Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    I think I really liked Weir...what I meant is I just don't hope they will make her the same person and let her do the same things as Weir, cause then it would be sad that they ditched Weir. Honestly I think Weir had her flaws and sometimes I wished they had written some part different but in the end she is a great and strong woman just like Sam...
    do you think, *because* sam's military and scientist, she'll be more 'involved' in things than weir? will this set sam apart enough from weir's leadership?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i watched 'mckay and mrs miller', but jumped to sam's parts. i watched 'grace under pressure', but jumped to sam's parts. it's hard for me to be interested in these ppl and show.

sally
      Yeah I tend to do that too- but thats what I did with SG1 at first as well. Then I eventually fell in love with all the characters. I'm hoping that will happen with SGA as well.

As a side note- you know you've had too much wine when you actually have to concentrate on typing. hehehe
      Welcome to the Monkey House

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        You see... I don't understand the logic. If you can't drum up some kind of interest for the show or the characters, surely it's a waste of time. I mean, you can't fully appreciate Sam's actions or Amanda's acting if you're watching out of context, right?

Not a dig, just confusion.
        fair enough question.

i'll do it like season 9 and mitchell-vala *should* have been done. i'll start off watching an entire episode that sam's on. then, the essence of the show can wash over me and *then* we'll see if i actually become a fan of the 'show'.

if this happens, i'll go back and watch some eps. but i'm going to take this backwards, because i just can't truly find an 'interest' in watching it at this time.

(if season 9 would have let us grow to like mitchell and vala, the way they handled jonas in season 6, i think a lot more ppl would have taken to this new version of sg1)

so backwards or not, it's the only way this is going to work for me.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          Does anyone know that song that Sam plays on the Cello in Unending?

I am so volunteering to drive the X 303 tonight. Now who has the keys????

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            do you think, *because* sam's military and scientist, she'll be more 'involved' in things than weir? will this set sam apart enough from weir's leadership?

sally
            Honestly I think sometimes this was an issue with Weir yeah... They didn't respect her cause she wasn't military. So they doubted her discissions...and questioned everything. I think the writers did okay with portraying Weir then to make her own discission, but even then Sheppard sometimes went against Weir and also Caldwell (sp?) had issues with it. And yeah I do get it...from time to time it bugged me a bit to much... I think with Sam her leadershipskills and with her being military it will help cause they will not so easily doubts her cause they know she has experience and is a great military woman...Of course leadership is always doubted... no matter who...

I do hope they will show Sam as another leader then Weir for sure!!! Cause I think if not I will be upset and all the Weir fans...

Comment

Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
              Spoiler:

I am so volunteering to drive the X 303 tonight. Now who has the keys????
              RE: Unending

I think it was Brad who wrote that music. It was either Brad or Rob, because I remember being very surprised at that. Joe answered it on his blog a while back.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by kir_fect View Post

spoilers for 'unending'

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                i don't, but i soooooo want to learn to play it! i'm very serious when i say that i now want to learn the cello. and the first thing i'd learn to play is that piece. it was *very* moving and... the whole ep was haunting. and i can't even say i *enjoyed* it, it's just... it's like reading one of those sad fanfics... you just can't help yourself and reread it.

(i still have three fanfics that haunt me to this day. i wish i'd never have read them. you can guess the subject that would have made me feel this way. but those dang writers were *so* good that they brought me totally into the story. but they haunt me)

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  they better get taht rum back here.

don't run off with my rum

***Quickly give Mandy empty bottle of Rum***
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

I do hope they will show Sam as another leader then Weir for sure!!! Cause I think if not I will be upset and all the Weir fans...
                    i could understand it upsetting them, especially if sam *is* used exactly the same as weir.

(i can't decide what's worse; being replaced and literally kicked off the show, or being replaced *while* you're still on the show... )

so more episodes take place on the base than offworld? i hope this continues.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                      ***Quickly give Mandy empty bottle of Rum***
                      ***Looks at bottle in hand, looks at Sky, hands bottle off to photo monkey***

Whew, that was a close one
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

I didn't do it!

***looks at FULL wine bottle and giddily pours another glass***

haha! Don't worry- theres plenty to share

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Umm you have to watch for Mandy, photo monkey, she likes to stir things up a bit.

**grabs bottle from photo monkey and puts it with antoa315's stash**
                          Last edited by JanSam; 28 April 2007, 08:47 PM. Reason: too much rum
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh! Feijoa flavoured 42 below vodka for all the poor blighters who can't get their hands on real feijoas
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                              Oh! Feijoa flavoured 42 below vodka for all the poor blighters who can't get their hands on real feijoas
                              It's not nice to confuse Mandy
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

You guys rawk! But I must leave now because apparently it is in my best interest to go meet up with my brother and his new co-worker at a bar. I'm kinda scared- his name is Pete!

I think maybe I'll call him Peter instead

Comment

Working...
                                X