Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
    What's wrong with listing her under both? She's the only character who'll have been in the opening credits of both shows, after all. Technically, since the movies have yet to be shown and Sam is a part of them, her time on SG-1 is not over.
    Absolutely nothing. I totally agree that she's still part of SG-1 due to the movies. Furthermore, even if there weren't any movies, she is still part of SG-1 history. After all, Jack, Jonas, and Hammond had summaries. But someone thought she can't be on both although I don't have a clue why. Maybe Sam's summary is being rewritten and has been removed temporarily?
    Last edited by Sg Gato; 25 August 2007, 10:02 AM.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Cascade View Post
      Hehe, with a title like that, it can only be good.
      Let's just say I didn't look at sponges the same way for a loooong time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove View Post
        I know this isn't really for this thread but I post this here in case there are secret admirers of Teryl. (snipped)
        Ah, TR. I miss Janet.
        I wonder if AT will get her for a guest appearance on Sanctuary. AT has said she doesn't want to turn it into an SG show, but she knows a lot of good actors from SG days.

Comment

What's wrong with listing her under both? She's the only character who'll have been in the opening credits of both shows, after all. Technically, since the movies have yet to be shown and Sam is a part of them, her time on SG-1 is not over.
          Yeah, why can't Sam be two places at once? FCOL.... And that's so cool...to be in both opening credits...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            fic rec...with a sam/jack warning

http://rowan-d.livejournal.com/50382.html
            thanks for the rec, sky.

that was a very nice s/j piece, but also a lovely inside into daniel. and team love.

i've missed feeling the closeness of the team.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
              Let's just say I didn't look at sponges the same way for a loooong time.
              I can't say I blame you.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                To say nothing of the fact she attended the Academy where in real life there have been well-publicized cases of harrassment. etc. (I don't mean to pick on the AFA as it sadly happens even now in most military organizations—young women seem to have to be especially strong to withstand the subtle and not so subtle harrassment.)

donamac

PS when I was working in an almost all male environment in the '60s I was constantly harrassed and all we did was laugh it off at the time as there were no laws to protect people against any kind of harrassment. The laughing it off was our only protection. It started in grade school if you happened to be a little different from yjr majority of kids. By the time I was working I'd had a lot of practice
                Consider it all advance payment for how well you fit in here. There *is* a place for everyone. (((Donamac)))

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  fic rec...with a sam/jack warning

http://rowan-d.livejournal.com/50382.html
                  That was a fabulous fic! Thanks for sharing the link.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Sg-1 *is* over. As she was there for all ten seasons she should be listed there also. I'm doing my best to not ascribe "We don't know what to do with Carter (and with her out of the way there is only one female co-star) to this...

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                      Absolutely nothing. I totally agree that she's still part of SG-1 due to the movies. Furthermore, even if there weren't any movies, she is still part of SG-1 history. After all, Jack, Jonas, and Hammond had summaries. But someone thought she can't be on both although I don't have a clue why. Maybe Sam's summary is being rewritten and has been removed temporarily?

Agreed. Carter should be in both. Period. Cater was part of SG-1 from the beginning; she still is and will be part of SG-1.

I don't think this is intentional. Most likely MGM simply moved her picture from one folder to another. Maybe duplicate is not allowed or something. If that's the case, I think they can select another Sam photo for SG-1. There are tons of beautiful Sam pictures to select from.

Comment

Originally posted by jz9 View Post
                        Agreed. Carter should be in both. Period. Cater was part of SG-1 from the beginning; she still is and will be part of SG-1.

I don't think this is intentional. Most likely MGM simply moved her picture from one folder to another. Maybe duplicate is not allowed or something. If that's the case, I think they can select another Sam photo for SG-1. There are tons of beautiful Sam pictures to select from.

i'd like her photo in the sg1 category too.

but, if the website said they could 'only' have her bio thinger in one place (atlantis or sg1), i'd choose atlantis. this is her new gig and it's a BIGGIE.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

HI EVERYONE ! (WAVES)

My internet been messing up over the last couple of days but im glad its working again .

I saw the pic of amanda she looks great and its sooooooooooooo cool shes a full bird colonel woohoo ! i cant wait to see atlantis season 4 its gonna rock big time oh i bought BOOTY CALL yesterday yay !

Does anyone know where i can get the movie STUCK? id realy like to see it but i cant find it anywhere

Oh i cant wait untill wed i get my season 10 box set yay!
                          sigpic
                          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Congratulations Melora on Post 76000!
                            Originally posted by Melora View Post
                            CONGRATULATIONS SAMANDANS
                            ON 76,000 POSTS
                            Congratulations Samandans on 76,000 posts and Melora for making the 76,000th posts!!
                            Originally posted by Melora View Post
                            I took a screen cap of the page and was able to crop everything but the picture out. So if anyone wants a nice copy of a SGA Season 4 Sam pic, click the spoiler tag below.
                            Spoiler:

Being a Colonel certainly suits Sam.
                            Thanks Linzi for the tip!
                            Thank you Melora...that pic is awesome!!
                            Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9...cture59eq8.jpg
                            http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/299/picture60id4.jpg

Look what I found when I was out and about doing touristy things with my Terry Pratchett message board friends No polar bear is going to get past this little guy! His name is Thor.
                            That's Fred the Bear...a beanie kid bear...cool...I got one of him on my desk!!!
                            Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                            Does anyone know where i can get the movie STUCK? id realy like to see it but i cant find it anywhere

Oh i cant wait untill wed i get my season 10 box set yay!
                            Yay...I hope my dvd's come in before next Saturday!!
                            As for Stuck...still waiting to hear about that one...I'd love to see that...I've seen screen caps and it looks awesome. I don't know why it's so hard to come by.

Hope you all had a great weekend...take care everyone, be safe, have fun and hug your loved ones!!
                            (((Samanda)))
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Just running in to drop off my latest Aftershock...

The Future Beckons

TAGs 'Pretense'. Some shippy hints for those needing to be warned.

Waves to all. Hope you're all OK. Got to go.
                              sigpic
                              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

I just watched a certain episode of Outer Limits.

Bwah ha ha ha ha! I can't breath!

Ok, maybe I'm being mean. Amanda's acting was definitely the best part of it

Hmmm. Here's a bit of trivia... Linda Darlow was also in this episode. She was the school principal in the MacGyver episode that Chris Judge was in
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X