Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i think that's why i'm not a fan of kk's. too sweet. Every one of them is covered in glaze, then frosted. too much sugar

I like mine a bit breadier
    Fried cakes! Breadier donuts with something to sink your teeth into. There was a bakery in Troy NY where my mom was from and when I was little I remember waking up in the morning to hear the Freihoffers bakery truck (pulled by horses as was the milk van) coming along and stopping out front to leave an order. (During the WWII when they went back to using horses because of gas rationing.) Fried cakes you could have without sugar, with powdered sugar or white sugar or chocolate, etc. Didn't get them often other than plain as there was sugar rationing too. But what a treat. KK are AWFUL--just WAY too sweet and soft. UGH!! When the 1st store opened in Seattle a few years ago folks were lined up at 2am for the opening. I just didn't get it!!

donamac

Comment

Spoiler:
      It's 52 C in a P (W J) and I was thinking 52 cards in a pack (without jokers) but that's not it. It should be 'deck' anyway. Maybe I'm no where near close with that one.
      [/QUOTE]

That's correct. Make sure you have spaces, etc in the right place.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        That's correct. Make sure you have spaces, etc in the right place.
        I promise I had it just like that in the blank...I checked it over a billion times, and it never took it! Then I copied and pasted exactly what I had written in my post and it worked! How'd that happen? D'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
          "I did not borrow your lace panties!"

"You're wearing them right now, aren't you sir..."
          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
            "I did not borrow your lace panties!"

"You're wearing them right now, aren't you sir..."
            oh I do so love early morning giggles
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
              wow-i just had a close call-somehow i got subscribed to the anti-carter thread-quick i need an antidote.
              I've never gone in there and I don't believe that I ever will. Do you need me to splash you with cold water to remove it all from your mind?

Originally posted by NZBG View Post

I had a very strange dream last night. I was wearing a Star Trek t-shirt and pajama bottoms (this may or may not have been what I was sleeping in ) and I was dancing around my living room in point shoes, stumbling quite a bit because I haven't danced in 4 years. I was giving my toes a beating. Amanda Tapping and my sister-in-law were standing outside the window in the dark, holding donuts, and watching me with *WTF!?!* looks on their faces.

*ahem* Maybe I will eat some real food. After the jello.
              LOL. Interesting dream. Maybe they didn't know you could dance...?

You know, I'm never going to be able to be annoyed by wet socks ever again. Now when I step in a puddle and the water seeps through my shoes, my first though won't be "Frell!" it will be "teehee! Samanda!"
              That happened to me yesterday, I was wearing socks and just minding my own business walking around my house because it was Sunday when I stood in something that someone had spilled and I ended up with a wet sock but instead of I thought immediately of Samanadan. Well done to you guys 'cause I hated wet socks.

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
              O.K., we've spent the past several pages discussing wet socks, donuts, jello that won't set, and now underwear....Amanda, please give us details on Sanctuary. It is safe to say that the Samandans (myself included) are going crazy. Please, pretty please, pretty please with blue jello on top.
              In other words we're going crazy without the information, Amanda!!!!!

The blue jello was a good touch, I'm sure she'll do as we've asked now!

*edit* 600 posts? For crying out loud, that means I have to post something profound. But I can't think of anything. So here is a picture of Amanda with a crumpet on her head:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8...crumpetvq8.jpg
              Congrats on 600

Wendy
              Hugs
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                *finally stops running* *pants instead*
                Originally posted by suse View Post
                ::Eyes scifithinker warily:: What are you doing with underwear?

suse
                starts running
                Tag team. And I thought I was the only one who didn't make sense after bedtime.

O.K., we've spent the past several pages discussing wet socks, donuts, jello that won't set, and now underwear....Amanda, please give us details on Sanctuary. It is safe to say that the Samandans (myself included) are going crazy. Please, pretty please, pretty please with blue jello on top.
                And we come full circle because my comment about wanting to know about Sanctuary started the chase to catch me.

I still want more info.

Its release date is Spring 2007. Wouldn't it be ironic if we get Sanctuary before Stargate?
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Hi Ho Samandans...just a quick fly by to say hi and with any luck I should be back into the thread by Thursday...I have been swamped with homework and other RL issues...so I've missed a few days here...is in withdrawel...D'oH!
                  Anyhoo...hope everyone is well and happy!!
                  Happy birthday JanSam....sorry I missed your day...hope it was great!!
                  And congrats to all milestones reached...WTG!!
                  Oh and welcome to all newbies...please remember to rate this thread...we really are a great bunch...most of the time!!...hehe!!!
                  Well..as per my usual end of post wording...goodnight all...take care, be safe and be happy...and hug your loved ones...even when they leave the grill on and nearly burn down the house and you have to rush out of work coz your daughter rings you to say she's just got home from school and the house is full of smoke and it's hot as netu outside and you leave in such a hurry you forget to turn the air con off at work and have to ring the boss to explain why you rushed out of work only to have said daughter cry all over you and confess she left the grill on in the morning...holy hannah....so can you guess what happened here today???!!!..hehe...all ended well...kitchen survived but my heart nearly didn't...still....you gotta love kids....so hug your loved ones!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                    Hi Ho Samandans...just a quick fly by to say hi and with any luck I should be back into the thread by Thursday...I have been swamped with homework and other RL issues...so I've missed a few days here...is in withdrawel...D'oH!
                    Anyhoo...hope everyone is well and happy!!
                    Happy birthday JanSam....sorry I missed your day...hope it was great!!
                    And congrats to all milestones reached...WTG!!
                    Oh and welcome to all newbies...please remember to rate this thread...we really are a great bunch...most of the time!!...hehe!!!
                    Well..as per my usual end of post wording...goodnight all...take care, be safe and be happy...and hug your loved ones...even when they leave the grill on and nearly burn down the house and you have to rush out of work coz your daughter rings you to say she's just got home from school and the house is full of smoke and it's hot as netu outside and you leave in such a hurry you forget to turn the air con off at work and have to ring the boss to explain why you rushed out of work only to have said daughter cry all over you and confess she left the grill on in the morning...holy hannah....so can you guess what happened here today???!!!..hehe...all ended well...kitchen survived but my heart nearly didn't...still....you gotta love kids....so hug your loved ones!!
                    (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

At least your kitchen survived... I hope it doesn't require too much in the way of repair work for you, and aww to your daughter, I can only imagine how bad she felt.

I do agree with hugging your loved ones.

Wendy
                    Hugs
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                        I still want more info.

Its release date is Spring 2007. Wouldn't it be ironic if we get Sanctuary before Stargate?
                        AGGGGGHHHHHHH! That is such a real possibility that it isn't even funny!Sensored for Non PG Content SciFi channel! I am so glad that Sanctuary will be available to the whole world at the same time. It'll make discussion so much easier.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                        Holy Hannah is right! Poor Chelle! Poor Niki! At least she confessed, right? I'm glad the kitchen survived.

Comment

Happy Birthday Becky!

Comment

Hehe! Spacegirlnz already found an ice cream store meeting the criteria! Now she just has to look for donut stores.

*edit* 600 posts? For crying out loud, that means I have to post something profound. But I can't think of anything. So here is a picture of Amanda with a crumpet on her head:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8...crumpetvq8.jpg
                            Congrats NZBG on 600

But I'm afraid I'll have to call out the Royal Security on you for putting a crumpet on Amanda's head or perhaps just use the wet socks, unless...scarimor has some other ideas
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Happy Birthday Becky
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Happy Birthday Becky
                                Happy Birthday Becky!
                                Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post