Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Hey, we've gotta be careful not to whump antoa or we won't get the drawing!
    Whumping! Woot!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
      I do bruise easily. At least I'll know where I got the bruise from this time.
      Mystery bruises are fun! It's like a puzzle to solve everyday.

More on topic: She needs the kneepads in the pants for going around the sharp turns in Atlantis on her Indian.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

While we wait for the GW exclusives, here are larger versions of the two "Lifeline" stills.

Spoiler:

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Just caught up, boy Samanda's can talk...a lot

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Hey Sally, just for you

From Joe's blog, spoilers for S4
          Spoiler:
          Anonymous #4 writes: “Will we get any evil or whumped Carter in Atlantis this season?”

Answer: Whumped Carter? Oh, yes.

*waits for the high pitched loud squee*
          Hey Mandy I'm not Sally but can I Squee too? *Squeeeeee!* thanks, HeHe!
          Originally posted by rolleson View Post
          snipped...
          Do any of you really, really think that Amanda would let a character she's played for ten years become a sci-fi cliche now? After she and the writers brought her out of those early days. Amanda is a pretty strong woman, she wouldn't let Sam become a dimensional character like that. We already know there's more to Sam, I'm looking forward to seeing her in a new environment, because she really came out into her own with nu sg-1 so this will be interesting. And fun.
          snipped...
          I think your right, I think Amanda will do her very best to keep the Canon of Sam intact as much as possible b/c she has work hard these last 10 years to not let Sam become the supper clever Sci-Fi chick, but Amanda doesn't creative control over Sam all she can do is make suggestions and offer her opinions its ultimately TPTB that make the decisions and also Amanda has to play Sam a bit differently on SGA b/c Sam's role has changed a lot so I'm expecting some differences (and looking forward to them too ) as long as she's still the Sam we know and love, then I'm happy. Just keeping my fingers crossed that TPTB don't stuff it up...

Ooops I've rambled again sorry

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
            Lol!

and
            Spoiler:
            waterbottles used as cell phones....

Spoiler:
            ah....science world...

Thank you, homeless man!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I love it for some reason when AT talks about "stepping into Sam Carter's boots" when she talks about getting into character. I've noticed Sam sometimes has worn cool boots, or bootlike shoes in her civilian outfits too. I love that outfit in Upgrades. Cool off duty clothes.
              Oh I make broad sweeping judgements about people based entirely on their choice of footwear, oddly shallow I know but I have always been relieved that the Sam character wears appropriate (though often also cool) footwear.

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
              While we wait for the GW exclusives, here are larger versions of the two "Lifeline" stills.

Spoiler:
              Ooh thankee *admires*

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
              Hey Everyone,

Just caught up, boy Samanda's can talk...a lot

Hey Mandy I'm not Sally but can I Squee too? *Squeeeeee!* thanks, HeHe!

I think your right, I think Amanda will do her very best to keep the Canon of Sam intact as much as possible b/c she has work hard these last 10 years to not let Sam become the supper clever Sci-Fi chick, but Amanda doesn't creative control over Sam all she can do is make suggestions and offer her opinions its ultimately TPTB that make the decisions and also Amanda has to play Sam a bit differently on SGA b/c Sam's role has changed a lot so I'm expecting some differences (and looking forward to them too ) as long as she's still the Sam we know and love, then I'm happy. Just keeping my fingers crossed that TPTB don't stuff it up...

Ooops I've rambled again sorry

Julia(samcarterrules)
              Yeah I think you're right about the differences between Sam on SG1 and Sam on Atlantis, and not in a bad way but in a human way, I mean, people are different in the various parts of their lives and roles...Sam the base commander is bound to be different to Sam the field soldier and Sam the scientist etc...hmm. And don't apologise for rambling
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                Amanda looks lovely in the promos. Not sure it looks like Sam any more though. Wait and see. And why does Tellya have two left hands? It can't be Ronon's, its a left hand not his right one.

FF
                yes, it does raise the question,

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post

Spoiler:
                  http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/oompahloompahtapdancing/whos-hand.jpg
                  Dude. WTF. And where is Ronan's arm? Worst. Photoshop. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post

Spoiler:
                    LOL I'm sure someone in the art department is going...
                    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 12 September 2007, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                      LOL I'm sure someone in the art department is going... whose left hand is that?

Ever think it might have been done on purpose for sharp-eyed people like yourself to notice?

I know..crazy thought, but I just had a good bike ride, I'm exhausted (which is a good thing), and I dearly need a shower. Compared with my overall emotional state as of late, I'm feeling so much better that to make silly comments like this is good.

Anyway...off to unstinkify!

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        More photos on Gateworld from upcoming Atlantis eps :
                        Adrift (no Sam)
                        Lifeline (two with Sam in them)
                        Cool photos, thanks. And ooooh, Dr Lee is in one of them! I like Dr Lee.

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                        I thought it was out of sync at first too. Then I realized that the woman talking at the beginning of the vid is standing behind the camera and that's why her voice is so loud. She also happens to sound a lot like Amanda which is what confused me at first. Amanda starts talking a little bit later when she looks into the camera. You have to turn the volume up quite a bit to actually hear what she is saying.
                        Hehe, you're right, that woman's voice did sound a lot like Amanda's. I was very confused the first time I watched the video, till I realised that Amanda couldn't talk twice at the same time.
                        "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                          Yeah. As happy as I am that we finally have some official promo pics to look at, I do wonder what goes into getting them produced. I'm assuming the actors have to be there for a long time, but I will never understand how it's impossible to get them all in the same shot without having to photoshop them into place. I'm sure there's some formula the editors use to show prominence, importance, power, etc. But would it be so bad to have all of the characters/actors look naturally prominent, important and powerful, with natural, proper proportions added in for good measure?

I've never understood the shrinking of characters to make other characters stand out more.

*waves at guests and lurkers*
                          I don't know that they're actually trying to make characters stand out more, I think they're trying to make it look like all the actors were standing in a V, each row slightly behind the other. They just failed miserably at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            Ever think it might have been done on purpose for sharp-eyed people like yourself to notice?

I know..crazy thought, but I just had a good bike ride, I'm exhausted (which is a good thing), and I dearly need a shower. Compared with my overall emotional state as of late, I'm feeling so much better that to make silly comments like this is good.

Anyway...off to unstinkify!
                            I wasn't going to say anything.

So how many days til we see Sam in Atlantis? Is it time yet? Is it time yet?

Comment

I wasn't going to say anything.

So how many days til we see Sam in Atlantis? Is it time yet? Is it time yet?
                              2 weeks and 2 days!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                Deejay or Sky: Call me stupid but I forgot to ask how many words does our fic has to be? Is it 1000 words or 2000 words?? just asking

yes I finally have an idea for the ficathon
                                It's somewhere around 1000 words (not that we're going to count to make sure it's exactly.)

I was going to tell you a billion, but decided to be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X