Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
    Red hair. Lush bag. Got it Covent Garden Lush is the best in the world. Official Hope to see you there....
    If I can actually find the venue...
    Ah, well I hate, loath and detest The Smoke. You have to drag me there kicking and screaming, but it's worth it to see the last episode with friends, even if I've never physically met most of them before.
    I will be with discodiva, also a red haired hippy chick from this board, though not as curvy as me. We do not bite. Unless asked. I will be wearing purple, obviously, as 75% of my wardrobe is purple.

Are there any other members of the thread going?

FF
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
      Ah, well I hate, loath and detest The Smoke. You have to drag me there kicking and screaming, but it's worth it to see the last episode with friends, even if I've never physically met most of them before.
      I will be with discodiva, also a red haired hippy chick from this board, though not as curvy as me. We do not bite. Unless asked. I will be wearing purple, obviously, as 75% of my wardrobe is purple.

FF
      I'd love to go! But the paddle broke on my canoe, eh? D'oh.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by pixiesio View Post
        Oh, btw minigeek, I'm going to post about this on my lj, but just mentioning the situation and the eBay name of the person in question. I think this needs to be spread beyond GW.

Sio
        I am doing the same!!! Cause the more the merrier... cause I don't think this is acceptable!!!! I mean really...this should be punished... The fact is people will still buy it for a lot of money

Comment

FF
          I'll be there in spirit. I think it's a great opportunity for fans of the series to watch the finale together. Even though we have movies and everything (which could turn out to be way cool), it is the end of an era. The very thing that brought us all together is ending tomorrow. *sigh*

Will there be any party-goers with laptops? You guys have gotta make sure you fill the rest of us in on all of the sappy details.

This season has put me in a rather nostalgic mood, which perhaps has dulled my senses of the absurd. A part of me still believes that the SG-1 I knew and loved was stranded in Egypt, and that the last two years have been an AU. But I've really, REALLY tried to enjoy the series. And while I think it was absurd for them to have Jack in ATL's The Return and not in the series finale, I've tried not to let it bother me. Back when I was a noob, I proclaimed that I would never stop watching SG-1 until the end, and I'm glad that I never had to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            I am doing the same!!! Cause the more the merrier... cause I don't think this is acceptable!!!! I mean really...this should be punished... The fact is people will still buy it for a lot of money
            Have you guys found the culprit?? I would kick his butt!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
              I'll be there in spirit. I think it's a great opportunity for fans of the series to watch the finale together. Even though we have movies and everything (which could turn out to be way cool), it is the end of an era. The very thing that brought us all together is ending tomorrow. *sigh*

Will there be any party-goers with laptops? You guys have gotta make sure you fill the rest of us in on all of the sappy details.

This season has put me in a rather nostalgic mood, which perhaps has dulled my senses of the absurd. A part of me still believes that the SG-1 I knew and loved was stranded in Egypt, and that the last two years have been an AU. But I've really, REALLY tried to enjoy the series. And while I think it was absurd for them to have Jack in ATL's The Return and not in the series finale, I've tried not to let it bother me. Back when I was a noob, I proclaimed that I would never stop watching SG-1 until the end, and I'm glad that I never had to do so.
              Wish you were coming, and Mini too!
              Do not encourage me to take the iBook!!! I CAN SURVIVE ONE DAY WITHOUT TECH!!! Especially as I am staying in a geeky household with at least three Macs (but if I take the iBook and there is wifi in the pub... nooooooooo! I will resist!).
              I'm not sure how they can shoot the final episode without Jack. Doesn't seem right, somehow, so this is clearly not The End.

FF
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                True enough. On the other hand, the paparazzi can be viewed that way also, that they illustrate the popularity of celebrities via their actions - doesn't make them any less ignoble or intrusive. I never saw these folks, but I was told later that night that they hadn't even attended the performance, just vultured until they could sneak into the house and hand her a veritable "stack" of photos to sign. I'd like to look at the "good" in it, but I can't find any - other than Amanda's generosity with her time and spirit therein. Oh well. It takes all kinds, as they say.
                I'm a firm believer in karma. Not in the Buddhist religoius sense, but in the sense of people tend to treat mean people badly and kind people well. Vultures masquerading as people...

Amanda, on the other hand, has banked enough good karma to get her through this lifetime...and a few others if you believe reincarnation.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

((((AD))))

((((Spazzi))))

(((((Samandans))))

You know I still don't get it that tomorrow is the last ep...I still can't believe it yet... I mean to me it will just another ep...and even tomorrow I will not get it...even if I have seen the ep...I will not get it...I think somewhere I think there will be a season 11...
                  The fact that Sam is going to SGA and we still have the movies makes me think that it isn't the end...

But I met so many amazing people cause of SG-1 so it will be hard on me when I realize it is the end...But I know all these people are friends for life...

and some of them are our own Samandans
                  Replicarterje, you're making me cry!!!

Although I haven't seen the second half of the episodes (sort of), I have been having the similar thoughts. I've enjoyed lurking and reading so many of my fellow Samandan's thoughts, feelings, advice, and I mustn't forget wicked humor. The thought that it will end fills me with sadness. However, my mom (not grandma) always said when one door closes, another one opens. So, I'm sure you will meet many of those beloved friends you have made here at other forums enjoying other mutually loved (or even hated) TV shows or Webshows.

I think this is the most I have written since I joined. Still waiting for my official membership card! I also can't end this without a thunk

Back to lurking

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

FF
                    The scary thing is that out of all the big cities I've ever been to, London is the greenest Although I live in Greater London, which I'm sure you'd prefer, as there are old houses and royal parks and common land a-plenty. I live within about half an hour's walk of Constable's Richmond Hill view. Richmond is still on the tube map, and yet it has a meadow by the Thames with COWS. How cool is that

I'm a firm believer in the colour purple, although most of my purple things are winter clothes. I'll be recognisable as the flustered looking (I'm always late and lost!) 21 year old with the brown hair. Possibly with stupidly high shoes for walking across Covent Garden's cobbles...
                    sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                      I'm a firm believer in karma. Not in the Buddhist religoius sense, but in the sense of people tend to treat mean people badly and kind people well. Vultures masquerading as people...

Amanda, on the other hand, has banked enough good karma to get her through this lifetime...and a few others if you believe reincarnation.
                      right on scifithinker!! i'm with you on that

Comment

Wish you were coming, and Mini too!
                        Do not encourage me to take the iBook!!! I CAN SURVIVE ONE DAY WITHOUT TECH!!! Especially as I am staying in a geeky household with at least three Macs (but if I take the iBook and there is wifi in the pub... nooooooooo! I will resist!).
                        I'm not sure how they can shoot the final episode without Jack. Doesn't seem right, somehow, so this is clearly not The End.

FF
                        I really don't want to be an enabler or anything, FF, but...

...Look deep into my eyes... Deeper... Deeper...

This is a special occasion. It's OK to bring the lappy. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                          Replicarterje, you're making me cry!!!

Although I haven't seen the second half of the episodes (sort of), I have been having the similar thoughts. I've enjoyed lurking and reading so many of my fellow Samandan's thoughts, feelings, advice, and I mustn't forget wicked humor. The mutually loved (or even hated) TV shows or Webshows.

I think this is the most I have written since I joined. Still waiting for my official membership card! I also can't end this without a thunk

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...o/PDVD_053.jpg

Back to lurking
                          ((((((SG GATO)))))

sorry to make you cry

Please keep posting here!!!! you rock...what you haven't done on the celeeb voting page is amazing!!!! You really amazes me that every month you still are voting for her... keep supporting Amanda...I think that is great!!!

Yes it is nice to come here and to read everyone elses post...to see how the other think about everything and all...It is nice to see so many different people from all around the world...come together just for one person...everyone of us has another way on the fandom...but even then we still are fans...
                          Some have seen her on many occasions, some only once and some still hope to see her one day...But this is also what brings us together...

This one amazing person: AMANDA TAPPING

also because of her we worked together... every week we see things made for others, made together... just to show eachother that we like eachother. That is the beauty of Samanda!!!

And I am sure most of us will keep seeing eachother on other forums but most importent here...Cause I can't think of anyone who will leave Samanda after SG-1 and SG is done...Cause it is more then that...it has become more than that now...We are a bunch of friends together... And that is something they can't take from us...the friendship we made!!!

Ok is it normal to make yourself cry with a post?!? Cause I just did that... I think I am actually starting to realize that it is the end cause of all the talk...

Huggles
                          Eve

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                            I really don't want to be an enabler or anything, FF, but...

...Look deep into my eyes... Deeper... Deeper...

This is a special occasion. It's OK to bring the lappy. I promise.
                            Nononononononono!
                            Do not tempt me into Vice.
                            I am travelling light, I am going to the big city, full of pickpockets and people who wouldst snurch my beloved iBook.
                            I can survive 24 hours without the internet!
                            Even thought I am going to a flat with wifi, I will talk face to face with my hosts, I will not IM them from across the other end of the sofa (do not laugh, we produce a fanzine together, it has been done, we have had five of us on our Macs all IMing and SubEthaEditing an article together!)

Lead me not into temptation, there will be enough of that in the shops 'round Covent Garden.

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok is it normal to make yourself cry with a post?!?
                              Uhh, no. That's pretty wierd actually. Freak.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                                Uhh, no. That's pretty wierd actually. Freak.

Well weird is good right At least I just fit in here without a problem

teehee

Comment

Working...
                                X