Originally posted by minigeek View Post

[/SIZE]
    Cheer up emo kid!
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
      Helen: Why does everyone keep asking me if I'm depressed simply because I wear black every day? I like black. Black's my favorite color. But has anyone noticed the purple streak in my hair? No! They totally ignore that. Purple is very cheery! I don't feel very cheery at the moment though. Damn, where's the chocolate when you really need it.
      scarimor

Comment

Dammit. I forgot which book to pull to open the secret entrance to the bat cave Again!

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Morning
          CAPTIONARY

Amanda thinking to herself: I can't believe I let NZBG talk me into this, I look NOTHING like Nigella.
          Last edited by SunKrux; 23 March 2007, 10:34 PM.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
            Jack: Carter, I can see my House!
            Sam: I know Sir! And it seems somebody is using your BBQ!
            Jack: Maybourne!

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              i can't recall the last time i went to the MGM page.
              Ditto for me. I can't navigate easily, so I leave.
              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
              Quint Studer

Comment

Milk, eggs, bread, bullets for the sig, oil for the knives, can I buy werewolf food at the pet store?

Morning
                CAPTIONARY

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

You see I don't get it...I understand if it's episodes but the music vids...c'mon...and you're right...it's not like you're making money out of it FCOL!
                  I don't get it either - except youtube makes money?

But I see the fan movies as free, viral advertising in a way - little shorts of your show, and a maybe a person would want to see more?

Youtube is now a misnomer - coorporatetube, themtube, metube, moneytube more appropriate (I guess, unless they are being forced to do it by movie houses...).

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  that's kinda bad since they wanna make money off it.

Maybe if enough folks here are interested word could be passed and they could make some more for folks

I know i'd like to see it
                  Haven't heard too much about this movie.... that was "Martouf" in a shot?

Wonder how BB, RDA, and AT are doing? Wonder if they've seen any polar bears? Is it vast fields of ice? Any topography? Interesting, I'm sure.
                  Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                  Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                    I don't get it either - except youtube makes money?

But I see the fan movies as free, viral advertising in a way - little shorts of your show, and a maybe a person would want to see more?

Yep just how I saw it too....but removed mine from utube today.

Youtube is now a misnomer - coorporatetube, themtube, metube, moneytube more appropriate (I guess, unless they are being forced to do it by movie houses...).

Precautionary probably on their part....don't want more lawsuits.

Link for synopsis provided to at.com by Amanda

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...display&pid=31

Wonder how BB, RDA, and AT are doing? Wonder if they've seen any polar bears? Is it vast fields of ice? Any topography? Interesting, I'm sure.
                    This polar bear would love to see them
                    sigpic

Comment

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2...nus2st8uz8.jpg

(helen comtemplates)
                      "i wonder how long i can stand here looking like i'm contemplating before i have to tell someone i've super glued my hands to this bookcase?"

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Famantha View Post

Ok and I have to share my excitement. I just received my Stuck Dvd !! *happy dance*

i want a copy too!

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          "i wonder how long i can stand here looking like i'm contemplating before i have to tell someone i've super glued my hands to this bookcase?"
                          ...how do you even do that?
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
                            ...how do you even do that?

don't ask me, helen did it!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

'unending' spoilers

Spoiler:
                              i've now seen this ep twice, and i find that i've fallen in love with it.

the episode doesn't even make me happy. even though the daniel/vala ship was handled very nicely in the ep, i'm still irked that the two year ship got resolve and the ten year one is still waiting. i'm also very unhappy that jack o'neill wasn't even mentioned, minus it even being used in a shippy way. jack was THE man of stargate sg1 for 8 bloody years. hello, respect!

but...

i keep thinking about the ep, about scenes. what's the irony that it took 40 episodes for me to see this new team *as* a team? this episode had what had been missing since season 9. s10 i can say passed, but season 9 *killed* the show.

but back to what i liked about 'unending'. i thought it was beautifully and poignantly handled. and sam... wow, just wow. i think her guilt was beautifully played out, especially in how *alone* she was. it felt like most of sam's scenes were with her alone, but that's prob because the ones that punched you in the gut were the ones where she was. you *felt* her aloneness. you felt her guilt. you felt her determination, if only to get her friends out of this nightmare.

that scene at the end, where sam told everyone that she'd solved the problem... notice how quiet and understated she was. she felt like a failure to them, to herself. it almost felt like she was saying, 'yeah, i've *finally* figured out a way of getting us out of this thing that *i* did, but who cares anymore with how old we are and how many years have been wasted'.

i loved her relationship with teal'c. debate or not, i still can only see their friendship there. he's always been her silent shoulder to cry on. he doesn't ask her to be perfect, he doesn't even expect it. she lets down her walls with him. i saw him as her closest friend there. he was her rock.

i also liked the sam and mitchell friendship. just little things like him not liking her being the one to have to stay old. or like when landry died; he knew she was taking it the hardest, and he gave her a little touch of quiet support.

i thought the music used in this episode was *wonderfully* done. the cello music, the way it was played, the fact that it was sam doing the playing... also, the creedence clearwater revival song 'have you ever seen the rain'... i've always loved that song, but now i LOVE it. my mom went out and bought the cd for me today, because i kept playing it over and over yesterday off youtube.

basically, this episode VERY much moved me, and i applaud rob and the actors for bringing to life this quiet little character study. it kind of haunts me now.

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                                I forgot to quote you but thanks JanSam for the link, the summary Amanda provided is really good, I don't know what I could add...

I actually haven't had time to watch it entirely yet since I went to uni to attend a conference this evening and I just came back. But I have a few more caps

Ok maybe :
                                Spoiler:
                                that I REALLY like seeing Amanda in something so different !! At the beginning there were a lot of f*** in the dialogue, then not only in the dialogue (and what I meant before is that I thought Amanda had a non-nudity clause and that this clause has been "stretched" a bit here). I like the music which gives kind of a surreal sense to the scenes sometimes. Plus the format is not the usual one for cinema, and the camera being so close to the characters, I really like that. I also like seeing Amanda & JR together

Here are some more caps, click at your own risks

Spoiler:

I'll put more in a 2nd post
                                Last edited by Famantha; 23 March 2007, 07:34 PM. Reason: typo as usual
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X