No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone can get Amanda in a trollop wig.... that would be suitable bribary!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Oh my! I need a minimum of 21 episodes to do the video I have planned! But I've wanted to do this for so long that I can't just not do it. My whole excuse was that I needed to see the end of SG1 before doing it and now.... Gargh.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        Oh my! I need a minimum of 21 episodes to do the video I have planned! But I've wanted to do this for so long that I can't just not do it. My whole excuse was that I needed to see the end of SG1 before doing it and now.... Gargh.
        21 episodes...that is a lot for sure...I think ripping the clips will take most of your time... that is the case for me always...it is rather sad actually...but I know you can do it!!! and no excuse anymore, only 2 stalkers who want to see this vid

And we can provide moral support too although the bribe thing might be an issue We also can provide some distraction if you need it

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
          21 episodes...that is a lot for sure...I think ripping the clips will take most of your time... that is the case for me always...it is rather sad actually...but I know you can do it!!! and no excuse anymore, only 2 stalkers who want to see this vid

And we can provide moral support too although the bribe thing might be an issue We also can provide some distraction if you need it
          LOL, thanks. And seeing as I've got the vid kinda scripted in my head (I have a VERY clear image), it really will be the clip ripping that takes the time. Garrrrrgh.

It should prove to be a good Sam centric vid. It's the perfect song. I've also hunted out a lovely song for a Sanctuary vid and a great Sam/Jack song I'm dying to do.

All this from someone who usually abhors music vids!

Comment

LOL, thanks. And seeing as I've got the vid kinda scripted in my head (I have a VERY clear image), it really will be the clip ripping that takes the time. Garrrrrgh.

It should prove to be a good Sam centric vid. It's the perfect song. I've also hunted out a lovely song for a Sanctuary vid and a great Sam/Jack song I'm dying to do.

All this from someone who usually abhors music vids!
            Well that is good...I know once you starting vidding it is addictive Only takes way to much time... I still need a good song for a Sanctuary vid actually...but time will give me a song I hope lol. Of course I am way to picky

And it is a good think you have a clear image in your head always helps, then it is just putting the clips together and do some editing...that is the fun part And yay for Sam centric vids...On what song is it??? yes I am curious...one day that will also kill me

Okay *need* to stop talking vids or I will have to make one myself... and I don't know a song for the moment...

I do have a great song in my mind for a ST: Voyager vid though...

Comment

It's called "Would You Be Happier" by The Corrs.

It's a weird kinda song, really, but it makes a funny video.

I'm having problems. I was trying to rip the clips using DVDx but it won't let me. Anyone kow any good software I can use?!

Comment

It's called "Would You Be Happier" by The Corrs.

It's a weird kinda song, really, but it makes a funny video.

I'm having problems. I was trying to rip the clips using DVDx but it won't let me. Anyone kow any good software I can use?!
                I use DVDx too If you want I mail it to you, I have a mail with how to do it I think it has been around already so one more or less doesn't make the difference if I also send it to you Just tell me your addy and I will mail it immediatly or if you have issues with DVDx I can explain it to you...btw if you work with DVDx you also need another program to rip

edit: never mind I will just post it here, I hope it is against the rules though... and in spoilertabs to save space

Spoiler:
                Step 1:
                First of all you need to download 2 programs…they are free downloading…
                First you need dvd-shrink that you can download here: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/
                You will also need another program called DVDx that you can download here: http://www.free-codecs.com/DVDx_download.htm
                When you have both programs, we can start begin with our music vid…

Step 2:
                Put your dvd in from which you want a clip to use for the music vid…open dvdshrink.
                Click on: “open disk” and he’ll ask you what disk you want to open choose your dvd and click on “ok”. Then click on “ re-author”. There on your right you see all the menus… each menu represent an ep and then you also see the extra’s…choose your ep from which you want to make a clip…double click on it…Now it should be in the window (or below) “dvd structure”
                Then you see above it in the blue 2 arrows (see screencap: http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3777/jesse1zm7.png ) click on it…
                Then you get another window where you just have to adjust what you want of the ep by clickin on the arrows for where to start and where to end (see screencap: http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/7665/jesse2rf6.png )
                If you have done that just click on ok. Then click on “backup!”…you will get a new window that asks you where you want to save it… I make a new folder for it that is called dvd shrink…of course you can do however you want it…just make sure you know where you saved it so you can find it when you need it (see screencap: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4036/jesse3oh2.png )
                You will see that they are encoding the clip that you asked for. Then you click on ok when it is finished and you can close the program now…
                Now you already have your clip on your computer, of course it is an ifo file and you can’t do anything with that on moviemaker so…now we need to convert the ifo file into another file that plays on your moviemaker…that is where DVDx comes in

Step 3:
                Open DVDx…go to file and then click on “open IFO”. Then you get another window and there you fill go to the folder where you saved your clip from dvdshrink. Use the one that says “VTS” in the beginning (see screencap: http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/636/jesse4vp2.png ) then it will ask you a few things…like input and so on and some warnings just click ok…
                Then you see the beginning of your clip…then beneath you see a folder with an arrow…click on it…click on browser and give your file a name and a destination to save it. If you have done that click on “ok” and then press the red button on the right. It will start encoding and it will become a square…let it encode it all…when it is done you see that the clip is disappeared. Now you can close your program.b (you also can before change your output, if you want fullscreen vid)
                You can also now delete your files from dvdshrink cause you will not need them anymore.
                Now you have your clip that you can use…Now you can really start with your music vid…
                If you need more clips you will have to do that a few times for every clip…and yes that is actually the biggest thing to do…

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

There's no place like home, there's no place like home...who am I kidding, why in the world would I want to go home right now.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I use DVDx too If you want I mail it to you, I have a mail with how to do it I think it has been around already so one more or less doesn't make the difference if I also send it to you Just tell me your addy and I will mail it immediatly or if you have issues with DVDx I can explain it to you...btw if you work with DVDx you also need another program to rip

edit: never mind I will just post it here, I hope it is against the rules though... and in spoilertabs to save space

Spoiler:
                    Step 1:
                    First of all you need to download 2 programs…they are free downloading…
                    First you need dvd-shrink that you can download here: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/
                    You will also need another program called DVDx that you can download here: http://www.free-codecs.com/DVDx_download.htm
                    When you have both programs, we can start begin with our music vid…

Step 2:
                    Put your dvd in from which you want a clip to use for the music vid…open dvdshrink.
                    Click on: “open disk” and he’ll ask you what disk you want to open choose your dvd and click on “ok”. Then click on “ re-author”. There on your right you see all the menus… each menu represent an ep and then you also see the extra’s…choose your ep from which you want to make a clip…double click on it…Now it should be in the window (or below) “dvd structure”
                    Then you see above it in the blue 2 arrows (see screencap: http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3777/jesse1zm7.png ) click on it…
                    Then you get another window where you just have to adjust what you want of the ep by clickin on the arrows for where to start and where to end (see screencap: http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/7665/jesse2rf6.png )
                    If you have done that just click on ok. Then click on “backup!”…you will get a new window that asks you where you want to save it… I make a new folder for it that is called dvd shrink…of course you can do however you want it…just make sure you know where you saved it so you can find it when you need it (see screencap: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4036/jesse3oh2.png )
                    You will see that they are encoding the clip that you asked for. Then you click on ok when it is finished and you can close the program now…
                    Now you already have your clip on your computer, of course it is an ifo file and you can’t do anything with that on moviemaker so…now we need to convert the ifo file into another file that plays on your moviemaker…that is where DVDx comes in

Step 3:
                    Open DVDx…go to file and then click on “open IFO”. Then you get another window and there you fill go to the folder where you saved your clip from dvdshrink. Use the one that says “VTS” in the beginning (see screencap: http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/636/jesse4vp2.png ) then it will ask you a few things…like input and so on and some warnings just click ok…
                    Then you see the beginning of your clip…then beneath you see a folder with an arrow…click on it…click on browser and give your file a name and a destination to save it. If you have done that click on “ok” and then press the red button on the right. It will start encoding and it will become a square…let it encode it all…when it is done you see that the clip is disappeared. Now you can close your program.b (you also can before change your output, if you want fullscreen vid)
                    You can also now delete your files from dvdshrink cause you will not need them anymore.
                    Now you have your clip that you can use…Now you can really start with your music vid…
                    If you need more clips you will have to do that a few times for every clip…and yes that is actually the biggest thing to do…
                    Thank you so, so much! Where would I be without Samanda?!

Comment

Thank you so, so much! Where would I be without Samanda?!
                      You would have figured it out on your own like I did...it would just have taken your more time This way now everyone with a PC can make vids if they want to and actually it is easy, since PC are equiped with moviemaker...even though that is pure evil

Comment

You would have figured it out on your own like I did...it would just have taken your more time This way now everyone with a PC can make vids if they want to and actually it is easy, since PC are equiped with moviemaker...even though that is pure evil
                        Oh, really? That's what I used for the last one. What programme is better than movie maker? You can use this one tomake the vids? Interesting.

I'm such a novice!

Comment

Oh, really? That's what I used for the last one. What programme is better than movie maker? You can use this one tomake the vids? Interesting.

I'm such a novice!
                          I also use movie maker since it is free But it has the tendency to crash a lot...I realy mean a lot just make sure you save it enough...atm I have adobe premiere, but I still need to learn to work with it myself lol...
                          There are actually a lot of programs out there but moviemaker is for sure the easiest to work with...only make sure to save it a lot...Cause it crashes...

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            Dunno but we could try!

Hey it's 4am in NZ, where's NZBG???????
                            "It's 4 AM, do you know where your NZBG is?"

(Like those old curfew notices, "It's 11:00, do you know where your children are?"

Comment

LOL you can say that again Eve, evil evil moviemaker but it's great fun eh and TJ please make you're other vid

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I pop in here every day and yet I've still managed to lose track of the posting for the last couple of pages Such is the way of Samanda

Because her expression in this is oddly fun, though of course its completely out of context, (sometimes I'm struck by just how expressive she can be, and also I forget how good her comic 'faces' are), and possibly deserves captioning

sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Working...
                                X