Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I'm sure she'll be fine. It would be a bit of an honor to have this duty so i'm sure the sailors will be more htan on thier best behavior...and they'll probably all be in love with her by the time the week is up

I haven' kept count, but it's looking like we have approximately 15-20 people just in this thread that would love to get a copy of stuck.

sound about right?
    Sounds about right to me. I wanted to see it *before* the screen captures and all the more now. I'd so love to see AT in this very different role. I'd pay actual money for a copy.
    Last edited by jckfan55; 24 March 2007, 08:38 AM. Reason: fix quote

Comment

well, she WILL have rick there to 'protect' her...of couse, he's probably wanting to drive the sub

I'm sure she'll be fine. It would be a bit of an honor to have this duty so i'm sure the sailors will be more htan on thier best behavior...and they'll probably all be in love with her by the time the week is up

I haven' kept count, but it's looking like we have approximately 15-20 people just in this thread that would love to get a copy of stuck.

sound about right?
      I'm a navy brat with a sib and friends who have spent time in the service (check out my location), and I have to say that I personally know of no Navy personnel, officer and enlisted alike, who would dream of treating a woman with anything less than respect. As a ten year old on the USS Kennedy, I was treated respectfully by everyone I encountered and have been treated well by Navy personnel ever since.

The Navy has come a long way since the Tailhook-era scandals. Any inappropriate behavior toward Amanda would be squashed immediately. I think the absolute worse she might have to contend with is an overwhelming demand for autographs. I've no doubt that everyone will adore her in no time. She seems to have that effect on people. She'll also probably be as in awe with them as they are with her.

It's just another group of people for her to add to her mutual adoration society.

I'd love a copy of Stuck as well.
      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Hi all,

Just stopping by to say Happy Belated Birthdays to those I've missed and congrats on any milestones I've missed on the thread lately.

On Sam and Martouf, I have to admit I preferred Lantesh. For me, Lantesh actually recognised immediately that Sam wasn't Jolinar while I think it took Martouf longer to make the distinction, and I always got the impression up until TDYK that Martouf wanted Sam to be Jolinar rather than Sam which is why I'm always slightly uncomfortable with him. I actually get more emotional about Lantesh's death in the episode where he goes into Lt Elliott than I do about Martouf's.

JR Bourne on the other hand is a honey and he's very cute in those pictures of him with AT in Stuck - well, they both are!
        sigpic
        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Famantha View Post

Woohooo I'm not alone lol

I've finally watched it entirely *happy dance* I didn't realise it would take me so much time to make caps (ok maybe I made too many caps) and I kept going back to try to have the moment I wanted and sometimes I realised I was just watching the scene and I'd forgotten to cap it
          And I didn't want you to be bored with too many caps either lol I'm just kidding

Anyway, MajorSam, I agree with you :

More in an other post

OH yeah... Amanda brought some intense vocal and facial expression to this character, the most of each of the four, imo, rather than playing her as a stock stereotypical "druggy" She actually had some density to her! Again as well, her and JR, I thought, played brilliantly off eachother. It definately seemed like it was them two against the other two, because they would always understand each other, have those laugh sessions at the same time, and just generally be totally in sync.

Spoiler:
          When they had the little falling out at that one part I was like NOOOO!!! Thank goodness they made up, they're not the most upstanding of figures but I did like them together in whatever weird way they were. And yes, OMG, when she grabs the other womans boot for "support" holy crap, I was like BUDDY, how are you NOT totally ripping your leg away!? I sure would be! I mean... fcol, they're... and she's... yeah. That was nuts. Then again, with her last monologue... wow. I never thought i'd hear some of those things come out of her mouth, but when they did I was totally enthralled by the character. My mouth was literally open and I was just "wwwoooow" I hung onto and felt every word. Throughout the entire film, when the other's were telling their stories, I could tell Liz was listening, I could see the wheels turning.

Unfortunately no more caps yet... im' working on trying to get a few choice audio clips going!
          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
            I'm a navy brat with a sib and friends who have spent time in the service (check out my location), and I have to say that I personally know of no Navy personnel, officer and enlisted alike, who would dream of treating a woman with anything less than respect. As a ten year old on the USS Kennedy, I was treated respectfully by everyone I encountered and have been treated well by Navy personnel ever since.

The Navy has come a long way since the Tailhook-era scandals. Any inappropriate behavior toward Amanda would be squashed immediately. I think the absolute worse she might have to contend with is an overwhelming demand for autographs. I've no doubt that everyone will adore her in no time. She seems to have that effect on people. She'll also probably be as in awe with them as they are with her.

It's just another group of people for her to add to her mutual adoration society.

I'd love a copy of Stuck as well.
            exactly. And i didn't mean to imply otherwise. At the most i think she'd have to deal with 200 fanboys that all have HUGE crushes on her.

She'd be the only girl on the boat, but she'd be treated like a queen. Especially since, i think, the vast majority of hte crew are young, like early to mid 20's.

I think she's gonna have the time of her life and come back with 'that was sooooo frakking cool'
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

exactly. And i didn't mean to imply otherwise. At the most i think she'd have to deal with 200 fanboys that all have HUGE crushes on her.

She'd be the only girl on the boat, but she'd be treated like a queen. Especially since, i think, the vast majority of hte crew are young, like early to mid 20's.

I think she's gonna have the time of her life and come back with 'that was sooooo frakking cool'
              Do we know really that the cast will be spending any significant amount of time aboard?

Comment

depending on the number of scenes they have to do, i'd guess a day or two at the least.

sigpic

Comment

well, she WILL have rick there to 'protect' her...of couse, he's probably wanting to drive the sub

sound about right?
                  Add me to that list.

My LJ

Comment

Mandy: Oh I hear Amanda is going to be shooting around here.
                    JanSam: Shoooting! We better duck!
                    Mandy: No shooting a move silly
                    JanSam: Oh well in that case, do you have your camera with you?
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                      OH yeah... Amanda brought some intense vocal and facial expression to this character, the most of each of the four, imo, rather than playing her as a stock stereotypical "druggy" She actually had some density to her! Again as well, her and JR, I thought, played brilliantly off eachother. It definately seemed like it was them two against the other two, because they would always understand each other, have those laugh sessions at the same time, and just generally be totally in sync.
                      Spoiler:

Yep, especially at the end, when Gordon was telling his story, he kept looking at Cindy as if the other two didn't exist at all. I mean he clearly showed from the beginning that he didn't like who they were, but his antagonism chocked me even more at the end.
                      He acted like he didn't really belivied her, he clung to his beliefs of what is "normal" and what should happen in his perfect world of successful and "normal" people grrr
                      And yep Amanda gave density to her character, her facial expressions as you said and the look in her eyes OMG !!

Spoiler:
                      When they had the little falling out at that one part I was like NOOOO!!! Thank goodness they made up, they're not the most upstanding of figures but I did like them together in whatever weird way they were. And yes, OMG, when she grabs the other womans boot for "support" holy crap, I was like BUDDY, how are you NOT totally ripping your leg away!? I sure would be! I mean... fcol, they're... and she's... yeah. That was nuts. Then again, with her last monologue... wow. I never thought i'd hear some of those things come out of her mouth, but when they did I was totally enthralled by the character. My mouth was literally open and I was just "wwwoooow" I hung onto and felt every word. Throughout the entire film, when the other's were telling their stories, I could tell Liz was listening, I could see the wheels turning.

Unfortunately no more caps yet... im' working on trying to get a few choice audio clips going!
                      Spoiler:
                      Oh yeah me too I was "heyyyy you're are unhappy, just calm down and accept what she said !!"
                      I love your reaction at the "grapping the woman's leg" scene
                      So you had a 'I must look like a fish' moment too eh ?
                      Yeah that was surprising and shocking, that was meant to be obviously, but I was so in the movie that, I don't know, I was just seeing her character too. When I thought about it after, as you said, I was "hey she actually said that" lol but I've already heard Amanda say things I didn't expect HER to say in The Vagina Monologue, but once again that was a character. I like that she explored unexpected characters like that. She did a great job with them.

And I have more caps yeaahhh (fell free to call me silly for forgetting to post them earlier)
                      But these are the last ones
                      Spoiler:

ENJOY
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                        Decided to pull out some season 9 episodes to watch since it's been a while. I was watching The Fourth Horseman and I noticed that Sam does that nervous almost-stutter thing when Landry asks her about the boy who says he is Orlin. "In your mission report....you said the two of you had...an intimate relationship?" And she sort of stutters explaining that he didn't look like "that" then. He was a man. It's the exact same "stutter" that AU Sam does in Moebius when AU Jack tells her she's hot.

God Amanda is so cute!

Thanks to everyone posting the pics from Stuck. Now I'm DYING to see it! Please count me among those that would *gladly* buy it on DVD and help support whatever worthy cause happens to be selling it.

And OT - did the people who made Stuck also make Save My Soul? That's another one I *really* want to see.
                        Ok I never really liked that moment in the fourth hourseman at all... I mean the implication of what Landry and Lam suggested is so wrong imo...It is even innapropriate...What Sam does or did in her free time is her thing not the things of her superior... And I think - besides the fact if there was even more then just the friendship between Orlin and Sam - it was not to the question that Landry asked that of her... I mean that isn't a thing anyone should ask to anyone... I know when I first saw that moment I was ready to hit Landry and Lam...I think that moment is the moment I really didn't like Landry and Lam at all anymore...

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        I WANT STUCK. GIVE ME STUCK!!!
                        I think a lot of us want a copy of it...I know I would love to have a copy of it

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

First of all, there must be that delightful indefinable state called feeling at ease with your companion,
                        the one woman out of a multitude who interests you, who meets your thoughts and tastes!

(((Samanda)))
                        Chelle I love this sentence it is so deep but so appropriate!!!! I think that is the essence of Samanda!!!

Comment

I've been trying to catch up a bit, but I'm hopelessly behind. So. Questions:

1) Amanda is making a movie? On a sub? Or what's that about?
                          2) Has Sanctuary started yet?
                          3) YouTube isn't allowing music vids anymore? I can see them having to take down episodes, but vids? Hmph.

My thoughts on Martouf: I never liked him. I wrote a long post once eons ago about how I saw the majority of Sam's suitors as very self-centered creatures. I definately saw Martouf in that light. By that I mean that he always seemed more interested in what he got out of any kind of relationship with Sam, than what might be good for her. I agree with, Rachael, I think it was, who said he wanted Sam to be Jolinar more than he wanted her to be Sam. Lantash I think cared for her as Sam, but I never got the impression that Martouf did.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                            Ok I never really liked that moment in the fourth hourseman at all... I mean the implication of what Landry and Lam suggested is so wrong imo...It is even innapropriate...What Sam does or did in her free time is her thing not the things of her superior... And I think - besides the fact if there was even more then just the friendship between Orlin and Sam - it was not to the question that Landry asked that of her... I mean that isn't a thing anyone should ask to anyone... I know when I first saw that moment I was ready to hit Landry and Lam...I think that moment is the moment I really didn't like Landry and Lam at all anymore...
                            i'm thinking that that 'joke' was written when they thought SPF was gonna be Orlin, and no one thought about the inappropriateness of it all when he was a boy.

I write it off as an example of too much frat humor and a lack of sensitivity and empathy on behalf of the writers. the 'wink/wink/nudge/nudge' may have seemed funny to them, but from the pov of a person that'd just been accused of pedophilia, it wasn't.

and if it's been Daniel and Orlin for example, the writers would have been squicked and not done it.

Surely they could have kept hte joke in and implied 'don't you know each other' without taking that extra step

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                              I've been trying to catch up a bit, but I'm hopelessly behind. So. Questions:

1) Amanda is making a movie? On a sub? Or what's that about?
                              2) Has Sanctuary started yet?
                              3) YouTube isn't allowing music vids anymore? I can see them having to take down episodes, but vids? Hmph.

1) movie #2, continuum, has scenes taped in the arctic. rick, ben and amanda are up there right now taping them

2) may? i think.

3) not sure about the vids, but youtube has been hit hard by both viacom and nbc demanding they take down copyrighted stuff. it's possible that youtube is overcompensating by having folks take down EVERYTHING that could possibly be a copyright violation. and music vids to fit that criteria

sigpic

Comment

i'm thinking that that 'joke' was written when they thought SPF was gonna be Orlin, and no one thought about the inappropriateness of it all when he was a boy.

I write it off as an example of too much frat humor and a lack of sensitivity and empathy on behalf of the writers. the 'wink/wink/nudge/nudge' may have seemed funny to them, but from the pov of a person that'd just been accused of pedophilia, it wasn't.

and if it's been Daniel and Orlin for example, the writers would have been squicked and not done it.

Surely they could have kept hte joke in and implied 'don't you know each other' without taking that extra step
                                I couldn't agree with you more...I think that is exactly the case..Stupid frat humour...I mean I can not believe anyone in real life would ever say that to someone actually...
                                I mean it is so innapropriate...

Also the fact is in the ep of Asscension, things never looked like they had an intimite (sp?) relationship...they were friends, close friends nothing more to me...

Ok enough ranting about this subject...I know I could go on and on

Comment

Working...
                                X