Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    Due to a personality clash problem in my very small family, I get to have two very different Christmas days. (Christmas Day and Boxing Day) One is spent with Becky and her other half (and doggy), and the other with Big Sis and Bro-in-Law. One spent in the traditional way with turkey dinner and prezzies, and the other without the prezzies. (Don't ask!) I've learned to live with it, but I do wish things were different.

Last year I got to be spoiled both times and didn't have to cook at all, but this year I'm catering both. Still, at least I won't have to travel; both couples are 30 miles from me in opposite directions.

We are such a small family - there are now just the six of us - and with no little ones (unless you count Becky's manic black shepherd), it tends to be a very quiet time.

Kay aka Mumsey
    Sounds familiar--only my family is split between Florida, my bro and sis-in-law, and Arizona where my sister resides with some kind church member for whom she is a "go-fer" --does errands for people and dog or cat sits on occasion.

I'm not really close to either sib but my sis-in-law is an angel and I talk to her often. We've talked briefly about getting together for Christmas but it hasn't happened yet.

Our Thanksgiving and Christmases when we were kids were huge affairs with all the grandparents, aunts and cousins and any "orphans" who had nowhere to be on such a special day. My Mom loved "company" and cooking for crowds after which I got stuck with the cleanup. (The misfortune of being the oldest girl child. No women's lib in the day.)

Dad always filmed us coming down the stairs and seeing our tree for the first time when we were little. And opening presents one at a time in turns. I have all the darn films in my basement which I haven't had the heart to just toss out.

We did Boxing day, too, during the war when my British "sister" lived with us. We often went to a movie in lieu of the pantomime she was accustomed to in England. I expect to visit her in Worcester after AT3 as I did after Avalon.

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
      http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/drama/inevitable.htm
      http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/m...impossible.htm
      http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/drama/journey.htm
      The last was the best (worst?) and the darn phone rang right when I finished it and my friend asked me if I had a cold
      I loved Wrong Number
      Awww...how cute!!! :O

I'm looking for a fic where Jack gets transfered and Sam finds out she's having a baby and then Janet goes missing and Cassie has a baby...it's complicated...does anyone know where I can find this fic??? Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

I just would like to say before I head off to RL and then hopefully a good nights sleep, that I have been intrigued, touched, amused and grateful for all you Christmas stories. I realize they have been OT but I kinda feel that it's a nice thing to share our RL experiences occasionally!
      Thank you everyone. We all seem pretty normal I guess!
      Now...must go and get family sorted and read some of those fics Dona linked us tonight!!
      Night all, take care, be safe and have fun!
      (((Samandans)))
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I sent off half my cards today! The rest will have to wait a few days until I get paid and can afford stamps. Sad, yet true. Since arriving home a couple of months ago I haven't had much luck in the jobs department. It's making buying Christmas presents interesting! I hope the cards are okay, I never know what I should write in those things!

As for my family Christmas, we've done the same things every year since I was a kid. Christmas Eve we go to church (though nowadays I just go because it makes my Nana happy) and are allowed to open one gift, usually the ones from the Kris Kringle my mum organises between me and my brothers. We alternate spending Christmas day and Boxing day with my mum's side, just us and my grandparents, or my dad's side - grandparents, 14 aunts and uncles and 17 grandkids. No matter what, each day involves presents under the tree, a massive lunch and a dip in the pool!

I'm not sure how it'll work this year though. My eldest brother and I are estranged, to the point where we cant be in the same room as each other. Last year wasn't a problem as I was in Canada having an AMAZING white Christmas with a friend and her wonderful family who adopted me the whole time I was away.

Back on topic....I think that Sam would equate Christmas with family and spend it with her brother and his family whenever she could. But if her schedule was too tight, then it'd be Christmas dinner with the team. Maybe offworld! Or maybe in the cafeteria...or maybe on a spaceship trapped in a time dilation field - it wouldn't matter so long as they were all together.
        Royal Page of Samanda
        "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
          Yes, and mine came today! Thanks a bunch! Did you get my little "package"?
          BTW, I'm still reading a lot of your stories and am enjoying them immensely! You've had me in tears more than once...

http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/drama/inevitable.htm

http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/m...impossible.htm

http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/drama/journey.htm

The last was the best (worst?) and the darn phone rang right when I finished it and my friend asked me if I had a cold

I loved Wrong Number
          i haven't gotten a package yet. mmhm, wonders if i need to call teh bomb squad

Journey's End is by far the largest tear jerker i've ever written. I shamelessly ripped off a hollywood movie for a bit of it, but it is defintiely not a 'feel good' fic.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            Hey! If you get a chance, could you pretty please explain how you get dvd's onto your ipod? I tried but just can't figure it out. I'll forever love you.*blink* PM, email, or hail me on IM

Stargate Christmas
            yes, I'd also like to know how to get it on the iPod, that would be great (I'm using an Apple Mac, btw). Thanks so much!
            "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Originally posted by Black Hawk View Post
              Thought some of you might be interested in my Amanda Tapping Stargate Atlantis Super Fan contest entry with lots about Sam.

My Stargate Story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO21TEqMMbY

Hope you're well!
              That's very good, good luck with it I wasn't brave enough to make a vid

For Christmas, well when I was little my brother and I used to get up really early (my brother used to come get me out of bed and into my wheelchair) we'd race into my Mum's room and wake her up, then we'd sit beside the Christmas Tree and wait for my Mum to finish her cup of coffee before we could open our presents (it felt like the longest cup of coffee ever! ) then we'd open our presents and eat chocolate until lunch time

Now we are (supposed) to be grown up its different, my Mum lives in the US and my Gran and Granddad move there next year too. So we don't really spend Christmas day together any more but we do call each other on Skype, and I got to a friend for Christmas dinner, then I come spend the rest of my day here with all of you, my OL family

Hugs to Eve and Chelle for the Christmas cards too, I was so excited when the mail arrived this morning

OT Spoilers, could folks send some Samanda love and positive vibes to my Mum

Spoiler:

My Mum found out on Monday that she has MS (multiple sclerosis) she told my brother and I last night so I'm feeling kinda sad right now, Mum's having lots of tests at the moment and we're all trying to stay positive right now.

Thanks everyone, sorry to bring the thread down ((((((Samanda's))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Message for Replicartje -- I can't get a PM to you about converting avi etc. to MP4 for iPod, as your mailbox is full. I use iSquint (http://www.isquint.org), which is free and works perfectly, or has so far! Good luck.
                "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

I got my first 2 Christmas cards today Yay yay

Thanks Chelle!!! and thanks Julia!!!!!

Comment

I got my first two international cards yesterday! From Chelle and Julia!

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                      Hugs to Eve and Chelle for the Christmas cards too, I was so excited when the mail arrived this morning

Spoiler:

My Mum found out on Monday that she has MS (multiple sclerosis) she told my brother and I last night so I'm feeling kinda sad right now, Mum's having lots of tests at the moment and we're all trying to stay positive right now.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      (((Julia))) Sending my love and hugs, just take what you need.

And thank you to Eve and Chelle for your beautiful cards, they arrived this morning.
                      sigpic

Comment

Fic Update

The Enemy Within

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Some have been reccing it, and so I read it. Journey's End by Denise. And it made me cry

Spoiler:
                          God, I hate it when they die.

It was beautiful Denise, everyone needs a good cry now and then
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            Hey Everyone,

That's very good, good luck with it I wasn't brave enough to make a vid

For Christmas, well when I was little my brother and I used to get up really early (my brother used to come get me out of bed and into my wheelchair) we'd race into my Mum's room and wake her up, then we'd sit beside the Christmas Tree and wait for my Mum to finish her cup of coffee before we could open our presents (it felt like the longest cup of coffee ever! ) then we'd open our presents and eat chocolate until lunch time

Now we are (supposed) to be grown up its different, my Mum lives in the US and my Gran and Granddad move there next year too. So we don't really spend Christmas day together any more but we do call each other on Skype, and I got to a friend for Christmas dinner, then I come spend the rest of my day here with all of you, my OL family

Spoiler:

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            Sending the love! *concentrates* don't apologise either good luck to your mum with the whole thing and take care of yourself too!

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                            Fic Update

The Enemy Within
                            Ooh...thank you! *reads*
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                              Oh! You have a loud family too!! My family is so loud you can hear them clear across the Tasman...I swear that's why I'm partially deaf!!...unfortunately I've inherited the loudness as have my kids...my younger brother is the loudest out of all of us...Christmas can be quite a headache!!!
                              Yes, I have three older brothers, this year 5 of my 8 nieces and nephews will be there and well, for some reason we've always been loud talkers.

Family...
                              can't live with 'em
                              can't live without 'em
                              can't shoot 'em legally
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Wow, empty stage! Good time for some belated shout outs!

But first: Much love and prayers, samcarterrules for your mom. Not a downer to share with people that care about you.

Congrats to all the milestones (I finally hit 1000 and got really cool pats on the back.) And to the birthdays that happened, many more!

Just sayin', haven't had time to peruse much of the board but sounds like Christmas is fun for you all. A less festive one this year for us; lost a close family member this summer and the loss is still potent. But kind of makes us all want to get together even more this time. Funny how it can work that way. Looking forward to the gathering. Till tomorrow!
                                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                                sigpic
                                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Working...
                                X