Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i thnk it's the same reason that those that are out of phase can still stand on floors and not fall through things

the bigger plot hole i had LITS
    Spoiler:
    why didn't vala heal sam? she did it in u ninvited, why didn't she do it this time? and since when do they travel with med kits complete with surgical tools?
    Spoiler:
    Even a basic first aid kit has various tools in it. Considering the stuff SG1 usually get into, I'd be very surprised if they didn't pack a very well equipped medical kit

And I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have Vala with the healing device. Would have been a perfect Sam/Vala scene

Comment

i'm talking about after...after they got home there was no reason for vala not to assist.

oh and also
      Spoiler:
      its canon that sam has a higher tolerance to drugs. been mentioned a couple of times - desperate measures and foothold - so how come that didn't come up?...yes, i am nitpicking right now. along with the chocolate macaroons

guess sam's not cuckoo for coconut
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i thnk it's the same reason that those that are out of phase can still stand on floors and not fall through things
        They are trying to figure it out on another thread, something weird, with what axis the dimension is out of phase with to explain the ability to walk and manipulate the environment they are presumably out of phase with...

Back OT, it happened, 'cause Sam can manipulate all four universal forces...
        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
        Quint Studer

Comment

Spoiler:
          why didn't vala heal sam? she did it in u ninvited, why didn't she do it this time? and since when do they travel with med kits complete with surgical tools?

but i did enjoy it. no one was really wallpapered
          you are so right about that...
          Spoiler:
          How much morfine can you bring...what they thought to sedate the prior if their plan didn't work??
          as for Vala...wasn't she captured already by the Ori when Sam got shot?? So she couldn't heal Sam and she probably didn't have her hand device with her... She was busy fighting...
          Cam just came in when Sam was shot...and they had to think fast so they made the house out of phase...And then it was up to Sam and Cam to help themself...and they couldn't go out of phase cause then they would be detected so...they had to wait and see what they could do...

Comment

i'm talking about after...after they got home there was no reason for vala not to assist.

oh and also
            Spoiler:
            its canon that sam has a higher tolerance to drugs. been mentioned a couple of times - desperate measures and foothold - so how come that didn't come up?...yes, i am nitpicking right now. along with the chocolate macaroons

Aaah, good points.

I enjoyed the episode, but just thinking about different things, I don't really care, just mental doodling
            Spoiler:
            err drooling

One more thing:

Spoiler:
            Why do you think Sam was convinced she was going to die? That didn't seem like Sam to me. Did you see it as giving up, or she simply knew the severity of her injuries?
            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
            Quint Studer

Comment

Spoiler:

Well, I thought

Spoiler:
              maybe Vala didn't heal Sam for 2 reasons :
              a) the old "we don't want to make it too easy" thingo aka why they didn't have Sam use it more (too bad they don't apply it to magical beam outs ) and
              b) they want to establish that it has been quite a while for Daniel being gone. I got the impression quite a bit of time had passed at the beginng of the ep and add to that Sam's recuperation period and wala!! Daniel has sufficient time to reasonably do whatever in his arc,

As for the larger med kit. Maybe because they were expecting trouble (just look at the extra armament they brought with them) they might have beefed up the meds.

Also they may carry extra morphine because Sam needs larger doses doesn't she??
              -

Comment

Sneaks in... Amanda Wall #2 ...sneaks out.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
                  *plathunk* Nice! She kinda reminds me of Replicarter there!

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                    Aaah, good points.

I enjoyed the episode, but just thinking about different things, I don't really care, just mental doodling
                    Spoiler:
                    err drooling

One more thing:

Spoiler:
                    Why do you think Sam was convinced she was going to die? That didn't seem like Sam to me. Did you see it as giving up, or she simply knew the severity of her injuries?
                    I saw it has
                    Spoiler:
                    the severity of her injury. She was in a lot of pain, probabaly lightheaded from the loss of blood. And she was unconscious at the end before getting back to the SGC

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
                      Very very nice AmberMoon. Such talent

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

One more thing:

Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        I think she knew how severe her injury was. She probably also knew that by the time Mitchell could get her out of there, if he even could at all, it would be too late. One of the saddest parts is when she tells Mitchell he'll have to face the fact she's gonna die there.

Comment

you know the part that struck me about LITS

minor spoiler
                          Spoiler:
                          cam said 'prairie wind'...is it POSSIBLE that the writers have FINALLY figured out that Kansas is NOT in the south and is the midwest prairie?????
                          I'm sure it was figured out after they taped the ep though.

suse

PS: Does anyone have an evil grin smiley?
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

oh and also
                            Spoiler:

See just because she hated
                            Spoiler:
                            Mitchell's macaroons
                            doesn't mean she doesn't like coconut.

I LOVE coconut...and I HATE
                            Spoiler:
                            macaroons.
                            And let's not go into why
                            Spoiler:
                            they were black or really dark brown. Mitchell seemed pleased with them so I suppose he made them to spec. Nevertheless...*yuck*.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                              I saw it has
                              Spoiler:
                              the severity of her injury. She was in a lot of pain, probabaly lightheaded from the loss of blood. And she was unconscious at the end before getting back to the SGC
                              I truly believe
                              Spoiler:
                              she realized how badly hurt she was.

She's experienced pain before...but never has she ever said that she believed she was dying. She knew this was especially bad by how she felt and the amount of blood she was losing.

Not only was she shot in the abdomen, but she also got zapped by the exploding naqadah reactor. And the pain must have been immense.

Add to that the precarious situation they were in. She knew Mitchell couldn't spirit her away from there. Or rather even if he could find a way, she would never let him. So she was essentially stuck bleeding to death...in agony...in occupied territory...with no way to save her while preserving a device vital to the survival of countless millions.

A first for Samantha Carter...at least from the 10 years we've known her.

And Sky's right...she does have a high tolerance for painkillers/tranquilizers. This is possibly one reason why she woke up too quickly when Mitchell was working on her back. They more than likely have to pack lots of morphine just for her because of her intolerance. You've gotta be prepared just in case you're resident genius get shot and almost bleeds to death.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                Uh Oh! methinks Oooooober should run ...... fast ........ very very very fast!!
                                :: pokes ROX's sig::

Lemming Club? Shrill and uninformed lemming club? I'm sure there's a story there that I simply must know! (Please).

Spoiler:

I was actually wondering
                                Spoiler:
                                where the pillow came from. Surely they don't carry big fluffy pillows in their backpacks. Or even on the Fred.
                                BUt, even so-loved the episode with all my little SG1-fanatic heart.

Yeah,
                                Spoiler:
                                the hemostat was a bit much, and how much morphine do they carry? hehe Good point on Vala, but wasn't she too busy flirting with Teal'c? .
                                I don't know what
                                Spoiler:
                                a hemostat is...but I figure, with their history they probably DO carry a ton of morphine with them.

Plus-I think you're right. The macaroons had to have been burned. Mmmm. Macaroons. Must call mom tomorrow and see if I can con her into making some. If she made them over Christmas, I missed them!
                                Last edited by Deejay435; 20 January 2007, 09:00 PM. Reason: To make it better, of course!

Comment

Working...
                                X