Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    This it totally out of left field, but on topic.

Just got a copy of the 2007 Guinness World Records (will be getting 2008 later this year). Amanda is listed in the 2007 book twice and will be in the 2008 book twice.

Don't you think she should get another listing for "Most times listed in the book in a two year period"? Do you think anyone has beat her?

I've got all the GWR books for like the last 4 years BEFORE 2007! Ah! I need to get the ones Amanda's in.

Pigtails, I don't mind them and on occasion, wear them. But I always braid them. I never wear them just down, like Vala does.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
      To be fair, the pictures from JM's blog in which Amanda's hair is pony-tailed are from Continuum shooting and by what Joe was describing: (mild movie spoilers)

Spoiler:
      the team are on some kind of frozen ship possibly in the Arctic where we already know Sam, Daniel, and Mitchell get stranded before one General Jack 'O Neill (yay!) comes breaking through the ice in a submarine. Who knows how long they were out there? They've been travelling through who knows how many timelines to get to that point? Her hair would have been the least of her priorities.

And looking at all of the Atlantis pics that have been released so far, her hair is being kept within military regs.
      ROFL. Not surprisingly, as I'm starting to suspect you're my long lost mysteriously younger twin, I was thinking along those lines:
      Spoiler:
      Since Continuum is supposedly spilling over with AUs, maybe they were in an AU at that time in which ponytails are permitted...

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        ROFL. Not surprisingly, as I'm starting to suspect you're my long lost mysteriously younger twin...
        Well with all this talk of time travel and AU's we've got goin' on...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          From Joe's Blog (spoiler tags just in case)
          Spoiler:
          Promogirl writes: “Did Amanda Tapping have to lobby you guys to let her keep the longer hair?”

Answer: She did come in at the beginning of the season and make the pitch for longer hair. Paul and I reserved judgment until we could see what the hair department had in mind. She’ll be mixing it up - lots of pig tails and beehive dos.

*can't wait for all those who hate the Vala hairdos to read that!

Ok, I admit it. When I read that pigtails bit, I cringed. After I picked from myself off the floor, I thought he must be joking (pleassssse). I had a horrible backflash of my pigtails when I was young. I had long hair that kept getting awfully tangled, so my Mom kept my hair in braided pigtails. She made them so tight, I thought my eye sockets were near my pigtails. Oh, the horror!!! But I recovered and I no longer go into fits when I see pigtails.
          Last edited by Sg Gato; 14 June 2007, 02:00 PM.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
            Sam was doing so well in the hairdo contest, but now she's falling behind again! Behind Shep and Vala

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...27#post6778027

How's that for my 700th post
            CONGRATS ON 700!!! and off I go voting for Sam's hair... thanks for the heads up

Comment

i think shep and the other military types will call her colonel, mckay will go between sam, colonel and possibly just carter depending on the moment. the other scientists will probably call her colonel. not sure about teyla and ronon. they'll probably go with col. carter for a while at least.

as for pigtails, i have been known to wear them around the house, because sometimes the weight distribution of pigtails just feels more comfortable. i tend not to go with the pigtails stickin' out the side of my head look. nice and neat at the back for me.

just for curiousity, i'd kinda like to see sam with pigtails. or even just amanda in a scene, like if sam and vala switched bodies or something. could be funny... and scary.

lets see, what else have i missed? um, i hate bugs, but refuse to kill them. (pesky morals!) all the latest interviews and little snippets of tidbits and the like are pretty awesome. i'm liking sams hair thus far in most pictures we've seen. wep 3 of sanctuary was just as excellent as the first two, but i'd love it if they were more frequent. 15 minutes every couple of weeks. its killin' me!

not sure what else i've got here. oh well, back to lurking.

Comment

Jack: What's the situation Carter?
                Sam: Bugs Sir, we have reports of bugs on Samanda.
                Jack: We got all geared up like this for bugs?
                Sam: Well Sir, if the wet noodle of doom couldn't handle them, I figured we'd need all the protection we could get.
                Jack: Good thinking Carter.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

It's after midnight here so...it is officially the 15th for me and since he also lives in Belgium:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAIVY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    This it totally out of left field, but on topic.

Just got a copy of the 2007 Guinness World Records (will be getting 2008 later this year). Amanda is listed in the 2007 book twice and will be in the 2008 book twice.

Don't you think she should get another listing for "Most times listed in the book in a two year period"? Do you think anyone has beat her?
                    once with 'sanctuary' and how much it cost, but then what's the other?

btw, watched wep 3 again... AMANDA! HELEN! SO FRIGGIN WONDERFUL!!!

'watch your cheek!'

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

It is not the 15th for me yet, but Happy Birthday Daivy!!
                      Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                      Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

From Joe's blog today - spoiler for SG1 movies and SGA

Spoiler:
                        Jen, the cow hugger writes: “Since Carter will be heading Atlantis, does this mean she was promoted to Colonel?”

Answer: She will be a Full Bird Colonel for both the movies and Atlantis‘s fourth season.
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

we need to have a party
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                              From Joe's blog today - spoiler for SG1 movies and SGA

Spoiler:
                              Jen, the cow hugger writes: “Since Carter will be heading Atlantis, does this mean she was promoted to Colonel?”

Answer: She will be a Full Bird Colonel for both the movies and Atlantis‘s fourth season.

Spoiler:
                              But one has to wonder how this messes with the leadership of SG-1. If Sam outranks Mitchell....

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

we need to have a party
                              *parties*
                              Originally posted by Forestia View Post
                              It is not the 15th for me yet, but Happy Birthday Daivy!!
                              Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                                To be fair, the pictures from JM's blog in which Amanda's hair is pony-tailed are from Continuum shooting and by what Joe was describing: (mild movie spoilers)

Spoiler:
                                the team are on some kind of frozen ship possibly in the Arctic where we already know Sam, Daniel, and Mitchell get stranded before one General Jack 'O Neill (yay!) comes breaking through the ice in a submarine. Who knows how long they were out there? They've been travelling through who knows how many timelines to get to that point? Her hair would have been the least of her priorities.

And looking at all of the Atlantis pics that have been released so far, her hair is being kept within military regs.

Also,
                                Spoiler:

From what I have read in the spoilers, Continuum is an AU where Ba'al goes back in time and changes the timeline so that SG-1 never actually forms. So who's to say that once SG-1 gets together in this particular scene that they are all members of the United States Air Force? Maybe she's not breaking any regs at all with her longer hair regardless of how she wears it.

Just a thought,
                                Kat

Comment

Working...
                                X