Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    No it would be fun if we all could taste that she eats it is okay but that we could taste her tongue...

errrr...never mind, you have a bad influence

And if you couldn't eat vegemite, that would actually be an improvement on your health I mean the fact that you eat it might be causing the glutten thing
    I mean honestly, that can't be healthy vegemite

I would be more worried about beer
    Hmm... maybe they will find that I'm allergic or intolerant to everything... gluten, lactose, vegetables... so that all I can eat is blue jello and tequila.

I'm actually the one that keeps track of all the dishes at huge family gatherings, even though (I thought, until now) that I wasn't allergic to anything. Last Christmas I stuck little colour coded stickers onto everything that had gluten, dairy products, nuts or too much sugar for diabetics. Now I might be one of those difficult ones. Heh.

And don't remind me about the beer! I would hate to give up my Guinness.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

No it would be fun if we all could taste that she eats it is okay but that we could taste her tongue...

errrr...never mind, you have a bad influence
      OK I'm not even going to touch ^ that one I'll just go <splash> now, OK
      And if you couldn't eat vegemite, that would actually be an improvement on your health I mean the fact that you eat it might be causing the glutten thing
      I mean honestly, that can't be healthy vegemite

I would be more worried about beer
      OK I gotta ask, what's vegemite???

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

slightly serious moment here folks

Ok, so we had fun -are having fun - with the list. And i did get a couple reports of language and folks circumventing the language filter...which i snipped.

but you know...is there really that much of a difference between veiled curse words and sexual innuendo??? Yes, i know that this is a PG forum, and i know it's something folks have expressed thier issues with in the past. and i know that we are a varied cross section of folks all with out own issues and squicks

but i do think that...well maybe we need to take a look - ourselves - at how we act and how we expect others to act. Can you really take someone to task for veiled profanity if you, in your next post, make sexual insinuations?

We're all adults here, and we often talk like adults .... in every meaning of the word, but i think that will also translate into us having a bit of tolerance towards others and giving them the benefit of the doubt that we want ourselves

Thus ends my monday morning mod ramble
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post

Julia(samcarterrules)
          Only the best food in the entire world! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegemite

You either love it or you hate it. Usually, if you grow up on the stuff (we get fed it on toast when we are babies ) you love it. I have never met an adult who has liked it when trying it for the first time

*eta*

My new Texan flatmate treats the jar as if it were radioactive. He won't be trying it again.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            OK I'm not even going to touch ^ that one I'll just go <splash> now, OK

Julia(samcarterrules)
            And you didn't ask what vegemite is, caus you don't want to know it

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Ok, so we had fun -are having fun - with the list. And i did get a couple reports of language and folks circumventing the language filter...which i snipped.

but you know...is there really that much of a difference between veiled curse words and sexual innuendo??? Yes, i know that this is a PG forum, and i know it's something folks have expressed thier issues with in the past. and i know that we are a varied cross section of folks all with out own issues and squicks

but i do think that...well maybe we need to take a look - ourselves - at how we act and how we expect others to act. Can you really take someone to task for veiled profanity if you, in your next post, make sexual insinuations?

We're all adults here, and we often talk like adults .... in every meaning of the word, but i think that will also translate into us having a bit of tolerance towards others and giving them the benefit of the doubt that we want ourselves

I can see your point Sky and I do understand why there is a filter and stuff... but honestly sometimes words you use aren't bad always.
            As for innuendo, I think that is typical human behaviour It is a way out and it is just fun... Not going to go in this discussion cause in the end it is a Darren discission, but I think innuendo is something you can't stop... and I know some people can't handle it that good. But I think sometimes it gets out of hand with it...and I can see people having issues with it... But in the end we are all adults (okay maybe not everyone) but if you see it is innuendo, why not just skip it??

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

You either love it or you hate it. Usually, if you grow up on the stuff (we get fed it on toast when we are babies ) you love it. I have never met an adult who has liked it when trying it for the first time

*eta*

My new Texan flatmate treats the jar as if it were radioactive. He won't be trying it again.
            And I wouldn't call it food Eileen It is NOT food

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              What's worse is they weren't referring to Starbuck

OMG, that's just plain wrong. To write fics about the character is one thing, but the actor is another. They have personal lives just as I do and I wouldn't want anyone that knows me stumbling apon these. Let alone them.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

*eta*

Mmmm! Sounds nice
                And you didn't ask what vegemite is, caus you don't want to know it
                Eve! You are sooo bad HeHe

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Something else boring--golf. Or chess.
                  I thought it would be fun in Rite of Passage for Sam and Cassie to be playing something like Parcheesi instead.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    Something else boring--golf. Or chess.
                    I thought it would be fun in Rite of Passage for Sam and Cassie to be playing something like Parcheesi instead.
                    Chess...Boring...noooooooo.

I love to play chess actually, I think it is a lot of fun, and you have to think a lot and have to see how they other might move or not...

Never played golf...but that does seem boring to watch

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                      I thought I heard somewhere that season 7 was whumpier for Sam...of course I could be hearing things...again!!
                      LOL, S7 was pretty whumpy, but here's a list of S6 eps where Sam gets whumped in some capacity (no matter how minor):

Redemption - electrocuted
                      Frozen - exposed to Ayiana's disease
                      Nightwalkers - baby-snaked and shackled
                      Prometheus - zatted, chased
                      Unnatural Selection - head-infested by replicators
                      Smoke and Mirrors - catapulted by an explosion
                      Paradise Lost - zatted
                      Metamorphosis - zatted and DNA-scrambled
                      Forsaken - shackled
                      Prophecy - electrocuted

ETA: Thank goodness for GW's episode guide.
                      Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 16 July 2007, 11:44 AM. Reason: I liked Strix's dessert idea, but...

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                        LOL, S7 was pretty whumpy, but here's a list of S6 eps where Sam gets whumped in some capacity (no matter how minor):

Redemption - electrocuted
                        Frozen - exposed to Ayiana's disease
                        Nightwalkers - baby-snaked and shackled
                        Prometheus - zatted, chased
                        Unnatural Selection - head-infested by replicators
                        Smore and Mirrors - catapulted by an explosion
                        Paradise Lost - zatted
                        Metamorphosis - zatted and DNA-scrambled
                        Forsaken - shackled
                        Prophecy - electrocuted

ETA: Thank goodness for GW's episode guide.
                        You know...it had never occurred to me how much Sam gets hurt! Lol..thats a col list *is tempted to make one for each season* hehe

Replicaterje I shall indeed call you Eve, lol, I never even noticed the je at the end of your name *embarassed* I suspect Cricket is like the aforementioned Vegemite, you have to be raised on it to understand....though I was raised on Marmite rather than Vegemite.

I'm rewatching season seven now having finally seen season six...(all sorts of things happened so I ended up watching season 5, then 7, then 9, then 6) YAY for Sam.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                          Smore and Mirrors
                          It's a new dessert!

My LJ

Comment

Argh, I am 100% sure I couldn't read that, even if my life depended on it. I mean Amanda or any other actor for that matter, has a private life, and it is called private for a reason
                            And reading that in fanfic would be so wrong, I actually never stumbled across it, luckily

Annoying sound if you ask me Very annoying... let's not go there...pretty please

Call me Eve, cause I see you also have issues with RepliCartertje

Honestly I don't even have an idea how cricket is played I saw it once or twice or maybe even more on Tv, and I didn't get it not at all, don't get the rules to me it are a few men having a strange bat and trying to hit a ball

But I don't think Sam taste of Jello at all I mean it is not like she eats jello all the time eh And if she did, I am sure there would be a lot of people who would love to try your way and taste if her tongue does taste like blue jello

ETA: any news about the gluten already Eileen??
                            More annoying than Cicadas?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Hmm I must have missed something, because I haven't really read any profanity; however, I have seen a good deal of sexual innuendos as of late. Granted, I'm not a saint and I've probably added to the discussion on numerous occassions, but I do believe that in most cases these are discussions that are inside jokes amongst certain groups of friends and could just as easily have been discussed in PM's, IM's or email. Which is where I try to leave them myself. Most of us are adults, yes, but there are a few youngins amongst us who also read the forum and many lurkers who may not enjoy the sexual innuendos/jokes so I don't believe saying that innuendos are human nature is justification to continue. It may be for some people, but it's definitely not for all.

Personally I don't mind most jokes or sexual innuendos as long as they don't go on for pages, but there have been times in the past when I felt the joke lost it's appeal after awhile and should have been taken somewhere else.
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 16 July 2007, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                                Hmm I must have missed something, because I haven't really read any profanity; however, I have seen a good deal of sexual innuendos as of late. Granted, I'm not a saint and I've probably added to the discussion on numerous occassions, but I do believe that in most cases these are discussions that are inside jokes amongst certain groups of friends and could just as easily have been discussed in PM's, IM's or email. Which is where I try to leave these discussions. Most of us are adults, yes, but there are few youngin's amongst us who also read the forum and many lurkers who may not enjoy the sexual innuendos/jokes so I don't believe saying that innuendos are human nature is justification to continue. It may be for some people, but definitely not for all.
                                Give your 6-year old some credit! You probably wouldn't have to explain that to her

Comment

Working...
                                X