No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!

SECRET SANTA
    Because it is also a big success in S/J thread and cause it is a lot of fun to get to know each other and make Christmas into something special, I am going to do it on Samanda too.
    PLEASE JOIN, IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE BIG, just a little presents you make for someone can cheer up someone else their holiday

What is Secret Santa?

Everyone who signs up for it makes something for another person. You can make anything you like. music vids, fanmix, icons, wallpapers, headers, poem, fix, stories, picture stories, ... Be creative
    So you'll be making something for someone but you'll also be getting something.

How does it go?

Fill in this form, and mail it to: [email protected]
    And make sure your subjects of your mail says Secret Santa Samanda (or SAGC or Sam thread) cause I am also doing it for the ship thread

Your E-mail: So I can contact you.
    Name + nickname:
    Things you want to make:
    Things you don't want to make:
    Things you really like:
    Things you don't like:
    Your favourite things like colour, music, song, artist, country, city, place, food, drink: (so the person making something for you gets to know you and has more of an idea what you might like)

Deadlines:
    Singing up can be until 14 november then I'll send the assignments out around 16th november.

And assignments have to be in my mailbox before 16th December! Then I'll be mailing them off to everyone And if you want you can post them on this thread and tell who made it for you...

ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!
    Last edited by RepliCartertje; 05 November 2007, 01:49 PM. Reason: Meh :( Cause I can't write at all, and I better not delete it this time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
      You're mortal?! Well there goes my whole belief system.

Did I say "mortal"? Sorry. That's actually a type-o.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Did I say "mortal"? Sorry. That's actually a type-o.
        Glad we straightened that out

And because I can't resist this pic -

sigpic

Comment

Don't encourage her!
          No encouragement is necessary, believe me

However I do think I should clear something up, just incase it was taken the wrong way

This was my intial post, which I was replying to hisg1fans post. There was nothing that needed censoring in hisg1fans post, what I censored was myself, because my mind went in the gutter, as you can tell those who know me, knew it went there too

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
          Definitely.

Completely OT, but...

I read a survey once where they asked married men and women who travelled about their favorite thing to do while away from their spouses. Women said they liked having control of the remote (LOL too true ) and men said they liked eating in bed.

What is it with men and eating in bed!?!?
          *Remember PG forum...PG forum*

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
          Oh you didn't....Mandy's mind is always in the gutter.
          Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
          lol don't mind Mandy her mind wanders into the gutter often. Seemed perfectly harmless post to me
          Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
          Often.

Always.

Every waking second.

It was totally her.
          Hmmm, it looks like too many know where my mind goes

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post

It's scary that my thought process after that was to ponder whether Teal'c actually would or not and why he might need to, and then realising that there was no way that I could get that past the censor Would make for a terrifying SG-1 team discussion round the campfire

If you've come from a place that probably did with basic bits of linen, etc (like we did for most of our history) then the amount of fuss that we make about our underwear in terms of variety, shape, style, material, etc would probably warrant some bewilderment- at least a Teal'c-style quizzical eyebrow...

I wish I wasn't so busy with the M.A./wasn't so behind with my SGA seasons/my parents enjoyed it (I've got them into SG-1 and I think that's achievement enough!) because I'm starting to feel a tad left out as far as S4 is concerned
          So I hope I have cleared up, what was meant to be just a joke...yes I can make bad jokes too
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Glad we straightened that out

And because I can't resist this pic -

PengYn, are you trying to keep me in the gutter
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I've been lurking on and off on the GW forums for a while. I wanted my first post to be on this one because Sam is an absolutely wonderful character and Amanda does a great job portraying her!

There's such a friendly atmosphere in here too!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                PengYn, are you trying to keep me in the gutter
                You need help? Oh

Originally posted by Miss_Izzy View Post
                I've been lurking on and off on the GW forums for a while. I wanted my first post to be on this one because Sam is an absolutely wonderful character and Amanda does a great job portraying her!

Welcome Miss Izzy!
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                  Flip flops VS. thongs

For some reason I'm really curious about this. I spent the first 13 years of my life living in Northern California and the next twenty odd years near Seattle and I've always called these shoes thongs not flip flops. So I'm rather curious as to what areas of the world call them flip flops vs. thongs, because I don't really think it's a US vs Aussie thing.

So here's my question to you. In your neck of the woods, what would open-toed shoes you wear during the summer months be called?? Flip Flops when I was a kid

Here's another question....

Do you eat peanut butter? If yes, what is your favorite compliment?
                  Jelly? Jam? Fluff? Bananas? Love Crunchy Peanut Butter - but just Peanut Butter

If you detest peanut butter, then what other sort of sandwich do you eat? Vegemite? Nutella? Marmite?

And to keep this on topic, seeing as Sam probably travelled quite a lot while growing up, do you think she has a preference? Loves peanut butter - flip flops vs thong whatever the locals say she would go with
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Over on the MGM web site they have posted an article by Sharon Gosling with Martin Woods take on "Tabula Rasa" check it out here

small bit about Carter from article
                    Spoiler:
                    “The thing that happens when you lose your memory is that your personality doesn’t change,” says the Director. “But because you don’t have all the information that you normally have, you’re not as aggressive or as forward as you normally would be. So whereas Carter tends to be a very dominant character, because she didn’t know what she was up against, because she didn’t know where she was, that element got reduced a little bit until she got into a leadership role again.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

So I hope I have cleared up, what was meant to be just a joke...yes I can make bad jokes too
                      All Clear

I'm still new, so I don't want to do anything wrong. I'm a little paranoid when posting as I'm trying to 'say the right things in the right places'. I finally 'got it' after a little time. As someone who makes nuns look risque', the more provacative meaning of my post completely flew over my head.

The survey was conducted by Westin hotels and the results have almost single-handedly renovated, not only their own rooms, but the entire hotel industry in the last few years. I travel a lot for work, so nice hotel rooms are a very serious deal for me.

I won't get into the food thing again though. Although, I still can't fathom the results for the men. Now I know how some people are and I'm sure I'll be checking out the gutter soon enough.

Especially, the more I look at some of the thunk threads (RDA, Cliff Simon, etc.) I've found I can't look at those very close to bedtime or while in hotel rooms

Comment

Originally posted by Miss_Izzy View Post

Hi welcome

Comment

No encouragement is necessary, believe me

However I do think I should clear something up, just incase it was taken the wrong way...
                          Just for the record, my post was meant as a joke as well. The image that popped into my mind concerning Teal'c as I went down my own special twisted little path following Sky's joke should actually be censored just in general I really, really wasn't taking you seriously Mandy (why would I do that? Wrong person, and totally wrong place ).

It could be worse. On the Jonas thread people who stray off the path of PG get beaten with the infamous and feared PG Paddle. I've been a victim on numerous occasions
                          sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                            All Clear

I'm still new, so I don't want to do anything wrong. I'm a little paranoid when posting as I'm trying to 'say the right things in the right places'. I finally 'got it' after a little time. As someone who makes nuns look risque', the more provacative meaning of my post completely flew over my head.

The survey was conducted by Westin hotels and the results have almost single-handedly renovated, not only their own rooms, but the entire hotel industry in the last few years. I travel a lot for work, so nice hotel rooms are a very serious deal for me.

I won't get into the food thing again though. Although, I still can't fathom the results for the men. Now I know how some people are and I'm sure I'll checking out the gutter soon enough.

Especially, the more I look at some of the thunk threads (RDA, Cliff Simon, etc.) I've found I can't look at those very close to bedtime or while in hotel rooms
                            Hey, there's always room for one more in the gutter
                            just ask, Sky, Jan, PengYn, Deejay.... darn who else did I miss

Oh is this a good post to welcome Miss Izzy, or will she be pulled into the gutter with the rest of us

Edited to add resurgamlaura
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hey, there's always room for one more in the gutter
                              just ask, Sky, Jan, PengYn, Deejay.... darn who else did I miss

Oh is this a good post to welcome Miss Izzy, or will she be pulled into the gutter with the rest of us

Edited to add resurgamlaura
                              Um...maybe it would be best to list the non-gutter dwellers first...

*Looks around*

*Tumbleweeds*

Oops

And whilst I remember (), a big welcome to Miss Izzy!
                              sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X