Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
    I focused on this snip :

There were no plans at present, he said, to have Ben Browder (who plays “SG-1’s” Cameron Mitchell), Claudia Black (“SG-1’s” Vala Mal Doran) or Michael Shanks (“SG-1’s” Daniel Jackson) guest on “Atlantis,” but Mallozzi didn’t rule it out.

"They’re going to be in the two [‘Stargate SG-1’ DVD] movies” that are being filmed this spring, Mallozzi said. As far as bringing them back to “Atlantis,” “it’s a matter of coming up with a believable story and the actors’ availability and everything else."

I don't understand his response as Sam will be in the movie as well. My first thought was that this was an indication that Sam will have a small role. Although I know AT can do so much with so little, I'm pretty greedy and would want her to play a major role. Interpretations?
    He doesn't say that. It's not an "either or". There's no indication about Sam. He's talking about them, not about her. His response isn't an explanation of why they aren't going to be in Atlantis. It's just a comment about what they will be in.
    Last edited by scarimor; 20 February 2007, 03:56 PM.
    scarimor

Comment

Hey all! Quick announcement for ya. Stay tuned for sanctuaryfans.com to be showing up within the next week and a half. Yes we're moving fast because the time is now.

Myrth has already set up the new link to the Sanctuary forum at http://forum.sanctuaryfans.com/

Now...go forth and spread the word.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
        Hey all! Quick announcement for ya. Stay tuned for sanctuaryfans.com to be showing up within the next week and a half. Yes we're moving fast because the time is now.

Myrth has already set up the new link to the Sanctuary forum at http://forum.sanctuaryfans.com/

Hey! Cool! Is this a merging of the forum that already exists, or another forum?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          Hey! Cool! Is this a merging of the forum that already exists, or another forum?
          Basically, it's taking the forum from where it was and moving it to its new home.

Which is sanctuaryfans.com

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
            1. If you could only save one DVD boxset due to a plane crash on a remote island....which season would it be?

What am I going to do with the DVDs? Play frisbe on the beach?
            *high fives Scari*

Hurray for another literalist! So says scifithinker who freely admits to overthinking lots of things. Including the lack of electricity on remote islands.
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

who was it that said they'd have a more detailed amanda chat transcript coming? she/he said that amanda gave more details into her answers. i'm just excited to read 'more' of what amanda had to say.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                See, Mandy... I've watched the whole of ONE of those shows. In Germany. For about five episodes (Lost). Now, here's MY six questions.

<snip>

5. Sam is invited to judge the science competition at Dibley primary school. What is her excuse to Geraldine?

<snip>
                How's that for cultural reference?
                OK, this is the one reference I know. I've seen this entire series, but I don't understand. Why would she have to make an excuse to Geraldine?
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

In case no one has posted this yet, prion has posted the link to a Chicago Tribune article regarding AT and the change to Atlantis, on another site.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post

I'm already there. It opened this past weekend, and there are already over 100 members. That is a good sign for Amanda's new project. Of course, I'm really glad we have a space to discuss it here at GW, too. This is Samanda's home afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                      OK, this is the one reference I know. I've seen this entire series, but I don't understand. Why would she have to make an excuse to Geraldine?
                      To get out of it? Or do you reckon Sam would do it?
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I don't know about more detailed, but the transcript I posted the link to earlier is from TheAmandaTappingClub. I would think it is official.
                        http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/...=150&Itemid=59

Comment

Some interesting information about Carter moving into Atlantis shows up here (amidst a great deal of sanctimonious self-love from Mallozzi - or at the very least he's been quoted that way, which makes me wonder if he managed to tick off the Tribune reporter he spoke to on the phone). The poor guy. Anyhow, if you can manage to get past those bits in the interview snippets, there's some information in there also.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40935

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                            In fact, everytime I watch it I can't help wonder if maybe Jack got 'hurt' because, quite frankly, the writers couldn't figure out a way for him to be there without the tribal chiefs and the spirits getting so peev'd off they never let themselves or their rep get anywhere NEAR Earth.
                            actually, jack got hurt because rda's girlfriend had Wylie

originally the arrow was supposed to miss. but Apryl Prose (which i probably misspelled) went into labor and rick wanted to go be with his daughter, so jack got hurt, the show was tweaked, his lines given to sam and she took over so that rda could take time off

MS' girlfriend/wife was due to go into labor soon after, which is why daniel was written out of Matter of Time...to give michael time off to be with his new daughter
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

As a S/J shipper, I've been thinking that for years. But, seriously, I hope it was a misquote or just taken out of context. Maybe he meant something along the lines of 'what's done is done' and we can't undo it, because we already filmed it. I don't think so, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for now.

I really want season 4 to be a big success, escpecially since Amanda is joining the cast. Season 4 really needs to start strong and get stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                actually, jack got hurt because rda's girlfriend had Wylie

originally the arrow was supposed to miss. but Apryl Prose (which i probably misspelled) went into labor and rick wanted to go be with his daughter, so jack got hurt, the show was tweaked, his lines given to sam and she took over so that rda could take time off

MS' girlfriend/wife was due to go into labor soon after, which is why daniel was written out of Matter of Time...to give michael time off to be with his new daughter
                                Cool, thanks for that info Sky! Interesting that Sam's first command came as a result of a rewrite. I never knew that!

Comment

Working...
                                X