X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    From Joe's blog today - spoiler for SG1 movies and SGA

Spoiler:
    Jen, the cow hugger writes: “Since Carter will be heading Atlantis, does this mean she was promoted to Colonel?”

Answer: She will be a Full Bird Colonel for both the movies and Atlantis‘s fourth season.
    Um does this mean
    Spoiler:
    Cam will also be promoted to full bird? Or are they actually going to be resolving the duel leadership issue? First person that finds out gets candy. First person that finds out its the answer I want gets a BIG BOX of candy.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Oh my gods! What is that stuffed down the front of Amanda's top?
      I dont know but they got Desert BDUs!!! Yay!!!
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Spoiler:
        Jen, the cow hugger writes: “Since Carter will be heading Atlantis, does this mean she was promoted to Colonel?”

Answer: She will be a Full Bird Colonel for both the movies and Atlantis‘s fourth season.

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
        A flashlight ?
        Yeah, I was going to say torch too.

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
        Um does this mean
        Spoiler:
        Cam will also be promoted to full bird? Or are they actually going to be resolving the duel leadership issue? First person that finds out gets candy. First person that finds out its the answer I want gets a BIG BOX of candy.
        I hope not because .... well that is for another thread.

I dont know but they got Desert BDUs!!! Yay!!!
        Luv those desert camos
        -

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          YES!!!! I guess the promotion ceremony will be shown in the first movie AoT. Heck, I'm going to have to buy the DVD just for the ceremony alone.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Hey, with Sam on Atlantis... what characters do you think will call her Sam, Carter, Colonel? I mean, a few of them called Elizabeth by her first name, including Sheppard sometimes (not so much when they were off world). Will the fact she's military be the main factor? That they don't know her so well? Hehe, for all we know the command will go to her head and she will demand to be called "Colonel Carter, Sir!" even when off duty.
            I reackon Rodney will call her Sam for sure...and I would think that most others would call her Colonel or Colonel Carter...maybe Teyla will get to call her Sam...that would be sweet
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Um does this mean
              Spoiler:
              About JM's blog, pulling out my 'how to read JM's blog book' (and yes, this is a repost of what I said on S/J):
              Spoiler:
              He wrote:
              She will be a Full Bird Colonel for both the movies and Atlantis‘s fourth season.
              which, as he's clumped the movies together, implies - but does not state absolutely - that she will be a full bird for both movies. But as he, and many people, tend to clump them together, this can not be certain. She might get promoted at the beginning of Continuum and his statement would still be technically correct. This would also make more sense if by then she'd left SG-1 and she and Jack were just with them for Ba'al's execution in Continuum. (Correct me if I'm wrong English majors but 'both' placed there in the sentence can mean either both movies, or the movies as a single event and thus both movies and SGA as two things...) I suspect from JM's perspective he tends to look at the movies as a single entity, anyway.

Similarly, he doesn't say Cam doesn't get promoted. So I wouldn't get too excited yet. I'm just sayin'. This is JM we're talking about here. Though it might clear up a lot of the ambiguity about Sam's real position on SG-1 if she were promoted and he wasn't while she was still attached to SG-1 as she was never technically on the team or under his command anyway so her relative rank doesn't matter.
              And I agree, anyone who finds out the answer deserves chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                I can see some poor, nervous scientist saying that. Maybe even a poor, nervous military person. She is legendary on all accounts. I can see McKay calling her Sam sometimes, but interchanging that with Col. Carter or whatever else McKay comes up with. Shep...wonder if he'll call her ma'am a lot...

And you people and name changes.
                I just noticed!!! Cool Eileen...new name...yay!!!
                I agree that Shep might resort to just plain ole "Ma'am"...either way...it's gonna be so cool to watch her on Atlantis!!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                  I agree. Of course, my partner shaves her head, so I'm predisposed to like bald women.
                  I think Sinead O'Connor was the first female I saw with a bald head and I think she looked fantastic...I think if it works and looks great then why not!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

General Spoilers for S4 SGA:
                    Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                    I can see some poor, nervous scientist saying that. Maybe even a poor, nervous military person. She is legendary on all accounts. I can see McKay calling her Sam sometimes, but interchanging that with Col. Carter or whatever else McKay comes up with. Shep...wonder if he'll call her ma'am a lot...
                    They'll all call Sam whatever she wants and allows them to call her.

Well, technically, they can call her Colonel Carter or Ma'am until they tell her otherwise, but the 'what you should call me' dialogue is fairly common. Would love - LOVE - to see that exchange between her and McKay.

I can see a scientist maybe making the mistake with 'Sir,' but never a military person. It's SO ingrained during even entry training, and mistaking it is a deadly insult and likely to result in terrible things raining down upon one. At least that's what I remember being told. And I hadn't even thought about Shepp having to call her ma'am.

*is * - lol. Or if Cam' isn't promoted... ahhhhhh.

Cause - really - they'll have to.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      Ditto from me!! Happy birthday Daivy!!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Spoiler:

Yay!!!!!!
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

we need to have a party
                          WooHoo...I could bring cake...fresh hot apple cake...or if you prefer...I could bring some grog!!! I love a good party!!!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh my gods! What is that stuffed down the front of Amanda's top?
                            I'd like to think it's a nice hot cup of coffee keeping her warm...or a heat pack!!!
                            I love the compact she's holding...at least I'm pretty sure it's a compact...with leopard print on it...or is it spotted polar bear????
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

as to cam

Spoiler:
                              i'll be cynically surprised if he's not promoted. given the 'little woman in her place' attitude that these writers have, i don't know if i can honestly see them putting a woman IN FRONT OF a man.

i'd love to see the right thing happen, that the characters be treated fairly regardless of gender...but these are the boys that seem unable to treat a woman as anything but a mommy figure, sexy alien or girlfriend...so i just can't see them promoting sam without also promoting cam...just to preserve the 'white male action hero leading the poor submissive female' ideal they seem so fond of

i dare them to prove me wrong

as to a ceremony

Spoiler:
                              remember, AoT is Coop's movie. and unless it's promoting vaniel, he doesn't seem to care about sam or teal'c very much.

even if one is taped, i can see it being first on the list for him to 'fix' as he edits.

i'll be very surprised if we see it. it's not coop's style to show anything that promotes sam in a positive light. i'm sure, instead, he'd rather show a 5 minute montage of daniel and vala at home than he would this
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And more importantly, why did it take me an entire day to notice she has something stuffed down the front of her top? I must have been looking at her face or something. Or her hair.

She is really gorgeous in those photos, right?
                                Well YOU made me look...OMG...I feel perverted now...looking at Amanda's chest like that...it's just not right...I noticed the compact thingy in her hand yesterday but that thing down her top...my guess is it's a heat pack!

Night all...take care, be safe, stay happy, be good, have fun and hug your loved ones!! Sweet dreams everyone!!

(((Samandans!!)))
                                Last edited by Chelle DB; 15 June 2007, 04:43 AM. Reason: to say goodnight!! :D
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X