ya up!
        I am waiting to flex my whistler season pass... The pink helmet will be in town shortly.
        [sigh] Is it January yet???
        Becks

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          Julia asked for someone to post this info in Samanda, so here it is...
          Hi everyone,
          Just popping my head in to tell you that I've been in discussions with the Director of "Breakdown" and we will be giving a special presentation screening of it at AT3. So for those of you who have been asking us if it was possible to arrange, here you are! A short bit of information from the Director and some stills from it will be on the website shortly so keep your eyes peeled for it.
          Can I take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a very happy Christmas and to tell you that we are all looking forward to seeing you at AT3!
          We're working very hard behind the scenes to make AT3 special. I would say "not long to go" but it would probably give me palpitations to think it was creeping up so fast - but it is!
          Perhaps one of you would be kind enough to cross post this to Samanda for me! Thanks!
          Take care all of you,
          Julia
          G4
          Thank you scifithinker for posting that and thank you Julia...not that it's any good for me...I won't be there...*sniff sniff*
          Hope yu have a great Christmas too Julia...and all of the G4 team!!
          Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
          Sooo.....since Sam has had relationships to varying degrees with civilians and aliens, maybe it is time the writers tried one with another Air Force officer (as long as it follows regulations, of course)? You know, just to flesh out all possible story lines for the character
          There's only one man for Sam...and that's Jack...and if Jack won't take her soon then Teal'c better get up and grab her...that's what I think anyways!!
          Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          I
          awe! I hope you didnt let it bother you much. I'm already used to the odd looks I get when I mention anything about Stargate or just scifi in general. I just shrug them off. People will always be mean. It's like a defense mechanism they use to make themselves feel better. Belittling someone gives them some sort of weird satisfaction. What I tell myself is that they're the sorry lot. At least I'm genuine and have nothing to hide. I am what I am and I'm perfectly happy with that.

On a ot note...just had to share this with you. It started to snow here yesterday around lunchtime and finally stopped around 5am this morning. We had a total of at least a foot of snow and with the wind, it drifted up to a foot and a half in spots. Was quite fun driving home last night after work. Here's just a quick pic I took this morning before I rushed back inside. Quite nippy with only a t-shirt and jeans on!
          I don't let it bother me much anymore...life is too short...besides I'm happy and my hubby and kids are happy and that's all that matters right now!
          Woohoo on the snow report...we have some very warm days coming up but Christmas should be pleasant apparently!
          Originally posted by Forestia View Post
          Hi everyone! Long time no see. Well, you'll have to excuse me if I'm not able to catch up with 2 months worth of posts. If anyone remembers about my hand, I'm fine except it stiffens up on me once in a while, but what can you do?
          P.S (so to speak): I'm gonna be pretty busy, what with the holidays and all, so I might not have that much time to stop by, but I wanted to say hello and let you all know I'm still around. Take care everyone! ((((Samandans))))
          (((Forestia)))...have a lovely Christmas and a safe new year...I hope you get to pop in again soon!!! Take care!!
          Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          i'm going through sam *and* amanda withdrawl.
          it's hard enough waiting for new eps of atlantis - which is a month's wait - but the last two eps were without sam... so that's SIX WEEKS without a sam fix. ~feels shaky~
          i'm looking forward to 'trio' the most.
          sally
          I can't wait for Trio!!!
          You should do what I do Sally...have Stargate for breakfast...they say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day...so what better way to start the day than with a healthy viewing of Stargate with coffee and toast/crumpets/muffins/cereal/pancakes...it really works!!!

Another day done...I knew this week was gonna be ewww...I told hubby that I think I might start looking for a new job...I have a load of holiday time accrued and they won't let me have it unless the other girl can fill in for me...doesn't seem quite fair...there is only the 2 of us that can do the job and they were supposed to get someone else in to fill in for both of us but they haven't thus far...hence no holidays...bummer!...but...had daughter help me at work so we got done early...yay!!
          Oh hey...I got a linky thingy in my myspace to a website to find out your Christmas elf name...anyways...I did Amanda's and Sam's and this is what I got:
          Amanda Tapping = Sunny Bed Head
          Samantha Carter = Cheerful Sparkly Toes

Thought I might as well add the rest of them too!!...

Jack O'Neill: Snappy Tum Tums
          Richard Dean Anderson: Sparky Twinkle Toes
          Michael Shanks: Happy Fluffy Paws
          Daniel Jackson: Dingy Mistletoe
          Chris Judge: Lucky Smickleifigus
          Murray Teal'c: Puddin Bubba Louie (had to use Murray coz it requires 2 names)...Teal'c Murray is: Batty Floppy Feet!!

My name is Buttons Angel Pants!! Hehe!!
          Here's the link...go have fun!!!
          http://www.jokesunlimited.com/christmas_elf_name.php

Night all, take care, be safe and have fun!
          (((Samanda)))
          Last edited by Chelle DB; 17 December 2007, 01:50 AM.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Totally off topic, but I have to share something!

Spoiler:
            Today at work one of the customers did the typical male thing of trying to convince me that the trashy magazine he was buying wasn't for himself ("heh, I couldn't care less what the Royals are having for Sunday lunch!") I teased him a bit, stuff about how I know he's dying to find out about not only that but the latest Spice Girls news too. Then as the next guy stepped up to the counter he said "bread and water, I hope."

I didn't even hesitate before saying "or maybe and Extreme Burger meal with a zinger burger, an extra piece of chicken and Mirinda for the drink."

His jaw dropped. 3 years after I quit working at KFC and I can still remember random guy #3's regular order! Go me. *is way too happy*
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Spoiler:
              Today at work one of the customers did the typical male thing of trying to convince me that the trashy magazine he was buying wasn't for himself ("heh, I couldn't care less what the Royals are having for Sunday lunch!") I teased him a bit, stuff about how I know he's dying to find out about not only that but the latest Spice Girls news too. Then as the next guy stepped up to the counter he said "bread and water, I hope."

I didn't even hesitate before saying "or maybe and Extreme Burger meal with a zinger burger, an extra piece of chicken and Mirinda for the drink."

His jaw dropped. 3 years after I quit working at KFC and I can still remember random guy #3's regular order! Go me. *is way too happy*
              Hehe...you are such a character Eileen!!

I forgot to mention one little....or rather big thing...
              Thank You PengYn, Gato and Ames for the cool Christmas cards...yay!!!
              Night all!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

HI

I had my Sam/Amanda fix this morrning i watched MOEBUIS PT 1 before going to work i love watching Sam/Amanda in that one she is so good at changing the charicter for each timeline or alternate reality

I saw the trailer for the second half of Atlantis i can't wait to see it and i cant wait to see TRIO i'm loving season 4 yay!
                sigpic
                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                  You should do what I do Sally...have Stargate for breakfast...they say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day...so what better way to start the day than with a healthy viewing of Stargate with coffee and toast/crumpets/muffins/cereal/pancakes...it really works!!!
                  omg Chelle I do that too! Breakfast and Stargate. Since I began doing it I watch an episode every day. I'm going in order, so currently mid season four. Oh and I'm not allowed to skip. The purpose is to watch the entire series.
                  sigpic

Comment

Got 2 christmas cards today, posted mine on saterday, so they should be on their way
                    Thanks to Tracy (great that you wrote it in Dutch!! Really cool!!) and helenmagnus23 (such a fun card!!)

Comment

trio does look very interesting. I looked at the eps titles and the spoilers on the listing and got this giddy feeling when i saw trio.

now i just need to not get my hopes up too much so that i can fully enjoy it
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

I wonder when Sam managed to fit shopping into her busy schedule?? Even for basics like food. Can you imagine how hard it would be to keep fresh food in the fridge when you wouldn't know when you were going to be offworld or not??
                        i think that's why, in fanon, sam has a lot of frozen food and not much fresh. or always hits the store on the way home.

how about now? with her on atlantis. how can she christmas shop when she's a galaxy away and can't surf the net to shop?

not to mention...hey, her undies wear out she has to order them from earth. just like everyone else does. they have to order toiletries or clothing or the like and get it shipped over on the daedy. which, i would imagine, can make things tough since i would also imagine that space is limited so what they order has to be justified.

she may be a galaxy away and you'd think out of 'prying eyes' so to speak, but in reality, probably doesn't have much privacy since everything she wants has to be approved by others
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          cute fic, sam and her bike...or lack there of
                          http://rolleson.livejournal.com/500708.html

just heed a sam/shep warning please
                          That was cute...thank you for that!

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                          I am waiting to flex my whistler season pass... The pink helmet will be in town shortly.
                          [sigh] Is it January yet???
                          Becks
                          Heh...I did notice your Whistler fleece at Gatecon and was impressed *g*

I can't wait for Trio!!!

Another day done...I knew this week was gonna be ewww...I told hubby that I think I might start looking for a new job...I have a load of holiday time accrued and they won't let me have it unless the other girl can fill in for me...doesn't seem quite fair...there is only the 2 of us that can do the job and they were supposed to get someone else in to fill in for both of us but they haven't thus far...hence no holidays...bummer!...but...had daughter help me at work so we got done early...yay!!
                          Oh hey...I got a linky thingy in my myspace to a website to find out your Christmas elf name...anyways...I did Amanda's and Sam's and this is what I got:

Murray Teal'c: Puddin Bubba Louie (had to use Murray coz it requires 2 names)...Teal'c Murray is: Batty Floppy Feet!!

(((Samanda)))
                          Good luck with work and those are some beautiful elf names hehehe..well worth a giggle! Sunny Bed Head seems particularly appropriate some how...

Spoiler:

Hahaha...that is kinda something to be proud of you strange cookie....I wonder how long I will remember peoples bar orders *ponders*
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I don't let it bother me much anymore...life is too short...besides I'm happy and my hubby and kids are happy and that's all that matters right now!
                            Woohoo on the snow report...we have some very warm days coming up but Christmas should be pleasant apparently!
                            Good! That's exactly what I say too.
                            Warm weather for Christmas sounds fun too...different but fun! We've had some uncanny warm weather for Christmas here before, but it never was warmer than say 40F.

Yay for getting work done early! Your job situation sounds like a bummer. Holiday time accrued but without any opportunity to use it. *shakes head* Does this holiday time 'rollover' into the new year or is it totally lost if you don't use it?

(((Samanda)))
                            hehe...fun! AT's elf name reminds me of a pic taken from season 6 of Nightwalkers

Spoiler:

Mine is Batty Crazy-Legs btw..hehe

Spoiler:

lol...you totally worked there too much!

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                            HI

I had my Sam/Amanda fix this morrning i watched MOEBUIS PT 1 before going to work i love watching Sam/Amanda in that one she is so good at changing the charicter for each timeline or alternate reality

I saw the trailer for the second half of Atlantis i can't wait to see it and i cant wait to see TRIO i'm loving season 4 yay!
                            Moebius is one of my favorite eps! whee! I love Geeky Sam so much in this one. AT does a superb job of taking her character and making her soo different than what we're used to seeing but still keeping an underlying layer of Sam there that we would all recognize. She's awesome! *gushes*

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                              HI

"Moebius" just shows how good actor Amanda is. She played two totally different characters, that were actually the same person.

Can't wait for "Trio" either, because as we all know,
                              Spoiler:
                              "To all of you Sam fans dying for a hint of what's going on with Carter's love life, you'll have to wait until 'Trio' for a not-so-subtle tip-off."

"... We will not be dealing with Sam's love life on Atlantis. However, a passing mention of her personal life during a candid moment is another matter."
                              (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                                "Moebius" just shows how good actor Amanda is. She played two totally different characters, that were actually the same person.

Can't wait for "Trio" either, because as we all know,
                                Spoiler:
                                "To all of you Sam fans dying for a hint of what's going on with Carter's love life, you'll have to wait until 'Trio' for a not-so-subtle tip-off."

"... We will not be dealing with Sam's love life on Atlantis. However, a passing mention of her personal life during a candid moment is another matter."
                                (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)
                                I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but

Spoiler:
                                That part was cut out for time
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X