God I sound like a pervert!
    sigpic
    Spoiler:
    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
    Forum Charmer
    Forum Ambassador
    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
      Good night everyone...I'm off to bed...I had the best time with Carmen and Don this weekend and I plugged GW as much as I could and Smiley and I couldn't say enough about Amanda...we're nuts!!
      Take care everyone, be safe, be happy and hug your loved ones!!
      Cheers!!!

(((Samanda)))

Thank you for posting the reports. I enjoyed reading them. I also thought it was lovely and sweet what Carmen said about his decison to return and play
      Jacob was based because of Amanda.

Again,thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
        As a rare visiter to the thread I was wondering - Is this an examle of a 'Thunk' Thread?
        no, we're not.

a thunk/wow thread is primarily photos only

we're not that here. we do have photos certainly, but we also have discussion, really more discussion than photos

so folks can post pictures, sure. but they don't rule the thread

as to amanda's hair...once i get some good pics of it i can now take it to the stylist and go 'this is what i want'.

I can finally have 'sam hair' without going all short
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by photo monkey View Post
          Definately check out Grace Under Pressure- Carter rocked it!
          Of course, she was more Rodney's version of Carter, but AT was great.
          I'd check out the first episode and then a smattering of others to get the sense of Atlantis. Watch for the syndicated reruns.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            as to amanda's hair...once i get some good pics of it i can now take it to the stylist and go 'this is what i want'.

I can finally have 'sam hair' without going all short
            Strangely enough, the new color is almost *exactly* what I was aiming for last time. The golden, strawberry blond with blond highlights. I almost got there, but the base is still a bit too dark in the back.

I've had a 'Carter Cut' for a while(since I've decided to go the less funky/asymmetrical route), but I never really styled it exactly like her - didn't tuck it behind the ears or anything. But this last hair cut, the chick cut the sides too short, so I've started to tuck it behind my ears because it bugs me otherwise (tend to get a bit 'Flock of Seagulls' if I don't).

Though I adore the short hair on Carter, I like it long too. That woman can probably do anything with her hair and still look fabulous!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              there's another picture of amanda in joe's blog!

http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC04245.JPG
              sally
              ps - did i just hotlink?
              I'd be grinning from ear to ear too if Ronon/ Jason was standing that close to me!

I like that she gets to keep her hair longer and I like the outfit, but sorry it is uncomfortable as some have mentioned.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              majorsal with regard to Sam in Atlantis, it might be a good idea to watch the remaining episodes of Season 3 (or at least the last two). This will give you a fair idea of the situation that Sam will be walking into. The remaining episodes are quite decent.

I can understand how you said you were stuck somewhere in S2, as a matter of fact I almost stopped watching in S2 but I decided to stick with it and I'm glad I did. S3 seemed to turn around and start heading in the right direction (excluding the pathetic Lucius eps).
              Great suggestion, I'm totally behind and out of it as well.

Hey guys! Just thought you might want to read about the convention we went to here in Melbourne this weekend with Don S Davis and Carmen Argenziano. I'll put it in spoilers if you want to skip it. It's long so I don't know how much I'll get in here in one post.
              So here goes...
              Thanks for the awesome report and glad you got to go!!
              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
              Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                I hear your fear and I share it!

But I'm hoping they put Sam to good use, logically they should. Right? right???

OK, everyone off to Joe's blog there's a pic of Amanda and Jason.

<eta> looks like Sally beat me there
                I like the uniform! But notice we can't see the shoulders to see if the "birds" are there. (crosses fingers)
                She may change outfits depending on the circumstances.
                Her hair looks good.
                Last edited by jckfan55; 29 April 2007, 10:41 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                  As a rare visiter to the thread I was wondering - Is this an examle of a 'Thunk' Thread?
                  IMHO, there is a bit of "thunking," platonic and otherwise that goes on, but it's not the primary purpose of the thread. Pictures are welcome, though we often irreverently caption them.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    IMHO, there is a bit of "thunking," platonic and otherwise that goes on, but it's not the primary purpose of the thread. Pictures are welcome, though we often irreverently caption them.
                    Well....some of us can't help ourselves
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

So last night I finally watched 'The Void'

It wasn't as terrible as I was expecting. Better than those cheese fests that skiffy puts out.

Strangely enough, the one thing that bothered me to the point of distraction was the use of floppy disks! It was made in 2001 FCOL!

Anyway, AT was fabulous (duh)

Comment

I just want to know what to expect when Sam is on Atlantis
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:
                        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                        Forum Charmer
                        Forum Ambassador
                        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

personally?

now bear in mind that s6 is my favorite and i love jonas

I hope that sam is to s4 what jonas was to s6.

a new burst of enthusiasm and interactions that enliven the show
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

personally?

Great analogy.

That's just what I am hoping. I loved Jonas (yet another character goes poof) and how he gently, tentatively became a part of the team.

I hope they do the same with Sam.
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

<snip>

i'm afraid of building up too many expectations and hopes. i'm also very lost in not knowing what atmosphere she'll be walking into. i've heard others (sky?) here saying that weir was never really given command, because sheppard did what he wanted anyways. i do NOT want this with sam.

<snip>
                              Yes those were a few my issues I had with Weir...I really liked her character and what they did with her. They made her into a strong woman, and then they let Sheppard take over...or not let het listen to her. But that was the same with Caldwell, he also just did his thing... But then I always thought it was because of the fact that Weir wasn't military...With Sam being military, I can't see that happening. I think Sheppard knows about Sam and about her experience and all...So I can't see him ignoring anything she says... So in that context I really hope they will give Sam command in a good way. But then on another note they could have done that with Weir too...

i could understand it upsetting them, especially if sam *is* used exactly the same as weir.

(i can't decide what's worse; being replaced and literally kicked off the show, or being replaced *while* you're still on the show... )

so more episodes take place on the base than offworld? i hope this continues.

sally
                              I think it is equally, although more eps are on Atlantis itself. But there are also a few eps offworld and in space... But there are a lot of eps in Atlantis itself...that is why I am afraid Sam will be like Weir, stuck in Atlantis and not exploring her qualities... but we shall see eh

there's another picture of amanda in joe's blog!

http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC04245.JPG

sally

ps - did i just hotlink?
                              wow that pic is amazing and great. I love it
                              squeee

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                              Yay! Love the pic too!

Spoiler:
                              Too bad she has that cute pink hoodie on though, so we can't see her rank pins on her shoulders.

Love the dress blues though. And the hair! Awesome! Though it does mean that I no longer have 'Carter Hair'. I guess I now have 'Classic Carter Hair'.

Oh! And one more thing.

Spoiler:
                              Squeeeeeeeeeee!
                              Yes to bad eh...but I think it has a reason she has that hoodie on I think they love to tease the fans

Good night everyone...I'm off to bed...I had the best time with Carmen and Don this weekend and I plugged GW as much as I could and Smiley and I couldn't say enough about Amanda...we're nuts!!
                              Take care everyone, be safe, be happy and hug your loved ones!!
                              Cheers!!!

(((Samanda)))
                              Thanks Chelle for the con report...I loved it

I don't know that we *will* see that, but that's what I hope for too. I think it would be interesting to see her chafing at NOT being the one doing all the science research herself. I hesitate to mention that ill conceived stint at Area 51, but I wonder how much administrative work she did there & how much she was able to do hands on herself? I really can't see her wanting to be a paper pusher & I don't want to see that either. From hints we've gotten (if they can be believed) she'll do more than sit around waiting for the team to come back.
                              I honestly hope they will not let her near a science lab...I mean I love her seeing and doing science, but that is why Rodney is in SGA. I mean honestly I can see Sam helping Rodney but I hope they will not to much... Let Rodney do the science... and let Sam just be there if he really can't figure it out. or need someone to back him up or so... I mean just now and then science is ok but nothing more!!!
                              I also don't see Sam as someone who love administrative work honestly, but I think she does see the important of it. So in the end I can see do it her herself, cause then she knows it is done good. So I can see doing paper work but I think in SGA she will do more. I think she will really be leading it, but do more then that. I think she will try to fit in and not try to take over. I also can see her trying to get to know everyone.

Of course, she was more Rodney's version of Carter, but AT was great.
                              I'd check out the first episode and then a smattering of others to get the sense of Atlantis. Watch for the syndicated reruns.
                              I liked GuP, I really think it was one of those eps who were amazingly good done!!! You really can see that it isn't our Sam but an imagination of Rodney. I think Amanda did great in the ep by portraying those little things... those little things who made her just not Sam...

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                              So last night I finally watched 'The Void'

It wasn't as terrible as I was expecting. Better than those cheese fests that skiffy puts out.

Strangely enough, the one thing that bothered me to the point of distraction was the use of floppy disks! It was made in 2001 FCOL!

Anyway, AT was fabulous (duh)
                              Granted it wasn't an horrible movie, but the story was not that great at all I mean it was such a cliché. But I think Amanda really shined in it and that is why the movie was great. Cause Amanda really made it into a movie worth rewatching. I think she did every emotion very good.

and now you say so...yaeh 2001 and floppy disk, sounds a bit strange eh

Comment

personally?

I'm much more excited about AT's new role on "Sanctuary" than Atlantis ! Weir was my fav Atlantis character so forgive me if I'm not looking forward to Sam stepping into her role !
                                Just imagine that in SG-1 S4 someone told you that Sam was being replaced by *insert another actress here*...
                                Anyway when is Sanctuary due ?

Comment

Working...
                                X