Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maryclaremcdade View Post
    hi i am new could somebody tell me what the sam/ amanda tapping' s cars can you put the pictures of it
    mary-clare
    please could you tell me
    hi mary-clare

sam tends to drive volvos. in ascension she drove a classic silver one. in a later episode she had a newer one. (which, i believe, was also amanda's car in that case)

she also has a harley motorcycle that we've never seen and a classic indian motorcycle that we see in the curse

i dont' have links to caps,but there's a couple of eps y ou can look for

oh, and welcome to samanda
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Whoa! Jckfan skids to a halt in surveying posts with that one.
      pictures shirtless Jack in Broca Divide...
      Wasn't it Brief Candle?

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
        Wasn't it Brief Candle?
        Wasn't he shirtless in both?

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
          Sweet. I can't wait to play!

Is it to early to call dibs on the game pieces?
          Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
          Very cool game!

What are the playing pieces like? (for example in the real monopoly game there was a shoe, top hat, dog, etc.)
          Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
          Whoa.

Dare I ask how you play? I'm assuming you don't trade or buy territory, slaves, palaces, etc Goa'uld evil-style, though that would be fun in a merciless kind of way
          Tracy beat me to the answers with these (thanks for the pics, m'dear). So yeah, basically what she said!

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
          OK, that is awesome I'm not AT3-bound, but if I make much in the way of puppy dog eyes would I be able to stop by in the vicinity, if only to referee a tourney?
          You're always more than welcome I take it you're in the general vicinity of London then? I ask because we're not too far out of London (albeit in opposite directions ... sigh - but that's another story!), so there's possibly the potential for non-AT3 weekend play as well...

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
          Happy birthday from me too!!!

Uhm...how can I get a copy of one of those??? :O

<snip>

(((Deejay)))...sending my love and thoughts to you and you family and your friend.
          Ditto on the bday wishes

You speak very, very nicely to my buddy Pam (because while she generally rocks, for some reason she does not believe us when we tell her how awesome everyone thinks this is *shakes head in disbelief*. She originally made 4 copies and swore she would never do it again. Then I played my copy with Tracy and Louisa, Tracy took pics, and we gushed about it online (and made a few suggestions for alterations). So Pam made another 4 copies (more shiny!), and has sworn yet again that she'll never make them again. (In her defence, they take a heck of a lot of time and energy - and money - to make. The only items in the entire box - including the box! - that Pam doesn't make herself are the dice and now the shiny board, although in my original version, she even made the board herself!) I figure that'll last until ... well May, when we get pics of all of us playing them at AT3, and then we can convince her to create another batch Of course, she's not on Gateworld (YET) to hear all this, but I'm working on it!

((((((Deejay))))))

And now, seeing as I have to be up again in ... gah - 4.5 hours and teach all day, I'd best be off to bed!!! G'nite all *waves sleepily*
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

get her on here, we'll blackmail and harrass encourage her adn see if we can talk her into doing it again

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maryclaremcdade View Post
              hi i am new could somebody tell me what the sam/ amanda tapping' s cars can you put the pictures of it
              mary-clare
              please could you tell me
              Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              hi mary-clare

sam tends to drive volvos. in ascension she drove a classic silver one. in a later episode she had a newer one. (which, i believe, was also amanda's car in Volvo P1800that case)

she also has a harley motorcycle that we've never seen and a classic indian motorcycle that we see in the curse

i dont' have links to caps,but there's a couple of eps y ou can look for

oh, and welcome to samanda
              You're right as usual, Sky.

She drove this one in Season 5 -

Volvo P1800 (from Ascension)

(from Desperate Measures)

Her newer Volvo that she drove in Seasons 6 and 7 (that was AT's in real life) -

(from Chimera)

She also drove a red Mustang convertible in Season 8's "Covenant," but I always just assumed that it was a very nice rental.

Comment

yeah, i thought that was a rental too

there was one other eps when she got in a car. the eps opens with her walking to it and using the keyless even though the windows are open. it was a darker car i thought, but i can't place the eps

sigpic

Comment

I miss the classic volvo. It was such a 'Sam' car.

Comment

Wasn't he shirtless in both?
                    smacks self in the head--silly of me not to mention it. yes--season one was good for shirtless Jack--Broca Divide AND Brief Candle.

Sam walks up to her car which has the windows open in Prometheus. She's ambushed at her car by the reporter Julia Donovan

I assumed the red car was a rental too.

Comment

there was one other eps when she got in a car. the eps opens with her walking to it and using the keyless even though the windows are open. it was a darker car i thought, but i can't place the eps
                      Oh was it called Prometheus? It was s6 when Sam and Jonas were kidnapped on the prometheus by Simmons and his men.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

that's it, prometheus

good job girls

sigpic

Comment

It's the same car. The ep you're talking about is Season 6's Prometheus. I believe it was the first time they used AT's Volvo. The shot I posted from Chimera makes the car look really light, but I think it is actually silver. They used the same car in Affinity and Threads as well.

I wonder if Sam sold her car(s) and her Harley or if someone is taking care of them for her while she is away in the Pegasus Galaxy. It must be very frustrating for her not to be able to go for a ride/drive. She can't even borro w a puddle jumper to go for a joy ride b/c of the ancient gene.

Maybe she can borrow an F-302 the next time a ship comes to visit.

ETA: jckfan beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post

It's the same car. The ep you're talking about is Season 6's Prometheus. I believe it was the first time they used AT's Volvo. The shot I posted from Chimera makes the car look really light, but I think it is actually silver. They used the same car in Affinity and Threads as well.

I wonder if Sam sold her car(s) and her Harley or if someone is taking care of them for her while she is away in the Pegasus Galaxy. It must be very frustrating for her not to be able to go for a ride/drive. She can't even borro w a puddle jumper to go for a joy ride b/c of the ancient gene.

Maybe she can borrow an F-302 the next time a ship comes to visit.

ETA: jckfan beat me to it.
                            Hmmm, she's a full colonel now...maybe she could ride her bike through the stargate
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I miss the classic volvo. It was such a 'Sam' car.
                              It was such a sweet little car. But I imagine it wasn't very reliable to drive every day. The one she drove was from the early 1960s so it was pretty old.

In my mind, Sam just bought a new car for every day and keeps the P1800 in her garage to take out on her days off (when she's not busy riding her Indian, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Hmmm, she's a full colonel now...maybe she could ride her bike through the stargate
                                *imagines Sam zipping through the halls of Atlantis on her Harley*

I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X