Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone,

This is kinda OT but I just got home from Church and before I head off to bed, I wanted to wish everyone a
    Happy Easter!!!

(((((((((((Samanda's))))))))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Happy Easter Everyone

HOPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

Comment

Just dropping off a new music vid I made.

song: No one ever loves in vain
          song by: Beverly Knight
          Spoilers: Ripple effect
          pairing: Sam/Janet (although more friendhsip)
          link: http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...tItemId=315284
          feel free to tell me what you think of it...they only make me improve

HAPPY EASTER SAMANDANS!!!
          Last edited by RepliCartertje; 07 April 2007, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Oh, this is bad This is an msn conversation I just had with Spacegirlnz. I figure it isn't too off topic because it involves Amanda love. Ok, it is off topic.

NZ says:
            I love Rick and Amand
            NZ says:
            A
            NZ says:
            A
            NZ says:
            a
            NZ says:
            frell
            Spacegirl says:
            lol!
            NZ says:
            I think mum's right about all the chocolate
            NZ says:
            too much
            Spacegirl says:

Spacegirl says:
            once you start shaking then that's too much
            NZ says:
            my eyeballs are vibrating

Oh dear... I hope Amanda enjoys chocolate as much as I do.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Happy Easter Everyone

Happily pinching so I too can say Happy Easter!
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                Having reread the article …I thought Amanda made some great comments about coming to Atlantis…
                Spoiler:
                She made a lot of great comments about each character that I agreed with and I think will be fun to see!

And here is my take on MacKay and Carter. I’m excited about it. The following is only my opinion…
                I think McKay will start out trying to hide behind sarcasm and typical McKayisms I like McKay. He is an out there character... describes himself, in Grace Under Pressure as "petty, arrogant and bad with people". Which you see and Hewlett plays him over the top very well... but there is also a certain vulnerability to him that they have developed in the last three season... The episode where his AU twin comes to Atlantis and the twin is well liked and McKay felt left out. I felt sorry for him. I think McKay is really just insecure and hides behind the “I'm smarter than you approach” and Sam threatens that! Which leads to great banter IMO. I think Carter will call him on it very quickly because she will be his boss. I think she listens to him, but she won’t take the slack from him.

Instead of McKay hitting on her constantly ... He has a girlfriend Katie Brown. I could see him flaunting that relationship around Sam and spinning many exaggerate tales about his and Katie's relationship. To which Carter will grin and roll her eyes.

McKay doesn't accept authority well and Sam is his boss... So I think that could lead some interesting and fun banter between the two. McKay has admitted in Grace Under Pressure to "himself" "that while he is smarter, she is wise." A difficult admission for McKay. I think there will still be the who is smarter banter to some degree, which I think is fun. He may argue with her, but I think he does listen to her... I think they will both be right at times. McKay can’t be right all the time (even though he will never admit it ) and Sam can't be right all the time… but I think since Sam has gone to McKay several times for help… A sign that she does trust his opinion, even though she hates the ego boost it will give McKay. I look forward to the day when he ask her for her opinion. I think they will work well together and the working banter will be fun!
                Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                From what I've read in S10 "The Pegasus Project" was a jerk to Carter...
                Originally posted by Caladria View Post
                Atlantis S4:

EDIT:
                GuP and Pegasus Project:
                Spoiler:
                Rodney took it to heart - in Pegasus Project he was trying to thank her for what she did for him - even as a projection of himself. He just didn't have the social skills necessary to do it gracefully - (and then she asked if she was fully clothed, and, well, what could he say?). Rodney McKay of Stargate SG-1 would never thank anyone for anything - never mind Sam for her scientific input, however strangely that was. And the fact that he materialised her as the part of him that was right says a lot about how much he respects her... (and the bikini? well.. he's got this crush...)
                Rodney and Sam in S4...mild spoilers for SGA-S3 and SG1-S10.

Spoiler:

I think it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

In SG1, it's always been played as McKay is Carter's intellectual nemesis, brilliant but not quite as brilliant as Carter, who winds her up by also being slightly MCP in his behaviour. That's true of 48 Hours, Redemption and Pegasus Project. In the latter however there was a recognition that Carter had begun to value McKay's help and intelligence as a check to her own calculations and to work with her even if she was unwilling to fully come out and admit it.

SGA S3, on the other hand, in McKay and Mrs Miller, presented their relationship as a more toned down version without the sexual innuendo. There was still intellectual competitive banter between them but there was no 'I think you're hot' harrassment. And I think this is the way they'll continue on S4 otherwise the dynamic is just too uncomfortable in the same way Vala's overt sexuality and harrassment of Daniel in early S9 was.

What will be interesting if Sam tries to thank Rodney for his AU help in Road Not Taken...

Sam: 'Well, even though it wasn't you you, I just wanted to say thanks'

Rodney: 'No problem, I guess, not that it was me, me.' [pauses] 'I don't suppose I was naked?'

Sam [with outraged exasperation]: 'No!!!'

Rodney: 'Just checking.'

sigpic
                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

Spoiler:

I think it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

In SG1, it's always been played as McKay is Carter's intellectual nemesis, brilliant but not quite as brilliant as Carter, who winds her up by also being slightly MCP in his behaviour. That's true of 48 Hours, Redemption and Pegasus Project. In the latter however there was a recognition that Carter had begun to value McKay's help and intelligence as a check to her own calculations and to work with her even if she was unwilling to fully come out and admit it.

SGA S3, on the other hand, in McKay and Mrs Miller, presented their relationship as a more toned down version without the sexual innuendo. There was still intellectual competitive banter between them but there was no 'I think you're hot' harrassment. And I think this is the way they'll continue on S4 otherwise the dynamic is just too uncomfortable in the same way Vala's overt sexuality and harrassment of Daniel in early S9 was.

What will be interesting if Sam tries to thank Rodney for his AU help in Road Not Taken...

Rodney: 'No problem, I guess, not that it was me, me.' [pauses] 'I don't suppose I was naked?'

LOL. Actually knowing TPTB you might not be so wrong after all !!!

Comment

Hey all!!
                    HAPPY EASTER!!
                    Just popped in to say hi and leave you a little bit of my easter holiday experience...I know it's way OT so I'll put it in spoilers to minimize exposure!
                    I hope you all had a great easter!

Spoiler:
                    Just got back from my little camping trip minus the family as they are staying up there in the bush for 2 more days...coz someones gotta work..do'h!!
                    I had an absolutely fabulous time. We went fishing but I didn't catch anything except a head cold. My nieces both caught a fish each and we ate them for dinner and breakfast! We sang songs around the campfire and did some trivia and made a kind of scarecrow thingy we call "Shov" coz he's made from a shovel and wears a coat and hat...he's one of the family til we go home!!
                    We went to the local country market and Niki and Tom practiced their driving skills around the paddock...they're quite good at driving now...except I totally freaked when Niki drove my car ...she's precious to me...my car that is...of course so is Niki...but my car...holy hannah...I freak when she gets stone chips on her so watching my 14 year old drive her around the bush kinda freaked me...just a bit!!
                    The only thing that got me upset was when my son and his cousin went down to the river to fish and they caught a turtle...my son started screaming out and I was dozing in my camp chair...I swear...my heart nearly stopped...I thought that one of the boys had fallen in and was swept away with the current...neither of the boys are strong swimmers and it has been a long time fear of mine that one of the kids would drown...I'm just so damn happy that it was just a frellin turtle!!
                    Then my lil bro, sis inlaw and daughter Niki and I kept quoting Stargate quotes and episodes and annoyed the heck outa all the others...we thought it was fun...they didn't...but we kept going anyway!! hehehe!!!
                    So today easter bunny came (he came last night too and left some eggs at the end of the kids beds in their tents...of course the older girls were pretending to sleep when poor old drunken easter bunny kept falling over the ropes and laughing her heads off...that is to say that my sis inlaw and I were acting on behalf of easter bunny...I only managed to break one chocolate bunny in the process!! hehehe...but it was fun...have you ever noticed that some tents have more zips than a frellin zip factory...holy hannah...it was a wonder we could find our way in or out!!) and all the kids went on an egg hunt...11 kids running around like feral animals...it was great!!
                    I managed to read nearly all of my Vagina Mononlogues book...and if you haven't got one then I strongly recommend you get one...it's the best book...I am so wanting to get involved in next years Vday.
                    So basically we sat around a lot and ate and drank...and drank some more...and drank again...and just to be sure...we drank a bit more...and we were quite jolly!! hehehe
                    So that's a bit of my Easter holiday...I can't wait for next easter...I'm going to take some leave from work so I don't have to come back early!!
                    On a sad note, my mum inlaws uncle is dying and we're just waiting for the phone call...he's such a sweet, lovely old fella. He had a massive stroke last Sunday and sadly he's not going to recover.

Good night Samandans!! Take care everyone, be safe, stay happy and hug your loved ones!!
                    (((Samanda)))
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

**pops in**

says:

**pops out**
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok...I just have a quick question before I choof off to bed...and please don't bop me one if this sounds stupid...I'm still on holiday...well my brain is anyway!
                        What did the Samanda story stream end up being called?

I wonder if Amanda got it already and what she thinks of it...I would have loved to have seen her face...she's so awesome!!
                        Night all...have a great day/night!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Happy Easter to ALL

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Happy Easter Samandans!

Love and Hugs Da PengYn
                            sigpic

Comment

YAY for Easter!!

Happy Easter Everyone!
                              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                              Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

Spoiler:

Ah yes but...spoiler for Season 10 SG-1..

Spoiler:
                                would Sam tell Rodney they were married after her discussion with AU Rodney?
                                Spoiler:

I don't think so.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X