Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
    Sorry.

I was actually talking about food (the crackers). Didn't mean to say something censored
    Oh no, it wasn't you

My mind has a way of going places...that are cencored
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sorry.

I was actually talking about food (the crackers). Didn't mean to say something censored
      Oh you didn't....Mandy's mind is always in the gutter.
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry.

lol don't mind Mandy her mind wanders into the gutter often. Seemed perfectly harmless post to me

Comment

Sorry.

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
          Oh you didn't....Mandy's mind is always in the gutter.
          Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
          lol don't mind Mandy her mind wanders into the gutter often. Seemed perfectly harmless post to me
          Often.

Always.

Every waking second.

It was totally her.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
            Often.

Always.

Every waking second.

It was totally her.
            Et tu Deejay
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              *Remember PG forum...PG forum*

LOL

yep, my mind plopped directly down in the gutter.

We'll just ignore it and move on
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Et tu Deejay
                What else are friends for?

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

NC
                  Happy Belated Birthday chocdoc!!!

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                  Hi everyone!

Life has been barreling down hard on me lately, for one thing I've had to start chemo again, so I haven't had a lot of energy for the boards. But I've missed it around here.

Does anyone have any good 'spark a discussion' questions lying around? I don't think I could drum one up right now, but I'd love to answer one!
                  ((((Deejay))))

Hope things get better for you soon

How about this question:

If Sam Carter and Helen Magnus were on opposites of a battle and met in a dark alley, who would win?
                  Sam, ftw.

Because of her years of military training, hand to hand, etc...

Sam lives and breathes military stuff (and physics), Helen's happy place seems to be the autopsy table...

I love fireworks!

Watching them, planning them, and firing them off myself. There is nothing like the sound of the big 'thunk' when they go shooting out of the canons!
                  I love fireworks. The colors, the variety of explosive patterns, the sounds.

Of course, my pets think July 4th is the beginning of the end.

Sometimes we watch fireworks when they are set off over the ocean. Stunningly beautiful, family picnic all day, kids running around. I guess I associate the whole thing with warm fuzzies.

In contrast to that, today I heard repeated gunshots (hunters target shooting away from us, no actual danger to us) on my dog hike and one was very close and very frightening. The power of it and the intent of it almost made me cry.

It was weird, since I am not prone to crying. I have fired guns before, and I didn't react that way. Too much violence in the news maybe. Dunno.

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                  Some multiquotes coming up
                  I mean in the end it also doesn't matter that much... I mean we know who Sam is and what she stands for and that is why we like her
                  Nods in agreement. And welcome back!

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                  I haven't seen the episode yet, but that's a question that's always fascinated me; how much of our character is inborn, and how much is shaped by our experiences?

It's something that fascinates me about the AU episodes or, more precisely, the Sam's in them; genetically, they seem to be identical (although one could argue that that might not be true of Moebius AU Sam because of the glasses) but there are definitely some differences in personality, but also similarities.

Looking at our Sam and the main AU Sams - "There But For The Grace of God", "Point of View", "Moebius" and "Ripple Effect" - I would say that they all have intelligence and courage in common, but TBFTGOG Sam, POV Sam and Moeb Sam never joined the military, our Sam and RE Sam did.

Does that mean that RE Sam is more like our Sam than the others? RE Sam is certainly more ruthless, but if Sam experienced her circumstances, would she do the same thing? I don't think so, but who knows?

TBFTGOG Sam and POV Sam were involved with the Jacks of their realities, and Moeb Sam was attracted to the Jack in hers. There was no mention of RE Sam being involved with anyone. Depending on whether or not you see our Sam being attracted to Jack, if she was, do emotional connections (family and friends and even enemies as well as romantic interests) play more of a part in shaping a character than things like career choices, less of a part or about the same part?

One of the reasons I love the AU Sams is because they bring up so many questions about our Sam and how and why she became the amazing person she is.

Milestone post - 8,000th.
                  Mega thoughts for a mega post.

Great post.

Genes versus environment? The usual ambiguous answer - both?

And which seemingly nothing decisions resulted in each different RE Sam? Or was it the momentous decisions that made forks in the parallel universes?

Basic temperament seems to have some genetic input, right?

For instance, they have tracked different personalities of fish - some are outgoing, some shy and timid. Apparently in fish, this is genetically determined, since their mommies tend to leave them at the one-cell stage of life...

Interestingly, the timid fish have a better chance of survival - they stick to shadows, rocks, secret spots and avoid getting EATEN, while the outgoing, brave temperament fish conquer the entire stream, but get whacked by hungry (yet shy) carnivores. hehe.

Geek is now turned off.

Short Stuck update....We're still working out last detail..hope to have all details for ya soon. Sorry for the delay.

Jan
                  Thanks for your work on this.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  and a quick fic drop off
                  http://lyssie.the-family-archives.co...adingblows.htm

little sam/teal'c friendship bit
                  Nice fic. Thanks.

martin is a VERY good director. can't quite wrap my head around a person that wears shorts year round...even in canada but he's a good guy

during TR

Spoiler:
                  when keller was briefing sam and shep on the situation, i swear i could see on sam's face 'i've been in command mere weeks and everyone could get dead????
                  Yeah, I felt that
                  Spoiler:
                  "Holy. Crud.!!" moment, too.

I really enjoyed TR. Looking forward to next weeks episode!
                  Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                  Quint Studer

Comment

Sorry.

LOL

you're not in trouble. We just took a quick paddle in the gutter is all

sigpic

Comment

Yeah that Dear Sky note was a little mean....

well, it took a force shield

man simply CANNOT take no for an answer

sigpic

Comment

Yeah that Dear Sky note was a little mean....
                        ROFL!!
                        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                        Quint Studer

Comment

martin is a VERY good director. can't quite wrap my head around a person that wears shorts year round...even in canada but he's a good guy

during TR

Spoiler:
                          when keller was briefing sam and shep on the situation, i swear i could see on sam's face 'i've been in command mere weeks and everyone could get dead???? i will never live it down if that happens....and remind me to send hammond and jack fruit baskets next time i'm home no wonder they both went bald/grey'
                          OT but couldn't resist. When I moved to the northwest coast 35 years ago I couldn't believe how many guys, both in Victoria and Seattle, wore shorts all winter usually with Birenstocks with socks! Then in March when I went to the Vancouver con there were some guys at Bridge studios dressed the same and it was pouring rain. BBRRRRRRRR!!! Postmen in Seattle too.

And yes--I wear sandals all year round alternating with "sneakers" on really cold days. I believe in comfort... I'll bet Amanda does too.

donamac

Comment

Short Stuck update....We're still working out last detail..hope to have all details for ya soon. Sorry for the delay.

Jan
                            Thanks Jan on the update. I'm looking forward to the post though that lets us all know when/where/how we can start ordering our own copy. *bounce* Can't wait!

Originally posted by Lisa-Ann View Post
                            Hi everyone,

I've been reading this thread for months and I've enjoyed every post so I thought I'd join up and de-lurk and hopefully partcipate in all of the fun things that go on here.

Amanda Tapping is made of awesome!

Amanda is so talented and amazing and pretty and inspiring and funny. I'm so happy to have some place to come to catch up on all of the latest information and clips and pictures. And I've wanted to thank you all for a long time. You guys rock!

Lisa x
                            Welcome Lisa to Samanada!
                            I'm glad you chose to de-lurk and join the fun!
                            i remember when my cat was pregnant and yeah, it was so cool to feel the kittens moving. when she was in labor, she laid on my tummy and i could feel the contractions.

new kitties are great. best of luck with them

and a quick fic drop off
                            http://lyssie.the-family-archives.co...adingblows.htm

little sam/teal'c friendship bit
                            Ooh neat! Just keep 'em coming!

<snip>
                            during TR
                            Spoiler:
                            when keller was briefing sam and shep on the situation, i swear i could see on sam's face 'i've been in command mere weeks and everyone could get dead???? i will never live it down if that happens....and remind me to send hammond and jack fruit baskets next time i'm home no wonder they both went bald/grey'
                            LOL...I can just imagine her thinking this too. You gotta write up a bit piece on this! Would be too funny!

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                            <snip>
                            I love fireworks. The colors, the variety of explosive patterns, the sounds.

Of course, my pets think July 4th is the beginning of the end.

Sometimes we watch fireworks when they are set off over the ocean. Stunningly beautiful, family picnic all day, kids running around. I guess I associate the whole thing with warm fuzzies.

In contrast to that, today I heard repeated gunshots (hunters target shooting away from us, no actual danger to us) on my dog hike and one was very close and very frightening. The power of it and the intent of it almost made me cry.

It was weird, since I am not prone to crying. I have fired guns before, and I didn't react that way. Too much violence in the news maybe. Dunno.
                            ah yes...hunting season has begun. Where I work I think I'm kept abreast on just about every season hunters live by...duck, pheasant, deer, elk..you name it. Some I never even heard of too.

I agree with you though. Hearing a gun at close range can be rather frightening. Hope your feeling better.

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                            Geek is now turned off.
                            *gasp* Never!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                              Yep.

Want some frozen yoghurt? My sister will never remember she left it in the freezer when she gets back in a week. *holds out spoon*
                              *eats to share the guilt* what else are friends for

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              do you guys ever have one of those days where you just have these warm and fuzzies about your fave character or actress/actor? i'm having one of those today about amanda. it's prob because i'm mood swinging (period), but still...

maybe because of amanda's latest scifi interview thingie, where she's THE MAN and is so obviously enjoying herself. i'm super glad amanda's happy. i want that for her as much as i would for a family member. and amanda DESERVES it!!!

(((amanda)))

sally
                              I'm glad you're having one of those great days. I share your fuzzies and squee ness hehe ...enjoy it. Sam and Amanda both totally rock my absent socks.

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                              OT but couldn't resist. When I moved to the northwest coast 35 years ago I couldn't believe how many guys, both in Victoria and Seattle, wore shorts all winter usually with Birenstocks with socks! Then in March when I went to the Vancouver con there were some guys at Bridge studios dressed the same and it was pouring rain. BBRRRRRRRR!!! Postmen in Seattle too.

And yes--I wear sandals all year round alternating with "sneakers" on really cold days. I believe in comfort... I'll bet Amanda does too.

donamac
                              I love shorts and bare feet...I can never wait for the ground to get warm enough in Spring to run around barefoot again! The only positive trousers have over shorts is a) when it's cold and wet and b) can get away with leg hair in trews.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                                Vala: I would've thought you'd be fine with it. I mean, after ten years you must have seen it all...
                                Sam: What?
                                Vala: The boys. A planet. A lake. And some interesting local customs...and substances.
                                Sam: Don't know what you mean.
                                Vala: I found the photos in your desk drawer.
                                Sam: Oh.
                                Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post

Sam: Vala, you utterly amaze me. Not many people will find photos in a locked drawer.

Vala: Ah, yes. Well, it's an acquired skill
                                Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                                Sam: Vala, I need you to do something for me.
                                Vala: Name it.
                                Sam: Over the past ten years, it's been up to me to make sure that the boys actually survive their missions but now that I'm leaving for Atlantis, I'll need you to take over and keep them out of trouble...
                                Vala: No problem.
                                Sam: ...without fitting them with shock collars and leashes.
                                Vala: No way!
                                ROTFLMAO!!
                                Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                do you guys ever have one of those days where you just have these warm and fuzzies about your fave character or actress/actor? i'm having one of those today about amanda. it's prob because i'm mood swinging (period), but still...

maybe because of amanda's latest scifi interview thingie, where she's THE MAN and is so obviously enjoying herself. i'm super glad amanda's happy. i want that for her as much as i would for a family member. and amanda DESERVES it!!!

(((amanda)))

sally

Well said Sally I get days like that too

((((((Amanda)))))))
                                ((((((Sally))))))
                                ((((((Samanda)))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X