No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooh darn..I tried to remember this, but alas! I totally forgot *kicks brain* Sorry for the double post.

Happy Birthday Amanda Tapping Fan!!
    Hope you have an awesome day today with lots and lots of spoiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      ooh darn..I tried to remember this, but alas! I totally forgot *kicks brain* Sorry for the double post.

Ditto! And Happy Birthday Wishes to all our September Samandans!

The interview with Zelenka was interesting. I didn't like the host jumping on the AT-Torri tension with him and then twisting Amanda's addition a bit when he mentioned that he wasn't in as many back eppies as the beginning of the season. She seemed to then infer that maybe Sam Carter was taking over the science techno stuff with Rodney. Unfair shot IMO.

Zelenka, of course, speaks highly of both Amanda and Jewel and how lovely it is to work with them.

I haven't seen yesterday's first ep but would expect that Sam doesn't begin to play a prominent role until the original crew survive their present crisis. A good way to catch up with SGA cast and arcs is to read through the episode summaries here at GW.

Spoiler:
      I'm looking forward to Sam meeting the Wraith for the very first time. And I love that there will be some kind of Replicators around.

When we had tea with Amanda in London, she was so concerned about fans' reactions to her crossing over and then asked each of us our opinion. Since I had watched SGA for a time, I was pleased that we were going to get to see Sam in their galaxy. I told her as much and then said that I'd love to see some kick-ass Carter with Teyla, maybe off-world and stranded and fighting the Wraith or whatever alone. She seemed to like that idea too so I hope that she gets her chance to do some action episodes rather than just sitting in her "fishbowl" command center.

I hope the ratings gain them at least one more season to explore the many face(t)s of Sam Carter. I can never tire of seeing Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
        Ditto!

Spoiler:
        I'm looking forward to Sam meeting the Wraith for the very first time. And I love that there will be some kind of Replicators around.

When we had tea with Amanda in London, she was so concerned about fans' reactions to her crossing over and then asked each of us our opinion. Since I had watched SGA for a time, I was pleased that we were going to get to see Sam in their galaxy. I told her as much and then said that I'd love to see some kick-ass Carter with Teyla, maybe off-world and stranded and fighting the Wraith or whatever alone. She seemed to like that idea too so I hope that she gets her chance to do some action episodes rather than just sitting in her "fishbowl" command center.

I hope the ratings gain them at least one more season to explore the many face(t)s of Sam Carter. I can never tire of seeing Sam.
        OOOhhhh, yeah baby....

Spoiler:
        Kick a** Sam and Teyla! That would be AWESOME! Even Teyla and Sam sparring like she has with Shep and Ronon. Oooohhh. Maybe season 5? What a nice counterpoint to Sam in Emancipation too. She kicked somebody's a** at the beginning of SG-1, so why not at the beginning of SGA? I doubt that will happen though, but there is always fan fiction Hint, hint.

From some of the comments about the season, it looks like the fight may be coming to Atlantis, not necessarily from Atlanteans going other places. So, by default, the fighting will come to Sam. The fish bowl won't be that safe.

By the way, when will we know what the ratings were?

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

Ditto! Hope it's fantastic...I made a cake today (a giant jaffa cake)...I'll send you a slice

I can't wait to see the new season of SGA...I've also finally got enough pennies to buy season 8 of SG1 woo woo..it's now in the post somewhere
          sigpic
          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Happy Birthday Amanda Tapping fan!!!!!

and Spacegirlnz, i feel your pain still haven't watched it myself but I think I'll be doing that in a bit I am not sure if I am going to like it though, recently watched some season 3 of SGA and now I feel sad about it I have so mixed feelings atm

Comment

Anybody want.. or mind .. some season 4 pic spam?
              No real spoilers just Sam all the way.

Spoiler:

My favourite -

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday!!!! Amanda Tapping Fan!!!!!!

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

Spoiler:

My favourite -

Spoiler:

Lots of good pictures there. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

The interview with Zelenka was interesting. I didn't like the host jumping on the AT-Torri tension with him and then twisting Amanda's addition a bit when he mentioned that he wasn't in as many back eppies as the beginning of the season. She seemed to then infer that maybe Sam Carter was taking over the science techno stuff with Rodney. Unfair shot IMO.

Zelenka, of course, speaks highly of both Amanda and Jewel and how lovely it is to work with them.
                  Yeah I totally agree. I thought the same thing when I read the interview. I wish they had the audio of the interview to hear the tone of the interviewer. She seemed to very biased in her questions and tried to spin the events into something that it's not, in my opinion anyways. I thought David Nykl (Zelenka) however was very professional and loved his responses! He pretty much said exactly what's going on and what happened behind the scenes. He speaks highly oh AT, JS and TH. I thought he did very well and his character was great in last nights episode!

Comment

Happy Birthday to Amanda Tapping Fan! and to all those that I missed while on vacation seems like there were a few!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                      Happy Birthday to Amanda Tapping Fan! and to all those that I missed while on vacation seems like there were a few!
                      You had a vacation. I wish I could have a vacation.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA TAPPING FAN!!
                        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                        Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
                          You had a vacation. I wish I could have a vacation.
                          lol I highly recommend it!

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

Great pics PengYn! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Comment

NC

Comment

Hey, I've been to the Women of the Gates lj but I can't find instructions on what to do with my Sam Vala fic. Now this may be because I'm not entirely lucid due to a pesky bug, rather than lack of instructions per se, but given that I've actually written my prompt in this feverish state I need numpty instructions on who/where and in what format to send it (once it's run past my beta who is, I hope, more lucid ).
                              scarimor

Comment

Okay someone has definitely decided to target the football crowd for advertising SGA. I'm currently watching LSU vs Tulane on ESPN2 and they just ran an ad for SGA. It is the one were the fans make the Stargate with David Hewlett that then shows some clips from S3 and ends with the message watch it live Fridays at 10:00 PM on SciFi - STARGATE.MGM.COM - It is one of the ads that were made last year that they have added the watch it live and MGMs web address to and start showing on networks other than SciFi.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X