Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
    I get the "owns" bit... It's the intensifying suckage bit... Seriously am I being really dense about this....
    becks the bemused
    By making them lose, you are making them suck more. It isn't very nice, but that's AD.

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      By making them lose, you are making them suck more. It isn't very nice, but that's AD.

Okay so how does that relate to your sig....
      Come get pwnd in the 2007 Rugby World Cup thread!!!

Sorry folks, to continue on the slightly off topic tangent, but I am trying to promote international ( and possibly generational) understanding. I am also dyslexic so new words ( with no verbalised volcabulary or reference) confuse me. My brain doesn't break down words phonetically, they are just a collection of new letters, I need to know the definition of.

But my confusion continues...
      "come get owned in the 2007 RWC thread"???
      Now being as NZNeep is from New Zealand, and even I can't dispute the prowess of thier Rudgy Union team, does the term "pwnd" have a further different meaning, or should I give up and take the migirane meds??

Becks
      I have an honors degree in Biological and Biochemical sciences and can read medical notes in Croatain... but languages never have been my strong suit.

Comment

There is a lesson from this... and this.

Wear underwear while cooking, people!
        lol. I did learn my lesson.

But I guess not everyone is 1337 enough to know what Neep means.

Spoiler:
        NeepNeep was a random word I came up with when I was 12 and a username I wanted was taken. It stuck. Years later I combined it with my other username (NZBG) so I would be the same everywhere on teh internets.
        Isn't neep was RoadRunner said?
        sigpic-
        +I thought I was a fool for no one
        but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Don't worry, Neep can be confusing at the best of times. Nods and smiles along with the confused bits. Although, could also be she thinks her team is going to win and cause general suckage (?) to all the others.. I've told her before that my team (SA) will be the one winning. But she doesn't listen to me.

Umm when does S4 start please? I keep forgetting to write it down
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            hehe..thanks for explaining that word. I have a friend who occasionally throws out different words here and there innocently enough when we chat, but because of regional dialects being different I'm usually quite confuzzled then too. Gotta love her though. She's a great friend. Thanks for sparing me the run for the dictionary this time.

<snippage for length>

And to get the topic back on target...

Spoiler:
            Isn't Amanda's smile so adorable?

and...

Spoiler:
            Woah! She's totally hot here! yum
            But doesn't that great friend always attempt to un-confuse you after she has bemused you she can't help it that she's spent almost all her life in Sheffield

And those pictures are totally hot...I think my eyes were in the same place as yours...
            Dude. Don't be mean.

Night everyone!

Sorry for being so off topic!

Spl for size
            Spoiler:
            But you've brought us back on topic so nicely....mmmm....sleep well Neep!
            sigpic
            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Okay so how does that relate to your sig....
              Come get pwnd in the 2007 Rugby World Cup thread!!!

Sorry folks, to continue on the slightly off topic tangent, but I am trying to promote international ( and possibly generational) understanding. I am also dyslexic so new words ( with no verbalised vocabulary or reference) confuse me. My brain doesn't break down words phonetically, they are just a collection of new letters, I need to know the definition of.

But my confusion continues...
              "come get owned in the 2007 RWC thread"???
              Now being as NZNeep is from New Zealand, and even I can't dispute the prowess of their Rudgy Union team, does the term "pwnd" have a further different meaning, or should I give up and take the migraine meds??

Becks
              I have an honors degree in Biological and Biochemical sciences and can read medical notes in Croatain... but languages never have been my strong suit.
              I think part of the problem is that some of these words don't really translate, so you can't really figure them out until you see them in context a few times. When I first came to GateWorld, there was a new vocabulary to learn. It's easy to define thunk, but I couldn't define snerk for you very well even though I can use the word and know what it means.

From what I can tell, the words AD and Neep are using are from the gaming world, possibly with a particular Down Under slant. Pawning (pwn) someone is that you've either been victorious over someone or, more likely, done something to make the person appear foolish. Come get pwnd would mean come be defeated. A noob started out as someone who is new (newbie) but has since evolved to become a general insult which isn't really too insulting. From what I can tell, leet/1337 means that something is pretty cool, but I'm not sure about this one.

As far as the sig in question is concerned, I have no clue. Sometimes I don't understand AD's posts at all.

I am good at languages, and I haven't figured a lot of this yet. I'm not too surprised you don't understand, and I doubt it has anything to do with your dyslexia. In any case, it's not worth getting worked up over. You have to expect not to understand everything when you're learning something new, no matter what the something is.

(((((Becks)))))
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                I wrote several death knell tags. teh hurt/comfort wench in me just LOVED that eps.
                WooHoo!! I'm actually watching that ep as we...what are we doing??..speaking??...typing???...Posting???...you know what I mean!!!
                Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                I must say I really enjoy Sam/T in fanfic I actually blame this thread for me starting to love Sam and T. I hadn't thought about it until we had a discussion about it here and then I started reading fanfic about it and now I really can see them together...
                I blame Sky!!! But I'm a Sam/Jack shipper and probably always will be...there's just something about those two that clicks...but I love Sam/Teal'c friendship...and reading the odd S/T ship!!
                Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                If so, I would be interested in hearing your impressions of Sam's reaction (tears, just shakes her head when she asked what happened to the Colonel) after she is returned to the rest of the prisoners.
                Every time I watch this episode I have a different impression of what Amanda is trying to communicate or what Sam's reaction meant.
                Thanks
                Me too! I would love to hear what Amanda thinks about that ep. I thought it was brilliant the way Sam reacted...very natural and real IMHO!!
                Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                I capped There but for the Grace of God... and to celebrate GW being back up again some caps
                http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...od/ishot-4.jpg
                http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...d/ishot-15.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...d/ishot-21.jpg
                Sorry I really do like her hair, whatever everyone says, I think it looks great on Amanda
                I love her hair in that ep too...looks real!!! Seriously though...I think Amanda looks great regardless...but I do like that hair style in that ep...a lot!!
                Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                Today's vid from JM's blog had Amanda, David and Jewel all cracking up about something in a scene.
                http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...ukkingitup.flv

And many thanks to Famantha for the Breakdown link
                Thank you RoX!!! That was great...wish it was a little longer so we can see what ws so funny...but I laughed just because they were all laughing and that in itself was funny to watch....especially Amanda...yay!!!
                I couldn't get that link from Famantha to work either...might try when I get back onto my own computer...hubby's computer just can't hack it...bugger!!!`
                Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                Hey gang!
                For all those interested, here is a link to an mpg of Breakdown. It's about 65mb
                http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PRWUP7D4
                Enjoy!
                P.S. The site doesn't like Firefox, so you have to use IE.
                It doesn't work for me and hubby has IE...is not a happy little camper!! Do'H!
                Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                LOL @ the vid on JM's blog. I think poor David Hewlett biffed or something. Hehe.
                ETA: It occurred to me that some people might not know what "biffed" means. I meant that it looks like he fell down or wiped out.
                I thought "biffed" meant getting hit...whacked...punched...oh well!!
                Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                those days are long gone baby!
                LOL...That is just too cool...my son is gonna love that!!!!
                can you translate the translation please... I is confused. Is that one definition or two? they don't seem connected to me, but that could be the migraine I am brewing.
                Becks
                Pwn -> Pown -> own
                Hehe. To own someone is to beat them at something. Wipe them out of competition. So they are connected!
                I get the "owns" bit... It's the intensifying suckage bit... Seriously am I being really dense about this.
                becks the bemused
                Don't worry Becks...I don't get either...I don't even think you could actually class it as a language....not sure what you would call it....but it's way beyond me. Maybe Eileen can explain it to me next year when she pops down here...teach this old dog a new trick!!!

So I was watching Chimera earlier...Amanda looked absolutely stunning in that dress she was wearing in the coffee shop...but I just can not for the life of me get used to that dress she wears when she goes out with Pete...and I believe it's Amanda's dress in RL...I think it might be the red rose and red fringing around the neck!!
                Then I watched Death Knell...ouch!! I so love that ep!!
                Now I'm watching Lost City...just getting my SG fix for the week...seeings how I haven't had time to scratch my butt head lately!!!
                Ok...must get off before the sun rises!!
                Good night folks...take care, be safe, have fun and hug your love ones!!!
                (((Samanda)))
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                  So I was watching Chimera earlier...Amanda looked absolutely stunning in that dress she was wearing in the coffee shop...but I just can not for the life of me get used to that dress she wears when she goes out with Pete...and I believe it's Amanda's dress in RL...I think it might be the red rose and red fringing around the neck!!
                  I loved the black and red frock, I didn't know at the time it was Amanda's. I thought the style suited her well, she wore it for an award's ceremony, if I recall correctly.
                  Amanda must have got so bored of green cammo, desert cammo, the ever flattering BDU's; I always like to see Sam in civvies.

FF
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                    I think part of the problem is that some of these words don't really translate, so you can't really figure them out until you see them in context a few times. When I first came to GateWorld, there was a new vocabulary to learn. It's easy to define thunk, but I couldn't define snerk for you very well even though I can use the word and know what it means.

From what I can tell, the words AD and Neep are using are from the gaming world, possibly with a particular Down Under slant. Pawning (pwn) someone is that you've either been victorious over someone or, more likely, done something to make the person appear foolish. Come get pwnd would mean come be defeated. A noob started out as someone who is new (newbie) but has since evolved to become a general insult which isn't really too insulting. From what I can tell, leet/1337 means that something is pretty cool, but I'm not sure about this one.

As far as the sig in question is concerned, I have no clue. Sometimes I don't understand AD's posts at all.

I am good at languages, and I haven't figured a lot of this yet. I'm not too surprised you don't understand, and I doubt it has anything to do with your dyslexia. In any case, it's not worth getting worked up over. You have to expect not to understand everything when you're learning something new, no matter what the something is.

(((((Becks)))))
                    Pwnage is like when a lvl 70 horde toon is bslaping the alliance guards around and I'm fraking spammed for five freaking minutes straight with defense line shouts to come to the aid of RP. So I finally get fed up, fp over to RP, scope out the area and take the troublesome mage out with two shots to the head with my bow.

Ok, so it really wasn't pwnage because it was more like an assassin's kill while he was playing with some toys, but it was amusing nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                      Pwnage is like when a lvl 70 horde toon is bslaping the alliance guards around and I'm fraking spammed for five freaking minutes straight with defense line shouts to come to the aid of RP. So I finally get fed up, fp over to RP, scope out the area and take the troublesome mage out with two shots to the head with my bow.

Ok, so it really wasn't pwnage because it was more like an assassin's kill while he was playing with some toys, but it was amusing nonetheless.

Yeah I definately need the babelfish.

Comment

*hides behind Becky*

I go offline for a few days, and when I come back, the whole place is speaking another language! And one I don't speak to boot!
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Either that, or you just need the ability to ignore gibberish.

Here, you can practice with this:
                          Adflkjadf ridmafajkl Xdfajfggjj. Ldfafjmmmmasdfariuweo!

My LJ

Comment

Did I hear a buzzing noise?
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                              *hides behind Becky*

I go offline for a few days, and when I come back, the whole place is speaking another language! And one I don't speak to boot!
                              Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                              Either that, or you just need the ability to ignore gibberish.

Here, you can practice with this:
                              Adflkjadf ridmafajkl Xdfajfggjj. Ldfafjmmmmasdfariuweo!

Or just be proud that you didn't miss-pend your youth...or if you did you spent it somewhere else at least
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

I am so turned on right now.

Heh heh... I didn't know you had it in you! I have absolutely no idea what you just said!

ETA: *eyes sig* I thought I changed this. ;|

Comment

Working...
                                X