Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post
    i got sam carter on that quiz thing too.
    http://www.stargatesg1971.com/quiz/carter.html

based on the descriptions posted by others here, i could have sworn i'd turn out to be a jack o'neill, or at least a teal'c. not that i'm complaining of course, just seems to me i'd be more of a mean sarcastic mutha-shut-yo-mouth or a "holds family and friendship with high regard" type of chick.
    i'm more touchy/feely, so i usally end up as daniel or janet or sam.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
      Morjana just posted a link to an interview with David Hewlett and Amanda over at Scifi.com that was done at Comic Con. It's about 4 minutes long and they are just adorable together.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=46959

Thanks to Morjana for the link!
      LOL
      Spoiler:
      "siblings with a twist!"

so wrong, yet so funny.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i'm more touchy/feely, so i usally end up as daniel or janet or sam.

sally
        hhmm, i'm more heartless and dead inside.

but i tend to get a bit of a mix depending on how the quizzer describes the character.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          Has anyone posted about the PopVox Awards here? I just found it on one of the yahoo! spoiler lists, which got the info from the ADB list.

The Awards site gives you a chance to nominate Sanctuary under the "Best VFX" and "Homegrown: The Best of BC" categories. I think you have to register to vote, but the registration process is really easy.

Voting started on September 12th and ends on September 17th, so everyone still has a chance to vote.
          *peaks in*....I voted

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post
            i got sam carter on that quiz thing too.
            http://www.stargatesg1971.com/quiz/carter.html

based on the descriptions posted by others here, i could have sworn i'd turn out to be a jack o'neill, or at least a teal'c. not that i'm complaining of course, just seems to me i'd be more of a mean sarcastic mutha-shut-yo-mouth or a "holds family and friendship with high regard" type of chick.
            You broke the quiz. I've tried three times now and when I click the button to find out who I am...I get a 404 error.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              You broke the quiz. I've tried three times now and when I click the button to find out who I am...I get a 404 error.
              Twasn't Stargate Barbie. It was your outstanding (magnetic)brilliance Sunny.

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                Twasn't Stargate Barbie. It was your outstanding (magnetic)brilliance Sunny.

suse

Yeah, that's it.

It's probably because that site doesn't like Firefox as a browser. No worries.

*would rather go watch the last 4 eps of BBC Robin Hood anyway...

Good night Samandans!

ETA: Yeppers that's it. That site doesn't like Firefox. BOO! Anyway...big surprise here folks...I got...
                Spoiler:
                SAM!
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

MGM updated their web site today - new banner under spoiler tag

Spoiler:

http://stargate.mgm.com/ home page has announcement about SGA S4 starting on 9/28 on SciFi - also a new banner advertising the SG1 Continuum behind the scene video

They have not put Carter back on the SG1 cast page yet - but it looks like they are doing more updating on the SGA side since the new season starts soon.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                    I find the
                    [runs round the thread going LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA ] Approach works well.

hugs
                    becks
                    You can have a longer break before AT4. You guys didn't give yourself much of a break between 2 and 3. That will give people more time to save up and come see all of you.
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                      Probably the usual suspects...who opened the drinks cabinet? Own up now...
                      The cabinet gets closed?
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        Scifi.com has put up a six minute Q&A with Amanda and David H from COMIC CON at www.scifi.com (just click on scifi pulse at top right)

For those unable to view it, screencaps and transcript are up at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/111963.html
                        Or download an mpg.
                        http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E8MTTM7V
                        William Shakespeare

Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                          OH very nice i love it.

Oh me too, add me to the list of whos jello will be full of tears, i mean ive already started saving for it.

Yay i got.....
                          Spoiler:

Major Samantha Carter
                          Well looks like your personality is very much like the plasma/particle physics expert of SG-1. You are a highly intelligent person who takes thier work and commitments seriously, if you are given a task you will not stop until it has been completed to your satisfaction. You have a thirst for knowledge and are always striving to learn more. You are not easily intimidated and once you make a friend they're one for life. You probably spend a lot of time doing your hobby.

And by that descripition i realised i actually am quite simmiler to them everything fits, well besibes the intelegent part.

Ill join that pact already started ill see you there

Oh no they didnt oh no watch out for the flying jello, hey dont throw the ble stuff its too valuable * looks down at blue jello on shirt* ok who was it if your gana throw blue jello at me....aim for my mouth
                          Woo another Sam and another member of the pact! we'll do it!

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Scifi.com has put up a six minute Q&A with Amanda and David H from COMIC CON at www.scifi.com (just click on scifi pulse at top right)

For those unable to view it, screencaps and transcript are up at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/111963.html
                          Thats very cool! Those two are hilarious such a great start to my saturday *boings*

they really are cute together.

and they're wired with craziness when they get together!

(((amanda))) --> for worrying about atlantis fans

and i'm *really* glad amanda's got someone like david in her corner... he seems like a really nice guy.

sally
                          They are really cute! You'd have to be a great guy to get away with playing someone as obnoxious as McKay hehe.

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
                          *peaks in*....I voted
                          Woo well done

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                          You can have a longer break before AT4. You guys didn't give yourself much of a break between 2 and 3. That will give people more time to save up and come see all of you.
                          But not too long a break hehehe
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            Hey Everyone,

Nice quiz Celandine thanks for sharing

I think I got Jack too

EDIT: *hands Julia a stiff drink* breathe Julia breathe!
                            EDIT 2: must type faster, Mandy beat me

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            Woo! I think your the only one so far. *high fives*

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                            Has anyone posted about the PopVox Awards here? I just found it on one of the yahoo! spoiler lists, which got the info from the ADB list.

The Awards site gives you a chance to nominate Sanctuary under the "Best VFX" and "Homegrown: The Best of BC" categories. I think you have to register to vote, but the registration process is really easy.

Voting started on September 12th and ends on September 17th, so everyone still has a chance to vote.
                            *votes* Thanks for sharing the link.

Originally posted by Cascade View Post

Oooooft, I'd love to join you if there is an AT4. I'd have to start saving now though! I'm terrible with money. Speaking of being terrible with money, I saw a SG-1 DVD in the pound shop today, and bought it. £1 for "The Enemy Within", "Emancipation" and "The Broca Divide". My friends said it was silly of me, but it was only a pound!
                            *waves* Add me! I'm going regardless of hell or high water.

Just gotta figure out how many pennies I'll need for the ticket with the conversion rates being what they are. *hates math*

Morjana just posted a link to an interview with David Hewlett and Amanda over at Scifi.com that was done at Comic Con. It's about 4 minutes long and they are just adorable together.

Wow..their dynamics are awesome! I love it! Would love to seem more of it in the future. I had a snicker when David talked about his plant stimulator science project. Brought back such awesome memories of the science fairs I've entered before. Even won third place once for building a lie detector test.

oh, i'm sam, i'm sam!!
                            For some silly reason, your saying this reminded me of the Dr. Seuss book "Green Eggs and Ham" - 'I do not like them in a box, I do not like them with a fox, etc...Sam I am.

I know, weird random thought there.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                              MGM updated their web site today - new banner under spoiler tag

Spoiler:

http://stargate.mgm.com/ home page has announcement about SGA S4 starting on 9/28 on SciFi - also a new banner advertising the SG1 Continuum behind the scene video

They have not put Carter back on the SG1 cast page yet - but it looks like they are doing more updating on the SGA side since the new season starts soon.
                              Oh i like this banner, it really looks nice
                              Spoiler:
                              nice to see Amanda twice in the banner, and nice to see they put keller in there too

thanks for sharing and telling us about it

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                                When I get off topic in the future, just chuck me in the back of a paddy wagon.
                                http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/7292/dsc0332oq7.jpg

Someone bust me out of here...
                                Really...
                                OMG!! What did you do Eileen??? You are so in deep doo doo!!!
                                Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                Wow..very pretty...and your car is soo clean! hehe I love how your making the most of advertising Sancutary though. Considering what I've seen some people put on their car showing their affiliation or support for, this is a very nice change. Go you!
                                Hehehe...my car is actually extremely filthy but you can't tell from the photo...but my hope is that the sticker will help spread the word about Sanctuary!!
                                Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
                                Off-topic hour I see.
                                And you point would be...????? ...Don't fret pet...we'll be back on topic after these few messages!!!
                                That's one of those stories for the book Julia and I are going to write... you know the one about organising conventions.... the one we'd need to shoot anyone who read it!!!
                                Becks
                                I always said I would die young!!!
                                Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                                I'll bet
                                AT4. Me and Chelle, that's where we will be.
                                If AT3 is the last we will cry into our jello.
                                I have faith in the G4 to bring us AT4...right?????
                                Awe..that's so cool! If I had the cash, I'd definitely have bid on any piece of clothing Amanda rubbed over her chest. Hell yeah! It's all for a good cause of course.
                                I do hope to get myself across the puddle when AT4 happens...and it better or I'm gonna really rant about that one..hehe I sooo want to meet her in person...and get one of those hugs for myself perhaps.
                                I had a dream last night...or rather this morning that I met Amanda in person...my second dream like that...and it was sooo cool...but so sad coz I cried when she had to go...I woke up totally depressed...but watched the start of Insiders with breakfast before work and felt much better!!!
                                Whoops! Taking us a bit off topic again it seems. Smite me later.
                                My mind can never sit still so this morning I found this -http://www.stargatesg1971.com/quiz/whichcharacter.html
                                I thought of opening a new thread somewhere for this, but after pondering for all of 2 seconds, I decided to just post it here. I've gotten to know and love the whole lot of you and really wondered if my perceptions of who you really are are correct..hehe
                                Anyway, it's a silly Stargate personality survey to determine which character you would be. If your up to it, do try it out and post your results for us to ogle over.
                                Here's mine. *g*
                                Spoiler:

Looks Like Your Character Is....

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Well looks like your personality is very much like the CO of SG-1. You have great leadership skills, remain calm under pressure, take pride in your work, although on occasions you can be hostile towards others you generally take other peoples feeling into account, you tend to be a loner but you probably have a few close friends who know the "real" you, you're intelligent but tend not to show it too often and you have a sarcastic sense of humor.
                                There be no smiting in this here thread!!!
                                That would be cool if it would work for me...i get some error thingy 404...go figure!!
                                EDIT:...I did the test on IE and it worked...I'm Jack O'Neill...eww...how did that happen??
                                Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                                Ye Gods! I poke my head in here for a nanosecond and find you talking about AT4!!!!!!
                                Argh, I haven't even started on the AT3 scheduling yet....
                                busy with the program designing right now.
                                Julia
                                G4
                                I find the
                                [runs round the thread going LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA ] Approach works well.
                                hugs
                                becks
                                (((Julia and Becky)))...now now ladies...don't panic...we're just very hopeful and positive that AT4 will happen and are just planning ahead...slightly!!
                                Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                I am not sure if the G4 should be drinking until AT3 is over, okay who gave them drinks??? who?? who??
                                I don't care who gave it to them...but pass the bottle this way will ya...I need it after the awful afternoon I just had!!
                                Thank you Melora and Morjana!! It took forever to load but finally got to watch it...in dribs and drabs...but they were just adorable...and I loved hearing Amanda's laugh/giggle...she's obviously much more relaxed with it now...good on her!!!
                                wow, chelle, that's great!
                                ~you should get 'something' from the sanctuary ptb for your dedication and support~
                                i think i want one of those two. pm me and let me know how you did it.
                                sally
                                You want a sticker Sally?? Sure...I'll PM you tomorrow night if that's ok...I'm a little ugh tonight...had a little cry on hubby's shoulder...eyes are still a little wet!!
                                All I want from the Sanctuary team is that they are successful with their endeavor. And that they start pumping out more webisodes soon...I really miss it already!!!
                                It's probably because that site doesn't like Firefox as a browser. No worries.
                                ETA: Yeppers that's it. That site doesn't like Firefox. BOO! Anyway...big surprise here folks...I got...
                                Spoiler:
                                SAM!
                                Me too...and I thought it might be firefox as well so I'll go into IE later and try again...bummer!!!
                                Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                Thanks rderoch...you know I tried megaupload the other night for Breakdown and I got the picture but no sound...will try again next week to see if it was just a bugged download!!

Good night everyone...hope you all enjoy the weekend!!
                                Take care, be safe, have fun and hug your loved ones...even when they totally tis you off...coz life is really too short!
                                (((Samanda)))
                                Last edited by Chelle DB; 15 September 2007, 05:36 AM.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X